Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: Unforgivable

• Start Topic

Airing October 21, 2021:

Bell must provide protection when a gubernatorial candidate makes quick enemies of the K-O. Reggie is assigned a dangerous task. A figure from Eddie's past makes life difficult for Stabler.

• Love 1

Wow, that was one intense episode. I didn’t see a lot of that coming, such as Reggie killing the politicians wife and the kid at the end knowing Stabler isn’t Eddie. I like this storyline and I look forward to seeing how they wrap it up, which I expect them to do in the next couple of episodes. Stabler’s cover is about to get blown, that much is obvious.

The only time the episode dragged was the Stabler family scene at the beginning (I can’t stand Stabler’s annoying family) and the scene with Bell, her wife and the Congressman, I’m still not sure where all that’s going but the subplot of Bell’s wife suing the NYPD has added nothing to the show. Other than those brief scenes, this was an intense, action packed episode that kept my attention from start to finish.

• Love 8

Another good episode. I have to say I look forward to this show in a way I have not looked forward to SVU in years.

I know I shouldn't, but I do feel kind of bad for Reggie. He clearly wants to be appreciated/accepted in the crew in a way he is not, and never will be. Meanwhile they gave him the shittiest of jobs because he's expendable to them.

Clearly Stabler should drop the act and disappear Eddie Wagner. Too many close calls and Eddies real son is onto him. That kid isn't smart and savvy enough to keep a secret. So being Stabler he will insist on going back in and trying to obtain more evidence against the gang. He's going to get outed before this is over.

Also, I appreciated no Liv and the Stabler family nonsense was kept to a minimum. I'd like more episodes like this in the future.

• Love 10
8 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

the scene with Bell, her wife and the Congressman, I’m still not sure where all that’s going but the subplot of Bell’s wife suing the NYPD has added nothing to the show

At least, that part of the storyline (the suing part) is over (they've accepted the settlement). However, we aren't done with the congressman (Bell overheard him apparently giving a payoff to Nova to give to Nova's boss, saying that there's more coming).

BTW, the promo indicated a Nov 4th episode. Does that mean it's not on next week (which would be Oct 28)?

Edited by illdoc
  • Love 2

Great episode, with no Benson!  YAY!  Eddie is in some serious shit and that kid is going to be his unraveling.  That tongue scene was disgusting but realistic as I have no doubt, that would have happened in the real world.

• Love 9
16 minutes ago, illdoc said:

BTW, the promo indicated a Nov 4th episode. Does that mean it's not on next week (which would be Oct 28)?

Based on the TV calendar that I use it is not scheduled for 10/28. Next episode is 11/4.

48 minutes ago, TooMuchRealityTV said:

Another good episode. I have to say I look forward to this show in a way I have not looked forward to SVU in years.

ITA, but only without the queen-bee, St. Olivia.

• Love 3

It was a good epi but yes, Stabler's cover is about to be blown between Eddie's kid and Flutura's suspicions and Reggie's sense of betrayal when he finds out and other things this is about to come off the rails.  Speaking of unstable families, the less we see of Stabler's the better and yes, thank goodness for no Olivia.  I guess they figured there was enough sucking up to her on the 500th SVU epi...

Mr. wanna be Governor shooting his mouth off didn't help either.  Sucks about his wife but you would think any decent politician wouldn't be that dumb about accusing someone without some kind of proof or at least doing homework on these people in advance.

I don't feel all that bad about Reggie.  It's going to suck for him when he finds out about Eddie.  He didn't seem to be all that steady for this whole job.

I'm also waiting for them to wrap up this side line about the congressman but Belle seeing Nova at the office should let Belle know something is up as far as the cases the task force is currently working.  We haven't seen Mykelti in awhile so I'm guessing he'll be back in the last couple of episodes of this arc.

• Love 2

Before the end of the episode, I was just about to say, I am NOT finding it believable this kid isn't aware Stabler is not his father. I haven't seen my father in over thirty years, but his face is etched in my brain (not in a good way, similar to how this kid probably feels going by the picture of him as a kid after his father beat the crap out of him). I would not believe someone who showed up claiming to be him who obviously was not him. And then finally they revealed he DOES know Stabler isn't his father and it salvaged the plot for me! LOL.

I will give it to this show that is has some stakes. You kept thinking the guy's wife would be saved - but she wasn't. That said, I think the undercover angle is nearing an end and it's not a moment too soon because the universe appears to be repeatedly smacking Stabler upside the head with all the reasons this continues to be a very bad idea.

When Eli and Stabler were talking, I remembered a line from back in the day where Stabler told Kathy something like "You are a parent and I am a paycheck." I suppose it's fairly realistic that he is entirely out of his depth being not only a single parent, but the only living parent.

• Love 9
42 minutes ago, Cristofle said:

I will give it to this show that is has some stakes. You kept thinking the guy's wife would be saved - but she wasn't. That said, I think the undercover angle is nearing an end and it's not a moment too soon because the universe appears to be repeatedly smacking Stabler upside the head with all the reasons this continues to be a very bad idea.

