Type keyword(s) to search

The Winchesters Anticipation

• Start Topic

23 minutes ago, MAK said:

Since Dean is obviously older, maybe it's when Mary first comes back and Sam is taken by the BMoL? He could be talking to Mary in the trailer. 

So, instead of looking for Sam, Dean decided to learn more about his parents....Well, at least that's better than hitting poor dogs.😁

Edited by Nick24
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

IMO The main reason Dean would want to uncover the truth is that he doesn't believe what he had known because of Chuck. It means that this is supposed to happen after defeating Chuck. This is impossible to be between 15.19 and 15.20 because of Sam, so more likely after 15.20. So, either Dean is in Heaven or Jensen and Robbie are going to show us something completely unexpected.

2 hours ago, MAK said:

The missin, IMO, should be somewhere when Sam is missing, held captive, in the cage, whatever. 

Since Dean is obviously older, maybe it's when Mary first comes back and Sam is taken by the BMoL? He could be talking to Mary in the trailer. The only thing that doesn't mesh with that is the old license plate on the Imapla. 

IMO, if it takes place when the brothers are together in canon, than it doesn't make any sense for Dean to be alone in this quest. 

I'm really curious about it now.

The thing is, if the mission or framework of the whole show is about Dean needing to know about his parents in order to find Sam then there's going to be even more outcry over JP not being involved from the beginning or given an Exec producer credit etc. IMHO best stick fairly clear of Sam stories until/unless JP does guest narration one day "so I was telling my son about his grandparents and it got me wondering what was the real truth...." They could even start to play with unreliable narrator that way with Sam "imagining" his parents doing something. 

I wouldn't necessarily mind if it was set before Dean died but then "knowing the real story" didn't change anything for the better. 

I doubt they're going to make the framing device and Dean's appearances too complicated because he isn't the story and Jensen is busy on other shows but I agree, it's definitely getting more curious than what I thought originally. Which was basically a mash up version of HIMYM/Young Sheldon and "old Bilbo" and Frodo's 2 minutes in the Hobbit. Even though he wasn't there. 

I imagine that this show will become a sub forum here since it hasn't got it's own yet? 

• Like 1

I expect he is in Heaven and he finds out something there which makes him want to learn more about his parents past and which also makes sense to me since I would never in a million years imagine Dean Winchester just/simply "driving around" or "visiting" people from his past for long.

And Sam's not with him because Sam is living his life on earth, just as Dean hoped and wanted and wished for him at the end.

I'm completely okay with that scenario and I'll love, love, LOVE! it even if we get to see just snippets of him, here and there, in Heaven.

As for that voice over, that could be inserted out of anywhere, tbh, and doesn't even have to have been said to Dean.

They've done that many times in the past with the mothership's promos. 

I'm even more excited to see The Winchesters now and get some of the answers to just these questions, not to mention so many others. 

They have set the stage extremely well, IMO, and it does appear that no few out there are at least curious about this show.

3 hours ago, Nick24 said:

Well, for some reason Dean doesn't seem happy or relieved. He looks worried. Apparently, wherever he is, this isn't all sunshine and rainbows. 

And the weather is not all sunshine and rainbows which works for me also because it will never make sense to me that Dean's Heaven would be that way.

He said it once upon a time ago-helping people is his "peace", so another "hunt" while he was apparently "waiting" for Sam to get to Heaven would fit Dean's character much better to me than the complete non-story for him that we got from Andre Badd at the end of things. 

Edited by Myrelle
  • Like 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Nick24 said:

So, instead of looking for Sam, Dean decided to learn more about his parents....Well, at least that's better than hitting poor dogs.😁

Maybe as part of saving Sam? I'm obviously not that creative to come up with something that's interesting and makes sense. 😊

Like I said, I just (personally) don't want to have it post 15.20. But we'll get what we get.🤷‍♀️

I thought it doesn't include Sam's son Dean because that character might be "owned" by Dabb? I don't know how these things work, but even if WB/CW whoever owns all of it, they might have to credit Dabb or something? And Jensen doesn't want anything to do with him?

