Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: Under the Skin

• Start Topic

Grissom and Sara’s investigation into charges against David Hodges heats up as Internal Affairs joins the hunt. Also, pressure rises for the CSIs when a video game developer’s body is found floating in a fountain before a huge gaming tournament

I liked this episode and I’m enjoying the show so far - I like the mix of having a regular case of the week plus the longer arc of whoever’s framing Hodges.

The case of the week was good, I liked the investigation and I liked seeing Grissom help out with his expertise in bugs. I’m liking all of the new CSI’s as well. I like the new coroner a lot and would like to see more of him. 

Not much progress as to who framed Hodges and I wonder what they will do with Internal Affairs moving the investigation. I still wonder about who the Sheriff is now, since Ecklie was the sheriff when the show ended.

• Love 3

Poor Grissom! Mal de debarquement (disembarkation sickness) is awful. I have a good friend who came off a cruise with it and it's still there years later. Major dizziness (without nausea, fortunately) all the time. He may have to start using walking poles to keep his balance.

Enough of that! This was a good episode. Women have a hard time in the gaming industry. Even worse sexual harassment and glass ceilings than most other tech businesses. Maybe not as much as comics and animation, though. Hard to say. I knew the swords had to be either ceramic or 3d printed, probably the latter. Whole twisty thing with the mask. Gotta be careful of those quiet ones! I did think her female partner (who she was jogging with) had led her to the perp in cahoots. Loved them using gait analysis to implicate him!

I can't believe anyone would think Hodges would do such a thing! I know he wasn't a favorite character, but he wouldn't do that. He had ethics and principles, if not personality.

• Love 3

Im kind of wondering if it is MDDS, or something else and he thinks it is. If it really is, plus getting his boat evicted from where it was docked because it has termites....makes me think Grissom is going to have to decide whether or not its time to give up his sea fairing life. 

• Useful 3

Enjoyed the epi and liked that they seem to be (at least this epi) pulling back on some of the "quirk" of the new cast.

They've obviously still got what, seven more episodes to unravel who framed Hodges so I'm okay with the pacing so far.

It was obvious the initial "killer" was a misdirect.  No one would intentionally turn toward a camera to be caught like that.

I watched the old series from beginning to end and have the entire series on DVD boxset.  I'm enjoying this new series but I cant help still wondering what happened to Greg Sanders.  They gave a rundown of all the other major characters, so why not him?  Also, are the two field people the only ones working in the CSI Lab?  The old series had about half a dozen people going out on calls.  I find it hard to believe these two have to cover all of Las Vegas.  Also, is there no longer a day and night shift?  Maybe they're just glossing over all of this because of the limited amount of time for this series (10 episodes).  If they had a full season, they could probably devote more time..  And considering how much bigger this lab looks then on the previous show, where are the lab rats?  You get the impression the field operatives are processing/testing everything themselves.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Linda956 said:

I watched the old series from beginning to end and have the entire series on DVD boxset.  I'm enjoying this new series but I cant help still wondering what happened to Greg Sanders.  They gave a rundown of all the other major characters, so why not him?  Also, are the two field people the only ones working in the CSI Lab?  The old series had about half a dozen people going out on calls.  I find it hard to believe these two have to cover all of Las Vegas.  Also, is there no longer a day and night shift?  Maybe they're just glossing over all of this because of the limited amount of time for this series (10 episodes).  If they had a full season, they could probably devote more time..  And considering how much bigger this lab looks then on the previous show, where are the lab rats?  You get the impression the field operatives are processing/testing everything themselves.

I'm hoping we will find out, we still have 7 episodes to go.

• Love 1

Such a pretty blouse to go dumpster diving in, coveralls would seem more appropriate than waders . I understand it is hot is the desert though. Then back to old CSI tricks comes the foot chase where the scene investigators leave the scene. But then I have noticed that the two LVPD detectives I remember from the series seem to have had their careers advance beyond the point of needing to be able to chase suspects.

So we know the current Undersheriff you would think the media would want the actual Sheriff for that news conference. But I don't see any way a real life  Las Vegas could keep the Hodges investigation in house. You would think the state if not the FBI would have snatched it

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, mertensia said:

Aren't killers ever simple on this show?

Especially in this case any random trash can would have done better to lose the evidence than a grave outside of mom's trailer 

12 minutes ago, mertensia said:

Aren't killers ever simple on this show?

Way back in season 1, they were. LOL. But, they have to keep upping the ante as time goes by, or the show would get stale for the regular viewers.

I watch an embarrassing amount of true crime shows (so much so, that I can recognise the cases when two different shows do it at different times), and from what I can tell, there are some really devious, sophisticated killers out there who have almost gotten away with it. But, yeah, the norm is simple killers, with simple motives who are not half as clever as they think they are.

• Love 1
On 10/21/2021 at 5:52 PM, Linda956 said:

Everything you said. Additionally, I find the two field techs to be charisma-free. If they're pushing for a love story with this pair, I know I'll be fast-forwarding their scenes.

I like Maxine and Dr. Ramirez. I've always loved Grissom. I can take/leave Sarah but she feels like home, so I'm happy to see her. This show needs more employees with interesting backstories, IMO. I loved Catherine and Warrick's unexplored chemistry and Greg's goofy self. Nick could be an ass sometimes, but we all know guys like that. This team needs a burst of personality. Today's writers are so busy trying to not offend anyone that writing for character has really suffered.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, eXiled said:

Everything you said. Additionally, I find the two field techs to be charisma-free. If they're pushing for a love story with this pair, I know I'll be fast-forwarding their scenes.

I find them frequently high-fiving to be a bit much as well.

• Love 1

Is it just me, or does it seem like their is no hierarchy this season either.

I mean when the OG show started, Grissom was supervisor of nights, Catherine was assist. Supervisor, then you had Nick, Sara, and Warrick.

Now we have Max who seems to be the director who is working scenes though her background was as a lab tech not a field tech, and then Folsom and Allie...and occasionally Chris?

• Love 1
18 hours ago, eXiled said:

If they're pushing for a love story with this pair,

Well, Sara did hang a lampshade on it when she observed that one was the "bleeding heart" and the other the "Doubting Thomas", just like her and Grissom.

Speaking of Gil, I was slightly, but pleasantly, surprised when he actually admitted to his mal de débarquement in the same episode as we first saw the symptoms.  It took him all of Season 3 to admit to anyone that he was losing his hearing and that he needed surgery to correct it.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, SVNBob said:

Well, Sara did hang a lampshade on it when she observed that one was the "bleeding heart" and the other the "Doubting Thomas", just like her and Grissom.

Speaking of Gil, I was slightly, but pleasantly, surprised when he actually admitted to his mal de débarquement in the same episode as we first saw the symptoms.  It took him all of Season 3 to admit to anyone that he was losing his hearing and that he needed surgery to correct it.

The only problem is, is that he said he hoped it would go away...which would indicate that it was happening since he got off the boat...so for about 2 weeks.

On 10/21/2021 at 8:12 PM, preeya said:

As soon as I saw the blond guy with the curly hair I knew he was the culprit of the week. He's been a bad guy on many shows that I've seen.

Bingo... I had the same thought immediately.