Type keyword(s) to search

[Locked. Please resume usual bug reporting activity] Site Update Issues: Please Post Here

Meredith Quill

Just wanting to comment on the 'huge notifications' when someone has commented on a post - ridiculous, please stop it - I can't read or comment or make it go away!!!.  Also I was commenting on a topic and the page reloaded because it was 'using too much memory', never ever has this happened before.  I completely lost my post too.  It's getting very annoying overall.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, endure said:

Just wanting to comment on the 'huge notifications' when someone has commented on a post - ridiculous, please stop it - I can't read or comment or make it go away!!!.  Also I was commenting on a topic and the page reloaded because it was 'using too much memory', never ever has this happened before.  I completely lost my post too.  It's getting very annoying overall.

I am also still getting the huge notifications.

i am also still seeing the nonsense taking up 1/3 of the pages in some forums.

0ADF5C91-BBC5-4767-BA55-C345F2D8F263.png

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

I am also still getting the huge notifications.

i am also still seeing the nonsense taking up 1/3 of the pages in some forums.

0ADF5C91-BBC5-4767-BA55-C345F2D8F263.png

Re the notification bug, please try refreshing your cache.

As for the info panel, that's going to stay.

8 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Okay, this just happened-I liked someone’s post, and both the ❤️ and 💡 reactions were marked. But I’ve noticed seeing those two reactions by the same poster in some of my posts.

I can't reproduce that. If it persists please report.

9 hours ago, endure said:

Re notifications please try clearing your cache.

The page reloading sounds like a device issue your end if it's due to a problem with memory.

4 hours ago, SilverStormm said:

Re the notification bug, please try refreshing your cache.

I cleared my cache on both my phone and computer, and it's still there--that is, only a white bell with a blue background to let me know someone reacted to a post of mine--but I don't know what that reaction is until I actually go to the post. That's where I see what the reaction was.

1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I cleared my cache on both my phone and computer, and it's still there--that is, only a white bell with a blue background to let me know someone reacted to a post of mine--but I don't know what that reaction is until I actually go to the post. That's where I see what the reaction was.

I think this may be a case of WYSIWYG

51 minutes ago, stewedsquash said:

Is there a purpose for having it? What am I supposed to do with it?

Other members may find it interesting or useful. It doesn't take up extra space as ads were there anyway. Oh and to pre-empt it just in case; please do not mention adblockers to me. That's a curse word. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

34 minutes ago, Bronx Babe said:

I am still in dire need of help with all this.

I cannot even access my personal messages.  I can send them but am unable to reply.  And am still experiencing this format:

H

e

l

p

With only yourself experiencing this, added to the fact that I couldn't reproduce the same when signed in as you, this is likely being caused by something at your end. All I can suggest is that you try clearing your cache and if that doesn't resolve it, then try accessing the site from a different browser or device and see if the problem still persists.

1 hour ago, SilverStormm said:

Other members may find it interesting or useful. It doesn't take up extra space as ads were there anyway. Oh and to pre-empt it just in case; please do not mention adblockers to me. That's a curse word. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Please suggest to the devs in the next update maybe they can make it an option to turn on and off. When it is showing pictures and posts from 2016 it is not useful, just clutter.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I don't know that this is necessarily a bug, but since the upgrade, the 'Unfollow" button in a forum/thread is now grayed out. It used to be highlighted in red. It works when I click on it, but at first glance, when I see something grayed out, that usually means it's not a working link. Is this also "here to stay" or can the color be changed? The Update Preferences is in solid black; even when you want to Follow a forum, that option is in solid black.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, SilverStormm said:

Okay, thanks for an answer!  I did just want information about it and thought I was missing out on something. As for the pre-empt, I am giving you a squinty eye frown face. Surely you have me mixed up with the multitude of others who mention it, lol. 

1 hour ago, rcc said:

I still cannot open any of my shows listings. Cleaned cache, tried all themes and I get message they are unavailable. Android phone using Chrome.

I believe the devs are still looking into this particular bug.

