Type keyword(s) to search

[Locked. Please resume usual bug reporting activity] Site Update Issues: Please Post Here

Meredith Quill

Thanks all. We have all the information needed at the moment for the reported issues so far. The devs are working to resolve them as soon as possible, which may take time. Your patience is appreciated while they do that. If further info or clarification is required I'll post in here. 

• Love 1

This is new and just started happening on my iPhone.

When I opened the site, the notification of someone liking my post took up the entire screen of my phone-that is their avatar did.

And since it lasted less than five seconds, I wasn’t able to screen capture it. I had to touch the left side of my phone-the part not covered by the avatar, to scroll and go to whatever thread or forum I wanted to check out for new posts.

iPhone 8+/iOS 14.4/Safari.

ETA:caught one.

27658DF6-BA7E-4901-BE0E-401DC87890FD.jpeg

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 6

How can I change my profile so that when other people react to my comments, I don't get a gigantic profile picture covering half of my screen?

PC Win 10, Chrome

Edited by RedElf
  • Love 2

In addition to the things already noted about today's new wonky behavior, sometimes the notification that someone reacted to or quoted my post is enormous, taking up the entire top 25% of my screen.

What is going on with the huge pictures accompanying notifications? They used to just put a tiny box notifying me that someone reacted to my post. Now, in addition to the tiny box, I am getting a giant picture of the avatar of the person who made the reaction. It fades away in a few seconds, but in the meantime it almost totally covers up the posts I am trying to read. Extremely irritating!

misc pics Primetimer forum bad changes 1 4-21-21.jpg

• Love 5

There will no doubt be some strangeness going on while the devs are fixing certain issues. The huge notifications aren't a new permanent feature and will hopefully be resolved asap, again apologies for any inconvenience and please bear with us. 

58 minutes ago, RedElf said:

How can I change my profile so that when other people react to my comments, I don't get a gigantic profile picture covering half of my screen?

PC Win 10, Chrome

You can customise notification alerts in your notification settings.

• Love 4

Ignore function seems to not be working. There's a text that reads, "You've chosen to ignore content by XXX." It's placed immediately above the content I wanted to ignore. Thanks! Working on Safari 13.1.1 on MacBook Air.

So just as of an hour or so ago I now cannot see posters names when reading the Forum on my phone.

Device: Galaxy s10

Browser: Samsung &/or Ad Blocker

Theme: not sure, I think it Light?

Screenshot_20210421-185451_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg

Edited by gingerella

I understand it is an ongoing working on the tweaks situation. I hope I also understand that you only want not reported so far issues reported. I don't think this has been reported yet.

@SilverStormm  When trying to mention to someone the popup is over-sized so that only the avatars are seen, not the name of the poster. I was only able to do your mention because I typed the whole name and your avatar is familiar.  It would blip through several avatars as I added letters. 

Samsung Google Chromebook updated

Light theme

eta Oh, cool! The hidden post color is now a perfect shade of purple instead of the harsh red, lol. Hope that doesn't change back!

Edited by stewedsquash
a bit of silly
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Cotypubby said:

I can’t see anyone’s usernames. There is a weird white box around peoples avatars that covers their name. This was not happening a few hours ago. 

Using Safari on iPhone 

90CD5E38-C469-4E2C-BA2D-86FA9C8891F8.png

I've been getting that for days. It's even worse with the Dark theme. With that, you can't read the begining of the actual post either. I only just figured out it's slightly less terrible with the Light theme, so I switched. 

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 1

This morning:

It seems almost everything is back to normal, except:

• for the huge image of the avatars taking up the screen when I get a notification
  • the same icon whether someone reacts to a comment or quotes me (the white bell inside blue)
  • The mooshing on the right side of the screen that tells you who the top commenters are, likes, how many replies, etc. is still there
  • The justification for the posted comments still is wonky; some threads it's pre-upgrade; others it's very narrow like a column.
  • Windows 10/Google Chrome/PC/Default-Light
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, RedElf said:

Can you tell me where?  I couldn't find it anywhere.

Click the notification bell>in the dropdown menu upper right, click the notification settings cogwheel>select which notifications you want to adjust> uncheck 'on-site notifications' box for that content.

12 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

Ignore function seems to not be working. There's a text that reads, "You've chosen to ignore content by XXX." It's placed immediately above the content I wanted to ignore. Thanks! Working on Safari 13.1.1 on MacBook Air.

If anyone else has experienced this issue please let me know.

12 hours ago, gingerella said:

So just as of an hour or so ago I now cannot see posters names when reading the Forum on my phone.

