Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E04: Blackfire

AngieBee1
  • Start Topic

I'm guessing Blackfire is depowered until they take care of Jason. 

I did like that Dick didn't fall for Crane's manipulation like Jason did. Are we supposed to go with Jason's been visiting Crane and decided to turn on everyone. He and Blackfire will get along since they are into blaming everyone else for their issues. 

I'm also guessing he didn't really die or that chemical that Crane probably told him how to make gives the appearance of death or it brings you back to life. 

Also Barbara if you know Dick, telling him the whole plan with Crane was stupid. You had to know he would go there and take him. 

• Love 3

This seems like a Heavy Exposition episode. 

Bye Dawn, I hope you don't come back.  I'm particularly annoyed that she pretty much made a play for Dick right after Hank died.

Poor Gar- I like him so much and yet he's always getting picked on. I would like good things to happen for him this season.

I don't know why Kory keeps on calling the Therapist.  I don't feel like he's trustworthy. Right now Blackfire doesn't feel like a villain as much as she does a whiny younger (?) sister. So the sibling rivalry dramah.  (tm Kim Possible). If she is going to be the Big Bad, I hope the character grows/changes or something.

Why is Hood blaming Dick for everything?  I guess we will find out next week.

• Love 7

Starfire's story with her sister seems so disconnected from the main story with Jason and Scarecrow and her sister seems like a pretty lame threat. She seems more annoying than scary, like she's just mad that Kory takes up too much room in the room they share, not an epic fight between two space princesses. 

Bye Dawn, don't let the door hit you on your way out. Dawn was always a pretty shitty girlfriend, to both Hank and Dick, but her saddling up to Dick right after Hank died just seemed so tacky. 

Poor Gar, its always something. 

So...much...exposition...

• Love 5
On 8/19/2021 at 5:29 PM, Sakura12 said:

I'm guessing Blackfire is depowered until they take care of Jason. 

I did like that Dick didn't fall for Crane's manipulation like Jason did. Are we supposed to go with Jason's been visiting Crane and decided to turn on everyone. He and Blackfire will get along since they are into blaming everyone else for their issues. 

I'm also guessing he didn't really die or that chemical that Crane probably told him how to make gives the appearance of death or it brings you back to life. 

Also Barbara if you know Dick, telling him the whole plan with Crane was stupid. You had to know he would go there and take him. 

Batman and Barbara sending Jason in to talk to Scarecrow alone (starting when Jason was quite young) without recording the interactions seems really bizarre. I mean, if it had been Dick or Barbara it would have likely been ok, and I get that Batman isn't giving Jason one quarter of the attention he gave Dick (or he would have noticed an anomaly like Jason reading Chemistry and how scared Jason was when he came back to the batcave) but really...Jason is way too eager to please.

• Love 1

They are going to drag this out all season, nearly "getting" Red Hood, and then he's able to inexplicably escape because somehow Jason became so much better than everyone else.  /sigh

and how did Blackfire get noticed by the government, let alone captured?  and she's still in the body of the woman she took over at the end of last season, right?  (and no one brings up that Blackfire stole a mother from her two children) so where is her "real body?"  is it back on her home planet?  Are there two versions?  

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Hanahope said:

They are going to drag this out all season, nearly "getting" Red Hood, and then he's able to inexplicably escape because somehow Jason became so much better than everyone else.  /sigh

and how did Blackfire get noticed by the government, let alone captured?  and she's still in the body of the woman she took over at the end of last season, right?  (and no one brings up that Blackfire stole a mother from her two children) so where is her "real body?"  is it back on her home planet?  Are there two versions?  

Maybe the bat thing that got the mother is not blackfire. Maybe it is someone else. 

I was surprised that there was no mention or scenes of a funeral for Hank.  And then Dawn is leaving in a private jet and says she is going to Paris and living in her family's place there.  I never had the impression that Dawn and Hank had much money, they certainly weren't living like it when they were on their own.  But now it turns out her family is fairly well off, she never needed to struggle like Hank and Dawn had seemingly been doing.  This was just an excuse to get rid of two cast members who were fairly useless, and they needed to go since the show has added Blackfire, Barbara Gordon and Scarecrow to the cast this year.  Oh well.  Bye Minka.  You're still a bad actress but you were ok in small quantities here.  Too bad you were saddled with Hank who is even worse and wasn't a likeable character at all.