1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I don't know that this is necessarily a bug, but since the upgrade, the 'Unfollow" button in a forum/thread is now grayed out. It used to be highlighted in red. It works when I click on it, but at first glance, when I see something grayed out, that usually means it's not a working link. Is this also "here to stay" or can the color be changed? The Update Preferences is in solid black; even when you want to Follow a forum, that option is in solid black.

Unless I'm told otherwise that's how it'll be from now on, it's only minor tbf.

54 minutes ago, stewedsquash said:

Okay, thanks for an answer!  I did just want information about it and thought I was missing out on something. As for the pre-empt, I am giving you a squinty eye frown face. Surely you have me mixed up with the multitude of others who mention it, lol. 

Heh, that wasn't just for you, but anyone ;)

1 hour ago, CrazyTrain said:

Please suggest to the devs in the next update maybe they can make it an option to turn on and off. When it is showing pictures and posts from 2016 it is not useful, just clutter.

From what I can tell that's not an option (at the moment anyway).

• Love 1
4 hours ago, SilverStormm said:

It absolutely takes up extra space on my device. And in the case of some forums, it’s splattering very personal information from the past few years all over the page. 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

And in the case of some forums, it’s splattering very personal information from the past few years all over the page. 

Can you expound on what you mean by 'very personal information' please? Do you have an example?

9 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

It absolutely takes up extra space on my device. And in the case of some forums, it’s splattering very personal information from the past few years all over the page. 

That's a very good point.  I'm sure there's some kind of algorithm, and I usually ignore it, but in one forum one of the "top" posts was regarding the poster's family member's death some years ago.

• Useful 1
1 minute ago, SoMuchTV said:

That's a very good point.  I'm sure there's some kind of algorithm, and I usually ignore it, but in one forum one of the "top" posts was regarding the poster's family member's death some years ago.

This is an example of exactly what I was referring to. The “top posts” in many forums are those discussing issues like that. And no one needs to be continually reminded of these 5-6 years later. 

• Love 2
Just now, SoMuchTV said:

That's unfortunate. However, that member must have posted that information in the public forum. If it's posted on a public forum, it is by definition, no longer private and available for public consumption. The info panel only picks up things and collates data from what has been posted in topic.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, SilverStormm said:

However, that member must have posted that information in the public forum. If it's posted on a public forum, it is by definition, no longer private and available for public consumption.

out of kindness, do you you think the poster could make a polite request to have it excluded from the algorithm? I don't think it's terribly kind to continually expose the person to that reminder.

We appreciate that some members won't find the info panel useful or interesting, and may even dislike it for various reasons, but like it or not, it's here to stay for the foreseeable.

2 minutes ago, dleighg said:

out of kindness, do you you think the poster could make a polite request to have it excluded from the algorithm? I don't think it's terribly kind to continually expose the person to that reminder.

If there's a post a member wants removed from the info panel, they should report the post and ask for it to be removed from the topic. That way it will no longer show up. That's the only way it could be done.

Good news! The big notification bug has been fixed! (At least on my end!)

Another bug that has not been mentioned in this thread has also been fixed. Whenever I would hover over a user's profile pic, instead of their cover photo appearing, it would feature a heavily elongated version of their profile pic. Was anyone else having that problem?

23 hours ago, SilverStormm said:

With only yourself experiencing this, added to the fact that I couldn't reproduce the same when signed in as you, this is likely being caused by something at your end. All I can suggest is that you try clearing your cache and if that doesn't resolve it, then try accessing the site from a different browser or device and see if the problem still persists.

I'll try.  Thanks.

Re: the info panel in the sidebar.

There is an arrow on the far right of the very top of it that seems to work in reducing it.  Clicking on it hides the poster information and posts, leaving only the statistics about the thread itself (# of Replies, When the thread was created, and When the Last Post was posted). 

The reason I say "seems to work" is because I think the arrow might be broken.  I have to click it twice to hide the information.  The arrow starts pointing down by default, while the panel is fully open.  First click spins the arrow 180 to up, but the panel stays open.  Second click spins the arrow back down, but the panel collapses up into the stats bar.  The arrow button works as a simple toggle after that, but the direction it points seems to be backwards in regard to function.

