Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E08: Social Media: The Unverified Rusical

• Start Topic

On 2/20/2021 at 2:04 AM, stormy weather said:

Hide contents

I didn't like it that the "next on" segment spoiled all the characters in the Snatch Game, but wow, Gottmik and Paris Hilton are the same person. This should be fun!

On 2/20/2021 at 2:04 AM, stormy weather said:

They only had the next week's teaser when I watched on Vh1.  So I had to go check for the spoilers.  Wow.  I don't know if I can wait two weeks to unload my feelings on that!

Confession-I didn't realize Tina's character in the musical ish thing died. Totally didn't grasp that, I'm not the swiftest. 

I'm glad someone mentioned Anne Hathaway! I was surprised how much fun she was. Hopefully they'll do more like that. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, phoenix780 said:

Confession-I didn't realize Tina's character in the musical ish thing died. Totally didn't grasp that, I'm not the swiftest. 

I think it had more to do with Tina just lying down like she got tired and needed a nap. She really didn't sell "I'm dying" in her final moments of the rusical.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, phoenix780 said:

The only reason I picked up on it at all was because she'd asked the question about how to die on-screen to Anne Hathaway. Who told her to make a ton of noise so great job Tina at doing the opposite of what was suggested.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

That was some kind of fuckery.  Ru has let better, more talented queens walk away but she wasn't ready to let Kandy go?  Bullshit. 

From the very beginning, every queen on this show has talked about how they were bullied when they were children.  Yet Ru not only allows bullying, she ENCOURAGES it.  I'm not talking about garden-variety drag-queen bitchery; that's expected.  For me, it started with that 'Heathers' bullshit where one group of so-called 'pretty girls' ganged up to go after the girls they called 'boogers' (most of whom were Black).  That was so successful that I guess Ru has decided it's a necessity.  I honestly thought that Silky was the bridge too far.  The response to her was so negative that I thought Ru would dial it back.  But Kandy is so much worse than Silky.  At least Silky had some intelligence and you could understand her when she spoke.  Kandy is untalented and unintelligible.  Her drag is pathetic.  And as far as I'm concerned, when Kandy leaves she can take Tina and Gottmik with her.  One would think that a trans-man would want nothing to do with a bully like Kandy but Gottmik has always struck me as a bit of an asshole.  And Tina is such a filler-queen, I don't give a fuck about her.

It's nice that the Rose and Denali got a chance to shine in the Rusical but who's kidding who?  The reason they've been stuck in the background all this time is because they're not very interesting.  They can sing and dance but other than that, they don't have much going for them.

I'm very disappointed in Ru.  Maybe these queens are the best she can do during a pandemic.  But I'm getting tired of queens who have been doing drag for a minute, don't know who the fuck SYLVESTER is but want to demean and push aside queens they should be learning from.  I still can't think about the way Pearl disrespected Ru ON HER OWN SHOW without seeing bright red.  Drag IS changing, and not for the better, in my opinion.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Okay...I've composed myself.

I don't want to be a bitch and pile on Kandy, but just her voice at this point is so irritating to me, even when she's saying something totally normal.  Like flames, on the sides of my face... 

I get that this is a reality show and they feel they need a villain, but honestly other than Kandy I'm really enjoying the mix of personalities this season, and the funny moments in the werkroom, and the subtle shade, and the fashions.  Maybe I'm not the average viewer, but the show already has enough to hold my interest without Kandy! 

I don't particularly like Tina but I didn't think she deserved to be in the bottom.  Other than that awkward moment when she just sort stopped abruptly and lay down like a kid doing a death scene in an elementary school play, she was...fine?  Eliott was far more underwhelming for me this week.  

Liked seeing Rosé finally get recognition.  Is it just me, though, or did Ru seem kind of disappointed when she asked Rosé what got her into musical theater and received an answer other than the standard, "I was tortured by the other kids and it saved my life"?  

The "Rusical" (stop trying to make that word happen, Ru) was ... meh.  Maybe it was an issue with my TV or I need to get my hearing checked, but I couldn't even figure out what they were saying half the time.  Now that I've written that out, I feel a million years old.

• Love 3