That's why I keep thinking (and hoping) it is not post 15.20. Maybe between 19 and 20 however that works.

13 minutes ago, Myrelle said:

And the weather is not all sunshine and rainbows which works for me also because it will never make sense to me that Dean's Heaven would be that way.

He said it once upon a time ago-helping people is his "peace", so another "hunt" while he was apparently "waiting" for Sam to get to Heaven would fit Dean's character much better to me than the complete non-story for him that we got from Andre Badd at the end of things. 

I completely agree. That is why I hated that whole crap in 15.20 about Dean's driving. Dean just cannot have peace doing nothing. He just can't. F*ck Dabb/Singer for that.

I am just saying that it seems to me like Dean has some reason to uncover the truth. IMO That's why he looks kinda worried. Something else must be going on. I really can't wait. 

Edited by Nick24
  • Like 1
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, MAK said:

Maybe as part of saving Sam? I'm obviously not that creative to come up with something that's interesting and makes sense. 😊

Like I said, I just (personally) don't want to have it post 15.20. But we'll get what we get.🤷‍♀️

I honestly hope that it doesn't become All About Sam again and some more, one more time which is why I'm fine with Dean thinking Sam is living the life he wanted on earth.

If he later learns that Sam wasn't actually that happy without his brother by his side-fine-but that would likely be the start of another story, not the story of John and Mary before the Pilot-which is what The Winchesters is about and that it has little to do with Sam only adds to the appeal for me, tbh.

• Like 3
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Myrelle said:

I honestly hope that it doesn't become All About Sam again and some more, one more time which is why I'm fine with Dean thinking Sam is living the life he wanted on earth.

I will really break my TV for any "All About Sam" story. No. No. NOOOO!!!

• Like 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Myrelle said:

Yeah, I don't want it to be all about Sam either. Unfortunately, most of the time, Sam's well being has always been Dean's motivation. 

11 minutes ago, MAK said:

I thought it doesn't include Sam's son Dean because that character might be "owned" by Dabb? I don't know how these things work, but even if WB/CW whoever owns all of it, they might have to credit Dabb or something? And Jensen doesn't want anything to do with him?

AFAIK They would have to pay Dabb for using his character.

6 minutes ago, MAK said:

Unfortunately, most of the time, Sam's well being has always been Dean's motivation. 

This is the biggest tragedy of Dean's life. Dean always cares about Sam's and his other family members'/friends' well-being. The only person whose well-being Dean didn't care about is his own. Not to mention that that supposed family didn't give a f*ck about Dean's well-being either.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, MAK said:

That's why I keep thinking (and hoping) it is not post 15.20. Maybe between 19 and 20 however that works.

Your first paragraph makes total sense to me and, hopefully, we will never, ever, ever have to see that kid for that very reason, but the only way I can see the Dean we were given at the end of the series as being ok w/o Sam by his side is if he feels that Sam is truly happy somewhere else because I DO feel that that part of the dysfunctional brotherly relationship was obliterated with the finale that we got, and this, even as crappy as the execution of it was.

And honestly?-I hope Jensen feels the same so that this

12 minutes ago, MAK said:

Yeah, I don't want it to be all about Sam either. Unfortunately, most of the time, Sam's well being has always been Dean's motivation. 

becomes less of a thing if they wind up going forward with anything else SPN related-which, again, honestly?-I'm still not interested in yet, unless it's to undo Dabb's crappy ending w/o bringing an appearance by Sam's offspring into it.

I would absolutely loathe that above all things and in all honesty.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Myrelle said:

becomes less of a thing if they wind up going forward with anything else SPN related-which, again, honestly?-I'm still not interested in yet, unless it's to undo Dabb's crappy ending w/o bringing an appearance by Sam's offspring into it.

That'd be great. I imagine Jensen and Robbie taking all the scripts of S12-15, putting in one place, salting and setting on fire. I'd love to participate in that party. Or at least salt&burn 15.20. The problem is Jared Padalecki who won't be happy with that, becuase he's in love with Dabb's garbage.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Myrelle said:

only way I can see the Dean we were given at the end of the series as being ok w/o Sam by his side is if he feels that Sam is truly happy somewhere else because I DO feel that that part of the dysfunctional brotherly relationship was obliterated with the finale that we got, and this, even as crappy as the execution of it was.