Also, it appears that this needs to be done on a per-page basis.  I can close the panel then click to move to the next page in a thread, and the panel is open again on the new page.

• Love 3
On 4/30/2021 at 10:06 PM, patty1h said:

I've had a weird problem for the past 2-3 days.   When I'm typing in this comment box, whole lines and paragraphs will randomly just disappear.   I was typing some comments and in the middle of me typing, the previous paragraph that I'd typed was not there anymore.  For example - I'd typed a 4-line paragraph in the Wendy Williams thread and when I glanced up from my keyboard, that block of words was gone.   I chose UNDO from the Windows menu, hoping to restore the missing portion of typing, but none of the paragraph was available - it's like I never typed the wiped out words.   Also, yesterday I was on the Forums homepage and typed in a show title in the Search box, and before I finished the title, the words in the box blipped out of existence.   I hope my explanation is clear.

When I first got this laptop, I had an issue with the touchpad being sensitive and wiping out words, etc. but I've learned to always turn off my touchpad, so I know it's not my keyboard being too sensitive.   I am NOT having this happen when I'm typing on any other website. 

On 5/1/2021 at 11:25 PM, BW Manilowe said:

This is a strange 1…

I haven’t been able to access the forums from my phone when I use my phone browser (most convenient way to read as I’m in the midst of a long term medical situation) since either late on April 16 or early April 17. I get a 503 or 504 (Community Temporarily Unavailable) message.

I CAN get the Your Shows/All Shows page if I use the other browsers I’ve downloaded (Cake, Chrome, Edge)—but then I can’t get past that page on those browsers. I

Here’s the strange part:

I CAN get the forums, oddly enough, by going to Primetimer’s Facebook page (I went to see if I could leave a message there about my issues), clicking the link to the site home page there—it does come up—then clicking the forums link, which takes me, at least has taken me sometimes, to the topic I wanna read.

CAVEAT: This ONLY seems to work/works best when I use Facebook through my app. I just tried it without using the app, because I didn’t wanna lose this post, & I wanted to double check the steps that worked, & I still get Community Unavailable. Try again later.

I already tried to fix it clearing my cache, which apparently also cleans my history & cookies now; there doesn’t seem to be any choice to clean just the cache. Cleaning whatever got cleaned didn’t fix my issue.

Phone: iPhone 8+ (8 Plus); Safari Browser; iOS: 14.5

On 5/2/2021 at 8:47 AM, SVNBob said:

Re: the info panel in the sidebar.

There is an arrow on the far right of the very top of it that seems to work in reducing it.  Clicking on it hides the poster information and posts, leaving only the statistics about the thread itself (# of Replies, When the thread was created, and When the Last Post was posted). 

The reason I say "seems to work" is because I think the arrow might be broken.  I have to click it twice to hide the information.  The arrow starts pointing down by default, while the panel is fully open.  First click spins the arrow 180 to up, but the panel stays open.  Second click spins the arrow back down, but the panel collapses up into the stats bar.  The arrow button works as a simple toggle after that, but the direction it points seems to be backwards in regard to function.

Also, it appears that this needs to be done on a per-page basis.  I can close the panel then click to move to the next page in a thread, and the panel is open again on the new page.

20 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Over the last couple of days, after I post a comment, I get an immediate ERROR message and it goes to a blank white page with just a little bit of writing about an error occurred.  I have cleared out all my Notifications. It’s never happened before.  It hasn’t happened every time I post since the site updates, but enough that I’m concerned.  

All the above have been reported to devs.

On 5/2/2021 at 5:18 PM, Bronx Babe said:

No success.

May I ask which browsers and devices you tried?

On 5/3/2021 at 8:33 PM, SilverStormm said:

Please note:

This forum exists to report bugs, ask site-related questions or make suggestions. 

If members wish to provide site-related feedback of any kind they should do that here.

Thanks.

Never knew that existed!  Thanks!  But how do you get to it, other than the link you posted?  I can't find it anywhere on the home page, unless it's somewhere in the FAQ section and I missed it.

