Type keyword(s) to search

S01:E06 Behind the Throne

AgentRXS
  • Start Topic

As the ladies prepare to shoot their first music video in nearly two decades, Brianna has a hard time maintaining a work-life balance. Meanwhile, Lil Muffin works to reestablish her career, and Jill continues to manage her public image.

Original Air Date: November 23, 2021

Jill has turned into a real bitch. A fall has to be coming soon.

I feel so bad for Valeria, I wonder if it will turn out to be a not-what-it-looks-like thing? Though I can't really think of what it could be.

• Love 2

I am glad Brianna had a chat with her son, because dang he was unlikeable. And can we take a moment to admire Eve's amazing skin?! Those close ups on her face, I was in awe.

I think I missed an episode, or part of one - because I don't remember Valeria's mom showing up. Did she do a DNA test to confirm it's her? 

• Love 1

Yes, Jill is obnoxious.  Of course this was after her husband told her she was a good person and to try and not change.  I hope Tina is done with her.  I get Jill wanting to spread her wings and enjoy being out but she's not the first person to come out and really needs to get over herself.  She's definitely heading for a fall.

Brianna found out that a one night stand can bite you in the butt when you have kids.  And yes, I was glad she had a talk with her son.  Kids need to know that money doesn't grow on trees and that someone has to go earn a paycheck.  She's also seen that she's got a child care problem just trying to do a two day video shoot so she's definitely going to have to get some serious help if she plans on touring.

I was hoping the best for Valeria and her mom but sure, okay.  No reason for mom to be taking pictures of her credit cards.  I'm sure Valeria will cancel those ASAP but mom can't be that bright.  As soon as Valeria saw the charges she'd know something was up.  Also, if mom has come back where this supposedly abusive dad/husband and can he be far behind?

Not sure what Eric's deal is with Naomi.  He's got his daughter in his life.  Was he expecting that he and Brianna would be a happy, little family?  I'm also curious how he came up with the money to help bail out Lauren.

Speaking of which, Lauren needs to ditch her so-called old friends because they obviously want nothing but money from her.  I wonder how this tour will work for her since my understanding is that record labels invest and take a lot of money out of artists pockets when it comes to tours especially when they are fairly new so even though she may not have a contract is there something the label had in her contract that would give them rights to any profits she might see from this tour?

Edited by milkyaqua
  • Love 1

Jill is an asshole, and a dumb one at that. What’s to stop Tina from going on YouTube or Twitter to confess that Jill used her? It wouldn’t be hard to prove with phone records. Like how dumb are you to play her like that.

Valeria’s mom is a dumb asshole too. Why not just take the free 100k instead of doing something that would obviously get you caught eventually and jail time for credit card fraud? So dumb.

Why can’t Lauren see that her friends don’t give a crap about her? 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, RunningMarket said:

I think I missed an episode, or part of one - because I don't remember Valeria's mom showing up. Did she do a DNA test to confirm it's her? 

I remember her showing up end of last episode but I don’t remember any mention of a DNA test which was my first question!

Assuming this woman is telling the truth, how does she know that this adult woman is the baby she left without a DNA test? If her abusive husband is whom she feared why didn’t she take the baby back to PR with her?

9 hours ago, milkyaqua said:

Not sure what Eric's deal is with Brianna.  He's got his daughter in his life.  Was he expecting that he and Brianna would be a happy, little family?  I'm also curious how he came up with the money to help bail out Lauren.

I don’t get the Naomi,Eric, Jojo dynamic. Jojo is TWENTY. She was raised by her maternal grandmother.

I fully understand her wanting to build a relationship with her father she just found and get closer to the mom that didn’t raise her, but that doesn’t mean Eric or Naomi get a “do over” with her. Naomi is crazy possessive over her, and Eric (who I forgive more because he didn’t know she existed) doesn’t seem to know what to do to build an adult relationship with her. 

I am surprised Brianna’s son didn’t get” the black smacked off of him” speaking to his mother that way! 😒(figuratively)

Brianna needs to hire a nanny to chauffeur the kids around and supervise when she is working. 

