Type keyword(s) to search

Dexter: New Blood Speculation

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

The girls have been missing for a long time and the billionaire oil baron Ed Olsen has just arrived in town. So he couldn’t be the kidnapper.

Is Kurt Caldwell the kidnapper? In episode 2, it’s mentioned that he couldn’t be reached for hours during the search of his son, Matt. And we saw the kidnapper was watching the girl from the bar, trapped in a room.

AF4F10AC-59E0-46AE-96F4-1262A5226752.jpeg

56 minutes ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

I do. Mercy killing.

I was thinking they might go that way too. To make his first kill more sympathetic. 

Of course we don't know what he's learned from Hannah. Did she kill while she raised him? If he managed to find Dexter he had to have looked her up and saw all the murders she was involved in. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

I do. Mercy killing.

Ooh - I wasn't thinking so charitably. I was thinking he found out all that Hannah hid from him about his father's murderous past and role in his mother's death and killed her in anger...

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

Ooh - I wasn't thinking so charitably. I was thinking he found out all that Hannah hid from him about his father's murderous past and role in his mother's death and killed her in anger...

Am thinking about pancreatic cancer, it’s not curable at a later stage, right? And Harrison seems so wounded, you can tell he is overcompensating for toughness.

Your theory makes sense too. We shall see in incoming episodes whether he has some deep, unresolved angers, fear of abandonment etc.

We know he is quite a sharp-witted young man. Look at how he behaves around the obnoxious teenagers and how he adapts to Dexter/Angela situation.

1 hour ago, Sakura12 said:

I was thinking they might go that way too. To make his first kill more sympathetic. 

Of course we don't know what he's learned from Hannah. Did she kill while she raised him? If he managed to find Dexter he had to have looked her up and saw all the murders she was involved in. 

When Hannah and Harrison fled to Argentina, did they use their real names or other aliases? With his investigative skill, Harrison should be aware of Hannah’s dark and troubled past, or at least some of it.

With dark tendencies inherited from Dexter or nurtured by Hannah, Harrison could either be a serial killer too or he could have a career in law enforcement.

He came to Iron Lake looking for Dexter, but he could be staying for Audrey.

I wonder who will be the first to know about Dexter’s dark secrets and to confront him - Angela or Harrison?

What if Harrison is not Harrison, but an imposter? 😱

• Love 1

Am thinking about pancreatic cancer, it’s not curable at a later stage, right? And Harrison seems so wounded, you can tell he is overcompensating for toughness.

As I understand it, by the time it's diagnosed, it's usually pretty advanced and not particularly receptive to treatment. I was wondering if Hannah even had pancreatic cancer or if that was a lie Harrison told, gambling that Dexter wouldn't check. It's a pretty big risk but then...

11 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

As I understand it, by the time it's diagnosed, it's usually pretty advanced and not particularly receptive to treatment. I was wondering if Hannah even had pancreatic cancer or if that was a lie Harrison told, gambling that Dexter wouldn't check. It's a pretty big risk but then...

That’ll be a nice twist! 👍

3 hours ago, paigow said:

Olsen flies up every year... his minions could be doing the kidnappings... 

image.png.fe39af88cc57b9f74a146cc30eb4f041.pngimage.png.da5ed982d6b6d9b72b4185e7d864b1c6.png  Could these guys be eye twins?

Look at the kidnapper’s hooded, droopy eye… it is Kurt Caldwell! 😎

I also think making Harrison a killer too is repetitive. Since they had Dexter's brother be a killer. They could show that just because someone witnesses violence as a kid doesn't mean they are destined to become violent. 

They could go with he mercy killed Hannah and that was his one and only kill. Meaning he's capable but doesn't have a need to kill. 

I am curious about what he learned from Hannah and what he knew about her. He spent about 7 years with her which is longer then he spent with both his bio parents. 

• Love 2

Dex killed hundreds of people and just took Deb off of life support, Harrison mercy killing Hannah is the opposite of what  Dexter does. Hannah could've asked him to kill her. 

That's why I am interested in what kind of upbringing he had with her. He lived with her longer then his parents. He had to have looked her up, you'd think he'd ask his dad why he left him with a serial killer. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

you'd think he'd ask his dad why he left him with a serial killer. 

Who else would move to a non-extradition country? Who else would be willing to be a no-holds-barred protector? Harrison has probably figured it out already... 

• Useful 1

After Dex kills Caldwell, he will try killing Harrison. Angela will stumble on to the scene and kill Dex. Harrison marries Audrey and extends the homicidal bloodline...

Also, given that Audrey is adopted, her bloodline could also be... complicated

Edited by paigow
  • LOL 1

I now agree with those that speculated that the Runaway Girl "Killer" is actually a pair of killers (Kurt and Oil Guy). I suspect this will be the theme. We'll have Dexter/Harrison and Kurt/Oil Guy.