1 hour ago, SoMuchTV said:

Never knew that existed!  Thanks!  But how do you get to it, other than the link you posted?  I can't find it anywhere on the home page, unless it's somewhere in the FAQ section and I missed it.

It's under the 'Sections' dropdown menu on the site homepage.

• Useful 1

When I posted and got Error message, I was on my iPad and on Google Chrome. I immediately switched to my PC and got the same Error page not available!  So it happened on my PC even without me posting.  Soon after, I returned to my message and it was still in the comment box. I tried again and the post worked.  It hasn’t happened since Tuesday afternoon.   I suppose it could have been my internet connection, if I’m the only person this happened to.  

8 hours ago, SilverStormm said:

All the above have been reported to devs.

May I ask which browsers and devices you tried?

Microsoft Edge, Firefox, Microsoft Explorer.

I am having this problem with all of Primetimer.  It seemed to all start with these updates.

I am truly at my wit's end.

H

e

l

p

(edited)

I am sorry if this has been reported.  If I try to click on your blue BROWSE FORUMS button, it tries to go to forums.PREVIOUSLY.TV (instead of Primetimer) and then there is an error message that says COMMUNITY NOT FOUND.

Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 11.03.17 AM.png

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
On 4/30/2021 at 5:06 PM, patty1h said:

I've had a weird problem for the past 2-3 days.   When I'm typing in this comment box, whole lines and paragraphs will randomly just disappear.   I was typing some comments and in the middle of me typing, the previous paragraph that I'd typed was not there anymore.  For example - I'd typed a 4-line paragraph in the Wendy Williams thread and when I glanced up from my keyboard, that block of words was gone.   I chose UNDO from the Windows menu, hoping to restore the missing portion of typing, but none of the paragraph was available - it's like I never typed the wiped out words.   Also, yesterday I was on the Forums homepage and typed in a show title in the Search box, and before I finished the title, the words in the box blipped out of existence.   I hope my explanation is clear.

When I first got this laptop, I had an issue with the touchpad being sensitive and wiping out words, etc. but I've learned to always turn off my touchpad, so I know it's not my keyboard being too sensitive.   I am NOT having this happen when I'm typing on any other website. 

Same.  I'm on a MacBook using Chrome.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

When I posted and got Error message, I was on my iPad and on Google Chrome. I immediately switched to my PC and got the same Error page not available!  So it happened on my PC even without me posting.  Soon after, I returned to my message and it was still in the comment box. I tried again and the post worked.  It hasn’t happened since Tuesday afternoon.   I suppose it could have been my internet connection, if I’m the only person this happened to.  

Probably, if it continues please let me know.

19 hours ago, Bronx Babe said:

Microsoft Edge, Firefox, Microsoft Explorer.

I am having this problem with all of Primetimer.  It seemed to all start with these updates.

I am truly at my wit's end.

H

e

l

p

If you try signing in using a different device and the site works fine that'll tell you whether it's a problem with the device you're currently using or not. 

56 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I am sorry if this has been reported.  If I try to click on your blue BROWSE FORUMS button, it tries to go to forums.PREVIOUSLY.TV (instead of Primetimer) and then there is an error message that says COMMUNITY NOT FOUND.

Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 11.03.17 AM.png

Yep, we're already aware of this one but thanks anyway.

I am Googling trying to find information that will help me change all this vertical Primetimer text back to the normal horizontal text but it is very confusing. 

This all seemed to start with your updates.  I have no problems anywhere else on my computer with any other sites.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Bronx Babe said:

Please explain -- what device would that be?

As you can tell I am practically computer and tech illiterate.

For example, if you use a PC, try using a laptop, or if you use a tablet try using your phone to sign in.

I can't find the topic regarding the site not taking me to the first new post. Last reported, it was working fine on my PC.

However, on my phone, it jumps around and I have to scroll up or down until I find the post surrounded by the yellow bar --that's how I know that's the first new post.

iPhone 8+/Safari/iOs 14.5.

And this is also probably "here to stay" but in my initial post right after the update, when I said the only way I could get to the main page was to tap on the horizontal bars on the upper left hand side of my phone? It seems the update flipped, like a mirror for some features.

