Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E05: The Murder of Lucifer Morningstar

paulvdb

Maybe it's just me, but I'm still thinking there's something hinky about Rory.

16 hours ago, GaT said:

And once again I ask, why are Rory's wings red?

Maybe because she was born of a human?  I dunno, just guessing. 🙂

• Love 1

Actually didn't predict that twist of Ella.  So, she seems to suspect that some celestial stuff is going down and is even wondering if Lucifer is the Devil himself, finally (along with Amenadiel being an angel)?  I wonder how long she's been really taking this serious and I'm curious to see how this plays out (especially if she finds out that almost everyone already knows.)

According to Rory/the daughter, Lucifer will abandon her and Chloe in the future and now Lucifer is worried he might end up being just like dear old dad.  Suspect there is a lot more going on here and I wouldn't even be surprised if not all is what it seems when it comes to Rory.  We already know for sure that she is a hell of a liar.

Glad Chloe and Dan were able to have a final (?) conversation.  Lauren German and Kevin Alejandro did great jobs.

Hope we actually get to see Maze and Eve's wedding!

• Love 3
12 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Actually didn't predict that twist of Ella.  So, she seems to suspect that some celestial stuff is going down and is even wondering if Lucifer is the Devil himself, finally (along with Amenadiel being an angel)?  

Seems like this came out of nowhere.  We didn't even get a "Hmm" look from Ella at any point, that I can remember.

• Love 4

I guess this is one reason that Ella thinks there is no more "big guy". She realized that Lucifer has been telling the truth this entire time, when people were laughing him off, and he's supposed to take over the family business.

I don’t think it matters why Rory’s wings are red/magenta.  It’s not that big a deal in the scheme of things.  All angels have different colored wings from their siblings.

chloe handled the opening scene between her & Rory, much better than I suspected.  And Thank Lucifer (or Chuck) she finally got rid of that damn necklace.  That was a storyline that dragged on two, too many episodes.  I wonder if we’re going to see what the big thing Rory was going through that she needed her father.

But the scene between her & Dan was beautiful.  I’m glad they got a happier goodbye; it’s too bad Trixie couldn’t see her dad a final time.  Do you think that Dan fading out means he finally got into Heaven?

If Lucifer is right that he was murdered (doubt it), then Ella is my guess as the murderer.  She’s got that murder board going, and with her extreme faith, maybe she sees Lucifer as the devil in the Bible.  And Linda Martin a convicted felon?  Doubt it.  Rory had to be lying.

Edited by roamyn

I guess it makes sense that Ella would start piecing things together, although I would have liked to see her put more of the pieces together between "frog rain" to "a bunch of my friends are actually celestial beings" but I am definitely enjoying her heavenly murder board and that she is figuring things out. And I guess when weird things are happening and one of your friends consistently tells everyone that they're the devil...

What every show really needs is a bratty teenage daughter in the very last season, am I right? I am not a huge fan of Rory so far, she mostly just seems whiny and generic in a "bratty teen with daddy issues" kind of way, but we'll see where they go with her. It also might be because we all know that Lucifer would have a good reason to leave Chloe and their daughter, if that is even what really happened, so her anger with him over something that hasn't even happened yet is inevitably going to end up being misplaced, and for as much as she complains about being abandoned and everyone is saying how lonely and hurt she is, it seems like she had a great relationship with her mom and extended family, so its not like she was all alone living on the streets or anything. It certainly sucks that her dad left her, but is that enough to be so mad she wants to go back in time to before she was born to murder him? 

Chloe finally getting to see Dan again was absolutely the highlight of the episode. Lauren and Kevin absolutely nailed it and I like that they tied in Chloe not wanting to give up her powers to being unable to save Dan and her grief and guilt over his passing. Hopefully he can at least talk to her one time more, but if not its good that they can end on that happier memory and not his death.

• Love 5

On the Ella murder board: if you thought Lucifer and Amenadiel were devil/angel, whatever, would you really think that just locking up your murder board would be enough? Maybe don’t have a murder board around them at all? It didn’t even seem to have that much string or evidence on it. But maybe it wouldn’t if it’s all faith-based. Again, then why even need a murder board at all, other than for viewers.  Answered my own question. I’ll see myself out. 

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, Frisson said:

On the Ella murder board: if you thought Lucifer and Amenadiel were devil/angel, whatever, would you really think that just locking up your murder board would be enough? Maybe don’t have a murder board around them at all? It didn’t even seem to have that much string or evidence on it. But maybe it wouldn’t if it’s all faith-based. Again, then why even need a murder board at all, other than for viewers.  Answered my own question. I’ll see myself out. 

It was also right in the middle of the police station.  No one got curious why the board was locked?  They're cops, fer cryin' out loud!

• LOL 1
On 9/12/2021 at 10:57 PM, thuganomics85 said:

Actually didn't predict that twist of Ella.

For what I thought was going to be a flat episode, this was a highlight. We need more of this. She's going to flip when she finds out. I hope this isn't getting her down the road of paranoia. 

On 9/12/2021 at 10:57 PM, thuganomics85 said:

We already know for sure that she is a hell of a liar.

Very good work there. 

This clearly pings though. Lucifer never lies, and I can't imagine that Chloe would have brought up such a sullen piece of work. 

On 9/20/2021 at 12:29 PM, tennisgurl said:

I guess it makes sense that Ella would start piecing things together, although I would have liked to see her put more of the pieces together between "frog rain" to "a bunch of my friends are actually celestial beings" but I am definitely enjoying her heavenly murder board and that she is figuring things out.

I think the frogs, and her 'feeling' kind of lead her down that road. They point out on the board that she had 'actual devil', so I can buy it as an opening, but they need to develop this thread more. I'm going to roll my eyes if she does just what Dan did. I don't think we need to retread that. 

I assumed Dan disappeared because Lucifer took the blade to heaven. 

On 9/20/2021 at 12:29 PM, tennisgurl said:

It certainly sucks that her dad left her, but is that enough to be so mad she wants to go back in time to before she was born to murder him? 

I'm kind of there too. Everyone was Auntie and Uncle and hugs and making drinks. The only thing she said was that she had a 'big thing' and Lucifer didn't show up. I'm not detracting from the bigness of the thing, but as you point out, she had a good relationship with Chloe. 

I'm not as eyeroll on daughter from the future because I liked how they just rolled with the self-actualization, and she didn't say anything about Lucifer being god, and it's kind of bs that Lucifer wouldn't have said, 'do you know me as god?'

I don't know if it's too subtle here or if I'm looking for something that isn't there, but I've been saying that Lucifer needs to become more enlightened to actually run the show, as it were. Him going to Maze for advice was a dose of humility. It would be interesting if god-Lucifer sent his only daughter back to in-training-Lucifer as a test.