Type keyword(s) to search

FilmNight: Movies you watched recently

• Start Topic

On 3/29/2024 at 5:03 PM, Spartan Girl said:

Lisa Frankenstein: Well, the people that are fans of black comedies like Heathers

I like Heathers, but not to the extent a lot of '80s teens do.  One of my best friends is a huge fan, so I just looked up Lisa Frankenstein (hadn't heard of it) and it's on Peacock, which she has.  So we'll have to give this one a look together on one of our movie nights.  The description sounds utterly ridiculous, but we've liked quite a few ridiculous horror comedies, so we'll give it a whirl. 

• Like 1

Fast and the Furious the original film from 2001.  still pretty solid imo.  I watched the 2nd one years back but couldn't really get into it.   Maybe I'll re-try.

I know Vin Diesel docent appear again until the 4th installment 

Beverly Hills Cop, Beverly Hills Cop II.

Eddie Murphy at his most hilarious. Well, after Trading Places.

I absolutely love his Foley! Lord, I can't remembered the last time I laughed so hard my tummy ached.

• Like 5
45 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Beverly Hills Cop, Beverly Hills Cop II.

Eddie Murphy at his most hilarious. Well, after Trading Places.

I absolutely love his Foley! Lord, I can't remembered the last time I laughed so hard my tummy ached.

We're getting a new one on Netflix this summer, I believe!

• Like 2
Just now, Spartan Girl said:

We're getting a new one on Netflix this summer, I believe!

I know! Is it 4? 5? I saw the trailer and loved it!

With the exception of a few clunkers, Eddie ALWAYS delivers!

I was reading the review about Beyonce yesterday, and my mind went to when he hosted SNL right before COVID, and his "All The Tingle Nadies" skit!🤣😂

• Like 2

The Munsters (2022): This was on SyFy last night. It was worse than I feared, Rob Zombie, what the hell did you to to Herman, Lily, and Grandpa?! Even all the TV movies that came after the original cast were better than this!!!

• Like 2

I just watched Argylle on Apple TV+ and...kind of enjoyed it. I mean I wouldn't have paid to see it in the theater, the hairstyles for a few of the characters were truly unfortunate, and some of the action scenes were too cartoonish and dragged on too long, but Bryce Dallas Howard and Sam Rockwell made for a fun pairing and the ridiculous plot a good ride. I'm not bothered that this probably won't get the hinted-at sequels, but it wasn't as bad as I expected from all the negative reviews.

• Like 2
(edited)

Talk to Me (2022)

I really love this neat spin on possession flicks, but I don't think it quite work perfectly as a drug abuse allegory. I was initially thinking it was supposed to be such an allegory at first, but as the film went on, there is just one detail that didn't quite fit:

Spoiler

Mia trying to kill Reilly.

I guess you could kinda say that a drug could induce paranoia enough in an addict that she would be compelled to kill someone thinking that she's helping him... but I don't know, seems kinda like a loosey-goosey line of logic.

But alright, I'll bite, just because the rest of the film is so well-executed and intense: let's just say Mia is having a schizophrenic/paranoid episode due to the "drugs." Must be representative of cocaine or some hard stuff if it could induce that kind of hallucination. LSD maybe? I don't know drugs.

That said, I'm more interested in the horror and supernatural side of stuff. As others have said, this was a pretty scary film compared to other "elevated horror," mostly because the stakes feel so real due to its drug abuse allegories. The characters are realistically flawed and fleshed out enough that you could picture them as dumb teenagers being dumb teens (as opposed to TV/Movie World dumb kids that are unrealistic levels of idiotic).

And how about that spin on the possession sub-genre? When I first saw the trailer, I was immediately intrigued because it felt like such a fresh concept. Not only that, but I love how it showed just how callous teenagers can be. You hear stories of kids performing seances and other ethically dubious stuff like visiting a graveyard for kicks, so it's not that surprising, especially in our TikTok world, if someone were to upload a video of a possession and some dumb idiot would think, "Hey, I wanna give THAT a try." I heard that "Bodies Bodies Bodies" touched on similar elements regarding kids of the modern generation, so it's not the first time A24 explored how our youth has now an excuse to become even more reckless towards ethics and morals thanks to the existence of social media mass-spreading (mis)information.

Great watch. Can't wait for the sequel.