IA, it was real growth for Dean, and I don't want to see it undone. 

But, at the same time, I have to accept that the Dean I fell for was the way he was because of the whole dysfunctional dynamic with Sam (and John). So I also have to accept that he continuously puts Sam first, whether I want him to or not.

I think if they were going to bring Sam's son into it then they'd have just started developing a show about him. It's not like Legacies type shows haven't happened on the CW. JP seemed interested in one happening during Walker promo IIRC and he might have actually assumed that that would be the SPN project that Jensen was developing. 

Since Jared is not involved and no one felt the need to consult him I doubt they have any plans to make it All About Sam.

I think the WB owns all the rights to Supernatural's characters. IIRC they didn't actually need Kripke's permission but wanted his blessing anyway. The most Dabb would likely get would be royalties for creating the character in the first place and maybe a "character created by" credit. 

I doubt they're going to change the ending at least in a potential "prime timeline" but they might play with it in alternative ways. 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, MAK said:

IA, it was real growth for Dean, and I don't want to see it undone. 

But, at the same time, I have to accept that the Dean I fell for was the way he was because of the whole dysfunctional dynamic with Sam (and John). So I also have to accept that he continuously puts Sam first, whether I want him to or not.

How would it be undone if it's set after Heaven?  If anything that would confirm that growth, I would think.  He's in heaven, Sam's not around, but he's found himself something else to do that isn't about Sam.

If he grew, then he can do stuff without Sam and without Sam motivating it.

And ugh, I hate Dabb for Sam's son.  I'm convinced he did that just because then he thought he was making it so that the only possible way forward with any future stories was to make it about Sam's son which a) would get him money because it's his character and b) because he named the kid Dean and that way Dean Winchester would not longer be "unique" and Sam's kid would be the "new better Dean" using the excuse he was named in "honor" of Dean (and c) Sam's line would be the future of the Winchester family)

Edited by tessathereaper
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, MAK said:

But not for 15 seasons. Character growth who?

That's why I'm kinda attached to S10, because it seems to me that Dean started to feel that he was a worthy human being, who deserved more than being Sam's guard - his confession in 10.16, talking about taking time off in 10.18. Even in 11.11 he was listening to Mildred about ''living a long and happy life''. Isn't that tragic that only being turned into a demon, having God's curse managed to wake some self-worth in Dean?

Anyway, then Dabb undid everything. Screw him.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, tessathereaper said:

How would it be undone if it's set after Heaven?

It would be undone if it was "all about Sam." 

And, no matter the found family, I can't see Dean being that upset over anyone but Sam. So if it is even peripherally about "saving Sam," I would rather have it take place before Heaven.

4 minutes ago, MAK said:

It would be undone if it was "all about Sam." 

And, no matter the found family, I can't see Dean being that upset over anyone but Sam. So if it is even peripherally about "saving Sam," I would rather have it take place before Heaven.

But you were the one who said it would have to be about Sam to make sense?  I'm confused.  But I don't think it needs to be about him in either place, Heaven or Earth.  Dean always managed to find motivations when Sam wasn't around so I've never believed he never had any interest in anything other than Sam.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Nick24 said:

Could we have at least one story All About Dean? Pleeeeeeaaase!!!

Not in The Winchesters.  He supposedly hasn't been born yet.

I have an idea of how I might reset the whole show:

Dean (in heaven) finds out that Mary wasn't supposed to be killed by Azazel way back when.  Maybe he starts looking into it because he feels guilty (remember, Dean visiting the past is the reason Azazel found Mary in the first place.)  So--he starts to check into things and finds that John and Mary had been hunters together long before they met in his timeline, and somehow, they were reset/mind wiped which changed all of their pasts/futures.

