Type keyword(s) to search

S13: Mitchell Perry

• Start Topic

That was a deliberate tactic.  He's trying to establish his "helpfulness" early.  If he keeps it up, it will bite him in the ass.  Tim will absolutely tell him something along the lines of "If you have time left over, you need to be using it to make YOUR garment the best it can be".  It's the same with every Reality competition, be it room design, cooking, clothing design, etc.  If you have so much time left, you did something wrong, you didn't do enough or you didn't finish it correctly.  

I felt bad for Carrie when he loudly declared how tired he was of her schtick already. Self-awareness

is not his strong suit.

Juxtaposed with other designers who seem to have really humble or difficult upbringings, Mitchell sounded like such a drama queen when he talked about his own background, carefully avoiding any specifics.

• Love 2

I felt bad for Carrie when he loudly declared how tired he was of her schtick already. Self-awareness

is not his strong suit.

Juxtaposed with other designers who seem to have really humble or difficult upbringings, Mitchell sounded like such a drama queen when he talked about his own background, carefully avoiding any specifics.

That's literally when I decided I was over him, the sec on he said that about Carrie. His Sparkle Pony act in the audition show had already turned me off, but that was the clincher. 

• Love 1

Mitchell is a "type" that PR has cast throughout the seasons. Season 1 Jay was the prototype and Christian Siriano transcended it. Suede was that "type" but he was actually a nice guy. Then there's Josh. I feel like Mitchell wants to be this season's Josh, down to the short shorts, and wants to be that "type" more than just be himself.

• Love 2

I hate Bitchell, I hate that the producers kept him on for "DRAHHHHHH-MAHHHHH!!!", but most of all, I hate his fucking plaid shirts with the sleeves ripped off. You look like Florida, you assclown. (And I'm from NC.)

• Love 1
(edited)

Are "Serial Killer From the 1980s" glasses back in style? In the workroom he was giving me Dahmer realness.

So much this. From the neck up, he looked like he had bodies buried under his porch. From the neck down, Florida (which, still...bodies).

I imagine he was helping his Memaw go through his Pop-Pop's stuff after he died, and was like, "Dibs on his glasses!"

Edited by bilgistic
  • Love 1

@bilgistic,

I respectfully disagree with your "Florida" characterization.  That look to me is PURE South Georgia redneck. Bitchell is actually from Jacksonville.  He just landed in Ft. Lauderdale recently, but I guarantee he grew up in the Northern part of Jax that straddles the FL/GA line.  (Hey, isn't that a singing group?)  They're swamp folk over yonder....

• Love 1

I am (at least) eighth-generation North Carolinian and have family in Georgia, so I know from redneck and country. ;) Bitchell's whole schtick is why people--including those who live in the South--pick on people from the South.

Tom and Lorenzo called him Jorts McFlipFlops in their recap. I laughed so hard I snorted.

I have to find a way to use that in a conversation.  I'm not sure how, but its too genius not to try.

Are "Serial Killer From the 1980s" glasses back in style? In the workroom he was giving me Dahmer realness. Also not cool the way he talked shit about Carrie, loud enough for her to hear. I know what it feels like and it sucks.

LMAO @ "Dahmer realness" I'm gonna have to try to incorporate that into my daily life too!

I'm way less impressed with The Mitchell than I had hoped I'd be...both on a talent level and a crazy level.  He's just your run of the mill asshole with a sewing machine.  I knew he wasn't going home, though, the producers are hoping he'll bring the stereotype drama to the season.  

I'm not so sure Mitchell's being helpful or nice is an act. He was nice to Sandhya this past (the 2nd) episode when he thought she needed a hug. It seemed like he worked fine with his group and in my opinion had what should have been the winning outfit even in all of its sparkly glory, because there was also interesting structure and touches put into the garment. The rest of his team I also thought did fairly well and so didn't seem to be hampered by being on the team with him.

I actually thought that their team should've won and definitely didn't see what the judges saw in the winning collection. I actually said "what the hell is that?" when that collection came down the runway and thought it was the worst. I agree that his style is out there and Georgia hick, but I actually don't mind that or even a little bitchiness if he owns it - then again I didn't mind Joshua and liked him even better in All Stars, so maybe there's no accounting for my taste ;-) .

I'm personally glad Mitchell didn't get eliminated and if he continues to design a little over-the-top but fabulous stuff like that DVD dress even if the judges can't seem to see its merit, I'll keep rooting for him. Sometimes I think a season needs a little Kayne-like style in it, and if Mitchell can provide that and has the guts to continue staying with his point of view (like Kayne did), I'll continue to support that.

Time will tell if this second episode is more indicative of what Mitchell is going to bring to the table than the first episode, but until something happens to prove me wrong and I have to retract, I'm going to be rooting for him. I said it, and I'm going to own it.

I wonder what a Mitchell/Char collaboration would look like?

Paul Mitchell, of course!

He definitely gets good guy points for the last episode.  The hug to Sandhya, the relatively drama-free behavior and killer outfit were all great to see. 

I really don't want to hate-watch any of the folks or this show, so I was really happy for Mitchell's "redemption".  Keep it up, Jorts McFlipFlops!