Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 3: I Gave Up Everything To Be Here

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, judylo said:

Well, I’ve lived in NYC for47 years and would love to move to France, but there is nothing like NYC, especially if you’re young (or rich). And not everywhere in Europe is great.

I have always wanted to live in the City, but the reality might be different. I liked CT a lot, but it was soooo expensive, and the City is double that. 

Just now, Doublemint said:

Does Mary's Brother work in the rice field too?   Why doesn't he help Grandpa?

He sped out of that viper's nest as fast as his little legs would carry him.

• LOL 2
2 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

What about in Turkey?

In all seriousness, I have a French friend who has an apartment in Paris and one in Nice. He bought a place in Turkey because he loved it there. But after a few years, the repressive regime was too much for him. He’s back in Paris. (Gay, Jewish and originally Algerian, if it matters. A novelist, so he got at least one novel out of it.)

• Useful 3

Since we're snoozing along here, I got my coveted, long awaited Street Strider yesterday! It's the coolest toy ever although my short, chunky ass only lasts about 3 minutes at a time. Still, I did not fall off of it or crash once.  I'm so stoked! 

2 minutes ago, judylo said:

In all seriousness, I have a French friend who has an apartment in Paris and one in Nice. He bought a place in Turkey because he loved it there. But after a few years, the repressive regime was too much for him. He’s back in Paris. (Gay, Jewish and originally Algerian, if it matters. A novelist, so he got at least one novel out of it.)

His life sounds like a novel! I was clearly born in the wrong tax bracket.

Edited by Suzywriter
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Just now, Suzywriter said:

Since we're snoozing along here, I got my coveted, long awaited Street Strider yesterday! It's the coolest toy every although my short, chunky ass only lasts about 3 minutes at a time. Still, I did not fall off of it or crash once.  I'm so stoked! 

Use it well.

Just now, greekmom said:

at least they accept her.

Not like the last how many examples we've had from India.

I think they accept her because they expect her to fall in line after the wedding. She will be under the thumb of his family the entire marriage 

• Like 2
Just now, sainte-chapelle said:

I think they accept her because they expect her to fall in line after the wedding. She will be under the thumb of his family the entire marriage 

she should have known what was in store for her.

There's fucking google.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
Just now, Auntie Anxiety said:

Kimberly, hope you enjoy waking up at 4AM to get the tea and breakfast prepared.

if they have some money shouldn't they have some maid to do that?

asking for a friend.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
7 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Mary is as virginal as Annie was when David met her.

I love how Annie never bothered to play the shrinking violet. She seems to take delight in her sex tourist husband and being his permanent souvenir. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

Since we're snoozing along here, I got my coveted, long awaited Street Strider yesterday! It's the coolest toy ever although my short, chunky ass only lasts about 3 minutes at a time. Still, I did not fall off of it or crash once.  I'm so stoked! 

His life sounds like a novel! I was clearly born in the wrong tax bracket.

I don’t think he’s rich. The place in Turkey was really cheap. I’ve seen his place in Paris, it’s in a coveted part of town but a walkup and he’s my age, late 6os, so the stairs are going to be a problem in the future. I’m not sure if he still has the place in Nice, but he has rented out his Paris place when he is out of the country for a while.

Just now, judylo said:

I don’t think he’s rich. The place in Turkey was really cheap. I’ve seen his place in Paris, it’s in a coveted part of town but a walkup and he’s my age, late 6os, so the stairs are going to be a problem in the future. I’m not sure if he still has the place in Nice, but he has rented out his Paris place when he is out of the country for a while.

Maybe not rich, but 3 addresses is 3 addresses. It still sounds really delightful. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Suzywriter said:

I love how Annie never bothered to play the shrinking violet. She seems to take delight in her sex tourist husband and being his permanent souvenir. 

I think that was all for tee eve. David and Annie knew who each other were and it works for them

1 minute ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Armando…that was holding back?!?! Jesus you need to talk with your family and sort this out.

All that entire extended circle does is drink, cry and manipulate. Armando should have married Tim and Veronica. 

Edited by Suzywriter
  • Like 2
Just now, greekmom said:

shocked he's not air b&b'ing the other two when not in use.

The one in Turkey is no more and he does at least sometimes rent out the Paris one, probably the Nice one too if he still has it. He travels a lot, recently to Eastern Europe but also to India a lot. Both low-budget.

3 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Property is Paris is expensive as fuck.

Yes, too expensive pour moi. But he’s been there for ages. I have two other friends in Paris with modest incomes/pensions but longtime residences. One is in a kind of subsidized estate, but nice … buildings surrounding a park in the 19th arrondissement.

• Like 1