4.5/5

Edited by MagnusHex
  • Like 1

Daria: Is It Fall Yet?

Really solid topper to end season 4 of Daria. I like the wholesome closure to the love-triangle arc, but especially the nice developments of Daria and especially Quinn (returning them to status quo but with more layers in their established personality).

4.5/5

• Like 2

The Last Right, an Irish indie about a man, Daniel, flying to Ireland for his mom's funeral whose seatmate, an old man headed home to bury his long-estranged brother, strikes up deep conversation and, it turns out, lists Daniel as his next of kin (since he doesn't actually have any) -- and promptly dies.  So in the midst of trying to figure out how to best arrange things for his own much younger brother, who has ASD but is high functioning, once he takes him back to NY, Daniel is initially dismissive but winds up feeling a calling to get this stranger's body out of the authorities' hands and deliver it to the brother's funeral, so they can be buried together.

Of course wacky hijinks ensue (complete with a hilarious duo of garda, a crusty male veteran and a plucky female rookie), of course this is all happening around Christmas, of course there winds up being a wise and wacky woman accompanying Daniel and his brother on this journey, of course she and Daniel fall for each other, of course family secrets are revealed, and of course it ends with Daniel making the decision you'd expect any big city gal on a forced visit to her small hometown to make at the end of one of those countless awful Hallmark movies.  Yet it somehow works.  Maybe it's the acting, maybe it's the Irish scenery, and it definitely helps it's a man making that decision, but it all somehow works in spite of itself. 

I skimmed reviews online, not having heard of this film until it popped up as a recommendation on Prime, and The Guardian was spot on, calling it a "comfortably contrived Irish Rain Man" and "predictable but fits like a well-worn onesie" ("you know exactly what shape it’s going to be once you’re wrapped up in it, but that doesn’t mean it lacks for comfort and warmth").

• Like 2
20 hours ago, Bastet said:

Of course wacky hijinks ensue (complete with a hilarious duo of garda, a crusty male veteran and a plucky female rookie), of course this is all happening around Christmas, of course there winds up being a wise and wacky woman accompanying Daniel and his brother on this journey, of course she and Daniel fall for each other, of course family secrets are revealed, and of course it ends with Daniel making the decision you'd expect any big city gal on a forced visit to her small hometown to make at the end of one of those countless awful Hallmark movies.  Yet it somehow works.  Maybe it's the acting, maybe it's the Irish scenery, and it definitely helps it's a man making that decision, but it all somehow works in spite of itself. 

I didn't think it worked at all.  I thought it was schmaltzy crap with a stupid koombyah ending which would never happen in real life.  I only watched it for the Irish scenery and even then I felt like I completely wasted my time.

Late Night with the Devil

I'm just going to come out and say it: I don't see the big deal with using AI technology as long as the movie proves entertaining. Sure, it might affect the billion-dollar Hollywood industry in the future, but that's hardly my problem. Sorry, but this middle-class (soon to reach lower-class) dude has zero fucks to give because I've got bigger problems and just want to sit down and enjoy a movie, not debate AI.

And for what it is, it is an entertaining movie. We've all known that these Hollywood celebrity schmucks have dealings with scientology and god knows what other Devil cults there is, so this movie isn't too farfetched.

I just love how cynical the entire movie is, up till the feel-bad ending. All of these are unlikable people, even the lady who brought the child to a late night show in the first place. For all her good intentions, she signed up for this gig, so.

I also love the unique '70s late night show aesthetic that was brought to the film. True crime documentaries have been trending for the past decade or so now, so a gritty live television style of storytelling does fit for the modern movie-goers' sensibilities. This has easily been one of my most unique film experiences, period, and it's exactly what I live for: creative horror experiences.

Nice job, AI.

4/5

11 hours ago, JustHereForFood said:

AI has no soul. You can make mediocre art with no soul, but good art is only made with a soul.

Art is subjective, and its beauty is in the eye of the beholder. 'Nuff said.

The Spider (2024)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-tc2YlCqCk

Finally, the live action take of "What If's" "Metamorphosis" issue we never got because Disney pussed out. The effects are scary enough for a fan film and the actor looks just enough like Tom Holland to pull it off.

