Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E08: Austin, We Have a Problem

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Diane Mars said:

The chicken poop AND the raw chicken are very unsanitary ! She was right on that one ! Boiled or fried chicken feet are not the same at all

My comment was a stap at the irony of the situation, her taking offense at the HW's not wanting to eat the feet, she lost that argument now, we see where the feet have been, lol.

• Love 1
(edited)

Overall I'm finding TIffany Moon pretty shallow and so full of baloney with her routine of I'm a physician and saving the world but all I truly want is to be a mommy.

And she is so transparent.  She thinks she's convincing everyone of her dreams of playing supermom to her little children but then her mask slips when she gleefully tells everyone her goal in life is to be "a lady who lunches".

I mean, she started talking about "how much she could get done" in that one day, like getting her hair done, picking up her kids that day, maybe make a waxing appointment, hang out with girlfriends!!  Seems obvious she really just wants a day of the week for herself - not a word about plans for fun things she'd do with her kids (besides being the one to bring them home from kindergarten). 

Also, I think it pretty ironic that Tiffany defends her stance that rules for parties make people feel secure and welcome, and then scoffs at the idea that she might be the better for consulting an etiquette book once or twice in her life. 

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Love 5
(edited)
On 3/2/2021 at 8:27 PM, Marley said:

Wtf did I just watch? Is Brandi actually trying to make Tiffany feel bad and make herself out to be the victim. I don’t blame Tiffany for leaving. She’s trying to have fun but somehow Brandis fucked up shit is being put on her cause she’s Asian. What is it Brandi can’t say around Tiffany? When Tiffany has been nothing but nice to Brandi and placates her. Glad Brandi is not returning. 

Also racist or not Brandi is very unfunny in my opinion.

That houseboat was pretty lame. I don’t have half the money these guys do and I’ve been on nicer and more fun houseboats. Not sure why they even got a houseboat.

Anyways pretty boring episode.

I think it was a kind of boring episode too, but I think the shows were struggling pretty bad back then at the height of Covid to think of things they could do that wouldn't expose them to the public.  The houseboat I think filled the bill for a girls trip idea.

I have to agree too that Brandi is just not that funny anymore with her over the top crude humor.  Once or twice maybe I can find it chuckle worthy, but she's done it too often now -- reaching with that blow-up doll to try to be the life of the party and it just fell flat.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 3/3/2021 at 1:52 PM, princelina said:

Yeah I'm curious about how that ends next week before I start judging everyone too harshly 😄   This week no one's looking too good there.  I liked how Tiffany had handled the initial conversation with Brandi in episode 1 - a refreshing change to see a housewife who doesn't want to carry a grudge into infinity!  But since then Brandi has gotten drunk several times, waved down cars with a hairy wig down her pants, carried on with a blow up doll and puked in Tiffany's bathroom, so I'm pretty sure she has been her "authentic self" in front of Tiffany all season!  It initially struck me as a quest for relevance - a storyline, a continuation of something she may have gotten positive feedback for at the beginning of the season?  Or on the other hand - a desire to nitpick Tiffany for the cricket pizza and saying something Brandi didn't seem to understand about her pills?  I'm curious to see how this ends - often the "scenes from next week" are misleading so I'll wait.  But it better not be another rerun with some hags from a franchise I don't even watch trying to be witty!!!

She went away to some rehab center last year after the video brouhaha, so I assumed that's what she was talking about.

Covered above.

Edited by Anne Thrax
On 3/4/2021 at 6:21 AM, MaggieG said:

These women are really coming hard for Tiffany, I feel bad for her. It's not Tiffany's fault that Brandi feels uncomfortable. They had a good conversation on the day they met, Tiffany explained why the video was wrong and they moved on. Tiffany has been pretty understanding and even again during this dinner she tells Brandi that she doesn't believe Brandi is racist. Why is it all on Tiffany? Also, why are we still talking about her 10:30 party end time. The woman is a Dr and has to get up early!

So why give a party on a day when you have to get up early the next day and be a doctor?  People don't plan parties for adults on  weekdays  because most of us have to get up during the week and be at our best for our jobs.  That's why Tiffany is considered socially awkward -- because she doesn't see anyone but herself when she's supposed to be in hostess mode and thinking about making her guests comfortable. Plus she thinks her guests shouldn't be offended when she makes rules for them like "no fighting" (really??) and "everyone has to leave by 10:30".

