Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E15: The Right Thing

• Start Topic

Voight and the team pursue a ruthless crime ring whose business has hit close to home. As they dig deeper, the extent of the danger becomes more apparent. Deputy Superintendent Samantha Miller second-guesses her decisions.

Airdate: 05/19/2021

Ok, I'll have to give the show credit - I didn't see that last minute coming.  They actually surprised me.  In hindsight, I should have predicted it, but oh well... maybe not paying much attention and having low expectations is actually helping my viewing experience.

An episode focused on Hank with a bigger dose of Atwater than usual, and it was a decent episode.  No Upton crap was so nice!

• Love 6
2 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

If my child were in peril and I was in Miller’s place, I would have told Voight to do what he does best. Eff the rules! I thought it was a good, exciting episode.

Same. If that were my child, I'm breaking every rule imaginable. I'm making up new rules to break if need be. I wouldn't care how big a hypocrite it made me. 

• Love 8

I actually enjoyed this episode and seeing Miller break was heartbreaking.  She was determined to do things the right way without realizing the possible consequences.  In hindsight, she would have probably been ok with Voigt doing things his way, but who knew?  Surprised at the ending which was a nice change from a roll in the sack with Voight Jr. and Jay.  Very little Upton which is always nice!

• Love 1

I was wondering how long it would be before they tried to make Miller look bad or make it seem like her way of doing things don't work. I admire the way the she stood on her square and the way she's committed to doing things the right way which on this show is refreshing.  It's unfortunate what happened to her son but I don't want this to be a situation where she comes around to Voight way of doing things.  

• Love 5
(edited)
15 hours ago, mommalib said:

I was wondering how long it would be before they tried to make Miller look bad or make it seem like her way of doing things don't work. I admire the way the she stood on her square and the way she's committed to doing things the right way which on this show is refreshing.  It's unfortunate what happened to her son but I don't want this to be a situation where she comes around to Voight way of doing things.  

Totally agree. 

Can someone tell me what was up with Atwater’s attitude? When his brother was caught up didn’t he get special treatment? I am at a loss as to why he had a stick up his butt. Miller wasn’t asking for special treatment. She wanted things done above board so again what was Atwater’s problem?

And Kim. You’re sitting there with the window down?! Really?

Edited by GodsBeloved
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, GodsBeloved said:

Can someone tell me what was up with Atwater’s attitude? When his brother was caught up didn’t he get special treatment? I am at a loss as to why he had a stick up his butt. Miller wasn’t asking for special treatment. She wanted things done above board so again why was Atwater’s problem?

I am wondering that myself. I guess it's setting up the 'fight' between him and Ruzek next week when he will do whatever to find Kim & Atwater will be against it. Which makes zero sense. I hate the way they change characters to fit the story than write the stories for the characters.

Apart from that, one of the best episodes for the season, not sure why they need to constantly beat the shit out of Burgess. Upton is still useless, she looked clueless when interviewing that girl, also looked like she was three sheets to the wind. 

I am glad they didn't do the heavy handed ship stuff like they usually do when they are about to torture one of them, case driven stories are when this show is at it's best.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, GodsBeloved said:

Can someone tell me what was up with Atwater’s attitude? When his brother was caught up didn’t he get special treatment? I am at a loss as to why he had a stick up his butt. Miller wasn’t asking for special treatment. She wanted things done above board so again why was Atwater’s problem?

Well Marina said that Jay, Atwater and her are more on trying to do the right thing, while Ruzek, Upton and Voight go rogue . Laroyce said that the team will be divided on how they handle things 

• Love 3

I really love this episode, case driven, no personal drama unrelated to the case, less Hailey! 👍

This near-death plot with Kim, is BurZek finally happening (again)?

This show loves killing cops’ offsprings. Run Makayla, runnnnnnnnn!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
(edited)

I understand why they give all these storylines to Marina, and by extension to Paddy....they totally will own them. Could you imagine Bender Barbie & Snorestead trying to over emote their way through this? 

They need to give Marina a break though, and Burgess. They do not know what else to do with her, they can't possibly let her be happy for more than a week.

Upton is an emotional clusterfuck...who seems suddenly to be triggered by everything, someone looks at her wrong and she's having a crisis. Her talking to Ruzek in the preview annoyed me. She has never show one iota of concern for Burgess. Why now? But her bitch squad of screaming tweens on twitter are of course trying to make this all about her and how 'soft' she is and how upset she will be because her bestie is missing.

Burgess can't die, who would actually do any of the grunt work and solve the cases? Atwater can't lose his whiteboard photosticking buddy. 

Hopefully there is a huge twist and somehow Burgess escapes & 'accidently' shoots Upton instead.

Edited by Guildford
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, Jaelyn96 said:

Well Marina said that Jay, Atwater and her are more on trying to do the right thing, while Ruzek, Upton and Voight go rogue . Laroyce said that the team will be divided on how they handle things 

Ugh great have to see Ruzek and Voight prop the Showrunner obession. 

7 hours ago, Guildford said:

I understand why they give all these storylines to Marina, and by extension to Paddy....they totally will own them. Could you imagine Bender Barbie & Snorestead trying to over emote their way through this? 

They need to give Marina a break though, and Burgess. They do not know what else to do with her, they can't possibly let her be happy for more than a week.

Upton is an emotional clusterfuck...who seems suddenly to be triggered by everything, someone looks at her wrong and she's having a crisis. Her talking to Ruzek in the preview annoyed me. She has never show one iota of concern for Burgess. Why now? But her bitch squad of screaming tweens on twitter are of course trying to make this all about her and how 'soft' she is and how upset she will be because her bestie is missing.

Burgess can't die, who would actually do any of the grunt work and solve the cases? Atwater can't lose his whiteboard photosticking buddy. 

Hopefully there is a huge twist and somehow Burgess escapes & 'accidently' shoots Upton instead.

I wish for that but nothing will happen to Eid's favorite character except her being propped by other characters and skate by of any real consequences 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Josh371982 said:

I wish for that but nothing will happen to Eid's favorite character except her being propped by other characters and skate by of any real consequences 

I watch Law & Order OC, I keep thinking what if Hailey Upton is played by Charlotte Sullivan. The character could be likeable, I may like her because I like the actress.

• Love 1

This thread is getting seriously off-topic. Please keep discussion to events that transpired in this episode. Posts have been hidden or moved into appropriate topics. Thank you. 

• Love 1
14 hours ago, AnnA said:

Yes it was!

I'm looking forward to Wednesday too!

For me it was finally the first episode where the plot was straightforward throughout and didn’t take twenty different turns in the team dialing in on the suspects.

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, TM101 said:

For me it was finally the first episode where the plot was straightforward throughout and didn’t take twenty different turns in the team dialing in on the suspects.

Yes and there wasn't any romantic nonsense on display in the unit.   I don't know why the writers feel obligated to focus on in house romances.   It's supposed to be a police procedural not a soap opera.

• Love 1
On 5/21/2021 at 2:26 AM, SnazzyDaisy said:

I really love this episode, case driven, no personal drama unrelated to the case, less Hailey! 👍

This near-death plot with Kim, is BurZek finally happening (again)?

This show loves killing cops’ offsprings. Run Makayla, runnnnnnnnn!

It is actually even more dangerous to be related to Makayla than to anyone on the Intelligence Unit. In the episode where Makayla first appeared, three of her relatives were murdered.  So she is a good fit to the team.

• LOL 3