Type keyword(s) to search

The White Lotus in the Media

• Start Topic

(edited)
On 3/27/2023 at 9:09 PM, aghst said:

I've never been to Thailand.

But I thought the draw was that it was an inexpensive destination with stupendously beautiful beaches and other scenery (giant temples) and cheap but great food.

I don't doubt that there are 5-star hotels and resorts but it seemed like people go a long way from Europe or the US because of affordability, not luxury necessarily.

Then again, I didn't think Sicily was necessarily a big luxury destination but they certainly made it work.

You also think of people going out there as younger, maybe kids still in college.  Or maybe just taking a break from school or between jobs.

But the characters playing the guests will no doubt be people of privilege.

People go to Thailand because it's insanely beautiful with a great culture and incredible food, among other things. Even if things cost less once you're there doesn't mean it's a shitty place to go.  It also costs thousands to get there by plane.  And you have to have enough privilege to take that much time off of work. It takes more than 24 hours to get there, so you're not just going to hop over for a day or two, unless you are insanely wealthy and very used to flying.  Maybe I'm not really sure what point you're trying to make, but I think it will be just as nice as Sicily and Hawaii.  There are definitely luxurious places there.  It is an entire country that dwarfs both of those places in both population and size so there is a lot of opportunity.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Like 5
  • Applause 1
3 hours ago, BetterButter said:

Depending on how this plays out, I think I may be becoming prophetic...

Per my December 12, 2022 post midway through the Season 2 Episode 7 thread:

I would dearly love to have Belinda show up as a resort guest in the next season of WL, after learning Tanya left her a bundle in her will - enough to open her dream spa and to do some traveling.

• Like 7
8 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

They haven't even started filming plus there's a writer's strike, so probably close to 2 years from now honestly.

Thank you peach. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

They always talked about there being a break between seasons and I guess the strike pushed it out further so this isn't surprise.

The thing that did surprise me is that it was going to be a prequel.

“It” is going to be a prequel, not “White Lotus.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1

The White Lotus creator teases 'supersized' season 3: 'It's going to be longer, bigger, crazier'

"I'm seriously finishing scripts. Still waiting to be able to cast. If the SAG strike isn't resolved soon, then yeah, we'd have to push again because the show has a new cast every season, so there's lots of parts to cast ... I'm more than eager to get going."

"It's going to be a supersized White Lotus. It's going to be longer, bigger, crazier. I don't know what people will think, but I am super excited, so at least for my own barometer, that's a good thing ... I'm super excited about the content of the season."

• Useful 1

HBO’s ‘The White Lotus’ Eyes February Start Of Production As Casting On Season 3 Begins

On Nov. 9, the very day the SAG-AFTRA strike ended at 12:01 AM, the Emmy-winning HBO anthology series started casting for its upcoming third installment by releasing a list of the new characters. Filming is tentatively slated to begin in early February in Thailand, sources said.

Once again, The White Lotus will feature a sprawling, multi-generational cast. Thirteen roles are currently casting, nine of them series regulars — ranging in ages between 18-80s — with a patriarch, a corporate executive, an actress, a couple of mothers, a misfit and a yogi among the bunch, I hear.

• Useful 1

https://variety.com/2024/tv/news/white-lotus-season-3-cast-jason-isaacs-parker-posey-michelle-monaghan-1235862617/

From the article:

"The third season of the hit HBO series has added six new cast members, Variety has learned. Joining the new season are: Leslie Bibb (“Iron Man,” “Jupiter’s Legacy”), Dom Hetrakul (“Bangkok Dangerous,” “The Outrage”), Jason Isaacs (“Harry Potter” franchise, “The Death of Stalin”), Michelle Monaghan (“Gone Baby Gone,” “Kiss Kiss Bang Bang”), Parker Posey (“Best in Show,” “The Staircase”), and Tayme Thapthimthong (“Farang,” “Skin Trade”)."

