Type keyword(s) to search

90 Day Fiance: Love In Paradise Live Chat

• Start Topic

So was Danielle just collecting red flags for her bridal bouquet then? She felt like she had to use literal witchcraft on this man to keep him around but she still wants to uproot her life and marry him.

7 minutes ago, Maybeitsme said:

Will this ever end?

It honestly feels like Groundhog Day.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
Just now, sainte-chapelle said:

Don’t get pregnant Ari…she looked gleeful when he said he wanted to put another baby in her…idiot. He told you who he is…believe him. 

She sounds just like those dippy chicks who "date" inmates on LAL. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

Alright, I’m tired and sleepy from all the trivial and insignificant blathering of Danielle. I really enjoyed your snark tonite, and hope we convene for one last Monday live watch before a long break! See you around the forums tomorrow and have a great rest of your week! Peace out. ✌️ 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

The show was dull but the company was exhilarating. Thanks for keeping me awake! Have a happy week, dear snarkers. See some of you on Friday for LAL and may I’ll jump into the new season of 600 lb. Life on Wednesday(?). It’s a sickness, I tell you. Ciao.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Wait, I thought Mama Aryanna "came out of retirement" to help Aryanna with the baby? Now she's coming home from work finding Ary weeping in the shower? Get your stories straight ladies. The two of them are drama queens extraordinaire. 

I thought the story was previously retired Grandma had to go back to work so Aryanna could stay home with the baby. Apparently Aryanna has no work skills so she couldn’t get a job and her mother could stay home and babysit.  

• Useful 2
13 hours ago, TwirlyGirly said:

Quick off-topic question: I'm on mobile and the ads at the bottom of the screen cover up the "Show new replies" button. Anyone else have that problem? 

I had that problem on my iphone & tried downloading an ad blocker for live chat on Sunday, seemed to work well.

It's called adblock pro & is a free Safari extension, not sure if it works on anything else but I'm sure there are others out there or there is duck duck go instead.

Apologies if this has been answered already, just catching up.

Forgot that I also reported it as a bug over a week ago.

Edited by Welshman in Ca
  • Useful 1

As someone who has been to Negril in Jamaica 13 times and to the country a grand total of 19, I simply cannot imagine how even a young woman can be foolish enough to a) have unprotected sex on vacation; b) not use SOME kind of contraception; and c) think that the guy she met on the beach or at a bar is in love with her. Now granted, my trips were with my husband until he died, but these guys are EVERYWHERE and it's one reason why even at my advanced age of 67, I would not go back alone.

Sherlon obviously works at Hedonism. Now I don't know if that's where Aryanna stayed on her first trip, but can she possibly be that naive? I recognize that it can be a heady experience being a "fluffy girl" subject to contempt and called "fat" in the US who suddenly becomes a hot babe in Negril. I get that. I've experienced it. But Aryanna's stupidity and stubborn belief that she is in a relationship with this man is just bonkers.

Look, there are some good guys in Negril, and there are guys who do marry tourists and move to the US or Canada and they live happily ever after. Or they marry tourists who move to Negril and they set up a business together. But Sherlon is clearly one of those who sees the beach as an all-you-can-eat buffet. As far as he was concerned, Aryanna was just another sex tourist.

Sherlon isn't necessarily full of it when he talks about working all the time. Staff at hotels work LONG hours and some of the larger resorts even have staff accommodations. Some work multiple jobs. And Americans don't realize how low the pay is, even by Jamaican standards.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, Welshman in Ca said:

I had that problem on my iphone & tried downloading an ad blocker for live chat on Sunday, seemed to work well.

It's called adblock pro & is a free Safari extension, not sure if it works on anything else but I'm sure there are others out there or there is  duck duck go instead.

Apologies if this has been answered already, just catching up.

Forgot that I also reported it as a bug over a week ago.

Oops.....

Edited by Welshman in Ca
6 hours ago, brilliantbreakfast said:

these guys are EVERYWHERE and it's one reason why even at my advanced age of 67, I would not go back alone.

So, I have never been to Jamaica, or the DR, or even an all inclusive on any island.  I am super curious.....like, if me and a girl friend or two (in our 40s, average size) wanted to do a girls trip to one of these places, how bad would we be swatting the guys off? I am married and I doubt my husband would ever be ok with me taking said trip to this type of place (well, especially not one named Hedonism). I am just curious though. 

Edited by Stuckathome
8 hours ago, Stuckathome said:

So, I have never been to Jamaica, or the DR, or even an all inclusive on any island.  I am super curious.....like, if me and a girl friend or two (in our 40s, average size) wanted to do a girls trip to one of these places, how bad would we be swatting the guys off? I am married and I doubt my husband would ever be ok with me taking said trip to this type of place (well, especially not one named Hedonism). I am just curious though. 

That’s how 90 Day Molly met Luis in the DR. He was a very flirtatious bartender and when he said he wanted to marry her at first sight, she believed he was serious. That makes me suspect any woman who is unattached at one of these resorts is fair game to the island boys who are working for tips, especially if she appears to be a naive American who falls for their spiel. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 2
15 hours ago, magemaud said:

That’s how 90 Day Molly met Luis in the DR. He was a very flirtatious bartender and when he said he wanted to marry her at first sight, she believed he was serious.

