CBS Bio

image.jpeg.cf6efb1284fd5b26b42e33630674e50b.jpeg

Name: Ricard Foyé 
Hometown: Lynnwood, WA 
Current Residence: Sedro-Woolley, WA 

Hobbies: Violin, running, winterguard 

3 Words to Describe You: Hopeful, positive, funny

Pet Peeves: Being asked a question and the answer being ignored

What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? I've always been willing to make a
change, pickup and go. It makes me feel brave to know I've changed my career when unhappy.
I've purchased a one- way plane ticket not knowing what to expect, just to audition to dance
around the country and succeeded. I've moved alone to new states on a whim. I only have this
one life, I don't want to waste it doing what's easy.

What is something we would never know from looking at you?  I am deaf in one ear. I focus
heavily on reading lips and am fluent in ASL.

Who is your hero and why? My husband, Andy.  He has navigated through life after many
setbacks, struggles and the tragic loss of a parent in a car accident. Andy focused on putting his
physical comfort behind his and my desire for our family to grow and carried our children as a
transgender man. I cannot think of a better human. 
Which past Survivor will you play the game most like?  Aubry Bracco, but win. :) 

Why do you believe you can win Survivor? The ability to show kindness, but also not take
certain attacks and situations seriously feels like most players' downfall.  They succumb to the
emotions and get voted out.  I have awareness of my being while also being very observant of
others and loyal, but not to a fault. 

3 hours ago, cherrypj said:

I'm instantly rooting for him and hope his villain portrayal is short-lived.

He's starting to grow on me. He did seem like a villain in the first episode, but now that we're getting to know everyone else and how either untrustworthy or bad at the game they are, he is coming across more like a rational player. He may or not like a person, but he's not letting that govern his voting decisions.

• Love 3
On 10/11/2021 at 11:25 AM, cherrypj said:

He's hard of hearing. I would not have known had I not read this bio.

Like Stephen Colbert, he's specifically deaf in his right ear only.  Which is why he's always been in the furthest seat from Peachy at TC; he can hear everyone else talking that way, since they're all on his left side.  And he credits TPTB for keeping that in mind when coming up with the nightly seating arrangements.

Edited by SVNBob
  • Love 6

Ricard is so impressive in the challenges, strong and athletic when he needs to be, and just amazing at the puzzles.  When he stepped up and solved the "merge feast" puzzle, after fasting for days, you could see everyone on his team was super grateful.  I can't think if lunch is late.

He's also been very patient with Shan while seeing right through her shenanigans. 

Yes, he can be snide and smug, but I'm liking him more all the time.  It doesn't hurt that he's astonishingly beautiful.

• Love 5

Between him and Shan, I begrudgingly have to admit I'm rooting for him.  I noticed a look he gave her last night when she told him that Genie thought she was on her side, and that's why she was so surprised she got voted off.  I think he has Shan's number, and he's not wrong that she's paranoid (not to mention chaotic).  I'm curious how these two will play together now that the merge has happened (or whatever that was last night).

All that said, I still don't like him and think he's been a crappy person, but I will say he's maybe playing a better game than I gave him credit for.  I also liked how he sarcastically said to Shan last night, when fighting about advantages, something along the lines of "thank you for giving me permission to keep the next one."

• Love 2