Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Phantom Limb

• Start Topic

Although this was a slightly more serious episode, I liked that they were tackling a few important issues. I get that Drew feels sorry for himself and it sucks that he is going to die without a kidney transplant, but he has been really taking all of Gina's various sacrifices for granted. Your moral opinion about Gina's lifestyle and her choices (sleeping with sketchy ex-boyfriends, drinking, doing drugs, etc) doesn't matter. What matters is that she is giving up a lot of things that she enjoys so imagine having to give up a bunch of stuff that you love so that you can help someone who seems pretty ungrateful and judgmental.

It was very sweet for Drew to call Gina's sister and tell her how generous and kind Gina is for doing this. Even though it just made things worse between Gina and Karla, it was nice that he cared enough to tell her how he feels and try to patch things up between them.

As a parent, Drew should know better than to promise something before he knows he can deliver. That's just setting your kids up for disappointment. He shouldn't have promised to go to his daughter's out of town game until he had actually looked into the possibility of doing dialysis in another city. He said Gina is rash and impetuous but that was a pretty irresponsible thing for him to do. But I'm glad that he didn't even consider skipping dialysis to go to the game.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 7

I liked them taking things a bit more seriously this episode, especially Drew calling Gina's sister to tell her what a great thing she was doing for him. It didn't exactly bring the sisters together, but it did lead to things getting between between Drew and Gina. Still a lot of jokes, but the gravity of the situation was a bit more explored. And yes, while Drew is the one who is dying and that is obviously a big deal, Gina is still giving things up to help him, and that's not nothing. 

• Love 2

Donating a kidney is a huge huge thing, even if it doesn't cramp your daily lifestyle of drugs/etc. And she is doing it not for someone she's deeply involved with, like a family member or close associate. It's an amazing thing for anyone to do. I was really upset that Drew was so ungrateful. 

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

What exactly is holding up the surgery itself? Wasn't it originally that Gina had to be clean for six months before they could do the transplant? Does this set her back another six months? 

It was only three months!

I have no clue what's taking so long, or how much time has passed. Or what the storyline is going to be once the transplant takes place (if it takes place.) I hope to god it isn't about a mismatched romance between Gina and Drew.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, iMonrey said:

What exactly is holding up the surgery itself? Wasn't it originally that Gina had to be clean for six months before they could do the transplant?

I don't know what the exact timeline of anything is on this show, but I thought I should add that even though this show started airing on November (which feels like a million years ago), this is only the seventh episode so I feel like not much time has really passed on the show yet.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 2/12/2021 at 6:14 PM, Blakeston said:

It was only three months!

I have no clue what's taking so long, or how much time has passed. Or what the storyline is going to be once the transplant takes place (if it takes place.) I hope to god it isn't about a mismatched romance between Gina and Drew.

I really hope they remain platonic, too. I like their friendship, and they have no spark of anything else. 

• Love 4

Marco Pennetti, whose real life experience the show is based on, has said in interviews that he and his donor are still in touch and they sound like good friends, but it doesn't sound like it developed into anything else. So that's promising...

• Useful 2