Device: Galaxy s10

Browser: Samsung &/or Ad Blocker

Theme: not sure, I think it Light?

Screenshot_20210421-185451_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg

Reported to devs.

9 hours ago, stewedsquash said:

I understand it is an ongoing working on the tweaks situation. I hope I also understand that you only want not reported so far issues reported. I don't think this has been reported yet.

@SilverStormm  When trying to mention to someone the popup is over-sized so that only the avatars are seen, not the name of the poster. I was only able to do your mention because I typed the whole name and your avatar is familiar.  It would blip through several avatars as I added letters. 

Samsung Google Chromebook updated

Light theme

eta Oh, cool! The hidden post color is now a perfect shade of purple instead of the harsh red, lol. Hope that doesn't change back!

Also reported to devs, along with the oversized avatar wonkiness.

13 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

29 minutes ago, SilverStormm said:

If anyone else has experienced this issue please let me know.

I just tested my ignore function and it works for me. I was able to add a poster, but reverted back to not ignoring them. Because, test!

Windows 10/PC/Google Chrome/Default-Light.

Oh, I did forget to mention, the huge avatar notification notwithstanding, when I click on the bell on my phone, the about 75% of my screen is covered in a black square, so I can't get back to my home page. The only way I can do that is tapping on the three bars located on the upper left hand side. I'll upload the image from my phone.

iPhone/8+/iOs 14.4/Safari

D5DD9BCF-EE11-4B32-B5CC-A2201F204280.jpeg

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Useful 1

It works fine on my iPhone but on my iPad I can’t seem to make a post period. Of course maybe the software isn’t compatible with my iPad anymore since it’s older.

Edited by Spartan Girl
2 hours ago, Cotypubby said:

This is what the huge notification looks like when someone likes/responds to a post on my iPhone using Safari:

68336D65-5942-4975-8A5E-D686F0072DD7.jpeg

Same for me, on my laptop, it takes a while to go away. Came here to see if there is a way to disable this

Edited by circumvent
  • Love 3

I forgot to mention upthread that the spoiler tags, bold, italics, underline, and strike out, still aren't working. However, clicking on the icons for them is, if that makes sense.

ETA: Also, with the ginormous avatar notifications, if I happen to be in the thread the poster has responded to, the "show reply" also hasn't returned since the upgrade. The huge avatar stays up and doesn't go away. I have to "x" it out in order to continue reading the thread and the new comment(s) don't appear unless I hit refresh.

iPhone/8+/iOs 14.4/Safari

Windows 10/Google Chrome/PC/Default-Light.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
On 4/16/2021 at 4:58 PM, rcc said:

This afternoon after reading my notification topics I can't erase them anymore.

I have 22 pages of old notifications to get rid of. Any other way to get this done?

I'm working on Chrome on Windows 10.  When I click on a thread title in my activity stream under my custom stream called "Topics I follow" it used to bring me directly to my last unread post in that thread.  Now since the update it just brings me to the first post in the thread.  Given that a lot of threads are pages long and I may not have looked at them in days it takes me a while to figure out where I left off.  Is this going to be fixed or is there another way to do this now?

8 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I'm working on Chrome on Windows 10.  When I click on a thread title in my activity stream under my custom stream called "Topics I follow" it used to bring me directly to my last unread post in that thread.  Now since the update it just brings me to the first post in the thread.  Given that a lot of threads are pages long and I may not have looked at them in days it takes me a while to figure out where I left off.  Is this going to be fixed or is there another way to do this now?

Check your settings in Content View Behavior. To do that please see the screenshots below.

Go to Account Settings and select Content View Behavior -

cvb.jpg.3800963212f716c7800c3ac7f048408c.jpg

Then select the option you would like -

vhr.thumb.jpg.f5008e20f304ddfa19a3e62728f99836.jpg

If that doesn't resolve the problem please let me know in here.

• Love 1

Help!! My problem is still continuing -- elongated and vertical ("Chinese") formatting -- makes it impossible to read without going stark staring mad.    This cannot go on!  Please do something!!  TIA

1 hour ago, Bronx Babe said:

Help!! My problem is still continuing -- elongated and vertical ("Chinese") formatting -- makes it impossible to read without going stark staring mad.    This cannot go on!  Please do something!!  TIA

Can you provide a screenshot? I logged in as you and tried different themes but was unable to reproduce this problem.

7 minutes ago, Bronx Babe said:

Oh, dear.....

I will try to provide you with a screenshot although I am not adept at these things.

Also, please let me know what operating system, browser and device you're experiencing this on.

