Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

The White Lotus in the Media

I realize it'll be at a different locale but I really hope they find someway to keep Belinda. She's the only character I'd want to see again.  Maybe Quinn to see what happened to him but no on else.   

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, I Want My MBTV said:

I realize it'll be at a different locale but I really hope they find someway to keep Belinda. She's the only character I'd want to see again.  Maybe Quinn to see what happened to him but no on else.   

Me too - when I read that it would have a new cast, I was thinking new guests at the same hotel because I want to see more of Belinda.

• Like 3

It looks like they are applying the “True Detective” approach to “The White Lotus.” I hope they come up with some better stories.  Season 1 was ok at best.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Me too - when I read that it would have a new cast, I was thinking new guests at the same hotel because I want to see more of Belinda.

Maybe she gets promoted to the head of spa services for the entire chain and makes at least a brief visit to the other location to train the spa staff in a new treatment or something like that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dminches said:

It looks like they are applying the “True Detective” approach to “The White Lotus.” I hope they come up with some better stories.  Season 1 was ok at best.

They need to make sure there’s an unidentified dead body in episode 1 to keep viewership up.

7 hours ago, Rickster said:

They need to make sure there’s an unidentified dead body in episode 1 to keep viewership up.

I don't think that will happen since season 2 is covering a different cast and story line.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Empress1 said:

That'd be OK with me, but I think "new guests at the same hotel" has been done under several iterations, from Love Boat to Fantasy Island. And I think there was actually a Love Boat/Fantasy Island type series about a hotel! With Connie Selleca? Some brain cells are firing and telling me that for some reason.

• Laugh 1

2 hours ago, Milburn Stone said:

And I think there was actually a Love Boat/Fantasy Island type series about a hotel! With Connie Selleca?

She was in "Hotel" 1983-1988 with James Brolin.

• Like 1

On 8/10/2021 at 12:17 PM, AzureOwl said:

Season 2 is a go.

It will feature a different location and cast,  as it will focus on a different hotel in the White Lotus chain. 

Dang they rushed this out and only produced 6 episodes.  But if it got the ratings, they probably want to do more.

I'm not sure any of the cast is particularly a big ratings draw, which is different than a star like Kate Winslet on Mare of Easttown or the stars of Big Little Lies, which HBO needed to do a second season.

I heard Andy Greenwald and Chris Ryan refer in The Watch podcast to the finale drawing huge ratings and critical raves.

OK, happy for them getting big ratings but the critical raves, I don't get.

Mike White put this together fast and they pretty much shot the first draft and the goal was to get it on the air as soon as they can, because there was a hole in the HBO schedule.

It shows, like they rushed it on telling the motivations of some of these characters, like Rachel, why would she be drawn to Shane and why would she stay with him?  That story could have been better told and if they had more time, maybe add a couple more episodes, they might have been able to tell some backstories of the characters.

It was fine to watch and I'll probably watch future seasons but it's not the first thing I'll be waiting for on HBO or other channels.  

At least it bought them time to get Succession season 3 finished and ready for the "fall."

• Like 2

Please help me with this part of the ending.....

Why would they be loading the body of the hotel manager on the plane the day after he was killed? Everything fell apart for me with this coincidence.

The coroner would still be holding the body at a minimum. My wife says they are sending the body back to where ever he is from and all planes go through Honolulu....

Even so....another remarkable coincidence that he ended up on the same flight.