The idea that getting bitten by a radioactive spider giving you super powers worked well enough in the '60s, but as a Spider-Man fan who had read almost all the Spidey comics up till the Dan Slott Spider-Verse era, I really dug Metamorphosis' subversive take on "What if something went wrong and the radioactivity just made you mutate?" All the power in the world ain't gonna give this any sense of responsibility because he would be too hungry for blood.

And they say Spider-Man is for kids (while Batman is for adults).

5/5

• Like 1
20 hours ago, MagnusHex said:

I'm just going to come out and say it: I don't see the big deal with using AI technology as long as the movie proves entertaining.

The big deal is that it puts actors out of work.  Which, okay, maybe you don't care about them, but I do since they are human beings.  And honestly, there is a difference between an actual actor's performance and an AI-generated one.  For me, the only legitimate use of AI in a film is using it for non-natural performances by animals and inanimate objects.  I would never, absolutely never, want it used in place of a human performer.

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
(edited)
14 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:

The big deal is that it puts actors out of work.  Which, okay, maybe you don't care about them, but I do since they are human beings. 

Big fucking deal. African children are starving and no one gives a shit. Here I am going broke while billionaire actors live luxuriously in their penthouse. I don't give a fuck about actors. They can pump the gas if they're out of work. Human beings still do that. No, this isn't about human rights - this is about their billion dollar paycheck that you're defending, which is hilarious unless you're their agent or something.

And people arguing about actors or defending them on an
Internet forum of all things ain't gonna change shit anyway. If I don't support an AI generated movie, somebody else will. This whole self-righteous crusade is honestly rather silly. I'm gonna do what I want to do, watch what I want, and all anyone could do is offer their empty criticisms feeling good about having lectured this one stranger online (who's probably not even living in the same country as you or any of those actors, therefore not even supporting the economy of the country those actors are from anyway, making this whole conversation even more irrelevant if we're talking about livelihoods).

14 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:

And honestly, there is a difference between an actual actor's performance and an AI-generated one.  For me, the only legitimate use of AI in a film is using it for non-natural performances by animals and inanimate objects.  I would never, absolutely never, want it used in place of a human performer.

If there's a difference, I couldn't tell. The movie was entertaining all the same.

Edited by MagnusHex
20 minutes ago, MagnusHex said:

Here I am going broke while billionaire actors live luxuriously in their penthouse.

The vast majority of actors barely make a living wage and are not billionaires.  Do you feel the same way about anyone who is paid money to do a job?

Honestly, AI cannot possibly give the depth to a performance that a live person can.

22 minutes ago, MagnusHex said:

If there's a difference, I couldn't tell. The movie was entertaining all the same.

That's your problem.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:

The big deal is that it puts actors out of work.  Which, okay, maybe you don't care about them, but I do since they are human beings.  

Which isn't really different than ATM's putting bank tellers out of work, or Excel putting accounting clerks out of work or trains putting dudes delivering mail on horseback out of work. 

• Applause 2
Just now, Kel Varnsen said:

Which isn't really different than ATM's putting bank tellers out of work, or Excel putting accounting clerks out of work or trains putting dudes delivering mail on horseback out of work. 

Actually it is because AI cannot give the same performance that human actors can.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
28 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:

Actually it is because AI cannot give the same performance that human actors can.

This is the thing - not just with actors, but also with other artistic jobs - the results are worse than if you just hired an actual creative to get the job done. (Not to mention the AI models are trained using work from creatives who were not compensated.)

• Like 3
  • Applause 4

A list actors, directors and writers are likely only going to be minimumly affected if AI becomes mainstream.  People will always want to see Tom Hanks,  Juliana Moore or a Stephen Spielberg Movie.  What will be affected is young actors and writers who want to break into the business and end up competing against AI that can generate work quicker and cheaper.

• Like 6
(edited)
7 hours ago, Trini said:

This is the thing - not just with actors, but also with other artistic jobs - the results are worse than if you just hired an actual creative to get the job done. (Not to mention the AI models are trained using work from creatives who were not compensated.)

Maybe now sure, but for how long? It wasn't that long ago that people thought a CGI monster couldn't look as good as stop motion or that a CGI explosion couldn't look as good as blowing up a real house. I just don't think you can stop technology. The documentary on Disney+ called Light and Magic is great. It's about ILM and in one part they talk about how they moved from practical effects to CGI and the effects people who could learn computers and adapt kept their jobs, but those who didn't weren't able to.

