Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E03: Side Hustles

• Start Topic

Episode Description: Even the best queen needs a side hustle, so the All Stars must create commercials to sell their services. Tia Mowry joins as guest judge.

I thought the winning team was the right choice. Their commercial was very funny. They other 2 had their moments but I agree with the judges. I actually feel a little bad for Silky. She came into her season trying to be the loudest thinking that would get her screen time and thus fame but it backfired. Now she did the exact opposite and it also failed her. I think she is actually a good person and if she had just been herself she might’ve lasted longer. 

But guess welll see what happens. I’m ready for this “game within a game” to be revealed at least to the audience. 

Also, Lastranga tore up that lip sync. Damn!

• Love 2

I gritted my teeth when I saw Silky on the list for this season, but I enjoyed what she brought to the competition, including her different attitude.  I wouldn't've minded if A'keria had gone out instead, actually.  Good luck to her for the future.

None of the commercials were really too bad.  Laganja was great, and it was a real surprise to see her, although she would have seemed a bit more knowing if she'd limited her catchphrases used to one or two.  Congratulations to Jan for breaking her safe streak!

Is interest in this season way down because of Paramount+ or does it just seem that way?  There seems to be far less discussion than usual.  Nobody even missed this thread until today.

• Love 6

I just watched "Dragging the Classics: The Brady Bunch."  A bunch of the Drag Race queens play the Brady Family and Alice in a classic episode.  The episode centered on Jan Brady wanting to wear a wig to stand out and apart from her sisters.  Jan was played by Kylie Sonique.  Since she was such a huge part of the special, I wonder if this is a clue that she is winning AS6.  No one else from AS6 was on it.

Not that Kylie winning would be a bad thing; she's just not my fave so far.  I like her, but she just hasn't really stood out for me yet.

PS: Candy Muse played Cindy Brady and was probably cast for her lisp.

• Love 2

This was my favorite episode in a long time. The judging was on point, Trinity got redemption, and Laganja won the game within a game by showing up for one episode and crushing it instead of coming back to be edited (and spend a ton on costumes). Maybe nobody can watch it, but so far I feel like it's good for the show to be off VH1. 

I almost felt bad for Silky, but she didn't seem to work on her skills she just got quieter. Maybe she needed another year or two away to sort the legit criticism from the general hate. I'm relieved she's gone. 

Also, wasn't she out in the club during covid times with Vanjie and Shangela? That's...not cool. 

I watched the Brady Bunch episode too, and also figure Kylie Sonique must win or come close. Not mad at that, but I thought the special was boring. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Trinity was so full of shit about why she chose Yara's lipstick, it was hilarious, so was that little look between Scarlet and Sonique when silky was campaigning but trying to claim she wasn't.   Eureka's do-over outfit was not different enough for me, and Pandora's was just sad; she should have chosen something iconic from S2 (like the infamous 'coke-whore' look) but instead she chose the 'it takes two' look (even though Mimi wasn't there) and the update was so mind-numbingly boring and unspecial.  I agreed with the decisions on where the teams were ranked, and though I didn't think Trinity was funnier then Yara, I guess it was a tossup between the two.  Laganja looks great (congrats on her transition, even though this was filmed before she made the announcement) and definitely redeemed her.  Trinity delivered one of the most iconic lipsyncs in the past (to 'what a man,) but she really didn't do much of anything here.  I was afraid they would really send Akeira home over silky, but thankfully no; I will be very interested to see how the votes went next week, however.  Overall, I am really enjoying this season, in a way that I definitely haven't enjoyed the hundreds of international spinoffs that came out this year.

Edited by Glade

Always a blast to see Laganja. Not too surprised to see her show up as she's been a regular on Bootleg Opinions and was on Hey Qween this past season. She came and ate Mawmaw! 

Really not feeling TKB though - didn't think she really stood out for that win. I think they just wanted a TKB / Laganja Season 6 rematch. Eureka and Ginger were definitely the most memorable and for me in the main challenge;  Kylie and Akeria were the least  so I would have put them in the bottom. I thought Silky at least tried so was sad for her even though she's not one of my faves.

