Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E13: A Little Harmless Stalking

The back half of this season has given me already a lof of wanted I had hoped to see.

I loved Amenedeal's conversation with Ella. Girl need to hear that.

Poor Maze-she can't bear the fact that Eve could die (she's mortal, I guess, as long as she's' on earth, I guess).  Why do I get the feeling Maze will chose to be human by the time the season's over?

• Love 1
(edited)

Didn't Linda's daughter commit quite a few crimes, why isn't she in prison?

If you could put anybody's fingerprints on a murder weapon, why would you choose your girlfriend's, why not choose the fingerprints of the girl that sold you the box of Junior Mints at the movie theater.

Edited by AnimeMania
  • Love 4
(edited)

Okay, screw it, it’s a holiday weekend and I’m just going to binge, binge, binge.

The scene with Linda and her daughter was so touching.  That was a nice payoff from where this story had started.

Eve is a delight and it was nice to see her again, but the Maze/ Eve ship felt pretty rushed.  They reunited, professed love and broke up all in one episode!  That’s nuts.

When Amenadiel was insisting that he and Lucifer talk about God’s impending retirement at the beginning and they were both agreeing that Heaven needed a replacement ruler, it got me thinking about the first ep of this Season 5B.  There, they all discussed at family dinner that Hell (maybe) did not need a warden after millennia of Lucifer and Amenadiel thinking otherwise.  What if it is the same for Heaven?

The end of Season 4 was about the question of “Does Lucifer need to rule Hell?” which was ultimately answered as “Yes; No, not really.”   Maybe the rest of the show will be about the question of “Does Lucifer need to rule Heaven?” (Answered:  Yes; No, not really.)  Just a thought that I had since they keep suppressing the “what is the deal with Hell?” question this season.  But on the other hand, that wouldn’t fit storytelling-wise with a woman of faith like Ella drawing so much strength from the presence of an actual “God” in her life, per her conversation with Amenadiel.

I am struggling with Lucifer’s feelings of unworthiness and fear of rejection here and how exactly that squares with his not being able to say “I love you.”  (It is just screaming “contrived Deckerstar drama” to me.)  But I think I get where the show is going—that he won’t be able to say it to Chloe until he says it to his father and his father says it back.  Fair enough.  I just think you can have separate parental issues without it sabotaging your romantic partner relationship.

Edited by Peace 47
  • Love 3

Of course Linda's daughter is mature, understanding, and protective of those she loves. That was a really nice scene. 

I thought Eve was immortal, like the others. 

I also loved the talk between Amenadial and Ella. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, DoctorAtomic said:

So Eve just doesn't age but can get hurt? 

No Eve is mortal.  Amenadiel confirmed it when he first met up w/Eve in S4.  He mentioned that the fun times will eventually end, and what happens to her soul since she rejected Heaven.

Knew Eve was suppose to return and I enjoyed the reveal and watching her and Maze play off one another again.  Glad they confessed their feelings for one another, but I figured something would prevent it from happening (for now), and as frustrating as it is, I guess I can buy that Maze would struggle with the idea over Eve being mortal and not being able to handle the idea of anything happening to her.  Having a soul can be tough, Maze!  Curious to see if they will work through it.  Either way, I hope Eve sticks around in general.  Totally hope she at least meets God once, because I can only imagine how that conversation would go!

Also nice bringing back Adriana/Linda's daughter and seeing how that all played out between the two of them.  The case itself wasn't that remarkable and I suspect that in real life Adriana wouldn't have just been able to walk away since she did admit to some crimes (although were all of them under the guise of fearing for her adopted mother's life?), but I'm glad it's all out in the open now.  Plus, it certainly helps that Rachael Harris killed it as always.

While I'm not thrilled about another potential obstacle for the Lucifer/Chloe ship, I do think it's realistic that Lucifer would question if he was "worthy" of her, due to his past and his general feelings about himself.  Of course, despite his arrogance, pride, ego, smugness, and, well, being the Devil himself, I really think he has shown himself to be decent in a lot of ways.  But I imagine it is something that will always weigh on him.

Amenadiel and Ella's conversation was great and well-acted.

After spending most of the episode preparing himself to possibly take over God duties, Amenadiel is now starting to question if he wants it after-all (plus, 24 spoilers 

Spoiler

the last time a D.B. Woodside took on the same job that Dennis Haysbert had, it didn't end well for him!

), so that has now led to the Devil himself throwing his hat in the ring!

• Love 2

While Linda's daughter should probably have faced some charges for being involved in the scheme, even if it was for sympathetic reasons, I can fanwank that she cut a deal to give evidence for the art dealer in charge of the heists, its fine with me to give Linda such a nice ending with her daughter. I am glad that they brought back her daughter and allowed Linda to get to meet her officially, and her meeting Charlie was such a lovely ending and Rachel Harris knocked everything out of the park. 

Amenadiel and Ella also had a really nice scene together, she really needed to hear that. I continue to hope that Ella finds out the whole cosmic truth by the end of the season, I would love to see her reaction to the fact that she's pals with the devil, an angel, a demon, and gave God a giant hug, especially as she's so religious. 

I am also glad to see Eve again, I really like her and the actress is just so freaking pretty. Her eyes are just so expressive, I love watching her emote with her big beautiful eyes. I like her and Maze, but of course it cant be easy, and Maze freaks out because Eve will die eventually and Maze feels like she cant handle that loss. Having a soul can be so complicated. We also get inevitable strains in Lucifer/Chloe even as they finally get together officially. Lucifer's latest angst about feeling like he isnt good enough for Chloe, and while its obviously just them throwing more obstacles onto Deckerstar's path to bliss, but it does feel consistent with his self esteem issues. Lucifer is that funny combination of arrogant and self loathing that he is still dealing with. 

• Love 5

I was kinda confused as to why Adriana would confess to the murder in the first place. Also they didn't give a motive as to why the boyfriend would want to rob the house and then frame Adriana. Maybe stick in something like he was tired of hearing her complaining that he left the toilet seat up all the time? Yeah I could totally see something like that...

• Love 2
On 6/2/2021 at 4:21 AM, tennisgurl said:

I am also glad to see Eve again, I really like her and the actress is just so freaking pretty. Her eyes are just so expressive, I love watching her emote with her big beautiful eyes.

Inbar Lavi. She was great as the lead in the TV series Imposters