Like the "okay" confirmation when marking a forum/thread read pre update used to be on the right. It's now on the left. The profile picture of our avatar in settings, used to be on the right hand corner (I think?) and is now on the left hand side, which is why I think I have to tap the horizontal bars on the left hand side of my phone screen. Or just refresh it to get to the main page of the forum so I can scroll to whatever show forum/thread I want to read.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I can't find the topic regarding the site not taking me to the first new post. Last reported, it was working fine on my PC.

However, on my phone, it jumps around and I have to scroll up or down until I find the post surrounded by the yellow bar --that's how I know that's the first new post.

iPhone 8+/Safari/iOs 14.5.

When you have external ads loading in, and they load in late, that can mess up the jumps. So unfortunately, it's a case of WYSIWYG with this now.

2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And this is also probably "here to stay" but in my initial post right after the update, when I said the only way I could get to the main page was to tap on the horizontal bars on the upper left hand side of my phone? It seems the update flipped, like a mirror for some features.

Like the "okay" confirmation when marking a forum/thread read pre update used to be on the right. It's now on the left. The profile picture of our avatar in settings, used to be on the right hand corner (I think?) and is now on the left hand side, which is why I think I have to tap the horizontal bars on the left hand side of my phone screen. Or just refresh it to get to the main page of the forum so I can scroll to whatever show forum/thread I want to read.

Again, more WYSIWYG I'm afraid.

On 4/25/2021 at 2:28 PM, SoMuchTV said:
On 4/21/2021 at 6:03 PM, SoMuchTV said:

I think this is the same issue I reported earlier.  This is the first I've seen that anyone else is experiencing it.  To recap, and add what I've found since I posted earlier:

- on my iPhone, I can't open any link from the main page (whether on "your shows" or "all shows") for a show that has a forum.  I can open them when the url has "topic" in it but not when it has "forum" in it.  For the "forums" it just hangs for a minute or two then I get a message like this:

image.thumb.png.d8f0ced99a245d715aae6bd6d927de3d.png

- I tried all the usual stuff - different browsers (safari, chrome, firefox), different themes, log out/in, close/reopen browser, clear app data, restart phone.

- I can still open threads from my notifications & my activities stream.  But I can't use the breadcrumbs to go "up" to a higher level (like to the  show forum, when I'd been reading an episode thread).

- same issue on a tablet using wifi (Fire/Silk).

- I tried experimenting with my home wifi vs. cell data vs. public wifi (in case my isp was somehow blocking some urls).  No difference.

- Until this morning, I could still open things normally from my desktop (win10/firefox).  But around 8-9 ET today, when I was actively reading threads, the same issue started happening on my desktop.

- I did find I can use the site normally in a "private" or "incognito" window on my desktop.  Tried that with 3 browsers on my phone, but it didn't help.

I really hope  this is enough info for your team to debug this.  Please let me know if there's anything else I can try or any other info I can give you.

One more data point:  Some of the browsers I tried had no ad blocker, others had various different ad blockers.  Same behavior from all.

Expand  

Is there any update on this?  The issue seems to come and go somewhat, but at the moment I'm down to only one browser on one device that works for me (Firefox on iPhone).  I was able to use Firefox on Win10 but now that's turned flaky.  I'm not changing anything on my end, I promise!  On everything except that one browser/device, I'm only able to get to threads if I can follow a link that has "topic" (not "forum") in its URL.  Can't get to subforums from the main menu, whether it's "your shows" or "all shows". 

and now... I’ve lost access in my last remaining browser. What the heck is going on?  Is it seriously just me?  The only way I can get to a thread now is if it’s in my notifications or activity feed. It got better over the last few days then it got way worse. 

Edited April 25 by SoMuchTV
New info

This is something that's still being looked into, right?  Will you post here when you think it's resolved?  I'm currently holding steady with one iPhone browser (Chrome) and one PC browser (Edge) that work for me.  So far clearing cache/app data has made no difference.  I'm not going to be trying that every day on every browser/device unless there's a reason to think something's changed.  It would be nice to go back to my "normal" browser but at least at this point I do have a way to get to my shows. Thanks!

