Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: The Naughty List

• Start Topic

Meh.  The 'killer santa' coming only in the last ten minutes made it really shallow, and that exposition dump via wikipedia was also eye-rolling.   The killer santa was literally a tales from the crypt episode expect that managed to be creepy/scary because the episode wasn't 95% unrelated stuff...like seriously, I thought the santa was going to be the guy who's suicide they filmed come back to life?  Waste of time. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

It was like a bad tired mishmash of Black Christmas and the very first episode of Scream Queens where Ariana Grande twits while Red Devil kills her. Seems like Murphy/Falchuk are completely run out of ideas. This show is beyond redemption.   

• Love 1
(edited)

As someone who LOATHES The Bro House style of reality tv and even the idea that influencers can be an actual profession, I liked the idea of a “bad Santa” killing a bunch of dude bro influencers trying to gain back followers after a set of problematic posts.   Only to find themselves stalked by Danny Trejo.  

I thought the episode was ok but also the weakest of the season so far.  It had its moments but it felt flatter then it probably should have.   

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, Bali said:

Enjoyed Danny Trejo killing them. I must be getting hard because I felt no sympathy for the Bro House jerks.

I felt a little sympathy for Barry the tech guy.   He was the voice of reason who kept trying to do the right thing but was just weak willed.   I didn’t care about the others, especially Zinn who I wanted to punch in the face.   But I was hoping Barry might survive and learn something. 

I did find it kinda funny that Zinn was basically shirtless for like the entire first act.    

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, Bali said:

Enjoyed Danny Trejo killing them. I must be getting hard because I felt no sympathy for the Bro House jerks.

They did a good job of making those bros super killable.

• Love 4

What a bunch of douchebags! This is what's wrong with the world today there are too many ass wipes like this in it taking up air. And this is why I hate social media, it has created a generation of narcissist, self absorbed, wouldn't know a hard day's work if it came up and slapped them in the face bunch of fools. And Santa had time to put the camera in the fridge just in case they ran out of beer in the house and time to post on their channel and even repost after it was taken down, all within a matter of minutes. The only good thing about this episode was the black convertible Cadillac with the red steering wheel.

I'm done with this show, it's not scary or good and I think it was written by teens for teens.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, foxfreakinmulder said:

What a bunch of douchebags! This is what's wrong with the world today there are too many ass wipes like this in it taking up air. And this is why I hate social media, it has created a generation of narcissist, self absorbed, wouldn't know a hard day's work if it came up and slapped them in the face bunch of fools. And Santa had time to put the camera in the fridge just in case they ran out of beer in the house and time to post on their channel and even repost after it was taken down, all within a matter of minutes. The only good thing about this episode was the black convertible Cadillac with the red steering wheel.

I'm done with this show, it's not scary or good and I think it was written by teens for teens.

I really loved that Caddie 

• Love 2

Danny Trejo as a bad Santa killing really obnoxious social media influencers was pretty awesome, but this was probably the weakest of the three episodes. It wasn’t bad, they certainly did a good job at making you REALLY hate the bros (except maybe Barry the tech bro) and I like that they kept it ambiguous as to whether the Santa was “just” a human serial killer or if he was some kind of mythical pagan Yuletide vengeance god, but it was the one so far that felt the least creative and creepy.  

• Love 2

Oh this was SOOO bad! They spent way too much time in the setup. We get it. They’re vacuous douche-bro Youtubers. We really did not need to spend 25+ minutes watching them have parties and “bro out” before finally getting 10 mins of mayhem. Danny Trejo was wasted, did we even see his face more than two times? And the special effects for the deaths were just bad. Like cheesy late ‘90s bad cgi. 

It’s really not making me want to continue with the series. 

Edited by Cotypubby
  • Love 1

I thought this was a pretty weak episode. I did enjoy the bro house bros getting killed because they were such assholes. Danny Trejo is too good to be in this sh*t show. Nice to see Artie from "Glee" here. He needs to be in more Ryan Murphy productions.

Edited by Mattipoo
Typo
  • Love 1