So he goes back to the beginning of their "real" meeting, and has to follow along to see where/how things changed, so he can set things right again.  That way, Mary isn't killed, John doesn't become obsessed, and he and Sam can grow up in a "happy" hunting family (all the Campbells seem to have families and not be too screwed up.)  

That would seem the perfect ending for Dean--having his family together, Sam could grow up "normal" (for a hunter, that is) and Dean wouldn't have had to become mother and father to Sam at all.   SPN would have become an AU, and Dean could have a happy ending--maybe even a family of his own.  The show could end with everyone in heaven, surrounded by multiple generations of Winchesters.  😀

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

Not in The Winchesters.  He supposedly hasn't been born yet.

I have an idea of how I might reset the whole show:

Dean (in heaven) finds out that Mary wasn't supposed to be killed by Azazel way back when.  Maybe he starts looking into it because he feels guilty (remember, Dean visiting the past is the reason Azazel found Mary in the first place.)  So--he starts to check into things and finds that John and Mary had been hunters together long before they met in his timeline, and somehow, they were reset/mind wiped which changed all of their pasts/futures.

So he goes back to the beginning of their "real" meeting, and has to follow along to see where/how things changed, so he can set things right again.  That way, Mary isn't killed, John doesn't become obsessed, and he and Sam can grow up in a "happy" hunting family (all the Campbells seem to have families and not be too screwed up.)  

That would seem the perfect ending for Dean--having his family together, Sam could grow up "normal" (for a hunter, that is) and Dean wouldn't have had to become mother and father to Sam at all.   SPN would have become an AU, and Dean could have a happy ending--maybe even a family of his own.  The show could end with everyone in heaven, surrounded by multiple generations of Winchesters.  😀

Oh wow. That would get a huge amount of criticism, but I would sort of love it - a way to give them what they should have had all along, before Chuck and his minions started mucking around with them. Especially if they confirm the other universe still exists as an AU, so they aren't retconning Sam's kid out of existence, just creating a different possibility. 

Edited by Aithne
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, tessathereaper said:

How would it be undone if it's set after Heaven?  If anything that would confirm that growth, I would think.  He's in heaven, Sam's not around, but he's found himself something else to do that isn't about Sam.

If he grew, then he can do stuff without Sam and without Sam motivating it.

Yes, this is how I would see it too AND it's still a familial story, which keeps Dean in character-because it wasn't always just and only Sam that motivated Dean, IMO; to me it was family, first and foremost, for Dean.

The dysfunction was a negative outgrowth of that love and if we could do away with that in at least the prequel, I'll take it and always hope that it would continue if there's ever a reboot so that we could get a Dean who loves himself as much as his family and wants more for himself and not just for his family.

That would be down the road, though,  but as Tessa says here, it could be yet another start towards that if Dean has found something to sink his teeth into in Heaven that didn't involve pining for Sam, first and foremost-which yes, I too had hoped with all hope that we'd been heading for until, yes, Dabb doubled down on it once again(but notice-only for Dean through that ridiculous self-negating speech that he gave to Sam in that equally ridiculous series finale).

The new beginning of any growth for Dean could actually be seen again with his attention being more focused on perhaps a matter that might have affected his entire family, through John and Mary's beginning, and not strictly and only on Sam and Sam's future this time around.

So that's what I'm hoping(and I'm hoping Jensen sees it this way also) that we'll get with The Winchesters.

The original tagline was quoted in this latest promo-saving people, hunting things-so that is what I personally think Jensen is going to go for as the main motivating factor in the prequel-less Sam, Sam, Sam, but still with hunting as the true Winchester legacy-which I've always, always loved about Dean, from the very beginning, and more than anything else, tbh.

Six weeks more and we'll have at least some answers.

Edited by Myrelle
  • Love 4
39 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

Maybe he starts looking into it because he feels guilty (remember, Dean visiting the past is the reason Azazel found Mary in the first place.)  

That motivation sounds interesting. Maybe they could tie it somehow to Dean's eyes bleeding in Bloody Mary. Yes, I'm bitter that they dropped it. 