Edited by Kel Varnsen
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, MagnusHex said:

And actors losing their jobs aren't my problem either. That's THEIR problem. What does it have to do with me enjoying myself? Tough luck, buddy.

There's not going to be any art for you to enjoy if artists are eliminated from the industry.

1 hour ago, Kel Varnsen said:

Maybe now sure, but for how long? It wasn't that long ago that people thought a CGI monster couldn't look as good as stop motion or that a CGI explosion couldn't look as good as blowing up a real house. I just don't think you can stop technology. The documentary on Disney+ called Light and Magic is great. It's about ILM and in one part they talk about how they moved from practical effects to CGI and the effects people who could learn computers and adapt kept their jobs, but those who didn't weren't able to.

See, I don't think that's the same situation.  The tools and methods changed, but there are still creatives making subjective decisions; AI seems to want to eliminate humans from the equation entirely.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
(edited)
12 hours ago, Trini said:

There's not going to be any art for you to enjoy if artists are eliminated from the industry.

Guess humanity just has to find some other ways to amuse themselves. Like arguing on the Internet.

12 hours ago, Trini said:

See, I don't think that's the same situation.  The tools and methods changed, but there are still creatives making subjective decisions; AI seems to want to eliminate humans from the equation entirely.

That just sounds like a luddite's point of view. Even if AI is as bad as these doomsayers are claiming, it's still a piece of technology that can be used to humanity's advantage. Hell, if it becomes smart enough, it could even be an ally rather than what the cynical technophobe might say.

Edited by MagnusHex

I saw Abigail earlier this week and had a really good time. It's a shame the twist was spoiled--by the trailer no less--but it's probably the kind of thing that can't be kept secret in this day and age. The cast is great, especially Alisha Weir in the title role, and it was fun to see horror movie veterans  Melissa Barrera and Kathryn Newton. And I love Dan Stevens, who picks such interesting roles. I wasn't sold on the choice of actor for Abigail's father, but maybe that had more to do with the execution/the way he was styled and because I was expecting something more out of left field.

Anyway, I think if you liked Ready or Not, made by some of the same people, you'll probably enjoy this.

• Like 1

Why? WHY?WHY?WHY? Did I succumb to my boredom and watch the SHITFEST that was 2005’s King Kong? Two and  a half hours I can never get back. Yes, yes, I did fast forward the parts that didn’t seem to advance the story. This is the second or third time I’ve watched Naomi Watts and I don’t get the praise.

It boggles my mind at the 200% of positive reviews on IMDb this got.

So I watched Kong: Skull Island again ( first time I was recovering from major surgery and was doped up, sadly), and VASTLY superior. And great music. On a shallow note, It was great to see Brie Larson, Tom Hiddleston, and Samuel L. Jackson together in a non-Marvel movie!

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Spartan Girl said:

What was the first?

I’m blanking on the first; the second was that Truman Swans series that I couldn’t watch past the third episode. She’s just…blah for me as an actress.

• Like 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I’m blanking on the first; the second was that Truman Swans series that I couldn’t watch past the third episode. She’s just…blah for me as an actress.

Ah, I see. You’ll probably hate her in the 2013 Diana movie too.

I’m watching the Planet of the Apes marathon on FX. Man, it’s really hard to watch the first two with pandemic memories fresh in the brain and fears of another one in the future….

I know the new movie is getting hype, but I cannot imagine a movie without Caesar, Maurice, Rocket and Bad Ape. 😭😭😭😭

Edited by Spartan Girl
1 minute ago, Spartan Girl said:

know the new movie is getting hype, but I cannot imagine a movie with Caesar, Maurice, Rocket and Bad Ape.

I think you mean without. And same here. So I’m ambivalent about watching it in the theater. 

I never watched Diana. And anything with Naomi as a lead, I’ll probably skip.

1 minute ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I think you mean without. And same here. So I’m ambivalent about watching it in the theater. 

Thank you, fixed it! The trailer just came off as too Mad Max for me, lol.

Diana was not a good movie, regardless of Naomi Watts. The one thing I can say about it is a slightly better portrayal of Diana’s brief romance with Dr. Khan. Slightly,

• Like 1
(edited)

How High (2001).

When I was younger I saw part of it and thought it was pretty silly/dumb.

I have to admit I thought overall it was pretty funny now for whatever reason.  My stance on smoking pot has softened since then.  