• Love 4
On 3/7/2021 at 1:48 PM, Anne Thrax said:

So why give a party on a day when you have to get up early the next day and be a doctor?  People don't plan parties for adults on  weekdays  because most of us have to get up during the week and be at our best for our jobs.  That's why Tiffany is considered socially awkward -- because she doesn't see anyone but herself when she's supposed to be in hostess mode and thinking about making her guests comfortable. Plus she thinks her guests shouldn't be offended when she makes rules for them like "no fighting" (really??) and "everyone has to leave by 10:30".

I'd bet $100 that it was a production thing.  

Tiffany, you'll throw a party on Tuesday the 23rd.  

But....I have a surgery the next morning!  

Well, that's the day production will be at your house, figure it out.

And.....cue drama.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
34 minutes ago, Starlight925 said:

I'd bet $100 that it was a production thing.  

Tiffany, you'll throw a party on Tuesday the 23rd.  

But....I have a surgery the next morning!  

Well, that's the day production will be at your house, figure it out.

And.....cue drama.

I can totally see this, but still didn't find her vibe welcoming overall.

I really respect Tiffany's career, and I wouldn't be so annoyed if the 10:30 cut-off time was ONE thing she mentioned. I also think it's the way you say things. (I have a blast with my new friends and wish I could stay up all night having fun with you, but I do have to end the night early this time since it's a weekday. I don't know about you all, but I really need sleep to function at work.) Honestly, MOST people read social cues of the host being tired and over the party and know when to call it a night without being instructed to do so. 

Tiffany laying down a bunch of ground rules in general is what rubbed me the wrong way. "Shoe covers, shoe covers! Do not fight. I know that's hard for you uncultured heathens. You WILL eat crickets whether you want to or not! I'm so sorry you're throwing up, but SHOE COVERS!" To me it seemed like she was talking down to them like they were school kids who were going to get mud all over her house, break things, and have no clue when to leave. 

I don't entertain a lot at home either, but to me some things are common sense. Your guests should feel like they're wanted at your house. Your guests shouldn't feel like you're annoyed they're there and more concerned with your house than them. Social cues are a thing with shoes as well. If I go to someone's house and see shoes are at the entrance and/or the host isn't wearing shoes, I take that as a sign to take off my own shoes.

In Tiffany's defense, she's said she's one who appreciates rules, so I give her benefit of the doubt all of this was said with good intent. 

• Love 5

Ok I just sat and really watched this and WOW did that not feel like the girl was being ganged up on at that table ... I am ... wow that’s all I can say after watching that ... and then to end it with Brandi’s tirade about not being her authentic self around her and she had no chance at that table she sat there apologizing for things and just being beat down .. 

• Love 4

Kary actually equated mental health struggles with weakness. Wow. 

Steph being offended about someone else’s conspicuous consumption? Give me a break. Didn’t she laugh about owning a purse that cost more than her sister’s annual salary?

D’Andra, you of the two trust funds, chose to fight your brother for your father’s money, and chose not to share any with your only sibling. Who knows how that forced him to financially struggle - perhaps his mom as well.  So while you peruse your 100s of vulgar, over-priced, pageant queen couture dresses, perhaps give a thought to what your brother was deprived of.  If you were at all genuine, you wouldn’t be doing all of this on camera. 

• Love 4
On 3/3/2021 at 6:05 AM, Legalbeagle421 said:

I’m still very shook that we just had someone pretty much openly admit their shtick and “authentic self” is racism.

It’s also disturbing that this means the others have been laughing along at that for years (I'm especially looking at you, Stephanie). What a mess. Thinking back to the last reunion where they all went around and said how racist LeeAnne is didn’t age well for these ladies, even though LeeAnne was dead wrong for her behavior, also. 

This is especially a bad look for Brandi considering she's the one made a grand gesture of rebuking LeAnne for her racism towards Kary last year.  Brandi got up from her seat at the reunion and walked off set to drag a metal folding chair back for LeAnne to sit in for a timeout. I bet she really regrets doing that now.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, Rahul said:

This is especially a bad look for Brandi considering she's the one made a grand gesture of rebuking LeAnne for her racism towards Kary last year.  Brandi got up from her seat at the reunion and walked off set to drag a metal folding chair back for LeAnne to sit in for a timeout. I bet she really regrets doing that now.

That really bugged me. Knowing what we know now, it makes me wonder if Lee-Ann's "what-the-hell-is-happening" face at the time was because Lee-Ann knew Brandi off camera, and knew Brandi was not above generalizations/jokes/remarks etc.

• Love 3