1 hour ago, Featherhat said:

I think if they were going to bring Sam's son into it then they'd have just started developing a show about him. It's not like Legacies type shows haven't happened on the CW. JP seemed interested in one happening during Walker promo IIRC and he might have actually assumed that that would be the SPN project that Jensen was developing. 

Since Jared is not involved and no one felt the need to consult him I doubt they have any plans to make it All About Sam.

I think the WB owns all the rights to Supernatural's characters. IIRC they didn't actually need Kripke's permission but wanted his blessing anyway. The most Dabb would likely get would be royalties for creating the character in the first place and maybe a "character created by" credit. 

I doubt they're going to change the ending at least in a potential "prime timeline" but they might play with it in alternative ways. 

Badd was too petty and too hateful. A spin-off might have gone forward if they both had kids, very likely one a son and one a daughter. Or even more kids. But since they wanted to make sure Dean had no legacy in the end, that didn’t fly. I mean you could retcon it into Dean having a kid but that would look wonky.

Also even then it is a big if. I remember when the show Grimm ended, it had a final scene about the grown up kids now fighting monsters and I thought for sure this would be a neat set-up for a sequel but that never materialized. 

As for the Winchesters, I try not to overthink it at the moment in terms of the framing device. I'm sure Jensen and everyone wants the meat to be on Mary and John and not have it overshadowed by whatever Dean solves/wants to find out. I'm curious myself - and if it retcons the hell out of the horrible ending, go for it - but I think the focus should be on John, Mary and the new characters.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

But you were the one who said it would have to be about Sam to make sense?

I'm sorry, I didn't write it well.

I meant, that if it is about "saving Sam," then I hope it is set in any time in SPN, when it was always about "saving Sam," for Dean.

Dean always managed to find motivations when Sam wasn't around so I've never believed he never had any interest in anything other than Sam.

Yes, Dean was always abiut the saving people part of their family business. And though he put himself last, he only sacrificed himself for Sam, not even Mary. 

I want Dean to be at peace in Heaven knowing Sam's safe. Why does he have to disrupt his peace, to save anyone again? Didn't he deserve his reward? 

(I probably am still not writing this well, sorry.)

38 minutes ago, Myrelle said:

That would be down the road, though,  but as Tessa says here, it could be yet another start towards that if Dean has found something to sink his teeth into in Heaven that didn't involve pining for Sam, first and foremost-which yes, I too had hoped with all hope that we'd been heading for until, yes, Dabb doubled down on it once again(but notice-only for Dean through that ridiculous self-negating speech that he gave to Sam in that equally ridiculous series finale).

Actually that Dean's speech made Sam look horrible. Truly horrible. Sam was the one who let his brother say that sh*t. Sam was the one who couldn't be bothered to comfort his dying brother. Sam was the one who couldn't be bothered to say anything on his brother's funeral (compare with Sam's own words in 13.01 on Castiel's/Kelly's funeral). So, once again Sam was being a self-centered dick who cared only about his own feelings. Well, apparently Dabb/Singer/JP didn't see it that way. But, of course, it doesn't make the things better for this viewer anyway. 

• Applause 2
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, MAK said:

Yes, Dean was always abiut the saving people part of their family business. And though he put himself last, he only sacrificed himself for Sam, not even Mary. 

Dean sacrificed his own well-being, any chance of a peaceful life for the sake of helping people. This is much more important and admirable than making demon deals (2.22) or committing suicide (11.17) IMO.

Edited by Nick24
16 minutes ago, MAK said:

I want Dean to be at peace in Heaven knowing Sam's safe. Why does he have to disrupt his peace, to save anyone again? Didn't he deserve his reward? 

I don`t think it`s much of a reward. It looked mind-numbingly boring and empty. That`s not exactly peace in my eyes. Or rather happiness. Not for him.  And if he just waits around for Sam, that`s even worse. If he does at least something else instead that he takes an interest in, anything beyond waiting like a pet for its owner to get home, I`ll take that. 

• Applause 3
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Myrelle said:

As for that voice over, that could be inserted out of anywhere, tbh, and doesn't even have to have been said to Dean.