I forgot about them......the evil owls in the house LOL

Isn't that also how Devar and what's her face (blond with a kid) met? I remember just being shocked at how much $$$ that one spent going back and forth to see her boy toy. 

I can understand getting caught up in the fantasy while at the resort, but once they get home, doesn't reality hit these women?? 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Stuckathome said:

I forgot about them......the evil owls in the house LOL

Isn't that also how Devar and what's her face (blond with a kid) met? I remember just being shocked at how much $$$ that one spent going back and forth to see her boy toy. 

I can understand getting caught up in the fantasy while at the resort, but once they get home, doesn't reality hit these women?? 

Molly was the first to come to mind but Melanie and Devar had a similar story and there are others like Kalani and Asuelu, Ashley and Jay, Victor and Ellie, Kara and Guillermo, and Stephanie and Ryan who met when the women were on vacation at an island resort. In fact, that island meeting premise was so successful I believe that's how production got the idea to spin off a special "Paradise" edition. 

Edited by magemaud
I keep thinking of more couples who met that way!
  • Like 1
On 1/10/2023 at 4:19 PM, Stuckathome said:

19-time vacationer in Jamaica, 13 times to Negril. First of all, you don't have to stay at Hedonism. There are plenty of hotels in Negril that are not all about sexual activity and partner swapping. Yes, you are going to be hassled on the beach. It started with "How Stella Got her Groove Back" and it stayed that way. Look, there are women who meet a Jamaican guy, bring him home and live happily ever after. Some women meet a guy there, move there, and marry him.  Some spend months at a time there and have a guy there whose function is more than just being a f***boi, but to essentially keep them safe and un-hassled.

Only idiots think their vacation fling is a potential husband until and unless they get to know them and keep their wits about them.

But here's the thing: Word gets around among the beach vendors. If you say "No thank you," whether it's to ganja, to reggae bracelets (this one is important, they'll grab your hand and tie it on you as a "gift", then ask for money), or to sex, after a few days the guys learn you mean business and they'll leave you alone. Just be sure to keep your signals straight and watch your drinks as you would anywhere. Getting drunk is just not a great idea.

Negril is a beautiful place. I've been there only once since 2007 and that was to take my dead husband's ashes to be buried at sea out by one of the reefs. It's kind of a different scene now, but people still love it. You just need to keep your wits about you. And there are many smaller properties that might not be as luxurious as the big all-inclusives, but likely are more careful about screening their potential employees. (Riu properties have had a particularly bad time with this.) Remember -- Negril is part of a country full of really interesting people and a rich culture. It's not, or at least shouldn't be treated as, a theme park for sex tourism.

• Applause 1
  • Useful 2
2 hours ago, brilliantbreakfast said:

19-time vacationer in Jamaica, 13 times to Negril. First of all, you don't have to stay at Hedonism. There are plenty of hotels in Negril that are not all about sexual activity and partner swapping. Yes, you are going to be hassled on the beach. It started with "How Stella Got her Groove Back" and it stayed that way. Look, there are women who meet a Jamaican guy, bring him home and live happily ever after. Some women meet a guy there, move there, and marry him.  Some spend months at a time there and have a guy there whose function is more than just being a f***boi, but to essentially keep them safe and un-hassled.

Only idiots think their vacation fling is a potential husband until and unless they get to know them and keep their wits about them.

But here's the thing: Word gets around among the beach vendors. If you say "No thank you," whether it's to ganja, to reggae bracelets (this one is important, they'll grab your hand and tie it on you as a "gift", then ask for money), or to sex, after a few days the guys learn you mean business and they'll leave you alone. Just be sure to keep your signals straight and watch your drinks as you would anywhere. Getting drunk is just not a great idea.

Negril is a beautiful place. I've been there only once since 2007 and that was to take my dead husband's ashes to be buried at sea out by one of the reefs. It's kind of a different scene now, but people still love it. You just need to keep your wits about you. And there are many smaller properties that might not be as luxurious as the big all-inclusives, but likely are more careful about screening their potential employees. (Riu properties have had a particularly bad time with this.) Remember -- Negril is part of a country full of really interesting people and a rich culture. It's not, or at least shouldn't be treated as, a theme park for sex tourism.

How do I highlight and cut out part of a post I'm replying to and only keep the part of the post I'm addressing?

It's not working the same way with the new software as it did with the old.

I'm addressing what you said about this all starting with "How Stella Got Her Groove Back": must be the women who only saw the movie but didn't read the book.

The movie was all "... and they lived happily ever after" whereas the book - not so much.

Especially not from Stella's perspective. 

• Like 2

Hola, my snarky darlings! How's everyone doing? Sorry I missed the chat last night, houseguest and I were binging "Recipes for Love and Murder" on Prime, and every single episode ends with a cliffhanger so there was nowhere I could break away. (GREAT series by the way, I highly recommend!)

Is this exercise in futility and foolishness two hours again tonight? I don't know if I can bear it. I was out earlier and all of a sudden felt faint and clammy, very weird. Fine now but feel like I should go to bed early. I'm not sure what effect these fools are going to have on my well being. 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2
  • Love 2

Pred is a subterranean creature that does not deserve any more airtime. We can swipe left on his doormat, too. Ugh!

Don’t even get me started on MILF Manor. TLC stands for “The Learning Channel”. And THIS SHIT is what they want us to “learn”?!?! 🤮 

• Applause 1