This^^  Real UC's live and breathe that identity!  They don't pop into their real homes to check on their kids and Mom.  As much as this show is a breath of fresh air from SVU, when Benson doesn't pop in, it's really beyond any stretch of believability that he's not more concerned about being followed, especially since they already know there's a rat.  All these other guys have been involved for years if not decades.  Of course it's Eddie!

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

I think they overplayed the arrogance of the Gubernatorial candidate. It's one thing to dismiss some anonymous death threat, but no one would wave off a Police Depth. telling you there is a Mob hit put out on you.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, SuzieQ said:

They don't pop into their real homes to check on their kids and Mom. 

Right? I've thought more than once in the last couple episodes "Er, good that you're apparently not concerned you are leading very dangerous people straight to your extremely vulnerable mother and your teenage son."

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, SuzieQ said:

Real UC's live and breathe that identity!  They don't pop into their real homes to check on their kids and Mom. 

This!☝

And also when Eddie Wagner intercepted Garcia and his bodyguard, drove him home, went out of the car and stood there at the shooting scene, someone could have recorded him and posted it on Twitter. Sloppy Eddie or sloppy writing?

I didn’t feel bad for Garcia losing his wife. He should know better on what NOT to say.

Am looking forward to know what will happen between Elliot and Eddie’s son. The twist at the end of this episode was a nice surprise. Maybe this Lewis Chinaski kid can teach Eli on how to be grateful of still having a dad.

Edited by SnazzyDaisy
  • Love 8

The whole thing of Stabler going back and forth between his UC and his real life is just about as believable as no one being able to recognize him as a cop but I've given up on tv/movies doing anything that remotely makes sense.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

This!☝

And also when Eddie Wagner intercepted Garcia and his bodyguard, drove him home, went out of the car and stood there at the shooting scene, someone could have recorded him and posted it on Twitter. Sloppy Eddie or sloppy writing?

I didn’t feel bad for Garcia losing his wife. He should know better on what NOT to say.

Am looking forward to know what will happen between Elliot and Eddie’s son. The twist at the end of this episode was a nice surprise. Maybe this Lewis Chinaski kid can teach Eli on how to be grateful of still having a dad.

When Costa had the TV on at the end I was fully expecting him to wind back a shot of Stabler on the streets getting out of the car or something as they showed everyone filming it. Plot hole for sure.

The UC angle is pretty far fetched from reality. Costa has been suspicious the entire time of him so no thought of possibly being tailed when returning home or to the precinct?

That being said, I love this show and it’s entertaining as hell lol. Enjoying this plot a lot.

• Love 7
16 hours ago, edhopper said:

I think they overplayed the arrogance of the Gubernatorial candidate. It's one thing to dismiss some anonymous death threat, but no one would wave off a Police Depth. telling you there is a Mob hit put out on you.

When he came out to meet the press a few hours later in the perfect blood stained shirt without obvious army of guards I though here is another sociopath good luck to New York if he gets elected

14 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

This!☝

They made the cellphone picture crew so obvious I guess it will show up on a later episode when Kosta or Albi sees evidence of the rat on a screen

• Love 3

I had to rewind and watch the fist bump with Jet cause I was laughing so hard. I wonder if it was a real reaction for her to shake her hand after like that, whether the smack was real or added later as a sound effect lol

12 hours ago, Raja said:

They made the cellphone picture crew so obvious I guess it will show up on a later episode when Kosta or Albi sees evidence of the rat on a screen

Eddie better be praying his rendezvous with Flutura wasn’t recorded as well. 🙄 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 10/22/2021 at 6:03 PM, SnazzyDaisy said:

when Eddie Wagner intercepted Garcia and his bodyguard, drove him home, went out of the car and stood there at the shooting scene, someone could have recorded him and posted it on Twitter. Sloppy Eddie or sloppy writing?

This was EXACTLY my first thought. All those people around and he just walks out in the open? Really dumb move. 

• Love 4

The tongue scene was brutal.  I was surprised it aired on one of the big three networks.  I'm used to all the real-life blood and gore to be on the streaming channels!  The knife in the wall was an extra added bonus of gruesome.  No doubt real as fuck too.

The Albanian mobster is right.  The politician milks the death scene for a photo op and then comes out of his house still wearing the blood-soaked shirt he had on earlier for the sympathy optics.  Too bad Wifey got taken out, but that's what happens when you're married to a bigmouth politician.  RIP!

I wonder where the big name Ellen Burstyn as Stabler's mother reappearing is leading to.  I love seeing her even if it's Stabler family shit.  They are supposed to be taking care of Mom, but it looks like she's taking care of them!

• Love 2
4 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:

I wonder where the big name Ellen Burstyn as Stabler's mother reappearing is leading to.  I love seeing her even if it's Stabler family shit.  They are supposed to be taking care of Mom, but it looks like she's taking care of them!

I wonder, too, even if I also really have no use for the Stabler clan.

Always was interesting how the L&O cops had big names as family members. On Criminal Intent, Bobby's mom was played by Rita Moreno! (And Tony Goldwyn played his brother.) As for Mama Stabler, as much as it is nice to see her, you just know the Cloud of Doom will descend upon her! I just pray it won't be 100% depressing. We already did that dance with Kathy, thanks.

It's pretty much a guaranteed tradition in the franchise, misery and gloom! 😎

• Love 1