Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E07: Show Up Queen

• Start Topic

I'm glad Trinity won again. The challenge wasn't terrible. I think I hate Ginger Minj now. 

On the bright side, Jan was put out of her misery, and that's a relief. Maybe we can now retire the archetype of the overly polished soulless queen. Miz Cracker, Jan, Rose. It's tired. 

• Love 2

I thought Jan's message and Rajah's were pretty much the same (generic positivity, etc), so I don't get why Jan got a negative critique (including on her dancing being 'too good') but Rajah's was positive.   The editors went so far out of their way to make sure Pandora was barely visible in the dance routine (always just to the left of where the shot ended,) apparently to try to justify the end result that Jan went home and she didn't?  Honestly, the 'Pandora's going home' fakeout through the whole episode didn't do Pandora any favors either.  Jan's story about her grandmother was sweet, I'm sad she's gone.

Ginger's wig-line on the runway was severe, and that dress did swallow her up.  I feel like there aren't any new Ginger looks forthcoming.  Kylie was stunning on the runway, much better than the generic tropical prints so many of the girls came out with.   I really thought Trinity won the lipsync outright, being just that much better than Alexis, but this provided more drama.  I'm glad the Snatch game is next week, but I don't see how/when the eliminated queens are going to return, unless it's to vote on the winner since that went down so well last time.

• Love 1

I'm hoping the returning queen game is more along the lines of the LalapaRuZa from All Stars 4 but we'll see.

This weeks episode : 

The girls went all in on the lyrics ( my faves were TKB and Eureka) but as a whole it's not something I'm putting on my iTunes. Overall TKB and Rajah were the best on stage. Was not a fan of what Jan and Ginger were wearing in the challenge.

Pandora finally gets some screentime - not sure what's holding her back so much. I'm kind of relieved she was saved but at the same time fear the backlash for her staying. She should bring it on Snatch Game.

Runway: TKB looked great - also really liked Jan and Kylie Sonique

Lipsync: TKB was killing it until her wig came off, What a pity. 

• Love 1

I'm thrilled Pandora Boxx is safe, and there for Snatch Game.

Still no idea what the 'game within a game' is... Two parallel Snatch Games? I bet whatever it is is just another bring back Ru's favourite stunt.

Meanwhile, Kylie doing well, Pandora safe and getting actual air time, and some interesting chats. I thought it was quite a good ep; but enough of the singing and dancing ffs.

• Love 2

Kylie and TKB for the final two.  We see Ru gasp anytime Kylie comes down the runway.  We don't usually see that with the other queens.  

Am I correct?  I really think Kylie is going to win.

I don't quite get the judge's fixation this season on "getting deeper." Between the boring (imho) Red Table Talk challenge and parsing out the depth of the lyrics in this challenge, they really are focused on everyone bringing up personal issues. I just like the queens to be funny, stylish, and not too fake when onscreen. I personally don't need their entire backstory, childhood traumas, and medical history brought up every episode. But I guess after this past pandemic year, they want something with more substance. It was mostly a close challenge anyway (with Pandora as the weakest dancer and most in her head following the steps), so perhaps Jan would've been in the bottom anyway, but it does irk that her recent "bottom" weeks were because the judges wanted to scratch harder at character depth despite always having a great stage presence in challenges.

How much longer is this "game within a game" going to be dragged (pun intended) out? Rather than weekly short clips of seeing the eliminated queens react to Ru's message, it'd be more fun to either see the booted queens reuniting (kinda like the Jury House on Big Brother) or to give better teasers about the actual forthcoming competition. 

• Love 7

I only really perked up with Zaldy and Alexis. Alexis's dramatic reveal of the second lipstick was hilarious. This ep was otherwise so boring. 

I am still loving Rajah and Trinity's talking heads. 

• Love 1

Trinity is so full of it.  I'm pretty sure she has voted for Jan every time she is in the bottom 2.  Trinity is out to win it (and I don't have a problem with that).  She is all about keeping the weaker competitor.  Plus how the heck does she hide her chin hairs which she ha when she's talking to the other queens in the werk room?  Does she has a prosthetic like she has for her teeth (use that $$$ to buy a trip to the dentist!)?

On 8/1/2021 at 12:27 AM, RoxiP said:

Trinity is so full of it.  I'm pretty sure she has voted for Jan every time she is in the bottom 2.  Trinity is out to win it (and I don't have a problem with that).  She is all about keeping the weaker competitor.  Plus how the heck does she hide her chin hairs which she ha when she's talking to the other queens in the werk room?  Does she has a prosthetic like she has for her teeth (use that $$$ to buy a trip to the dentist!)?

I read somewhere that both TKB and Akeria used some kind of stick-on for their facial hair in studio

• Love 1

I hated how Jan was treated. It was completely unnecessary to have Alexis reveal Pandora's lipstick first without mentioning a tie to make Jan think she's safe. This was all obviously engineered by the producers to fuck with her and Ru isn't a good enough actor to make the surprised reaction believable.

And using Jan's "They voted for me because they think I'm competition" confessional for her exit was shitty too, in untucked there was another confessional about her leaving where Jan was grateful and emotional and it would have made for a much nicer exit on the main show.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Grischa said:

I hated how Jan was treated. It was completely unnecessary to have Alexis reveal Pandora's lipstick first without mentioning a tie to make Jan think she's safe. This was all obviously engineered by the producers to fuck with her and Ru isn't a good enough actor to make the surprised reaction believable.

And using Jan's "They voted for me because they think I'm competition" confessional for her exit was shitty too, in untucked there was another confessional about her leaving where Jan was grateful and emotional and it would have made for a much nicer exit on the main show.

This show just likes to shit on Jan … 100%

• Love 1
On 7/31/2021 at 6:27 PM, RoxiP said:

Plus how the heck does she hide her chin hairs which she ha when she's talking to the other queens in the werk room?

You can glue down short facial hair with a glue stick basically like they do with eyebrows. I don't know that this is what she's doing, but that would be my best guess.

• Love 1