• Like 3

Regarding from the News post:

In April 2023, Variety confirmed that Natasha Rothwell, who played spa manager Belinda in Season 1, will be returning for Season 3. There are no details yet about how her character ends up in Thailand, but Belinda's interest in wellness aligns with White's desire to explore spirituality. Plus it's entirely possible that Tanya's untimely demise led to some kind of inheritance. Belinda could be experiencing The White Lotus from the other side this time. 

Even if "Belinda" inherited nothing from "Tanya," there's a easy explanation for how "Belinda" could have ended up in Thailand still as a White Lotus employee. The Four Season's hotel chain - the likely real world site where much this and past seasons will be, and were, filmed - has an "exchange" program for their employees where some are "rotated" to other Four Season locations around the world for some period of time. When I had the good fortune to spend some time in the Four Seasons in Mumbai, India, I noticed one employee who did not appear to be a local - a young blond women - who I later learned was Mexican and regularly employed at the Four Seasons in Puerta Vallarta. I spoke with her in Spanish, much to her delight, and she explained this exchange program to me. It's easy to imagine the fictional White Lotus having something similar.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

"The first two seasons were about money and sex, so Season 3 will be “a kind of satirical and funny look at death and Eastern religion and spirituality. It feels like it could be a rich tapestry to do another round at White Lotus.”

• Useful 1
(edited)

Walton Goggins as a Resort Manager??! 🤨

Am starting to worry about the growing cast, TBH. This will lead to underdeveloped characters or underbaked plots or both. 😣

ETA:

Gosh, Deuxmoi got it right. Can’t believe it… 😱

Edited by Snazzy Daisy
On 1/9/2024 at 10:22 PM, Snazzy Daisy said:

Well, here's a "hot people" that TWL fans have been asking for S03.

😆😆😆

I'm not a fan.  Everyone raves about her but I've seen her in Ghostbusters and Gilded Age and I don't understand the hype.  I find her very mediocre with little range.

However, I'm excited to see Walt Goggins, Patrick Schwarzenegger and Sam Nivola (son of Alessandro Nivola and Emily Mortimer).

And hopefully, NO JENNIFER COOLIDGE.  

• Wink 1
4 hours ago, Snazzy Daisy said:

Am starting to worry about the growing cast, TBH. This will lead to underdeveloped characters or underbaked plots or both.

Reportedly, it's going to be a longer season.  I liked it the length that it was so I'm not in love with the idea but that may be why there are so many characters.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

She says that the show’s creator Mike White has an idea for a future episode that would involve the Sullivans, as well as the newlywed couple from the Season 1, the Pattons, played by Alexandra Daddario and Jake Lacy.

“He (Mike White) did once say that he’d like to do an episode with Theo, me and the couple from the first season – Alex and Jake,” says Fahy. “The four of us on a boat. Just one episode of that.”

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

I just finished a trip to Thailand.

Hot, humid and sunny.

Suppose to be the driest time of the year.

Unfortunately, it's burning season for countries in the region so the skies are always hazy with smoke.  Real challenge for respiratory issues.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

Charlotte Le Bon (Falcon Lake) has joined Season 3 of HBO‘s The White Lotus in a role that is being recast. She is replacing Francesca Corney, who had been originally tapped for the part, sources close to production tell Deadline. HBO would not comment but we hear that the producers felt they needed someone who played older. Details regarding the character are being kept under wraps.

• Useful 1
On 3/27/2024 at 11:03 AM, AstridM said:

Is that Simon’s daughter?

No.   

"Le Bon was born in 1986 in Montreal, to Brigitte Paquette and Richard Le Bon.[6] Her mother and her stepfather, Frank Schorpion, are both actors. After studying visual arts, she began modelling at 16 years old[7] and left Canada when she was 19 to model overseas.[8]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlotte_Le_Bon

• Like 1
On 3/29/2024 at 10:40 AM, Pristine said:

No.   

"Le Bon was born in 1986 in Montreal, to Brigitte Paquette and Richard Le Bon.[6] Her mother and her stepfather, Frank Schorpion, are both actors. After studying visual arts, she began modelling at 16 years old[7] and left Canada when she was 19 to model overseas.[8]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlotte_Le_Bon

Thanks!