Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 3: I Gave Up Everything To Be Here

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Yea Mary is now playing the innocent virgin with strict grandparents while she turns her phone off while running around with male “friends “

And the even stricter ancestors!!! 

• Like 2

I need to school these people in the art of small talk (which is ironic, since I hardly talk to anyone in a given week), as in, “tell me about what you’ve cooked here,” “what was Julio like when he was a little boy,”……..

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
10 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Looks like Kimberly did a lot of shopping at the airport during her layover.

A back massager is the most random gift ever! 

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
Just now, Auntie Anxiety said:

I need to school these people in the art of small talk (which is ironic, since I hardly talk to anyone in a given week), as in, “tell me about what you’ve cooked here,” “what was Julio like when he was a little boy,”……..

"What is the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?"

• LOL 6

Does no one know how to be even minimally polite? Its continually shocking to me. And really, ladling guilt onto poor Kirsten before she's even had a bite of food? Sweet tap dancing Jesus. These people are rude. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
Just now, sainte-chapelle said:

This is awkward….he should have told her privately 

Maybe he was counting on the film crew's presence preventing an ugly scene.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
9 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I must admit that when i watch some of these situations, I feel rather spoiled.  I have been called a spoiled brat a couple times before. Lol. The brat part isn’t true. 

You are nowhere near a spoiled brat, unlike the idiots on this show!! 

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 2
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Does no one know how to be even minimally polite? Its continually shocking to me. And really, ladling guilt onto poor Kirsten before she's even had a bite of food? Sweet tap dancing Jesus. These people are rude. 

This is the expected behavior of younger people today.  No home training.

• Like 3

Oh God, it's the feet commercial again. I looked up and shrieked. 

5 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Julio is an adult. Wish him luck and say goodbye.

I suspect that his close close close relationship with his mother involves living rent free, grocery bill free, maybe phone bill free. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
Just now, Doublemint said:

It was Julio's mother who was the worst behaved. She has grown kids, she's no young whippersnapper. And really, Dominicans are the most polite, hospitable people. Just the other day houseguest broker her driver's side mirror (hit a pillar in a parking lot), and the Dominican kids playing basketball across the street all stopped playing and checked that she was OK.  

• Like 5
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Doublemint said:

We can't really blame them if they never were taught. 

Brandan’s glasses are fogged up.

He's probably hard as a rock. I can't wait to see how he walks when he gets out of the car. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
1 minute ago, Doublemint said:

I'm not blaming them - it's poor parenting.

I didn't mean to imply that you were.

I work with families, and let me tell you many times there are 4 generations of people in one house who have no raising whatsoever. 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Suzywriter said:

I didn't mean to imply that you were.

I work with families, and let me tell you many times there are 4 generations of people in one house who have no raising whatsoever. 

I know - the children and grandchildren were in my classroom.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1
Just now, sainte-chapelle said:

Ok fangs.…a skimpy dress is not a rape invitation ..what an asshole

JWs are somewhat taught that it is--that's why the real ones don't wear anything revealing.  A woman who has been raped is 'counseled' about what she may have done to bring this upon herself. She may be shunned if she didn't try hard enough to prevent it, and the event considered an act of 'fornication' (major sin) instead of an assault. 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 5
  • Fire 1
  • Useful 1
Just now, Zombness said:

I am surprised Julio brought up that he was leaving during dinner.  Usually those type of conversations are left for after and not at the table.

The cameras were already all set up and Sharp thought it would be economic to kill two birds with one stone.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
2 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

JWs are somewhat taught that it is--that's why the real ones don't wear anything revealing.  A woman who has been raped is 'counseled' about what she may have done to bring this upon herself. She may be shunned if she didn't try hard enough to prevent it, and the event considered an act of 'fornication' (major sin) instead of an assault. 

You are correct, I saw a documentary about JWs and from what I saw it is very suppressive towards women and their rights. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 2