23 hours ago, Hanahope said:

I was confused about this too... if Kory travelled to Earth in her own body, what is happening with Blackfire's body?

• Love 1

Not that I think this show could handle the scope of the storyline, but shouldn't keeping the ruler of a spacefaring world prisoner on Earth be a big invitation for a hostile invasion? Or was everyone on Tamaran all "the Queen never returned from her vengeance mission; oh well, what's for lunch?"

• Love 4
On 8/24/2021 at 10:57 AM, blackwing said:

I was surprised that there was no mention or scenes of a funeral for Hank.  And then Dawn is leaving in a private jet and says she is going to Paris and living in her family's place there.  I never had the impression that Dawn and Hank had much money, they certainly weren't living like it when they were on their own.  But now it turns out her family is fairly well off, she never needed to struggle like Hank and Dawn had seemingly been doing.  This was just an excuse to get rid of two cast members who were fairly useless, and they needed to go since the show has added Blackfire, Barbara Gordon and Scarecrow to the cast this year.  Oh well.  Bye Minka.  You're still a bad actress but you were ok in small quantities here.  Too bad you were saddled with Hank who is even worse and wasn't a likeable character at all.

Dawn has always come from money.  She and her mother had a tumultuous relationship where the mother was pressuring/forcing Dawn to live a socialite existence with a lot of control, etc.. stifling her.  I think there was also something with Dawn's dad who was abusive or something and how the mother accepted that just to hold onto money?  I can't fully remember but yeah - Dawn's family has MONEY money.

On 8/20/2021 at 6:47 PM, KittenPokerCheater said:

This seems like a Heavy Exposition episode. 

Bye Dawn, I hope you don't come back.  I'm particularly annoyed that she pretty much made a play for Dick right after Hank died.

I don't know why Kory keeps on calling the Therapist.  I don't feel like he's trustworthy. Right now Blackfire doesn't feel like a villain as much as she does a whiny younger (?) sister. So the sibling rivalry dramah.  (tm Kim Possible). If she is going to be the Big Bad, I hope the character grows/changes or something.

Why is Hood blaming Dick for everything?  I guess we will find out next week.

Even though I felt sorry for Dawn last week, I too was relieved to see her go this week.  And I too noticed how she tried to convince Dick to come be with her in Paris.  Like - Hank just literally got blown up - partially due to HER actions - and now she's macking on Dick and trying to convince him to come live with her in Paris?  Whew lawd - they wrote her into the ground, lmao.

About Kory and the therapist - I don't trust him either.  I thought he was just a one off last week but now ... I dunno.  He's also creepy as hell - trying to treat and mack on her at the same time.  Pick a lane, Therapist.

With Blackfire - I just wonder what her motives are.  No way do I buy she's just here to be a whiny sibling.

On 8/24/2021 at 11:28 AM, Bruinsfan said:

Not that I think this show could handle the scope of the storyline, but shouldn't keeping the ruler of a spacefaring world prisoner on Earth be a big invitation for a hostile invasion? Or was everyone on Tamaran all "the Queen never returned from her vengeance mission; oh well, what's for lunch?"

Please oh please oh please let this be happening!  Please let this show be heading for a Tamaranean invasion!! 

Ooh now I just had a wild thought -

I read an article that said a crazy twist was coming that would "drop a bomb" on Dick and Kory - what if they plan to do a storyline kinda like S2 Justice League (TAS)? With Hawkgirl?  Kory originally came here to supposedly stop Raven - but what if that's not it?  What if she's also here to study earth's defenses to prep for a Tamaranean invasion? And then they invade? And maybe Blackfire delivers the intel she discovers Kory kept but never sent? That would definitely drop a bomb on Dick and Kory - but also spotlight them - finally I hope. 

Now I can't stop thinking about that spoiler.

Edited by phoenics
  • Love 1