Type keyword(s) to search

Ghostly Media Talk

DanaK
  • Start Topic

26 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

This seems like one of those articles that was written by AI. It's repetitive and factually incorrect. 

Hah! Just reading the title! 
At least we can still tell when it's wrong.

• Like 1

I saw on Facebook that filming for season four will start on the 22nd. Does anyone know when Rose had her baby? I think filming for the first two seasons began in June so I'm guessing they are waiting for her to finish maternity leave.

• Useful 1

Ghosts Panel in Ballroom 20

Fans of the hit supernatural comedy Ghosts won’t want to miss the exclusive panel in Ballroom 20 on Saturday, July 27, from 10:00-10:45 AM PT. The panel will feature series stars Utkarsh Ambudkar, Richie Moriarty, Román Zaragoza, and Rebecca Wisocky, along with executive producers Joe Port and Joe Wiseman. Moderated by Perri Nemiroff, senior producer at Collider, the discussion will delve into the Season 3 cliffhanger and offer tantalizing hints about what’s to come in Season 4. Expect a lively and spirited conversation that captures the essence of the show. 

• Like 3
On 7/11/2024 at 5:45 PM, kathyk2 said:

I saw on Facebook that filming for season four will start on the 22nd. Does anyone know when Rose had her baby? I think filming for the first two seasons began in June so I'm guessing they are waiting for her to finish maternity leave.

She's been coy and media-silent on this issue. There's been no official due date announcement, and she hasn't posted any pics in a while, so it's hard to say if she had it, or how far along she might be.

On 7/11/2024 at 10:23 PM, Neptune said:

Ghosts Panel in Ballroom 20

Fans of the hit supernatural comedy Ghosts won’t want to miss the exclusive panel in Ballroom 20 on Saturday, July 27, from 10:00-10:45 AM PT. 

Perhaps some info will be given at this event.

• Like 1

Am I the only one who has pizza to celebrate the premiere of Ghosts? I also saw on Twitter that France will be able to watch the American version of Ghosts soon.

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, kathyk2 said:

Am I the only one who has pizza to celebrate the premiere of Ghosts?

Nope, I like to do that, too :). 

Nice to have a premiere date - a little later than usual, but I saw something where the showrunners confirmed they'd have 20 plus episodes this season, so at least it seems we'll have a nice full season ahead of us. Looking forward to October 17th, then!

5 hours ago, Annber03 said:

Nope, I like to do that, too :). 

Nice to have a premiere date - a little later than usual, but I saw something where the showrunners confirmed they'd have 20 plus episodes this season, so at least it seems we'll have a nice full season ahead of us. Looking forward to October 17th, then!

I've read that this season will have 22 episodes.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, astrohip said:

She's been coy and media-silent on this issue. There's been no official due date announcement, and she hasn't posted any pics in a while, so it's hard to say if she had it, or how far along she might be.

Perhaps some info will be given at this event.

Rose definitely had a baby bump while she was filming the last season of Ghosts so she's had the baby. I'd love to know how the show is accommodating the new parents.

I feel like some of these characters better fit the definition of "recurring" than "guest" - Nigel, Nancy, even Elias to some degree, given he's played a signficiant role in the couple appearances he's made thus far. 

But still a fun list all the same. So many great actors popping in. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Annber03 said:

I feel like some of these characters better fit the definition of "recurring" than "guest" - Nigel, Nancy, even Elias to some degree, given he's played a signficiant role in the couple appearances he's made thus far. 

But still a fun list all the same. So many great actors popping in. 

I agree with you. The Farnsbys were left out as well as Alberta's niece Ashley I wouldn't mind seeing them come back. I would have ranked Trevor's mother ahead of his brother.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Annber03 said:

I feel like some of these characters better fit the definition of "recurring" than "guest"

Not even some, the majority.  And it's no coincidence those at the top of the list appeared most frequently.

That anyone would with a straight face name Nigel's actor as the number one guest star, when he's been in 20 episodes and his character was engaged to one of the leads, and put in second Nancy's actor, with 17 appearances, is pathetic, even for entertainment journalism.  What a ridiculous article.

• Like 1
On 7/13/2024 at 10:08 PM, kathyk2 said:

Rose definitely had a baby bump while she was filming the last season of Ghosts so she's had the baby. I'd love to know how the show is accommodating the new parents.