On 4/24/2021 at 9:45 AM, SilverStormm said:

Check your settings in Content View Behavior. To do that please see the screenshots below.

Go to Account Settings and select Content View Behavior -

cvb.jpg.3800963212f716c7800c3ac7f048408c.jpg

Then select the option you would like -

vhr.thumb.jpg.f5008e20f304ddfa19a3e62728f99836.jpg

If that doesn't resolve the problem please let me know in here.

Hello - most of the issues I've been having have been reported by others. I did want to let you know, since I have not seen additional comments, that this does not take me to the first unread post, it takes me to the top of the last page. I tested it using all three "themes". I'm using Windows 10 and Chrome Version 90.0.4430.85 (Official Build) (64-bit).

On 4/21/2021 at 6:03 PM, SoMuchTV said:

I think this is the same issue I reported earlier.  This is the first I've seen that anyone else is experiencing it.  To recap, and add what I've found since I posted earlier:

- on my iPhone, I can't open any link from the main page (whether on "your shows" or "all shows") for a show that has a forum.  I can open them when the url has "topic" in it but not when it has "forum" in it.  For the "forums" it just hangs for a minute or two then I get a message like this:

image.thumb.png.d8f0ced99a245d715aae6bd6d927de3d.png

- I tried all the usual stuff - different browsers (safari, chrome, firefox), different themes, log out/in, close/reopen browser, clear app data, restart phone.

- I can still open threads from my notifications & my activities stream.  But I can't use the breadcrumbs to go "up" to a higher level (like to the  show forum, when I'd been reading an episode thread).

- same issue on a tablet using wifi (Fire/Silk).

- I tried experimenting with my home wifi vs. cell data vs. public wifi (in case my isp was somehow blocking some urls).  No difference.

- Until this morning, I could still open things normally from my desktop (win10/firefox).  But around 8-9 ET today, when I was actively reading threads, the same issue started happening on my desktop.

- I did find I can use the site normally in a "private" or "incognito" window on my desktop.  Tried that with 3 browsers on my phone, but it didn't help.

I really hope  this is enough info for your team to debug this.  Please let me know if there's anything else I can try or any other info I can give you.

One more data point:  Some of the browsers I tried had no ad blocker, others had various different ad blockers.  Same behavior from all.

Is there any update on this?  The issue seems to come and go somewhat, but at the moment I'm down to only one browser on one device that works for me (Firefox on iPhone).  I was able to use Firefox on Win10 but now that's turned flaky.  I'm not changing anything on my end, I promise!  On everything except that one browser/device, I'm only able to get to threads if I can follow a link that has "topic" (not "forum") in its URL.  Can't get to subforums from the main menu, whether it's "your shows" or "all shows". 

and now... I’ve lost access in my last remaining browser. What the heck is going on?  Is it seriously just me?  The only way I can get to a thread now is if it’s in my notifications or activity feed. It got better over the last few days then it got way worse. 

Edited by SoMuchTV
New info
  • Love 2
On 4/22/2021 at 3:29 PM, circumvent said:

Same for me, on my laptop, it takes a while to go away. Came here to see if there is a way to disable this

I’m having this same problem on Safari. The notifications are giant and I can’t scroll anywhere to X them out.

Just managed a screenshot, but it had the notification at the bottom...it’s been at the top so I can’t see the X.

Edited by BlackberryJam
I keep trying to add a screenshot and it won’t let me.
  • Love 1

All non-alphabet avatars seem to have disappeared! I am able to report this using Chrome, but not Firefox.

Windows 10 

PC (about 6 months old)

Dark Theme

ETA: Also, posting is in grey font with white background.  "Like" icons (heart, lightbulb, etc.) are also missing.

Edited by Ms Lark

The container for the avatars within threads seems to be out of whack for me on my Android phone (Samsung S10) in the Samsung browser. EDIT: also happens on the Chrome browser, just looks a little different. Though now that I'm looking at the screen caps, it's the same 'box' just appears differently in Light and Dark theme versions.

Screenshot_20210426-121448_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210426-122137_Chrome.jpg

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 1
  • The avatars seemed to have returned to normal so I can now see who is posting.
  • The manual tags for bold, italics, underline, spoiler, etc. are still on the fritz.
  • The notifications seems to switch from back to normal when I'm in a thread and it says two replies, go to first new post in the black bar to the GINORMOUS avatar eating up the screen.
  • The narrow column within a thread that states how many replies, the top posters, gifs, are still there. Is this a new feature and won't go away?
  • Windows 10/Google Chrome/PC/Default-Light

ETA: But avatars are still hidden on my phone-both when looking at the thread and when they’re posting.

iPhone/8+/iOS 14.4/Safari 

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
On 4/21/2021 at 9:23 PM, Cotypubby said:

I can’t see anyone’s usernames. There is a weird white box around peoples avatars that covers their name. This was not happening a few hours ago. 

