Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E18: I Dreamed a Dream...

• Start Topic

SEASON FINALE - When an encounter with the Whispering Evil leaves Macy (Madeleine Mantock) on the brink of death, Mel (Melonie Diaz) and Maggie (Sarah Jeffery) cast an ancient spell sending The Charmed Ones off on a series of epic adventures. Meanwhile, realizing only a Whitelighter can save Macy, Harry (Rupert Evans) asks Jordan (Jordan Donica) and Celeste (guest star Kate Burton) to help him do the unthinkable.

Wow well....this was certainly an episode to say the least...they got the Whispering Evil out of the way REAL FAST and the way Macy went out is questionable. Sure she gets to save the world by drinking a lethal potion but it certainly isnt saving an innocent from a demonic assassin with your sisters. I personally wouldn't have done the episode like this but it is what it is.

Josefina as usual is always there to inadvertently save the day because as with majority of the show, the sisters always need someone else who has more knowledge than they do and the Book of Shadows turned into something that Mel was creating to something that Josefina was able to take over completely. But yay for the Book of Shadows being back in play.

I am glad that we got the sisters together for majority of the episode, even if they had to do a spell that required them to stay by Macys side. The writers definitely tried to give Macy/Harry fans an olive branch with the wedding and baby but that is honestly the last of my worries with it being Macys last episode. I needed all of the sister bonding I can get.

Harry was stupid from the start to give up being a Whitelighter thinking that the sisters would never get magically injured by evil so I feel zero sympathy for him giving up his mortality. Of course it also inadvertently created a 2nd Whitelighter because...why not? Right? They have to find some way to make Jordan useful to the sisters.

I honestly would've preferred to see Mel/Maggie consoling each other more than being with their respective bf/gfs but again...it is what it is. Just like I prefer the show to end on them two instead of the Po3 reject that is Mel/Maggie/Harry where they all get to find out...ANOTHER HALF SISTER! Because their mother just gotta have as many children out there that is possible for the show to sustain the power of three. They already barely got to know their first half sister who turned out to secretly be Maggies full sister so why not just have another half sibling out there, maybe this one will be Mels full sister. This is why you dont start out with the introduction of a half sister showrunners. Let it be a lesson.

Cant wait to see who they bring in to be Half sister 2.0.

• Love 1

The Guardian: She's out there.

Me: What the actual FUCK, Marisol?  How many secret daughter's do you have (and implicitly abandoned)?

This episode was super sad and I have a headache after crying (DON'T JUDGE ME!) so I'm not sure I have the energy to  think this episode through.  I seemed to be the only person who watches this show who was not aware Madeleine Mantock was leaving. So I was not ready for that. Macy was my favorite sister. 

I like Jordan, so I'm glad he seems to be somehow magic (White Lighter without dying? Maybe he accidentally killed himself with the supercharged defibrillator and ... shared the magic?) It was going to get increasingly hard to keep his mortal ass involved with how often he was getting his ass attacked/magically imprisoned/possessed etc.  At some point, liking Maggie wouldn't be enough to stay in that world as a mortal. And I am never sad to see Jordan Danica (he was my LaFayette/Jefferson when I first saw Hamilton)

I'm finally starting to like Mel. And I like Ruby.  But I have a hard time caring about them as a couple and I was almost annoyed that Mel was grieving with her instead of Mags.  I was less annoyed by Maggie and Jordan.  But I would have preferred seeing Mel and Maggie grieve together, despite my appreciation for Jordan.

I'll see how this plays out.  But I am dubious. 

• Love 1

Wow, they really set this up as a goodbye to Macy episode, they must have known when they were filming that she was leaving the series.

I wonder if Jordan is actually a whitelighter, or if he just got the healing powers & is still mortal.

Maybe they decided Josefina wasn't good enough so they created another sister?

Another sister! What will her name be? Let the guessing begin!

Actually, I'd really like this is if the new sister ended up being a dude...named Matthew😂, Matthew Page😂😂

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

All the pieces are falling into place for Holly Marie Combs to join the cast.

Anyway, I was completely unspoiled about the finale and I had a hard time believing they were going in this direction until I read up online.

New Charmed imitating old Charmed, not only did Prue die in Season 3 like Macy, but in Season 4, the new sister had Whitelighter powers without being dead. So, there's some precedent for Jordan. Him getting healing powers was pretty well telegraphed in this episode in my view.