I also suspect that the killers will turn on each other...both pairs. I think Dexter/Harrison will deal with the older 2 and then Harrison will kill Dexter. If there's another season, my guess is Dexter becomes Harrison's ghost (the way Harry and Deb were/are).

• Love 2

Just had a completely nutty thought: The kid isn't Harrison at all. He's some murderous, baby-faced drifter who ran into Harrison, got info from him (plus the letters, etc., in Harrison's backpack), then killed him and stole all his stuff. Off to Dexland to start over.

We find out all this when he kills Dexter at the end.

I did say it was nutty.

Edited by AngelaHunter
Forgot to add 2nd part of nutty theory.

Molly Park knows exactly who Dexter Morgan is…

A59FA441-033B-441D-A33F-5B269F917635.jpeg

On 12/8/2021 at 7:58 AM, AngelaHunter said:

Just had a completely nutty thought: The kid isn't Harrison at all. He's some murderous, baby-faced drifter who ran into Harrison, got info from him (plus the letters, etc., in Harrison's backpack), then killed him and stole all his stuff. Off to Dexland to start over.

We find out all this when he kills Dexter at the end.

I did say it was nutty.

Another nutty thought…

What if this “not Harrison” is actually in cahoots with Molly the podcaster to expose Dexter. 😱

Edited by SnazzyDaisy
  • Love 1
On 12/8/2021 at 9:37 PM, SnazzyDaisy said:

Molly Park knows exactly who Dexter Morgan is…

A59FA441-033B-441D-A33F-5B269F917635.jpeg

Another nutty thought…

What if this “not Harrison” is actually in cahoots with Molly the podcaster to expose Dexter. 😱

My nutty theory Harrison is an under cover police officer. With Molly's and her fan's help the cops are on to Dexter and trying to get him to implicate himself. 

6 minutes ago, EvergreenLove said:

I'm 99% convinced that Dexter will die in the end with the next series focusing on Harrison (and Dex taking a Harry/Deb role for him in the background).  Wouldn't shock me if Harrison is the one that kills Dexter.

I think that's a very likely scenario. Although, I wonder how much interest there would be in a Harrison series/season

• Love 1

Kurt gets arrested, but inevitably gets freed... So he conveniently fits the code. The twist will be Angela wanting revenge makes her an accomplice. I think she will eventually kill Dex to eliminate the conspiracy.

• Love 2
23 hours ago, paigow said:

Stalking cast members of Saved By The Bell would be a good start...

And Scott Buck, plus all the writers from "The Walking Dead."

On 12/13/2021 at 5:27 PM, EvergreenLove said:

Wouldn't shock me if Harrison is the one that kills Dexter.

I'd be fine with that.

12 hours ago, paigow said:

Only because paramedics saved the slashing victim from bleeding out. He is TRYING.

Absolutely. I think his first kill will be something we witness, not something that happened in the past or something that already happened by the time show gets back to him.

• Love 1

Here's a way-out-there theory I found on YouTube. Basically, Dexter is on death row about to be executed, and he got ahold of a drug and is hallucinating everything that happened in the season. I doubt this would be right, but it's interesting.  

Edited by Pike Ludwell

Yeah - as to Owl Creek. And, I don't think it would explode the internet (at least not with praise) like the show runner said about the ending. Fans would find it another poor ending.

Edited by Pike Ludwell

If we are going with the "it was all a dream" why have only this season be the dream. Have Dexter wake up in Rita's arms at the end of season 1. 

- Dokes is still alive;

- Deb is still alive;

- Harrison never born

DO OVER.

I am wondering what this Monday morning surprise is. If it is more seasons I will be disappointed.   I can do without yet another season where Dexter "just happens" to stumble on another serial killer and everyone in Dexter's sphere is in danger or dead. Seen  it, bored with it. Dexter is starting to head into "the terminator" plot line of just not being able to go past a certain point in the story and just keep doing the same story over and over again. 

I haven't seen anyone bring it up but how old is Dexter now? Isn't one of the biggest reasons that serial killers hang it up is because they are getting older and either don't have the urge as much (less testosterone) or can't do it? And Dexter isn't someone who kills people weaker than him, women or children.  How long can he really be a serial killer realistically? Is he going to be lifting and dragging men in his 60s?

On 1/8/2022 at 3:08 PM, BooBear said:

I haven't seen anyone bring it up but how old is Dexter now? Isn't one of the biggest reasons that serial killers hang it up is because they are getting older and either don't have the urge as much (less testosterone) or can't do it?

He's 50. I don't know of any serial killers who went into peaceful retirement. They almost always end up executed or die in prison. Most of them do get caught, but I guess those few who didn't would have to quit eventually but we'll never know their fate.

8 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

He's 50. I don't know of any serial killers who went into peaceful retirement. They almost always end up executed or die in prison. Most of them do get caught, but I guess those few who didn't would have to quit eventually but we'll never know their fate.

The BAU regularly gets cases where new murders match a pattern that stopped 20 or 30 years ago...