Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E04: Cindy's Story

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

This saturday, the 30th, is Cindy's supersized episode (7 to 9 pm Central).    I think I'll skip it. 

Given how this was a non-episode, I can't even imagine what 'exciting' stuff they will add as bonus scenes.  More of her staring into space saying 'no one listens to me'?   I am skipping also.

• Love 2

I did turn it on just in time to see her refuse to go to Houston, and make the medical transport company wait for her for what must have been hours.    I bet the Garnier company executives are crying their eyes out at Cindy using their hair cream, and wondering how much advertising they'll need to finance to counter the sight of Cindy's sparse hair, and their product being featured.  

• LOL 4

I wouldn’t bring this up if she had been a decent person, but...

I mentioned we are the same age. In one of the photos of her teenage self early in the episode it showed her posing with a giant “95” so, class of ‘95, right? Except it should have been ‘93 (I graduated in ‘92 but was a year ahead). So for some reason, either starting late or being held back or both, she was not one but two years behind. Unless her school just...went longer? 🤷🏻‍♀️

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 1/31/2021 at 1:28 AM, NeitherSparky said:

I wouldn’t bring this up if she had been a decent person, but...

I mentioned we are the same age. In one of the photos of her teenage self early in the episode it showed her posing with a giant “95” so, class of ‘95, right? Except it should have been ‘93 (I graduated in ‘92 but was a year ahead). So for some reason, either starting late or being held back or both, she was not one but two years behind. Unless her school just...went longer? 🤷🏻‍♀️

I think parts of this were almost filmed a year ago, so depending on when her birthday fell (and your birthday fell) I could see you graduating two years a part in school. But thats all I have.

On 1/24/2021 at 12:05 PM, magemaud said:

I recently saw a repeat of an old TLC program about a morbidly obese woman that wasn’t part of the 600 pound franchise. I think the woman might have been in New Orleans and it was a different doctor. At the end the woman suffered some kind of medical issue and passed away. Anyway, part of this woman’s treatment was having the appropriate meals delivered to her every day (kind of like Nutri-System but I think these were arranged by the doctor. In fact, sometimes he delivered them himself when he made a home visit.) I wonder why Dr. Now doesn’t do something like that to ensure his patients get the correct proportion of  1200 calories they need to lose weight. Now, I'm sure many would cheat and eat additional food but at least they could see what they need to eat on his weight loss program 

Last year in the early parts of the pandemic, I discovered a healthy eating take out place a couple of miles from my home. I've been going there ever since. She offers gluten free meals, carb free, plant based meats, whatever you would like, I don't know what she does to ground turkey but it is the best I have ever had. Her motto is not to make it a diet but to eat good food. One of my favorite (and first one I tried) dish of hers is lemon pepper chicken breast with fresh green beans. I'm usually stuffed after I'm done and I'm amazed that it comes in at under 300 calories. She changed her menu every week. Tonight I work the late shift and had chicken taco soup. I have never had nutri-system or any of those deals, but I don't feel cheated by any of these meals. If I were strict with myself, I could easily eat this food and be under the 1200 cut off. 

• Love 4