• Love 1

Weird. I was not expecting them to actually kill Macy off. I wonder if the actress wanted to leave or if the show just wanted to follow the pattern of the OG and kill off the eldest sister at the end of the third season so they could introduce a new sister character. The issue, of course, as Primal Slayer pointed out, is that they sort of already cribbed from the Paige story by introducing Macy as a long-abandoned sister, so to have yet another one of those really puts their mother in a bad light.

During the scene where Harry is supposed to be dead you can see him breathing. Bad edit there.

3 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Weird. I was not expecting them to actually kill Macy off. I wonder if the actress wanted to leave or if the show just wanted to follow the pattern of the OG and kill off the eldest sister at the end of the third season so they could introduce a new sister character.

The actress asked to be let out of her contract

Goodbye Macy. I'm gonna miss her and while I do feel like her goodbye scenes were emotional and made me cry. I do feel like the writers tried to copy too much from the OG Charmed concerning Prue's death. And that for me cheapened it for me quite a bit. IMO there was no need to kill her off. Macy could have just had her happy ending with Harry, esp since Rupert is gonna be on Bridgerton. And, I know that his role isn't big but if I was him, I would have used that excuse to leave Charmed too.  Plus, Bridgerton is way bigger than Charmed will ever be who knows he could have gotten more opportunities while he was on Bridgerton. Anyways, that wedding dream(being a reality) would have been a great exit for both. Sigh. 

As for Jordan, hmmm so he's a Whitelighter now, interesting to see where this goes.

Also the whole other sister thing, another ripoff from the OG,, I hope that it's not another sister but actually Josefina somehow that's also tied to the Charmed ones. Yes she's not a sister but she's still blood because she's a cousin. It could work and it would differentiate from the original too. If not I guess we're getting the 4th sister next season. Hey I'd even take Mel's baby from the future if it's not copy and paste from the older Charmed. 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, tvwatchergordis said:

Hey I'd even take Mel's baby from the future if it's not copy and paste from the older Charmed. 

That's actually an awesome idea.

• Love 1

The actress asked to be let out of her contract

Well hopefully she left on good terms. She could still pop up in a guest spots for flashbacks or time travel episodes. Or as a ghost. Something they were never able to do with Shannen Doherty.

Also the whole other sister thing, another ripoff from the OG,, I hope that it's not another sister but actually Josefina somehow that's also tied to the Charmed ones.

Oh God, not Josefina, please. I've really had enough of her. 

8 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Well hopefully she left on good terms. She could still pop up in a guest spots for flashbacks or time travel episodes. Or as a ghost. Something they were never able to do with Shannen Doherty.

Oh God, not Josefina, please. I've really had enough of her. 

Of course all we have are rumors but I think since she did choose to leave, I wouldnt be surprised to see her in the series finale.

But I guess it's good that this series never really had the sisters take any photos together. 

• LOL 2

Finally, I'm caught up.  I wish I didn't watch the back half of the season knowing that the actress playing Macy was going to leave, though I suppose it didn't make much of a difference.

The writers knew she was leaving for multiple episodes, and yet they didn't really give Macy anything special to do until this rushed farewell finale.  I just didn't find it very satisfying, maybe because it was just so obviously trying to tick all the boxes on a surface level (even though they could have had more sisterly time or Harry time in the last few episodes instead of that Abigael arc). 

I did accidentally read that Macy died a week or two ago, so that also took the suspense out of this episode, though I would be disappointed if I had thought she would live but she ended up dying.  I'm not sure she left on good terms; I haven't read anything with the two other actresses about the departure.  

Jordan getting healing powers isn't really that interesting, but at least he would be less useless.  They didn't know what to do with him this season at all, so I wish they had been more creative.  Heck, Macy's powers could have transferred to Jordan, and he could become the third "sister".  A Harry/Jordan romance could have been an interesting twist.

Harry becoming a Whitelighter again after multiple episodes of him becoming mortal made the whole idiotic subplot feel even more like a waste of time.  

I'm not sure I have them energy to get to know another sister.  I'm not sure what else I want to see out of these characters at this point.  

Edited by Camera One

Only just watched this and I have two questions:

How is Harry a whitelihhter again? Didn't Celeste tell him that there was no turning back if he gave up his immortality?

Another lost sister? Geez, how many lost kids does Marisol have?