Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E14: Quarterfinals Results 3

• Start Topic

I wish they'd get rid of the moron who designs the backdrops.  Either you can't see the acts because of the very distractingly "psychedelic" swirling colors and lights........or as with the unicycle act, the riders wore red, up against a red background.  It's especially bad with dance groups. Doh!  Idiots.

• Love 8
On 8/24/2021 at 8:14 PM, Skycatcher said:

It's especially bad with dance groups.

I don't know if it was the lighting/background or just the lighter color but I was thinking the big dance crew should have picked a different color than yellow for their gloves. Could barely see them.

Jesus, Sofia, stop whining and just pick one. You too, Heidi.

I gotta say...I couldn't tell you anyone who went through except Michael Winslow (why..? I mean, I loved him in Police Academy and Spaceballs but really?). I swear I had the show on.

Edited by ams1001
  • Love 4

I was a little surprised at the people who were in the middle group.  I'm happy for Micheal Winslow and Unicycle Flow, but I hope they find a spot somehow for Storm.

I wonder how the dynamics are going to work out.  Are they going to do 10 and 11 acts, or have a wild card or something?

2 hours ago, Frisky Wig said:

Liked Lindsay Sterling. Hated the filler ‘Darcy Lynne learns to drive omg lol so funny’ crap. 

I always remember Sterling's audition on AGT a few years back.  I believe it was Simon who didn't like her and said something like playing the violin and dancing at the same time isn't what people want.  Of course there has been 2 violin/dancing players since then, and of course the judges acted like no one has ever done this before.  

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, rr2911 said:

I always remember Sterling's audition on AGT a few years back.  I believe it was Simon who didn't like her and said something like playing the violin and dancing at the same time isn't what people want.  Of course there has been 2 violin/dancing players since then, and of course the judges acted like no one has ever done this before.  

That’s too bad. Poor Lindsay. 

Anyone notice how, in the last 5 min or so of the show, Simon, Terry, Howie and everyone else kept saying UniCIRCLE Flow instead of UniCYCLE Flow? 

Edited by Frisky Wig
Corrected spelling of Lindsay’s name
On 8/24/2021 at 8:14 PM, Skycatcher said:

I wish they'd get rid of the moron who designs the backdrops. 

I know!  Send him to Vegas with this year's winner.  Folks there are too tipsy to notice!  They'll love the psychedelics.

• LOL 1
6 hours ago, Frisky Wig said:

That’s too bad. Poor Lindsay. 

Eh, I'd say she's done okay for herself. I actually saw her in concert once; I probably wouldn't pay to see her but my friend's husband got sick and she didn't want to waste the ticket, so I met up with her last minute. It was packed. I had to elbow some frat guy in the ribs to get him to stop stepping into the space I was standing in. (It was a standing-only venue; the only seating was a handful of tables around the perimeter of the main floor). Eventually he ended up in front of me and I literally could not see the stage. I actually turned around for a bit and got a better view of what was happening on the screen of some guy who was recording on his phone behind me. But I kind of laugh when she performs on AGT (which she has at least one other time, I think) because I distinctly remember them not liking her when she auditioned. It's like, oh, now you want her?

6 hours ago, Frisky Wig said:

Anyone notice how, in the last 5 min or so of the show, Simon, Terry, Howie and everyone else kept saying UniCIRCLE Flow instead of UniCYCLE Flow? 

It is UniCircle. (Which I didn't know until just now.)

https://www.facebook.com/UniCircleFlow/

10 hours ago, rr2911 said:

It was actually Piers Morgan who disliked Lindsey and said that.  In fact, at one of her shows, where she had a cemetery-themed set for a song, with fake gravestones, his name was inscribed on one of the stones. 

• LOL 2

What happened to the act with the young girl and the two dogs?

I'm not sure specifically, but some acts may have been held up due to COVID restrictions/travel issues, some drop out because they get sure-thing offers from specific venues, and some drop for other reasons.  I hope it's the act's choice and not a case of letting us "vote" on a dud act to make the other acts look better by comparison.   (And some acts have a better first audition than a second round; I don't blame the producers there.)

• Love 1

Curtis Family really killed themselves with the song selection. Next time, pick one with more than one sentence. But I could totally see say, Nickelodeon, making a Partridge Family-style series with them. Micheal Winslow obviously still has a lot of goodwill and fondness on the part of voters. I think he's primarily on the show to remind the industry he exists and to get work so he'll be fine getting eliminated in the semis. Background graphics for UniCircle were hilariously over the top, but they really are doing paso doble on unicycles so it fits. Sorry Storm.

Watched the whole thing in 12 minutes and that was just because I played Shin Lim's performance.

• LOL 1

I could not figure out the point to Shin Lim's tricks, except for the bow through the card, with the instant switch to a complete card.  What was the significance of the card he placed on LS' violin?  The tossing of the cards he seemingly grabbed out of thin air was pointless, except for the fact he made them appear from nothing.  Sure, he is a master at doing that, but what was with all the choreography?  Was it supposed to be some cosmic connection with LS?  

I really liked the Curtis Family, but I can't blame Ameriker for rejecting them.  I guess the choice of TSOP doomed them from becoming TSOAGT.

Darci again was dull.  This one is on production.  Sofia was awful in closing out the segment.  Where's Piff?

• Love 1
11 hours ago, marketdoctor said:

I'm not sure specifically, but some acts may have been held up due to COVID restrictions/travel issues, some drop out because they get sure-thing offers from specific venues, and some drop for other reasons.  I hope it's the act's choice and not a case of letting us "vote" on a dud act to make the other acts look better by comparison.   (And some acts have a better first audition than a second round; I don't blame the producers there.)

At auditions they let a lot of acts through.  They then have a night of Judge cuts before going live so not everyone who got put through on their audition makes it past judge cuts.  They didn't show that episode this year because of the Olympics.  I really believe that since they have an enormous pool of people to choose from, the fact that put idiots like Sethward and the stupid dancing guy through is because they want to make sure they are eliminated rather than some of their favorites.  If everyone was reasonably well matched in terms of talent and the only difference between them was the type of act they were doing TPTB wouldn't be able to manipulate the results as well.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Lonesome Rhodes said:

Darci again was dull.  This one is on production.  Sofia was awful in closing out the segment.  Where's Piff?   

Darci was on again? I really wasn't paying attention...

17 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

Curtis Family really killed themselves with the song selection. Next time, pick one with more than one sentence. But I could totally see say, Nickelodeon, making a Partridge Family-style series with them. Micheal Winslow obviously still has a lot of goodwill and fondness on the part of voters. I think he's primarily on the show to remind the industry he exists and to get work so he'll be fine getting eliminated in the semis. Background graphics for UniCircle were hilariously over the top, but they really are doing paso doble on unicycles so it fits. Sorry Storm.

When the Curtis Family was on, I was actually thinking of their family doing a Nickelodeon or Disney children/teen sitcom.  So maybe, this will open doors for their family.

Agree on the reason for Michael being there.

I missed the initial auditions.  Glad UniCircle, Tae Kwon Do, and Brooke made it.  I remember Brooke from the Voice. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Superclam said:

Yes, in a painfully unfunny segment where Howie was teaching her to drive and crashed into stuff. 

I totally missed it. I swear I was sitting here the whole time.

I did see Sofia holding a puppet but I had no idea what was going on.

On 8/26/2021 at 2:48 PM, marketdoctor said:

Ty thought I had missed them.  As mentioned below, forgot about the judges cuts not seen this year.

• Love 1