Edited by BlueSkies
  • Like 1

Willard (1971): The remake with Crispin Glover was better. Way better. The Bruce Davison Willard wasn’t so unhinged, just more pathetic and desperate. And it seemed like he actually horrified that his rats threw his boss out the window. What, did he just want them to bite him to bits? It’s like the movie couldn’t make up its mind whether to have him go full dark side or not, and it makes the ending feel kind of hollow.

But at least this version doesn’t have the rats kill his love interest’s cat, he just gives it away to some rando at a phone booth. Which is a shitty thing to do, but better than than being eaten alive, I guess.

(edited)

The only thing I ever liked Naomi Watts in was The Impossible the movie about a family in Thailand during the 2004 tsunami. It was a really good movie.

Edited by andromeda331
  • Like 3
8 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

The only thing I ever liked Naomi Watts in was The Impossible the movie about a family in Thailand during the 2004 tsunami. It was a really good movie.

I liked her in that and St. Vincent. 

• Like 2

Watched Dawn of the Planet of the Apes Rise of the Planet of the Apes  last night. Getting ready to watch the last and despite all the positive and some even nauseatingly tongue bathing positive reviews of the new one, No one can make me feel and cry like Serkis’ Caesar. It’s ALL in the EYES.

And while Franco is an ASS in real life, I really enjoyed him in the first movie.

I’m surprised a thread hadn’t been created for the new one. I’m ambivalent about going to see it because one of the reviews I read stated that

it opens with Caesar’s funeral and then transitions to “many generations later. Which could be 50-100 years later.

Decisions! Decisions!!!

• Like 1
(edited)
46 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I’m surprised a thread hadn’t been created for the new one.

It’s right here 

I liked Franco’s character in the first one too. It’s a shame that all the good humans in the series get wiped out by the virus or killed off by the evil ones.

I still love the moment with Draco Malfoy saying the immortal “damn dirty ape” line, which quickly gets overshadowed by the awesomeness of Caesar’s first spoken word: “NO!!!!!” And then freeing all the apes. Chills.

Yeah I don’t want to see 

Spoiler

Caesar’s funeral. It was bad enough watching him die at the end of the last movie—I’m still not over that 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Edited by Spartan Girl
17 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

It’s right here 

Thanks! I guess I expected to see comments since it came out on Friday. Comments from sources have said it’s boring AF and the trilogy should have ended with the last one.

And here, folks have been saying the new director’s previous work on Maze Runner was BAD, but one of the reviews said it was AMAAAAZING; and of course the new hooman is “GREAT!” Which automatically had me 🙄🙄🙄🙄

In movies such as these, with one or two exceptions, All Hoomans are STOOPID and should die. Like in the Jurassic movies!!!

• Like 1

The only thing about the third movie that I thought was weird was how Caesar and Bad Ape could speak effortlessly while the others still only signed or had to really work to speak. What was up with that?

I guess since the new one takes place hundreds of years later they now can all speak?

4 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

The only thing about the third movie that I thought was weird was how Caesar and Bad Ape could speak effortlessly while the others still only signed or had to really work to speak. What was up with that?

I guess since the new one takes place hundreds of years later they now can all speak?

Well I think Caesar also inhaled the extra AZ 112 when he released it and so maybe that helped him to speak better?  And the younger generation got it via the DNA so more muted? 

And yes it’s several generations later-not sure how many years, but now the Apes are the dominants who can speak and the hoomans the stoopid ones.

• Useful 1
(edited)
9 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Bad ape in tunnel:

”Oh no! Oh no! No! No! No!”

Maurice SNARLS

Bad Ape: Okay.”

Me:😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

And the binoculars scene: “Oh nooooooo! Why so small?”

Don't forget Rocket throwing poop at the guards to distract them! The fact that the filmmakers held back that little stereotype until then was brilliant. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • LOL 1

Finishing my rewatch, I just realized--Reeves made Cornelius an Orphan! I mean, I know there are high stakes and all, but to kill off his ENTIRE family?!!!!

And I fear I will be mocked if I post it there, but Blue Eyes' and Caesar's deaths? Still not over it. And never will be.

That Ass Donkey had it coming. I don't care if his eyes were opened at the end.

Poor Luca.