@Lastcall mentioned that ET said that that line was said to Dean, although I don't know it ET are just taking the trailer at face value or if they have confirmation from somewhere. If it's the former then it might well have nothing to do with Dean at all. Because yeah, promos be deliberately misleading all the time. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Featherhat said:

@Lastcall mentioned that ET said that that line was said to Dean, although I don't know it ET are just taking the trailer at face value or if they have confirmation from somewhere. If it's the former then it might well have nothing to do with Dean at all. Because yeah, promos be deliberately misleading all the time. 

I read that article and I honestly think that they just took it at face value.

My feeling is that it's more likely a line between John and his mother.

Just a guess, though.

Edited by Myrelle
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, Myrelle said:

Just a guess, though.

Agreed. I think they are mistaken. 

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

If he does at least something else instead that he takes an interest in, anything beyond waiting like a pet for its owner to get home, I`ll take that. 

Unfortunately, that parallel describes much of Sam's attitude toward Dean.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Myrelle said:

Just a guess, though.

Yeah, I know they aren't Newsweek or the Washington Post, but ET had the exclusive and I hope they got that information when they made the deal. I thought the let the past die line was from John's mother, but the ET article changed that...maybe Dean is talking to his grandmother in Heaven? From everything I've seen and the theories I've read, I think Dean's part of this takes place in heaven. Something is wrong there and Dean is trying to fix it (the Angel power thing wasn't fixed, Jack didn't do a great job, Chuck left traps...something). To fix it he has to find out what really happened. Maybe he is using the Samulet to find Jack. He voices over some of his discoveries and makes appearances "from time to time". The end game is Dean finds out what is wrong and saves Heaven for when Sam gets to the bridge.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

I think the theory that something is amiss in Heaven and it involves his parents who have a "cabin over there" according to Bobby. Dean is determined to set things right and in order to do so, has to go back to the beginning of their relationship. I would therefore not see any reason for having Jack, Sam or Cas be part of the investigation. Dean would assume that Sam was having a good life on earth and Jack is a hands-off "God" according to what he said before leaving earth, so wouldn't be helping Dean in Heaven. The story would focus, as it should, on John and Mary's story. Like others, I can't see the Dean Winchester who could never be still, just driving Baby around until his brother appears. He would have to keep busy if Heaven is a place where you find happiness. If his parents need his help, that would become a mission for Dean.

2 minutes ago, FlickChick said:

I think the theory that something is amiss in Heaven and it involves his parents who have a "cabin over there" according to Bobby. Dean is determined to set things right and in order to do so, has to go back to the beginning of their relationship. I would therefore not see any reason for having Jack, Sam or Cas be part of the investigation. Dean would assume that Sam was having a good life on earth and Jack is a hands-off "God" according to what he said before leaving earth, so wouldn't be helping Dean in Heaven. The story would focus, as it should, on John and Mary's story. Like others, I can't see the Dean Winchester who could never be still, just driving Baby around until his brother appears. He would have to keep busy if Heaven is a place where you find happiness. If his parents need his help, that would become a mission for Dean.

Maybe Dean didn't make it to heaven right off the bat. He dies in the barn and goes to trailer world (which would explain the dreariness). He meets others that are stuck in this limbo (grandmother). He has to find a way to get everyone trapped into heaven and the only way is to find out what happened to his parents. When he saves everyone...he goes to Heaven and says he made it. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, Nick24 said:

IMO The main reason Dean would want to uncover the truth is that he doesn't believe what he had known because of Chuck. It means that this is supposed to happen after defeating Chuck. This is impossible to be between 15.19 and 15.20 because of Sam, so more likely after 15.20. So, either Dean is in Heaven or Jensen and Robbie are going to show us something completely unexpected.

I think there is a reason that Jared isn't in on the plan.  I don't see the story involving what we already know, but a tease of something that we don't expect.

The story will be/should be involving Mary and John.  How it ties into the original may be open ending so they have plenty of wiggle room before it happens. 