Sheila posted on Instagram that they were incredibly supportive to her -- they recreated Flower's top so she could snap it off to breastfeed, they had folks running the milk back and forth, there are other details I forgot. She posted about it on Insta a while back. 

• Like 5

Media related in the sense that it should have been in the media!  Why was Ghosts overlooked for an Emmy nom?  It's the funniest sitcom of TV right now.  Honestly I am disgusted.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
28 minutes ago, Dimity said:

Media related in the sense that it should have been in the media!  Why was Ghosts overlooked for an Emmy nom?  It's the funniest sitcom of TV right now.  Honestly I am disgusted.

Shows on the broadcast networks are overshadowed by cable and streaming ☹️

• Sad 2
48 minutes ago, chitowngirl said:

That is certainly true.  Going through the list of nominees, I would average approximately 65% are cable/streaming.  

Do these nominations include the most recent seasons?  If so, how could they possibly overlook Rebecca Wisocky's performance (to name only one of this ensemble's very deserving work) in "Holes Are Bad"??  

• Like 3
2 hours ago, chitowngirl said:

Ghosts especially Rebecca Wisocki was robbed again. The only network comedy that gets any love is Abbott Elementary. I watch both shows and Ghosts was better this year.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
6 hours ago, wembley said:

Sheila posted on Instagram that they were incredibly supportive to her -- they recreated Flower's top so she could snap it off to breastfeed, they had folks running the milk back and forth, there are other details I forgot. She posted about it on Insta a while back. 

I'd heard about how helpful and accommodating everyone on set was when she returned, but I hadn't heard those details.. Awwwwww. That's really cool. I'm so glad she got the time she needed with her baby and her return to work went so well. 

4 hours ago, chitowngirl said:

I also wonder if it runs into the same issues that al lot of genre shows, notably supernatural and sci-fi themed ones, have when it comes to being nominated. 

But yeah, not surprised by the lack of nominations, unfortunately, but still disappointed. This cast is so good and the show as a whole is so good and it's been doing so well for CBS and whatnot, it'd be nice to see their hard work getting recognized. Eh. Maybe someday..

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Bastet said:
On 7/16/2024 at 10:21 PM, Annber03 said:

I feel like some of these characters better fit the definition of "recurring" than "guest"

Not even some, the majority.  And it's no coincidence those at the top of the list appeared most frequently.

That anyone would with a straight face name Nigel's actor as the number one guest star, when he's been in 20 episodes and his character was engaged to one of the leads, and put in second Nancy's actor, with 17 appearances, is pathetic, even for entertainment journalism.  What a ridiculous article.

I guess they decided not to distinguish between "recurring" and "guest" and grouped them all together instead, but I agree it's shoddy journalism (as well as misleading) not to make that distinction.  Honestly, though, sometimes when I read the misinformation in these articles I wonder if the writers have ever bothered to watch the show.

• Like 1

Rose had a baby girl named Chloe. I belong to Ghosts fan group on Facebook. Someone posted a picture of a sign on Rose's dressing room door the sign said don't knock because Chloe might be napping.

• Thanks 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, kathyk2 said:

Someone posted a picture of a sign on Rose's dressing room door the sign said don't knock because Chloe might be napping.

I hope whoever did that had her permission; she has been, so far as I can tell, incredibly quiet about the pregnancy and resulting baby -- she was visibly pregnant at the Golden Globe Awards and then on the show, it was known, but she hasn't shared any information that I've ever come across.  There's nothing wrong with those, like her co-star, who choose to share pictures and other updates, but since she apparently chose to keep this part of her life private thus far, I hope someone with access didn't share something she wasn't ready to make public.

• Useful 1
1 minute ago, Bastet said:

I hope whoever did that had her permission; she has been, so far as I can tell, incredibly quiet about the pregnancy and resulting baby -- she was visibly pregnant at the Golden Globe Awards and then on the show, it was known, but she hasn't shared any information that I've ever come across.  There's nothing wrong with those, like her co-star, who choose to share pictures and other updates, but since she apparently chose to keep this part of her life private thus far, I hope someone with access didn't share something she wasn't ready to make public.