Using Safari on iPhone 

90CD5E38-C469-4E2C-BA2D-86FA9C8891F8.png

I'm seeing this on a moto g power, Android 10, Dolphin browser.

i think this started Sunday? I can't access anything unless I'm in an incognito tab. I can see the homepage but if I click on any forum I get a message that "this community is temporarily unavailable". Still happening, across multiple themes as well. Using incognito works fine.

Chrome browser. Samsung galaxy android version 8.0.0

Screenshot_20210427-072047_Chrome.jpg

• Love 1

On iPhone SE, OS 14.4.2, using safari or Firefox, across all themes

Sometimes get the "Community unavailable" message. Also have gotten a message re:server but don't remember exact message.  Can't access any forum with more than one thread. Can access those with one thread, such as Atlantic Crossing. All available using PC or Kindle, but not with iPhone.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, P2C2E said:

i think this started Sunday? I can't access anything unless I'm in an incognito tab. I can see the homepage but if I click on any forum I get a message that "this community is temporarily unavailable". Still happening, across multiple themes as well. Using incognito works fine.

Chrome browser. Samsung galaxy android version 8.0.0

Screenshot_20210427-072047_Chrome.jpg

This sounds like my issue.  I just have to keep trying different browsers.  Sometimes incognito mode helps, sometimes not.  My details:  (I'm not sure if that link will take you directly to my post but it's about 6 posts above this one.)

Edited by SoMuchTV
5 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

This sounds like my issue.  I just have to keep trying different browsers.  Sometimes incognito mode helps, sometimes not.  My details:  (I'm not sure if that link will take you directly to my post but it's about 6 posts above this one.)

Agreed. Incognito no longer working for me either. Accessed this thread through notifications. Site seems to work ok if I'm not logged in, but that's not what I'm here for. 

48 minutes ago, WinnieWinkle said:

Not sure if this is just me or if others are experiencing this but the edit feature seems to be disabled today.

Mine is still there, just with a different symbol (that I hope will be replaced, as it does not at all indicate "Edit" to me and I only knew that's what it was for by seeing it was in the usual place and hovering over it to confirm it showed "edit comment"), and worked when I used it a minute ago.

I tested it again, and, yep, still working.  Are you clicking on the edit button and nothing happens, or are you just quite logically not realizing the button that looks like a thought bubble means Edit?

Edited by Bastet

Update from our friendly neighborhood dev:

Hidely-ho Primetimerinos, I'll be tackling some of this mess in the short-term. Without going into too much (or any) detail, the back-end caching for the various server things on this site is a strange and wonderous land. Which is to say, when you get a chance, make sure you've wiped out any stored browser caches on your various devices. When you see a problem, before reporting, verify it by browsing in incognito/private mode where you are guaranteed to get all the up-to-date files needed.

Some things, like the menu header background not showing up on light theme (the rainbow-ish background where your user name is) has been working on desktop and mobile for a while now, but the weird avatar container hitch (mentioned a few posts above) is still bugged (and now fixed).

Staff has provided me a triage list and I'll be working through it, killing things where its a moment of work but also focusing firstly on staff-marked priorities.

Also, re edit icon:

And now it's not (pencil again). I have no idea why I translated pencil icon to comment icon. I see in my list of things for fixin' it clearly stated pencil. 

And bbcode is back.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, SilverStormm said:

Most, if not all, issues should be resolved now. Please post in here if you're still experiencing a problem. Thanks.

The only thing so far is the ginormous avatar that pops up when I get a new notification on my iPhone. And the original post about how I have to tap the horizontal bars on the upper left side to get back to the main home page after tapping the bell icon to see my notification.

Also the notifications still don’t show what reaction they chose-the ❤️ sad face, laughing or light 💡 

iPhone 8+/iOS 14.5/Safari

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

The only thing so far is the ginormous avatar that pops up when I get a new notification on my iPhone. And the original post about how I have to tap the horizontal bars on the upper left side to get back to the main home page after tapping the bell icon to see my notification.

Also the notifications still don’t show what reaction they chose-the ❤️ sad face, laughing or light 💡 

iPhone 8+/iOS 14.5/Safari

Have you tried clearing your cache?