Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E17: Ritchie Torres; John Kasich; Chris Matthews

• Start Topic

FYI Mr Torres: we have Social Security for seniors because we have PAID into it our entire working lives. Not the same at ALL as the freebie you want to give people just because they have children. If you can’t afford them don’t have them or maybe think about moving from a place like New York City with exorbitant rents. I was not a fan of this guy. 

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, chediavolo said:

I was not a fan of this guy. 

Moreover, I'm guessing Bill brought him on because he concurs with Bill about Israel -- maybe one of a handful of Democrat lawmakers who do. 

I enjoyed seeing Chris Matthews. I can understand why MSNBC gave him the boot, but Matthews is fine in small doses. 

While I hardly sympathize with the rioters at the Capitol on 1/6, I found Bill's mid-show bit about the MAGA disguise (with the mullet wig and fake meth-teeth) excessively elitist and cruel, even for him. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Again Bill tries to bring up the problem of voter suppression by the GQP, and these two “reasonable “ republicans poo poo it.  Oh don’t worry, “reasonable republicans “ will win, only those that love helping people should win, blah blah blah.  Again not addressing the problem of what is actually happening. Bill is right that the current GQP doesn’t want to help the country, they only want power.

Kasich couldn’t win an election in any “red” state, but he could delude enough Dems to win somewhere like New York or Massachusetts and then he’d go along with whatever a GQP legislature tells him to do.  

Both he and Matthews don’t understand that the GQP is running the Republican Party and are thisclose to running the country again.

And Bill, Biden isn’t asking the lower middle class and poor to pay taxes for upper middle class college.  He wants corporations and the rich to pay for it.  They usually get the benefit from educated employees so make them pay.

plus, it’s only community college, 2 years  that aren’t too expensive for many people, but still out of reach for others.

finally the reason the Dems like education is the same reason you demonstrated in your mid-show bit, they usually vote democratic.

Edited by Hanahope
  • Love 13

Moreover, I'm guessing Bill brought him on because he concurs with Bill about Israel -- maybe one of a handful of Democrat lawmakers who do. 

This is the second week in a row Bill's had an interview guest solely for the purpose of propping up his own opinion. It's such a bad look on him. I simply don't understand what his bugaboo is about this all of a sudden. Images of Gaza were circulating all over social media and now Bill has his back up. Guess what Bill? You can support Israel and the Palestinians at the same time! It doesn't have to be one or the other.

• Love 5

I half agreed with Bill's rant on college. I spent decades training 23 year olds 90% of their new job without any option to move into those jobs myself because my own degree was not in the right area. Not every job requires a bachelor's degree, either. But it is an easy way to screen applicants. 

I have a soft spot for Chris Matthews. John Kasich was awful though. I hate it when politicians hammer away at their talking points no matter where the conversation goes.  For some reason I thought he was better than that but I guess not.

• Love 3

But bill’s rant on college was all over the place. He starts out complaining that Biden wants to make it free, which is incorrect.  Biden wants to make community college free.

then he complains about the high cost of college and lavish conditions.  That is mostly in private colleges that most people don’t go to w/o a scholarship or rich parents.  If middle class parents let their kids go to those paying full freight (with loans) they are stupid.  

there are plenty of affordable colleges, yes mostly state schools, that even if you need a loan, won’t be huge debt.  

yes not every job needs a degree, but the employer is more likely to get someone who can think critically if they have a college degree, plus a bit more well rounded and exposed to different people.

but plenty of good paying jobs can be had w/o college, like the trades, which have their own education.

• Love 1

Good lord, does Kasich ever shut his pie hole? I would have liked to hear more from Matthews, but JK wouldn't close his fat maw. Whenever he started pontificating, which seemed like at least 10 times, I had to hit the FF. He's like nails on a blackboard. Insufferable. 

• Love 5

“Skool iz fuh loozuhz!” says Bill, the right wing asswipe who graduated from Cornel. He seems to be deliberately driving away intelligent people. If he thinks that’s a winning strategy, well bless his precious, little ignorant heart!

John Kasich is a knob. And Chris Matthews isn’t much better, IMHO. But Bill the sexist misogynist loves him his sexual harassing assholes, so you knew Matthews would find a way to crawl onto his show.

And the crawl towards laughing stock irrelevance continues for Bill!

• Love 9
19 hours ago, Hanahope said:

But bill’s rant on college was all over the place. He starts out complaining that Biden wants to make it free, which is incorrect.  Biden wants to make community college free.

Bill also ignored the fact that Biden is advocating for free vocational and tech training as well as community college.  The President's goal is to educate and/or train our country's future white AND blue collar workers.  

• Love 9
(edited)
On 6/5/2021 at 10:56 AM, DoctorAtomic said:

Didn't Bill go to Cornell? 

Yes. After getting rejected by Berkeley...

Edited by wknt3
  • LOL 5
On 6/11/2021 at 3:55 PM, Tachi Rocinante said:

Kasich wasn't that bad, He just kept referring to his past efforts/successes, which didn't really add much to the discussion. Matthews appeared to be choosing his words more carefully than usual.

But Kasich is like Manchin.  Doesn’t realize that past success is meaningless in the current GQP culture.

• Love 1