Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E02: The Blue Ball

• Start Topic

(edited)

Oooh when Jiggly finds out how Ginger voted, it won't be pretty, but I see where she was coming from. Yara didn't really deserve to be in the bottom.  I would have picked Trinity, those Crossing Guard shoes alone were a crime, but she really pulled it out last minute with her Cinderella story. When a DIY challenge look is better than the ones the queen spent time and money on, I'm always shocked.

I agreed with the choices for top three. They all turned out some amazing looks and fierce walks to go with them.  Ra'jah's final look was impeccable.  She deserved that win.

Edited by 7-Zark-7
  • Love 4

Hmmm.

I don't see why Trinity would feel some kind of way for Yara's vote when everyone else voted for Serena to go.  Don't take it personal!

I thought the whole Ball was supposed to be blue colored garments.  "Blue Betta Work" had a whole lot of yellow crossing guards and construction workers.  Trinity looked ridiculous in that first outfit. She is lucky that the Cinderella dress pushed her to safety!

I am also glad that Yara put those tittys away. Don't wear them every episode, girl.  

Ra'jah won the Blue Ball and got the $20,000 tip!  Well deserved.  Much love to the Queen of the North!  Those dips looked sloppy though. Alright Brooke, you are too talented for sloppy dips.

• Love 4

I understand why it was an impressively constructed garment.  However, I admit I just didn't care for Ra'jah's outfit.  I didn't like the way it sat on her upper body and thought it looked exactly like the material it was made from, pretty well unadorned.  Oh well.  Last time around I often liked her looks but not her attitude.  Now that her energy is much more positive, I look forward to what she'll continue to offer.

I also liked Pandora on her first season.  All Stars 1 was a letdown, naturally, so I've been excite to see what she does.  She got very little time this episode, which I guess is always a hazard in the early weeks and isn't always a predictor that they won't take off.  Her last look was very different from what I remember and I'm looking to more of that too.

I'm sorry Jiggly has gone, although it's tough to argue with the decision.  Maybe whatever the bring-em-back twist is will be another good opportunity for her.  It was nice that Alisa Summers got a mention, although Ru pronounced her name wrong.  I haven't thought of her in years.  She seldom posts online but regularly performed at her home club in Tampa until it closed during COVID.  A different lip-sync and maybe we'd be talking about Alisa's ball looks instead of Jiggly's tonight.

21 hours ago, Stardancer Supreme said:

I don't see why Trinity would feel some kind of way for Yara's vote when everyone else voted for Serena to go.  Don't take it personal!

Well, to be fair, if Yara had won the lip sync then Trinity would have been eliminated (pending whatever redemption plans they have).  Plus, it is never fun being the first person out.  It's a good thing Coco was lip syncing and the other girls had Trinity's back.  Unfortunately for Serena, the odds were not in her favor.

On 6/25/2021 at 9:51 AM, Stardancer Supreme said:

I thought the whole Ball was supposed to be blue colored garments.  "Blue Betta Work" had a whole lot of yellow crossing guards and construction workers.

I assume that as part of the outfits they were told to bring was something 'blue collar' and not specifically that it had to be blue AND that most of them thought it would be part of a mini challenge because some of those looks were very low key . . . (not you Eureka, that crossing guard was STUNNING.)  But the final looks that Ra'Jah, Trinity and Scarlett put together were excellent - I was quite surprised that Scarlett wasn't in the top with that gorgeous gown with Ra'Jah and Eureka.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, TallulahBelle said:

I assume that as part of the outfits they were told to bring was something 'blue collar' and not specifically that it had to be blue AND that most of them thought it would be part of a mini challenge because some of those looks were very low key . . . (not you Eureka, that crossing guard was STUNNING.)  But the final looks that Ra'Jah, Trinity and Scarlett put together were excellent - I was quite surprised that Scarlett wasn't in the top with that gorgeous gown with Ra'Jah and Eureka.

Jan was robbed 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
(edited)
6 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Jan was robbed 

Yeah I’m not watching this because I refuse to pay for yet another streaming service, but I’ve seen pictures. I don’t get why Jan & Scarlett weren’t in the top. I thought rajah & Eureka we’re both just ok relative to them. I mean Rajah made a cocktail dress. Scarlett made a damn GOWN. Who else was on top?

I also thought some other girls could have been in the bottom (ahem, Silky)

Edited by heckkitty
  • Love 1

I thought RaJah looked good, and it was boring. I liked Kylie the best, but I'm really liking her in general so I may be a bit blinded. 

Eureka reminded me what the origin of my dislike for her is during her chat with Ru. I feel like she's A Big Girl first and a person/entertainer second. More than that, I sometimes get the vibe she thinks she's a pioneer or trailblazer and she's teaching me something, but, like, this show has a history of talented plus size queens (why is Darienne Lake not on AS?). To me she's a combination of dismissive of others and arrogant, in ways her talent doesn't support. Her third look was too short in a way that didn't look good, imho, whether or not it's bold for her to wear something like that at her size. 

I was pleasantly shocked Yara survived. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Some thoughts: 

Scarlett has been robbed both episodes - She could have won either one of them

Rajah - seems to have her rudemption done and dusted. I did not like her in S11 (oh at all) but well done to her so far

Yara - huge fan of hers from S3 - happy for her win in Ep 1 but was a bit cocky cuckoo in Episode 2 . Should not have been in the bottom though (should have been SNG vs Jiggly)

Pandora - huge fan of hers in general but she's been invisible so far despite placing Top3 last episode. 

Eureka - do not mind her at all and am touched by her tribute to her mum last ep (yeah her mum passed just after S10 and she seems to have matured alot since then). 

I wonder if this twist / game within a game is any different from the usual All Star queen returning mid-season?

Edited by Wonderlad71
spelling
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Wonderlad71 said:

Pandora - huge fan of hers in general but she's been invisible so far despite placing Top3 last episode.

Yeah she barely had any screen time and that makes me worry a bit. I am a big fan of hers, but she almost looks like she is so uncomfortable being there. 

The Season 11 queens have really stepped it up as I don't dislike any of them really. Scarlett looks so good this season compared to before. Of course, it could be editing and Silky may be as annoying as ever but I'm enjoying the queens so far.

• Love 2

ITA about Rajah's blue dress, I really liked it. I also liked Yara's & am annoyed she was on the bottom. I love that she is her kooky loud self but backs it up with some real skills.

I would like to see more of Kylie Sonique & Pandora tho. 

Only the second episode in & it just feels so blaaahhhh.