Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E07: Fire Fight

WendyCR72
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, judyri said:

Wesley is a hot mess, he should have negotiated a number of deals with the mob guy, otherwise he should have known he'd be in his pocket forever.  I get Angela was in trouble, but this is an awful story line.  I mean if the Sargent notices,  it's too obvious that he's become a mob lawyer.

Yes.
Plus, Wesley’s story is basically a serial killer story except instead of just multiple victims getting killed, for every dead victim, Wesley gets threatened with his or a family member’s death——so it’s like a double whammy serial killer plot arc that has been going on for way too long.
And I loathe serial killer stories——and we just had another serial killer story as the A plot arc.

Dear Show,   
We need to talk. 
And if you have another serial killer story before we talk——we won’t need to talk anymore at all. 
Sincerely,
Loyal viewers like shapeshifter 

• Love 2
On 11/15/2021 at 3:33 PM, devilhalo said:

I hate the Bailey character. She looks more like his daughter than his bed partner.

To me, they just can't seem to find a love interest for him that clicks personality wise.  Lucy was the closest but she was too young.  Bailey just seems so dour all the time, they seem bored with each other after a month.  And you can be professional still have a spark of personality, Angela is a good example of that.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, judyri said:

And you can be professional still have a spark of personality, Angela is a good example of that.

The downside is that she believes in ghosts, curses and other supernatural things...

• LOL 4
2 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Dear Show,   
We need to talk. 
And if you have another serial killer story before we talk——we won’t need to talk anymore at all. 
Sincerely,
Loyal viewers like shapeshifter 

Serial villains of any kind is the only way to attract stunt casting worthy talent...

• Rapist
  • Bank Robber
Edited by paigow
  • Love 2
On 11/15/2021 at 2:22 AM, Surrealist said:

And, of course, Nolan singlehandedly took down the serial killer. 🙄

How was he up running around? Weren't his legs supposed to be broken at that point? Does he have titanium rods in his legs that we hadn't known about before?

• Love 4
1 minute ago, eel21788 said:

How was he up running around? Weren't his legs supposed to be broken at that point? Does he have titanium rods in his legs that we hadn't known about before?

Pretty sure in the hospital scene later they said nothing was broken, but his leg muscles must have been bruised badly after a hit from a car.

I don't recall if the car hit from the front or from the back. In the front you have bone, in the back you have muscle.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, UnknownK said:

Pretty sure in the hospital scene later they said nothing was broken, but his leg muscles must have been bruised badly after a hit from a car.

I don't recall if the car hit from the front or from the back. In the front you have bone, in the back you have muscle.

The tibia is in the front. The fibula is in the back.

Also, how come all the other victims had broken bones after being hit by his car, but he didn't? I'm going with the titanium rod theory. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, Surrealist said:

This drops Angela down in my estimation.

YMMV.

For me a character from a real culture where many do believe in the supernatural and ghosts, is fine. As an atheist, I don't dismiss or think less of my friends who are intelligent people of faith. I'm not arrogant in my disbelief, it is all unknowable, and as the saying goes, "There are more things in heaven and Earth, Horatio, / Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

I'm also okay with anyone thinking less of Angela for this. As you said, mileage varies.

• Love 4
On 11/17/2021 at 12:20 AM, paigow said:

All well and good that fake guns will be used on set from now on...

The fact is, guns don't kill people. Bullets do.

In a recent on-set incident (which looks more and more suspicious with every new revelation), they had live rounds on set, and used the prop gun(s) to go 'plinking' between shoots. ('Prop gun' doesn't mean fake. It just means it belongs to the prop department.)

The growing number of sequential screwups that lead to a fatality started with live rounds being on set, and one finding it's way into the gun. Was it left there after they finished their last bout of target shooting? Why was the firearm on set without the armorer being present? Why did both the people who handled the weapon fail to check it properly? Why was the weapon, a single-action revolver, cocked, aimed and the trigger pulled when the script didn't call for that to occur in film? Why was it pointed directly at two people when this is never done on any set?

But most of all, and we come back to the one obvious question: Why was there live ammo anywhere within a statute mile of the set?

• Love 3
On 11/17/2021 at 8:20 AM, Raja said:

Which is odd. They may have said that as Chen's primary field trainer Bradford was going to decide if she could stay in LAPD but in the first episode the Captain overrode Sergeant Grey knocking out Nolan. And now Tim is not just another officer but one of Lucy's Sergeants

I agree.  There is still some type of power imbalance although just not as direct as it was before when he was her TO.  Who knows maybe they'll bring it up again in the context of exploring the Chenford romance.  They kind of hinted at this when Lucy was aiming to be Bradford's gopher in one of the earlier season 4 episodes.   I'm only speculating here, but I think Bradford's abrupt ending to the Bet with Lucy was his way of acknowledging that their flirtatious banter is inappropriate in the context of the current power imbalance between them.  

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Thomas Crown said:

I agree.  There is still some type of power imbalance although just not as direct as it was before when he was her TO.  Who knows maybe they'll bring it up again in the context of exploring the Chenford romance.  They kind of hinted at this when Lucy was aiming to be Bradford's gopher in one of the earlier season 4 episodes.   I'm only speculating here, but I think Bradford's abrupt ending to the Bet with Lucy was his way of acknowledging that their flirtatious banter is inappropriate in the context of the current power imbalance between them.  

This is interesting and it makes me think of another point about their inappropriate work behavior.  Lucy and Tim discussed their bet in front of Grey, and he gave them each a section of the criminal code.  Whoever arrested someone for their assigned violation was the winner. It's really dumb that Grey, as a commanding officer, would go along with their game.  More probable is that he would tell Tim to straighten up and stop playing games with Lucy.

Edited by nittany cougar
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, nittany cougar said:

Whoever arrested someone for their assigned violation was the winner

Smacks of the days when cops had quotas. At the end of the month they would ticket you for trivia,  just to make their quota.

I think if you could prove that you had been charged because the cop needed to charge someone/anyone in order to win a bet, you'd get off scot-free. 

• Love 2