Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E03: Road to Nowhere

thewhiteowl
  • Start Topic

I will probably watch the last 45 minutes sometime this week.  I just found the "insists that Gibbs go with him" to be so tired, and Rocky's proclamation that he couldn't send someone on suspension to do that..............

They've got new people to integrate into the core group, but the same old writers, I guess.  

After the bad guy will live because the round missed a major artery by a fraction of a mm, and then he was up and about .

Give me a large roulette wheel with plot and subplot slots and I'll become a writer.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Runningwild said:

I liked it. Another good episode. This season is making up for last season so far. I don’t want to see this muster continued past next episode though. 

And so you shan’t. 

If Mark Harmon is going to be in fewer episodes this season, why is loner/rogue former agent Gibbs still sucking up all the air time in the first shows.  They've established the new cast members.  Let Gibbs go off and sulk -- does he still have the place in Mexico? - and let the team solve some crimes on their own.  He's a very damaged character and I wish they'd stop treating him like a hero instead of someone who should be required to deal with his issues.

• Applause 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, enoughcats said:

After the bad guy will live because the round missed a major artery by a fraction of a mm, and then he was up and about .

This has come up in other show threads.  This is the same old tired tv trope.  Shoot this one or that one and a few hours later they're up and running due to plot device/storyline.  Heck, it's come up in this one when Gibbs was raring to go after being patched up from the boat explosion.  And yes, Gibbs' aim is soo good...

Maybe Gibbs has X-ray vision? I know what they were going for but after 18 seasons it's no longer working. Either Gibbs has finally gotten his sh** together and can face his past or he's still haunted by it. Show has given us both versions over the years and that's just getting tedious.

I'm still not sure a hitman masking as a serial killer is a great concept - apart from all the extra work involved in cleaning up sooner or later law enforcement will detect your pattern and start to dig. A clever hitman who wants to hide his hits would go for fake accidents.

I wish they would finally give the new folks and the new team dynamics time to breathe. That could be interesting and even entertaining to watch. Kasie and Jimmy had a great scene leading to Jimmy handing McGee the sphygmomanometer (thanks copy-paste) after Kasie's Pentagon bomb. I also liked the Pentagon clerk who was looking for a job with NCIS. And King sabotaging the focus group was fun too, as were McGee and Torres starting to sing the Sonova jingle. There was a nice flow  that came to a screeching halt whenever they cut to the wannabe psychological thriller in the car. 

Random notes: love Kasie's tie-dye shirt and Gibbs is supposedly 66.

• Love 5
On 10/5/2021 at 5:06 PM, buckboard said:

If Mark Harmon is going to be in fewer episodes this season, why is loner/rogue former agent Gibbs still sucking up all the air time in the first shows.  They've established the new cast members.  Let Gibbs go off and sulk -- does he still have the place in Mexico? - and let the team solve some crimes on their own.  He's a very damaged character and I wish they'd stop treating him like a hero instead of someone who should be required to deal with his issues.

Because Mark Harmon is still the lead. I don’t see him “sucking up air time” or even sulking.

These first few episodes were filmed probably a couple months after last season ended.

But potato/pohtato and all that.

Limited appearances I guess could mean not in every scene as in previous seasons. But at least in a few scenes per episode.

But rewatching the early seasons while watching this season, this show has deviated sooooo far from the premise, I have hand waved everything that’s happening. The Cokehead Collin case shouldn’t even be investigated by NCIS. Unless I missed something and all the victims were Navy or Marine?

While JAG didn’t last as long, and the last two seasons drove me bonkers, it was a better written show. And I suspect because Don was running it until the end.

• Love 2
On 10/10/2021 at 5:16 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

While JAG didn’t last as long, and the last two seasons drove me bonkers, it was a better written show. And I suspect because Don was running it until the end.

100% agree with all of this.  Supposedly Don's daughter, Julie B Watson, apologized on a fansite for the dumb stories in the last two seasons. She sort of admitted she and her dad neglected JAG during the first two seasons of NCIS.

Edited by Magnumfangirl
  • Love 2