Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

Bob prepares to meet Abishola's mother but gets more than he bargained for when he enlists Tunde's help in securing her approval. Also, Abishola considers breaking Nigerian tradition by having a small wedding.

Airdate: 03/15/2021

LoL. I loved it when "finding a bottle of champagne" was a cause for celebration at Bob's household.

I felt for Abishola when she found her mom and Olu discussing her wedding. She was so happy when she asked to be included in the conversation and then they just shut her out. It explains a lot about why she became the way she is.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
3 hours ago, Harvey said:

LoL. I loved it when "finding a bottle of champagne" was a cause for celebration at Bob's household.

I felt for Abishola when she found her mom and Olu discussing her wedding. She was so happy when she asked to be included in the conversation and then they just shut her out. It explains a lot about why she became the way she is.

I agree, also the jokes that some people don't know how to use computer/laptop cameras. We have a relative that no matter what she does, it's either too high or we can see the indications in her face. 

• Love 8

I enjoyed this episode. I'm glad Mama Abishola likes Bob. I also like the running joke of never being able to see her in their zoom chats. Even Olu was exasperated, heh. 

• Love 6

I am glad that Mama Abishola likes Bob, and how could she not? He has such a great credit score! Knowing Abishola's family more certainly does explain a lot about her. Cute episode, Bob and Abishola were quite a bit more cuddly then usual this week which I liked seeing. 

The running joke about Mama Abishola not knowing how Zoom works is hilarious, I think everyone has that one relative. If I didnt know better, I would think one of my aunts is just a potted plant and some hair. 

"It is a wedding! One must be prepared to fill an army of Tunde's!" 

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

I usually watch on the Paramount Plus app as I've been with the others for awhile now since I got a deal on a sub. This episode seemed shorter in runtime then others have. I know shows go by faster without commercials but this time it seemed to go by fast even with that factored in.

• Love 2

I wonder if the writers are deliberately attempting to illustrate the positive effects of social norms not typical to modern American life, specifically how concern for meeting family expectations for marriage can unite a couple and strengthen the relationship? Of course, the opposite could happen too, which could be a better-now-than-later outcome that the writers could also be considering. 

On 3/17/2021 at 12:51 AM, tennisgurl said:

Cute episode, Bob and Abishola were quite a bit more cuddly then usual this week which I liked seeing. 

Yes, absolutely! They seemed much more like a couple in love and it was great. I hope we get more of that in the future.

• Love 4

I’m glad we’re finally seeing Abishola loosen up a little. The show doles it out so very little at a time, that when you do get it...wow...it’s really fun! Maybe that was the plan all along. 😀

• Love 7
On 3/19/2021 at 2:47 PM, aqusdealer said:

I’m glad we’re finally seeing Abishola loosen up a little. The show doles it out so very little at a time, that when you do get it...wow...it’s really fun! Maybe that was the plan all along. 😀

I think that she has had to be the strong one for so long, it's tough to let go of control. I kind of love that her sign of affection with him is to lay her head on his shoulder. Oddly, it seems like a more intimate gesture than a kiss would be.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4