Someone may have made the sign since filming for the new season starts on Monday. I wonder if Devan and Shelia have similar signs. Devan named his son Beowulf. I'm not a fan of giving unusual names to babies. 

• Useful 1

Congrats to Rose! Chloe is a lovely name. 

I was watching CBS earlier and during one of the commercial breaks, they had this neat litlte segment called "Ghosts Fan Favorites" that featured the cast all sitting together and highlighting a memorable moment from the show thus far -this segment featured the scene from "Pete's Wife" where Pete learns he's a grandpa. It was really cute, too, ithe cast was watching the scene and recalling making the episode and talking about how emotional it was and how popular an episode it is and everything. And Brandon Scott Jones was talking about how Richie Moriarty wanted to say "gramp gramp" at one point XD. 

I don't know if they'll show that segment again or if it'll pop up online somewhere soon or what, but I'll keep an eye out so I can link it for those who didn't see it if it does show up. And if htis means we'll see more segments of them talking about memorable/favorite moments from the show, I look forward to seeing what else they include. 

• Like 2
On 7/17/2024 at 3:43 PM, kathyk2 said:

Ghosts especially Rebecca Wisocki was robbed again. The only network comedy that gets any love is Abbott Elementary. I watch both shows and Ghosts was better this year.

Abbott Elementary is a perfectly nice show but it isn't anywhere near as funny as Ghosts. What's more, The Bear will undoubtably sweep the "comedy" category again this year, which just shows how absurdly flawed the whole system is. The Bear might be a great show (although I personally don't care for it) but it is, by no stretch of the imagination, a comedy. Apparently all half-hour shows must fall into the comedy category regardless of whether they are comedies or not.

The Emmys really needs to do something about that.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
4 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Abbott Elementary is a perfectly nice show but it isn't anywhere near as funny as Ghosts. What's more, The Bear will undoubtably sweep the "comedy" category again this year, which just shows how absurdly flawed the whole system is. The Bear might be a great show (although I personally don't care for it) but it is, by no stretch of the imagination, a comedy. Apparently all half-hour shows must fall into the comedy category regardless of whether they are comedies or not.

The Emmys really needs to do something about that.

I think the shows on streaming platforms need to have their own awards. There have been episodes of Abbott Elementary where I haven't laughed once Ghosts always makes me laugh.

• Like 5

I'm really looking forward to getting to meet and learn more about Sam and Jay's families :D. And I'm very curious to see how Jay's whole thing with the ghosts will play out, too. I love how excited Utkarsh is about that, hee. 

• Like 1

Patience, a Puritan ghost who was kicked out of her Puritan town for being "a bit too much" Wow!  Dean Norris as Sam's dad I love. It will be so good to see him again after Breaking Bad. 

I don't think the story about Patience & Isaac will be more than an arc, or a one-off. At least I hope not. Then she can be a recurring character if she adds comedy. 

• Useful 2
5 hours ago, TVMovieBuff said:

I don't think the story about Patience & Isaac will be more than an arc, or a one-off. At least I hope not. Then she can be a recurring character if she adds comedy. 

From what I'm reading, it sounds like that's exactly how it'll play out. The idea of Isaac being stuck on the property with a ghost who held him captive for a time would definitely make for some interesting and entertaining moments :p. 

While Hetty still has outlandishly ass-backward ideas on some things, she has mellowed on others due to Alberta, Flower, and now Sam and the exposure to the outside world Sam has brought her.  Patience will be a way for them to revisit some conflicts they can no longer do with Hetty.  And to have great reactions from Rebecca Wisocky when Hetty has to say even she can't go with Patience on this one.

• Like 4

Fun video with the cast talking about messing up lines on set and other silly and etertaining topics :D:

They're complete goofballs, all of them <3. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, Annber03 said:

Fun video with the cast talking about messing up lines on set and other silly and etertaining topics :D:

1 hour ago, Annber03 said:

That was hilarious. They all look so young IRL especially Ritchie.

• Like 2

Yeah, the fact that so many of them are playing characters who were supposed to have lived decades or centuries ago definitely adds to making them seem older than they actually are. With the exception of Rebecca Wisocky and Roman Zaragoza, everyone else in the cast was born at various points in the 1980s :p. Jones and the actor who plays Nigel were born the same year as me!