Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E02: Red Hood

paulvdb
  • Start Topic

With the Joker out of the picture, the mysterious Red Hood takes charge. But after bringing the Titans back to Gotham City, Dick is confronted by the city's newest villain - and his shocking real identity.

Premiere date: August 12, 2021

Well they're burning through story quickly with the Jason reveal at the end. I'm hoping we get an explanation for how he was dead for about a day before beginning his whole criminal empire. Or maybe it was longer? The timeline is confusing to me, but I also watched this episode in pieces between work meetings, etc. 

Still no mention of Rose, and no sign of Rachel or Donna. 

I like that Hank and Dick seem more friendly and less antagonistic now. I wish we had gotten more of that in flashbacks last season. This season's Hank seems a lot more mellow in general. 

• Love 5

There is no way Jason resurrected himself, so who is he working with? And how did he manage to take over Gotham? They are making this version  of Batman really bad at his job if a 20 year old kid can so easily take over all the criminals in Gotham.

Also how long as it been? Rachel is still on Themyscira trying to bring Donna back but someone brought Jason back in what a day? You're slacking Rachel.  Jason had to have been in the Lazurus Pit. 

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

There is no way Jason resurrected himself, so who is he working with? And how did he manage to take over Gotham? They are making this version  of Batman really bad at his job if a 20 year old kid can so easily take over all the criminals in Gotham.

Also how long as it been? Rachel is still on Themyscira trying to bring Donna back but someone brought Jason back in what a day? You're slacking Rachel.  Jason had to have been in the Lazurus Pit. 

I'm wondering if Bruce chucked him in the pit himself. There was something really weird about his whole "nope, funeral over, buried him last night, move on". But I don't think Bruce is behind any of this so...I don't know. 

• Love 1

Unpopular opinion:  I am so weary of Dawn and her specialness. I wish they would write her out.   /ducks tomatoes

How much time has passed between the Joker killing Jason and the Red Hood showing up.?  Does anyone know?

Also- LOVED the special effects of the building blowing up.  Well done Show.

Yay!  Nice to see Hawk and Dick getting along.  Being a team.

• Love 3

I just want to echo the whole wondering how long Jason was dead for.  I honestly thought it would be a season long thing and he would become the Red Hood at or around the end of the season.  But I guess that was not the way they wanted to take it.  When Red Hood debuted in this episode I was like, "Well that was quick."

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Holy shit, they are absolutely flying through this story, was Jason even dead for a whole week before he came back as Red Hood? In the comics he was dead for quite awhile, in and out of universe, there was a huge gap between Death in the Family and the Red Hood, enough time for Bruce to really angst away about it and for it to affect him. I assumed they would save Red hood for an end of the season cliffhanger, but nope we are getting right into it and I think I now have whiplash.

Its amazing how much more likable Hank is when he isn't shackled to Dawn and her sanctimonious speeches all of the time. This show is so much more fun when the characters don't all seem to hate each other.

• Love 5

I was surprised they said Barbra was shot by the Joker with her missing leg.  Can a gun shot cause such an injury?  I expected her be simply paralyzed, but with both legs.

Definitely curious how Jason became such an expert on chemistry all of sudden.

yeah, kindof curious to see how Jason recovered from being declared dead so quickly.  even if he wasn't dead, the beating given by the Joker should have caused some serious injuries.

13 minutes ago, Hanahope said:

I was surprised they said Barbra was shot by the Joker with her missing leg.  Can a gun shot cause such an injury?  I expected her be simply paralyzed, but with both legs

I’m assuming either the placement of the bullet caused a major vascular problem that the doctors couldn’t fix by the time she got to the hospital or that his gun full on blew her leg off.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Just finished this episode, and I echo everyone's comments about how quickly things moved with Jason.  Geriatric Bruce Wayne definitely said he saw the body and buried it in the family plot next to Alfred... so what's up.  Is Geriatric Bruce Wayne lying?  Was it not Jason's body?  Or did someone actually dig Jason up and resurrect him?

I am way tired of Hank and Dawn... they are beyond useless and the actors are both abysmal.  I was laughing in the scene where the team was in that building and how they divided the team.  You've got Gar who turns into a tiger, Kory with her fire, and Connor, all on the same squad.  Then the other squad is Hawk and Dove punching people.  The two most useless and powerless people on the team.  Kory and Gar couldn't have given Connor to them?

As for Barbara, I assumed that the bullet severed her spinal cord and paralyzed her.  Or maybe there was more than one bullet and maybe her leg got infected or something. 

• Love 1

I'm beginning to think that the Red Hood storyline is going to turn out to be some long con job that Bruce and Jason set up together to infiltrate the criminal underworld of Gotham.  As everyone else has pointed out, Jason's been dead for about two seconds, so his getting rescurrected doesn't really make any sense.  Also, in the previous episode, when Joker attacked him, Jason didn't seem to offer any resistance or react to the attack at all.  So maybe that drug he took right before going down to the carnival gave him some kind of temporary invulnerability or something?  And then Bruce conveniently disappears, so who knows what he's up to right now.  I don't know, they're tearing through the Red Hood stuff so fast that I feel it's got to be something along those lines.

On 8/13/2021 at 2:55 PM, Sakura12 said:

It's the Joker I wouldn't be surprised if he shot her then cut off her leg. Of course that's even more cruel than the Joker in the comics. 

Except I'm pretty sure Joker raped her in The Killing Joke. So I think the cruelty would be at least a wash.