1325400006_Screenshot2021-05-0910_54_14PM.thumb.png.dccada0b85e7fa5eb2af68276eeea57b.png

This is the second time this has shown up since the update. I click the mark read icon and the box outlined in red pops up (which is the normal thing to happen) and then the search box pops up. The last time it quickly disappeared so I thought it was an update wonkiness but this time it stayed long enough to do a screenshot. Not sure if update related or a bug so I picked update to post in.

Samsung Google Chromebook updated

On 5/7/2021 at 9:12 AM, SilverStormm said:

For example, if you use a PC, try using a laptop, or if you use a tablet try using your phone to sign in.

Nothing works.

Truly do not know what to do.  Carolyn Gracie is returning from vacation tomorrow -- my snarking must continue!!

On 5/8/2021 at 11:09 PM, SoMuchTV said:

This is something that's still being looked into, right?  Will you post here when you think it's resolved?  I'm currently holding steady with one iPhone browser (Chrome) and one PC browser (Edge) that work for me.  So far clearing cache/app data has made no difference.  I'm not going to be trying that every day on every browser/device unless there's a reason to think something's changed.  It would be nice to go back to my "normal" browser but at least at this point I do have a way to get to my shows. Thanks!

Yep!

15 hours ago, stewedsquash said:

1325400006_Screenshot2021-05-0910_54_14PM.thumb.png.dccada0b85e7fa5eb2af68276eeea57b.png

This is the second time this has shown up since the update. I click the mark read icon and the box outlined in red pops up (which is the normal thing to happen) and then the search box pops up. The last time it quickly disappeared so I thought it was an update wonkiness but this time it stayed long enough to do a screenshot. Not sure if update related or a bug so I picked update to post in.

Samsung Google Chromebook updated

This is caused by whatever it is you're clicking also hovering over the page search function. It's a known issue, to avoid it, make sure to avoid clicking near that.

• Useful 1
35 minutes ago, Bronx Babe said:

Nothing works.

Truly do not know what to do.  Carolyn Gracie is returning from vacation tomorrow -- my snarking must continue!!

Can you tell me which devices you have tried with please.

Well, I'm having these problems only with Primetimer.

I use Firefox and Microsoft Edge.  Not sure what other information you might require as I am very low-tech.  Perhaps the problem is right under my nose and is an easy fix but I just don't know how to do it but since this is only happening with Primetimer and nowhere else, I'm just stumped.....

Sorry to keep bombarding you with this but I just don't know what else to do.  Home Shopping is one of my favorite threads and I can't imagine not having the joy of continuing my participation with all of you....

I don't have a smart phone, only one of those ancient flip-top models.

I use a PC.  Not a desktop.

As I say, I am very ignorant of a lot of basic computer/Internet problems....

1 minute ago, Bronx Babe said:

Well, I'm having these problems only with Primetimer.

I use Firefox and Microsoft Edge.  Not sure what other information you might require as I am very low-tech.  Perhaps the problem is right under my nose and is an easy fix but I just don't know how to do it but since this is only happening with Primetimer and nowhere else, I'm just stumped.....

Sorry to keep bombarding you with this but I just don't know what else to do.  Home Shopping is one of my favorite threads and I can't imagine not having the joy of continuing my participation with all of you....

Ok, can you provide the following information please as per the example below:

• Mobile/Desktop: Desktop
  • Operating System / Version: MacOS Mojave 10.14.3
  • Browser: Chrome
15 minutes ago, SilverStormm said:

Yep!

This is caused by whatever it is you're clicking also hovering over the page search function. It's a known issue, to avoid it, make sure to avoid clicking near that.

Okay thanks. I did a quick check to reproduce what happened to understand what you were saying and got this screenshot. 

835234863_Screenshot2021-05-103_05_28PM.png.299beaa4d7f73418f30a0be2867d1ab2.png

Before I didn't see the little "search" showing up in the bottom left corner, now it is there. You can see where my cursor is and I had not gotten close to hoover over the search option underneath.  Just a bit more information/visual if it helps fix the issue.