Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E09 The Bad Client

thewhiteowl
  • Start Topic

Can I get this hour of my life back? I swear the writing has gone so far downhill on this show.  Benny was acting weirdly cheerful when questioning that doctor. I mean a man died..have some respect

• Love 2

Yeah, I've got to say that was more like cyber bullying and bully-pulpiting than a simple "I can say what I want to say because: Freedom of Speech" case.  There are consequences to that freedom.  I was only half watching, but I don't think--other than the defense of the Constitution--they were really on the side of the angels there.  Maybe that was the point.  Maybe that was to show that not all cases have heart-of-gold, misunderstood clients.

And once again, Dr. Bull is reduced to just passing notes in class.  Very sad.  And the story with Danny's dad was really odd, he was too scared to reach out for 15 years? And a PE teacher at an art school?  Why couldn't he be an art teacher or an administrator?  Just fell like a throw away comment.

ReallyAre we expected to believe that no one knew the story about her son - the son of a popular television star - prior to her telling it in court?   That she had never mentioned it a million times on her show?

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I thought for sure that Nancy Graceless was going to say something incendiary in response to Benny's "why do you do this" question.  Because, you never, ever ask a question unless you already know the answer, and he didn't.  But, they went the "oh poor me I lost my son" monologue.  If I were on the jury I would have stood up and shouted "Objectionable!"

Let's look on the bright side.  Bull at least go paid for this one.  He can keep the staff on for awhile longer.

• LOL 1

Like others, I found this episode totally unbelievable. Benny would never have asked his client a question without already knowing the answer. It also made no sense to me that the woman would go after the stepfather like she did. Besides the unknown DNA under the little girl's fingernails, it is likely that there would have been video from various neighbours and business security cameras that would have shown the stepfather leaving and coming back from his bike ride. So in the real world he likely would have been cleared as a suspect pretty quickly. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

I thought for sure that Nancy Graceless was going to say something incendiary in response to Benny's "why do you do this" question.  Because, you never, ever ask a question unless you already know the answer, and he didn't.

I was really hoping he's ask some entirely different question, forcing her to reveal how little she actually cared for the people she was championing and what a nasty person she was, thereby destroying her career. Because, if ever there was someone who deserved to be dropped head first into the shit from a great height.....

But no. They can pull god out of his machine to deliver justice and solve the case every other week, but this time the nasty ratings-whore had to come out on top.

Why do I watch this shit?

• Love 3

I missed something...I saw Bull in court say to Marissa through his mic something like "answer the door" and she was confused as to what he meant, but then I never saw what he was referring to...what was it?

On 3/3/2021 at 3:10 PM, LuvMyShows said:

I missed something...I saw Bull in court say to Marissa through his mic something like "answer the door" and she was confused as to what he meant, but then I never saw what he was referring to...what was it?

He said doubt was at the door.

Agree with everyone about her just being a bully and her personal story sounded so phony.  I can't believe the jury bought it.  I truly hated her and I don't really hate anyone.  I wish she could have gotten jail time to wipe the smirk off her face.

And I thought the first amendment was to keep you safe from government prosecution., Not as an excuse to say any disgusting thing you want to.

• Love 1

I was really afraid they were going to with it’s OK to censor when things being said incite violence.  While I’m relieved they didn’t, on the one hand, on the other the whole premise of the storyline was ridiculous.  No one would get away with telling people over and over that someone is a murderer and to protest outside their home.

• Love 1

Once again so much of this show  is ridiculous.  So  the client testifies as to what the facts of the young girls murder case are. Client didn’t know these things. She is not an investigator.  It was maybe hearsay, but not something she could testify to as fact.  

And why was client so sure her malpractice carrier would pay the judgement?  They don’t normally cover intentional acts, just negligence.  Her acts against the deceased man were intentional.  

And the way the attorney asks the witnesses questions and  then tells them not to answer, that the jury will infer the answer....so bogus. That is totally improper and this guy does it repeatedly.  Ugh....