Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E12: Is There Someone Else?

• Start Topic

As the couples settle into everyday life, some look forward to their future together, while others begin to question everything. And when one bride calls for an expert intervention, things get intense quickly.

Airs Wednesday Oct 6 at 8PM EDT.

As usual, this is a spoiler-free episode. If it hasn't happened yet, please do not discuss.

I know Bao can't help it but she looks and acts like a 12 year old, standing there stirring in that pot.

8 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Why is it Bao’s job to woo Johnny? What’s his job? To stand in the corner and pout?

Well, she said it, not Johnny.

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Bao looks to young to even have a “happy chore”. Gave me the squeeves when she said that. 

Actually she said a happy drawer in her bedroom.  For the love of &@)? Does she forget she’s being filmed.  How is this woman  going to go back to her stuffy workplace?  

Bao has to woo Johnny because he demands flirtation throughout the day to be able to perform.  

Johnny  thinks he’s doing 150%?   He thinks she should baby him every minute of the day? 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 1
  • Love 13

I still think Johnny's pissed that he got matched with Bao, because he knew enough about her and he knew he wasn't interested.  Which is why he shouldn't have gone on this show, leaving it up to the "experts."   That's on him.

• Love 12

Brett should go to her apartment without Ryan, and let him figure things out.  She’s like a little puppy dog waiting for a bone.  Doesn’t look like he will change his mind about her.  It’s just not there for him.

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, absolutelyido said:

I think Johnny was very unhappy when Bao said she was sticking with their marriage. I feel like he wants to make her so miserable that she quits so he can be the good guy and Bao the quitter.

I agree, and I think Bao knows this and is mind fucking him by saying she's sticking with the marriage.

• Useful 5
  • Love 10

Brett should go to her apartment without Ryan, and let him figure things out.  She’s like a little puppy dog waiting for a bone.  Doesn’t look like he will change his mind about her.  It’s just not there for him.

I hate it when they go back to their own homes. They have a second bedroom if they don't want to sleep in the same room but in a "real" marriage, you don't usually have a second home to escape to. I thought it was very hypocritical of Johnny to complain one minute about not having enough time together and then the next minute, he goes back to his own apartment. 

I'm glad the couples enjoyed the American Ninja Warrior workout. Honestly, I would have sucked at that and been winded within the first five minutes. Good for them for not only sticking it out but for having fun with it!

How can you fight for a marriage if the feeling isn’t there?  How do you force a person to like you?  It’s either there by now, or it isn’t.  Michaela and Bao are both scary.

That's kind of the whole point of the show - that they can "grow in love" even if there isn't an initial attraction. I'm not sure I buy that. I think that Ryan and Brett are both perfectly nice people who might even be compatible in a hundred different ways but Brett just isn't physically attracted to her and he isn't going to be. As for Johnny and Bao - I originally thought they were a great couple and I was rooting for them but now I think they are just a poor match. They are both neurotic, and not in compatible ways. They bring out the worst in each other. And I think Johnny has some seriously unresolved issues that he needs to figure out before he can be happy with anyone.

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Love 16

I think Ryan would be very interested in Brett’s friend unfortunately.

He always sounds like he has a stuffy nose. He needs to see an ENT and get those turbinates checked out. 

$1000 for an apartment sounds really cheap to me.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
4 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Brushing teeth next to someone  else brushing their teeth? That ranks pretty high on the Gross Scale for me! 

4 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Brushing teeth next to someone  else brushing their teeth? That ranks pretty high on the Gross Scale for me! 

Me too.  So is peeing in front of him too.  Bathroom time is private time for us.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Wow, Johnny is a little bitch boy. No way is he giving it all he’s got. Those two just need to part ways, the sooner the better before they hate each other, if they’re not there already. 

After they break up and divorce, he'll start wanting her again. He's messed up.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10

Who was Ryan talking to? Was that an old girlfriend or sister? That was an uncomfortable question she asked about if Brett were a VS model could he put up with things that bother him but that’s what it boils down to and she’s spinning her wheels trying to find ways for them to connect.  I don’t have much hope for him or Johnny.

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

Myrla is a ball buster.  She calls all the shots and thinks it’s cute, so does he now.  That will wear off after awhile.  Everything is about her.  How about something for him for a change?

Gil has the dog, lest we forget.

What else has he mentioned, in terms of "something for him," besides a romantic kiss about which better arguments have already been made on PT than I could offer?

He's the one who has reconnoitered the apartments, their costs, parking, etc. And has made known his displeasure about the whole notion. So that domicile choice has yet to play out, but Gil has let Myrla know that "newness" isn't his deciding factor. 

So far, his "cuteness" isn't impressing me enough. 

• Love 6

Are those stretch marks on Zach's shoulders/upper arms?

I don’t have much hope for him or Johnny.

I don't either but I think the difference is that Ryan is a nice guy who just isn't attracted to his wife and isn't going to be. I think Johnny is kind of a dick and he (sometimes) finds his wife physically attractive but he doesn't know what he wants and he can't get out of his own neurotic head long enough to give her a real shot.

Gil has the dog, lest we forget.

I love dogs and I have a soft spot for Hype, but the drool is gross. Bless his doggy heart, he can't help it. But it's icky.

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Love 12
48 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

Johnny needs therapy or has to leave. He can barely look at her.  After an bad argument, she’s still eating.  Who can eat after something like that?  They both are wacko and weird.

Those “bad“ fights aren’t seeming that bad. Not like a fight with Michaela. Who can’t eat after that  if you’re hungry. It’s not the end of the world where you just can’t eat after a bad fight with a long term relationship of 4 to 5 years.  They have been together 33 days!

• Love 5

I just realized that I don't like Gil's voice.  And I'm tired of hearing "bougie" and "princess."  Shut up, Gil. 

Ryan brushing the dog in the kitchen.  That's just nasty.

Edited by Crashcourse
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
Just now, Straycat80 said:

Oh no, I could not live with someone like Brett who is a slob. I’m with Ryan on the cleanliness thing. 

Clean freaks are difficult, but....yes...Brett is pretty bad!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
6 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I just realized that I don't like Gil's voice.  And I'm tired of hearing "bougie" and "princess."  Shut up, Gil. 

Ryan brushing the dog in the kitchen.  That's just nasty.

5 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

Oh no, I could not live with someone like Brett who is a slob. I’m with Ryan on the cleanliness thing. 

These observations don't  jibe!

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

I think it’s funny what Rachel just said.  She’ll be home all summer while he works.  She will flip out and be bored staying in the house.  So, another words, she wants to go traveling while off for the summer.  How will that work out if he’s working?  If that’s the case, she’ll have to go alone or get a divorce.  No?  This is a hard one.  It’s like an ultimatum.

• Love 3