Jared got what he wanted when Supernatural ended.  Notice Jensen has been very careful any time he reflects about the ending.  He's never said it is awful because he does want Jared's fans to tune in.  Also he wants new fans to tune in.  If it goes back to hunting and saving people and the rich history prior to the Dabb years, I suspect it will interest more viewers. 

While it is fun to try to guess, I wouldn't be to attached to anything yet.  But I would trust that Jensen will have a spin on why Jared/Sam isn't involved. 

For now, we can have fun playing with the WHY.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
4 hours ago, 7kstar said:

Jared got what he wanted when Supernatural ended. 

This pisses me off. Jared's fans have been blaming Jensen for creating the prequel without Jared because ''SPN legacy belongs to both of them''. + Jared's own nasty twitter comments last year. At the same time, neither Jared nor most of his fans were interested in that statement when it came to 15.20. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, 7kstar said:

Jared got what he wanted when Supernatural ended.  Notice Jensen has been very careful any time he reflects about the ending. 

And Jared did seem to fet exactly what he wanted.  It very much seemed that Jared was very ready to say goodbye to Sam Winchester and move tf on. He didn't bring up reunions, reboots, prequels, about SPN unless specifically asked. And Sam's ending was a blank slate -- Dean dies, and Sam lives for 30-40 years, doing what? If there was more SPN,  Jared probably envisioned one with Sam (maybe)  and his son, with maybe a cameo of Dean in flashbacks or seances or something. So there couldn't be a continuation of SPN without him.

Jensen, however, would mention something about "this is a pause," "we're just putting stuff in the closet," "this is the end, for now," and on and on. He did not seem at all ready to say goodbye to Dean.

And I can't imagine that Jensen and Jared did not have conversations during the final season about the future of SPN. From JP's immediate jump into Walker, it seems more than likely that he told JA that he wanted to put SPN behind and look forward to new things. That would give JA enough of a reason to develop something that didn't include JP. But then, JP changed his mind, and what happened, happened? Sigh....

Also, I have nothing against Jared, I'm glad he's building the WalkerVerse, and is happy. Good for him.

To me, what is sad about Jared's fans is that they really think Jared was harmed in not being included.  I could get upset that Jared supposedly said he wanted Jensen to star in Walker and then decided to do it himself.

What is really true?  I suspect since Jared is constantly dealing with depression that he doesn't remember any conversations.  Jensen could have expressed the idea thinking out loud and he totally never heard or remembered it.  I can give him this slack.  His attack on twitter, no, that was poor taste on his part.

Also, if Jared is smart, he won't attack Jensen because who knows what other opportunities might come up if he supports his friend instead of attacking him?  

Blacklisting is really real and Jared has the personality to get blacklisted.  He's fine as long as Walker keeps going, but if it starts to fail viewership. Well, the CW might not be a safe space for shows anymore.  I tried Walker and nope, it's not for me.  But I'm not a big fan of Jared's acting to begin with.

Don't know how many actors/actress couldn't get work because they were deemed hard to work with.  People aren't watching shows in the same way they did, so if the show has to pull a profit..., I don't know if any CW shows have really high ratings. 

If I can watch the show for free, I will, but I'm not going to pay for HBO max.  Since I have to wait to watch it, I won't count for ratings.   

• Love 3
20 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

Must be heaven, in 15 years of the show, no matter what happened, I can never remember  his hair being so tousled. Haha.

This might be the wind playing with Demon!Dean's hair...

Edited by Nick24
3 hours ago, 7kstar said:

His attack on twitter, no, that was poor taste on his part.

Also, if Jared is smart, he won't attack Jensen because who knows what other opportunities might come up if he supports his friend instead of attacking him?  

It's not that he only attacked Jensen. He also publicly insulted the writer. IMO Jared should have publicly apologized to Robbie. He never did IIRC.

Edited by Nick24
  • Like 2
  • Love 4
On 8/27/2022 at 7:39 AM, Aeryn13 said:

Must be heaven, in 15 years of the show, no matter what happened, I can never remember  his hair being so tousled. Haha.

I figured it was more tousled because he had to keep it a certain length because of Beau.  The spiking will look messier because of the length.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1