The runways were a bit Ehh??! but Scarlet came through as usual.

Laganja was so exciting. Stellar work. 

I was sad seeing Silky so chastened this season, and felt guilty for disliking her in her season. Things must have been really rough post show.

Wish I knew what this game within a game thing was...

I missed the thread, but didn't have the wherewithall to start it myself, ha. It's been so long since I saw the ep, I have no further words.

• Love 1
(edited)

I was surprised (but perhaps I shouldn't've been: it is, after all, a reality show) to read on one of Pandora's accounts that the look to be "Rudeemed" was chosen for all the girls by the production team.  Interesting.

10 hours ago, violet and green said:

I missed the thread, but didn't have the wherewithall to start it myself, ha.

Ditto!  I could have put that differently.

Edited by 853fisher
  • Useful 1

Damn, Laganga shut that lip.sync DOWN. Damn, girl! I'm not on social media so I didn't know that she had transitioned, I'm so glad for her, she looks so happy. 

I liked all the commercials & performances but Ginger's Richard Slimmons cracked me up the most! 

I gasped at Scarlet & Yara's Ru-demption runways, they looked incredible. 

• Love 1

I'm not watching this season because I refuse to sign up for yet another streaming service, but I have seen clips of the lip sync, and damn. Anyone else, and TKB would've had it in the bag. But Laganja stormed the stage in a way I didn't even know she could. She looked incredible and moved like she was on wires or something. Holy god, we were not ready.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, hatchetgirl said:

I'm struggling from RPDR fatigue.  

Same. Even if this was on broadcast tv, I'm not sure I would be watching it. The only ones I would want to see are Ginger, Jan, and Scarlet. The rest I don't care much about, or actively dislike intensely. I can barely remember to keep up with these threads. 

• Love 1

Yeah - I love and will always love Ru (even with her questionable Netflix choices - AJ and the Queen, anyone?), I'm not happy she will show up on UK and Australia, but won't throw a dang bone to Canada, Espana, Holland or the land of true Queens, Thailand.  :(  There is something to be said with "leave 'em wanting more!"  Well Ru, leave us wanting more.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, hatchetgirl said:

Yeah - I love and will always love Ru (even with her questionable Netflix choices - AJ and the Queen, anyone?), I'm not happy she will show up on UK and Australia, but won't throw a dang bone to Canada, Espana, Holland or the land of true Queens, Thailand.  :(  There is something to be said with "leave 'em wanting more!"  Well Ru, leave us wanting more.

I wonder if the rights deals are different.  RuPaul's Drag Race, RuPaul's Drag Race UK, RuPaul's Drag Race Down Under all have RuPaul on the show.  Drag Race Thailand,  Drag Race Espana, and Canada's Drag Race do not.  It could all be about the money.

My guess, we will not see RuPaul on Drag Race Italia, coming in November.

Dunno.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, PDXlulu said:

I wonder if the rights deals are different.  RuPaul's Drag Race, RuPaul's Drag Race UK, RuPaul's Drag Race Down Under all have RuPaul on the show.  Drag Race Thailand,  Drag Race Espana, and Canada's Drag Race do not.  It could all be about the money.

My guess, we will not see RuPaul on Drag Race Italia, coming in November.

Dunno.

Ooh good catch. That could be it but dang it still hurts...

17 hours ago, PDXlulu said:

I read that one reason Ru is not on the Canadian show could be because of rules that treat programming helmed, onstage and backstage, by Canadians more favorably.  I don't know whether that's strictly true, but I have heard that kind of thing about Canadian TV before.

Honestly, the foreign versions are better without her, IMO.  I feel she doesn't seem to "get" or be particularly interested in some elements of local color.  When I watch a foreign show, I want to be transported there to dive into their references and so on, not watch all the girls wondering whether they should do something local because Ru won't understand.  But I'm sure she helps get eyeballs too.  It's a double-edged sword.

• Love 2