Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E08: Fathers And Mothers, Daughters And Sons

WendyCR72
  • Start Topic

This episode already makes me want to hurl after just seeing the promo. With all the custody issues, relationship drama seems to be front and center. I really can't believe this show is tied to Dick Wolf.

I'm super confused. I didn't think that I missed that many episodes but I must have. Last I remember Augie needed a new liver. They found a match? And it was from his biological family? Why was Augie given up for adoption? Was the brother a half-sibling born after the bio mom married the dad?  I also missed the first 10 minutes so idk if that was explained then. 

• Love 3

Oh, look, Owen doesn't listen any better than his mom does!

God, these people are all horrible.

Ethan is so whipped by this new doctor. Even more than he is by April. (That's her real objection - only she gets to keep Ethan's balls in a jar. There are two, but she won't share.) Bets that a cursory background check on Dean would have shown he Doesn't Play Well With Others? (Looks like next week he starts the shit-stirring.)

I love Dr. Charles, except for everything having to do with his kid. Then he's just another MedAsshole. He really is kind of a manupulative bitch with his ex. 

Run, Crocket, run!

• Love 3
3 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

I'm super confused. I didn't think that I missed that many episodes but I must have. Last I remember Augie needed a new liver. They found a match? And it was from his biological family? Why was Augie given up for adoption? Was the brother a half-sibling born after the bio mom married the dad?  I also missed the first 10 minutes so idk if that was explained then. 

Augie didn’t get the liver from a bio relative. Apparently the brothers were taken from their birth mother and ended up separately in foster care. The older brother was adopted. His parents found out about Augie through the genealogy site Maggie used trying to find a relative for a transplant. Ms. Godwin somehow found out about this after Augie got his transplant. I think that’s about it!

• Love 1
8 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

Augie didn’t get the liver from a bio relative. Apparently the brothers were taken from their birth mother and ended up separately in foster care. The older brother was adopted. His parents found out about Augie through the genealogy site Maggie used trying to find a relative for a transplant. Ms. Godwin somehow found out about this after Augie got his transplant. I think that’s about it!

Thanks.  So the married couple with Keshawn(spelling?) were not Augie's biological parents, then. Gotcha. That makes more sense. What a heartbreaking decision for Maggie to make.☹️

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

Thanks.  So the married couple with Keshawn(spelling?) were not Augie's biological parents, then. Gotcha. That makes more sense. What a heartbreaking decision for Maggie to make.☹️

I just wonder if that couple are ready for the health problems that Augie has/will have. Maggie being a nurse was an ideal situation for him (besides her being a great person). BTW, I wonder when Chekhov’s... I mean, Maggie’s bio daughter will show up?

• Love 7
7 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

I just wonder if that couple are ready for the health problems that Augie has/will have. Maggie being a nurse was an ideal situation for him (besides her being a great person). BTW, I wonder when Chekhov’s... I mean, Maggie’s bio daughter will show up?

I'll say within the next three episodes, and in all likelihood she'll be unmarried and pregnant. 

Edited by preeya
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, jabRI said:

WINGS!  since then, no, unfortunately

He seemed okay in his Law & Order: Criminal Intent role ages back playing some pharmaceutical rep. Of course, he was also the victim who was also offed within five minutes, so...  😛

This episode felt like there were a lot of scenes that were cut. It was decent though I guess.

Whilst I feel bad for Maggie that she decided to let Oggie go be with his brother, at least we don't have to hear that ridiculous name anymore. 

Ethan looked more in love with that Captain than he ever did with April.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 3/12/2021 at 11:35 AM, Quark said:

This episode felt like there were a lot of scenes that were cut. It was decent though I guess.

Whilst I feel bad for Maggie that she decided to let Oggie go be with his brother, at least we don't have to hear that ridiculous name anymore. 

Ethan looked more in love with that Captain than he ever did with April.

It’s Augie. Short for Augustus, I assume. Still a weird name in this day and age.

• Love 3

To nobody's surprise, Maggie is going to give up Auggie. They just had to drag it out for the drama.

Why the hell is Crockett even involved in the care Natalie's mother? That's a clear conflict of interest. Not to mention, her mother has a cardio issue. That would be in Dr. Latham's territory, as he is the cardio attending.

Ethan is totally whipped by his old superior officer. Only a matter of time before that blows up. It is a character played by Steven Weber, after all.

Probably the only decent storyline was Dr. Charles and his daughter. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, WinJet0819 said:

To nobody's surprise, Maggie is going to give up Auggie. They just had to drag it out for the drama.

Why the hell is Crockett even involved in the care Natalie's mother? That's a clear conflict of interest. Not to mention, her mother has a cardio issue. That would be in Dr. Latham's territory, as he is the cardio attending.

Ethan is totally whipped by his old superior officer. Only a matter of time before that blows up. It is a character played by Steven Weber, after all.

Probably the only decent storyline was Dr. Charles and his daughter. 

Yeah, I pretty much only watch this to see what Dr. Charles is up to and whatever trauma Maggie has going on.  Ethan and April, Crocket and Natalie,  Will and his trial.... none of them interest me at all.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, WinJet0819 said:

Same reason he operates on cancer patients.  Just cuz.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 3/13/2021 at 9:38 PM, LittleIggy said:

It’s Augie. Short for Augustus, I assume. Still a weird name in this day and age.

Augie, Augie, Augie. Oi, Oi, Oi.

Edited by Leeds
Because I wanted to delete an unecessary file. Why can't I?
On 3/15/2021 at 12:36 AM, WinJet0819 said:

I thought of a solution that would work for everyone (especially me) - Maggie moves with Auggie to wherever the other family lives (California?).  That way, everyone's happy.