And DAMNED Straight I just ordered the 4K blu rays! Too bad they haven't packaged this in a 3 for 1 trilogy set in Blu ray or 4K.  Just regular DVD, and only the first two in a blu ray set.

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Finishing my rewatch, I just realized--Reeves made Cornelius an Orphan! I mean, I know there are high stakes and all, but to kill off his ENTIRE family?!!!!

And I fear I will be mocked if I post it there, but Blue Eyes' and Caesar's deaths? Still not over it. And never will be.

That Ass Donkey had it coming. I don't care if his eyes were opened at the end.

Poor Luca.

And DAMNED Straight I just ordered the 4K blu rays! Too bad they haven't packaged this in a 3 for 1 trilogy set in Blu ray or 4K.  Just regular DVD, and only the first two in a blu ray set.

I’m not either. Bad enough that they fridged Cornelia but they couldn’t let Blue Eyes live, after all the character building he had in the previous film?! What a waste. 😭😭😭

I mean, they could’ve at least let Cornelius keep his brother! Found families are all well and good, and I know Rocket, Maurice, and Bad Ape would take care of him. Still, it’s heartbreaking.

Almost makes me wish Cornelius was the MC in the new movie…but no, maybe it’s better. Reeves knew what he was doing with these characters. I wouldn’t trust them with the Maze Runner guy.

11 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

I mean, they could’ve at least let Cornelius keep his brother! Found families are all well and good, and I know Rocket, Maurice, and Bad Ape would take care of him. Still, it’s heartbreaking.

It wasn't explained, or maybe I missed it the first and this go around, but wasn't Lake Blue Eyes' wife? I just remember Caesar saying to her that she loved his son, now care for/love his brother, Cornelius.

And yes, terribly heartbreaking.

• Like 1

So has anyone ever seen this 1989 movie Homer and Eddie? I watched this on streaming during the hell year of 2020: an escaped mental patient (Whoopi Goldberg) winds up hijacking a brain-damaged man (Jim Belushi) who is trying to track down the parents who sent him away.

It’s exactly as bad as it sounds. 0% on Rotten Tomatoes, and woof, you could not get it made today, at least not without consultants that actually understand mental illness. Worse yet, it felt like this movie couldn’t make up its mind whether to be a comedy or a tragedy. The ending is quite depressing.

So. I guess with the release of Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes, Hulu has now made the original series of movies (there were five!) available, so of course I watched them!

The second one, Beneath the Planet of the Apes was just useless, and just the same as the first, except things were done to Brent, who was on a search mission to find Taylor.

I had to laugh at what the '70s thought 1991's world would be like!

Of course Victor Newman Hasslein is the evuhl doctor, who want's to kill Cornelius and Zira to prevent the Earth from going BOOM! at Taylor's hand, no less, because of the evuhl hoomans in 3955. But with all that time travel and timey-wimey, would the apes have dominated had Zira and Cornelius NOT gone back in time? And I hand wave away the fact that Baby Milo/Caesar was an actual baby chimp, who then was wearing those masks, because, they didn't have the technology.

But as it is as it's in all of these kinds of movies, be it the Apes, Godzilla, Kong, or the Dinosaurs: 99.999% of HOOMANS ARE EVUHL.

And once done, I went scrolling and just what popped up on my screen? Richard Chamberlain's The Count of Monte Cristo! Hubba, Hubba! I had forgotten how uberly, superably, HAWT Chamberlain was! Those, blue, blue, blueyyyy eyes!

In Love Hearts GIF

In Love Hearts GIF by Looney Tunes World of Mayhem

While my memory is fuzzy on a lot, at least his version kept Valentine Villefort's DAUGHTER, as she should be, instead of his WIFE, that was done in Caviezel's version! And Albert accurately remained Fernand's spawn.

And now I want to go read the book again.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And once done, I went scrolling and just what popped up on my screen? Richard Chamberlain's The Count of Monte Cristo! Hubba, Hubba! I had forgotten how uberly, superably, HAWT Chamberlain was! Those, blue, blue, blueyyyy eyes!

I appreciated that Chamberlain’s Edmond Dantes was actually made to look older after he became the Count of Monte Cristo so that it was believable nobody recognized him. All Caviezel did was grow a damn beard.

Although the 70s Mercedes can STFU. Ferdinand deserved to have his dirty deeds exposed, and he was the one that ruined your stupid son’s family name, not Edmond!

• Like 2