• Love 2
20 hours ago, AgentRXS said:

Valeria’s mom is a dumb asshole too. Why not just take the free 100k instead of doing something that would obviously get you caught eventually and jail time for credit card fraud? So dumb.

I thought of that too but then thought, if she's getting a diamond necklace and a 100K check from Valeria, she probably thinks she can milk her for even more.  But again, once Valeria saw the credit card activity she'd just cancel the cards and the jig would be up.  Mom could also try and do something like fake identity and scam her that way as it might take a moment for Valeria to catch on (after creditors came after her for payment)...

Two words to the writers: slow down

Let things flow slower, let viewers savor and feel the fall out of story before throwing in another twist.

Why didn't we see Valeria's reaction to this woman claiming to be her mom?  Why throw in the taking pics of credit cards when the mom only showed up at the end of the previous episode?

Back in the day, classes were taught on how to write soaps because it was a different beast.  Maybe this class should be required before creating a prime time soap?

• Love 2

Oh Valeria, I'm sorry you got played but everyone saw that coming. And of course you had to "force" your fake mom to accept the necklace, that's how a good grifter works. I hope Valeria burns this woman to the ground in a way only she can.

I'm glad Brianna had an adult conversation with her son about the reality of life now. It sucks for him, but he needed to understand how things work now. Do the kids know their dad cheated? I can't remember if that was something Brianna and Jeff explained to them or not.

Naomi trying to act like she's a single mom drives me crazy. You dumped JoJo on your mom as a baby and visited once a year, you didn't raise her, Naomi. Eric acting like he's jealous of Naomi now is driving me crazy, too. Just because you share a daughter now doesn't mean Naomi is your family or you have any claim to her. But the video director hitting so awkwardly on Naomi bugged me, too, so everything about Naomi's personal life was annoying me, lol.

Jill needs to take several seats and I hope Tina gets her back. How awful was Jill to use her yet again?

Muffin needs to dump those awful "friends" asap, they are horrible. I guess her forehead healed super fast from the unicorn horn. I still don't know what is going on with Eric saying he fixed everything with the label, something is off.

Are we supposed to be guessing who the shooter is yet? My money is on someone involved with Jill at this point. She's made a lot of enemies in a short amount of time. 

• Love 3
On 11/26/2021 at 4:44 PM, emma675 said:

Naomi trying to act like she's a single mom drives me crazy. You dumped JoJo on your mom as a baby and visited once a year, you didn't raise her, Naomi.

When she told Brianna "Welcome to being a single mom with a career in music" I was like "How would you know?" She's technically a single mom but she didn't do the actual work.

On 11/24/2021 at 8:26 PM, Scarlett45 said:

I remember her showing up end of last episode but I don’t remember any mention of a DNA test which was my first question!

I was like "You just took her word for it?" But I'm a skeptic.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I was like "You just took her word for it?" But I'm a skeptic.

I think she really is her mom, but either she only contacted Valeria for the scam & she's just your basic bad mom, or her photographing the credit cards is going to turn out to be something completely innocent that I can't think of.

I hate Muffin's friends even more knowing they've been her friends since middle school. Like they're not random hangers on who started riding her coattails but people Lauren brought with her into fame. The owe her better than this. But at least her forehead injury magically healed. And Queens could've told her they didn't like her verse and given her a chance to revise it or collaborate the first time around. 

Jill is being a jerk. First she cheats on Tina, then asks for a favor and leads her on and acts like she didn't. 

I'm glad the producer told Valeria about her mom. I really think Valeria should have gotten a DNA test before she took any steps with her mom. 

On 11/26/2021 at 4:44 PM, emma675 said:

Are we supposed to be guessing who the shooter is yet? My money is on someone involved with Jill at this point. She's made a lot of enemies in a short amount of time. 

Yeah, I've got it pegged for the husband (who surprised me with actually going through with the divorce), but Tina would make sense too at this point.