Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E04: Halftime Headliners

• Start Topic

(edited)

Boy, did I disagree with the judges.  For the performance I thought Ginger and Eureka were so bad that when Yara showed up, I was excited; finally someone came across as the pop star they were supposed to be. I didn’t notice her not lipsyncing the words, though.

- My tops were: Yara, Pandora Boxx, and Trinity (and Jan as a runner up). I think Jan is very talented and deserved to win the Madonna challenge of her season, but to me, she wasn’t the winner this time.

- The Bottoms were: Eureka, Ginger, and Ra’Jah . If it weren’t for Eureka’s costume and Ra’Jah’s bouncing hair, I wouldn’t have known who they were supposed to be, and I still refuse to believe that Ginger was Fergie.

- Props to Jamal for teaching the signature moves of each of the performers that had them. (Ginger probably should have gone with a country singer - maybe Shania Twain or Wynonna Judd).

- As for the runway: Yara’s gown had nary a frill. Fringe everywhere, but frills, no. Maybe she thought they were the same thing. A’keria’s gown was one of the best things I’ve seen on Drag Race (which should have kept her out of the bottom) and Jan and Scarlett also had great gowns. So far, Scarlett has been underappreciated for her runways, but she has been turning it, even in the look she made herself.

-Pandora and Yara’s looks would have knocked them out of the running for me.

- I’d give the win to Trinity, and the sashay away to Ginger. I suspect that now that the show has made up for the Jan face crack moment by giving her this win, they're going to start putting her in the bottom.

Edited by 7-Zark-7
  • Love 5
(edited)

I also thought Yara would be in the top but I thought Jan was good too. Eureka and Ginger didn’t do anything for me but they also seemed to be on 15 seconds so it was hard to judge. These types of competitions are hard to judge especially if the person you are imitating doesn’t have signature moves; then you are going for looks alone. 

Edited by Madding crowd
  • Love 2

This was bad. The songs they remixed for the performances were almost all terrible, IMHO. Especially for all stars they should just cut them loose. Why couldn't they have had to make a fake half time show on their own? Give a track, let them do the rest? 

I'm glad others didn't agree with the judges. To me it was another episode with a pre written script the editors couldn't (or didn't) back up with footage, which sucks after last week but isn't unexpected. I'm glad Yara didn't beg. 

I'd have put RaJah in the bottom unless Diana Ross having armpit hair is a thing. I'd have put Pandora or Scarlet in the top over Eureka, who I'd swear had her back turned for half the performance (bad choreo). But, it's pretty clear neither of those two are going to factor into anything. 

• Love 2

I didn't enjoy the halftime show at all.  I think "lip-sync to Ru's songs in the style of divas" was done much better in AS3.  They kept it simple on the main stage, with the other queens and a few members of the pit crew as backup dancers.  I felt the production this time was overdone, the masked dancers were very distracting, and each queen's bit was over too fast.

That said, I thought Trinity was the best in the challenge, while Pandora was a big disappointment: her Carol impression was wasted here.  Jan's outfit on the runway was one of my favorites of the season, while A'keria's was also very good.  I was delighted to see Jessica and have no idea what the hell Jan was doing in that lip-sync.

Yara was middle of the road for me.  Her outfit was interesting, but not really "frills."  Her performance was not impressive at all.  I respect her choice not to grovel in the deliberations, but surely there is some middle ground?  She could share what she is going to bring next, say, without crying about what it all means to her.  I like her drag but won't miss her much.

• Love 2
(edited)
14 hours ago, 853fisher said:

... I was delighted to see Jessica and have no idea what the hell Jan was doing in that lip-sync...

But... She was VERY accurate here ! (watch a little bit, you will see by yourself)

Edited by Diane Mars

I didn't really perk up during this episode until omg Jessica F'ng Wild appeared with her pure fabulousness. Cluck a doodle do! 

I'm glad Jan finally got a win but for me Kylie stole the show, I feel like she & Scarlett are flying under the radar. Trinity as Beyonce was great but I feel like her performance looked so much better when compared to some of the other queens' performances. 

I miss Yara already. Sigh.

• Love 2
(edited)

No one really did bad IMO in the performances so it would have come down to the runways and I  would have put Ginger and Pandora in the bottom. I love Pandora Boxx alot but she is just not registering here at all. Her Carol Channing snatch game is legendary but she is just phoning it in here. And lots of awkward moments in Untucked.

TKB was phenomenal as Beyonce but I was happy for Jan. Trinity won last week so I'm glad Ru is spreading it out. 

Yara could have gone all the way to the end and I liked her Shakira belly dancing alot but her head was not in this game. Still she's always fun to watch.

I generally find Akeria a bit one note but that runway was exquisite and should have kept her out of the bottom for sure.

Oh and Jan won that lipsync (sorry not sorry) 

Edited by Wonderlad71

I would have put Yara in the top; it seems she was taken out more by some pre-determined plan then any rational critique of her solid performance. At this point it's clear that no matter how well an early season queen does on the show, the producers are not going to let them (i.e. Tattiana, Shangela, Manilla, Juju, Alexis, Yara...) win.  Meanwhile Ginger's half-time was simply terrible, and think some of the safe girls badly needed critiques.  I'm glad Jessica Wild got an appearance; if the lip sync assassins are popular queens who never made it onto all-stars then that is something.  But it's too bad it was to pull out the lipstick to send her friend home. 

• Love 4

I agreed with the judges that Yara belonged in the bottom, she was Shakira only from a distance, her body and dancing were spot on but as soon as I looked at her face ... nothing, that wasn't Shakira at all which is weird because Yara often shows a big smile and a positive attitude but not here. Her runway look also didn't match the theme, there were no frills.

I also agree with Jan winning, she nailed Lady Gaga, Trinity also nailed Beyonce but on the runway Jan's look was leagues better than Trinitiy's and with both of them being awesome in their performance I think this might have given the edge to Jan.

But Ginger really should have been in the bottom 2, Akeria wasn't great in the halftime show but had a phenomenal runway look.