Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E04: Cindy's Story

• Start Topic

32 minutes ago, Lunula said:

As others stated, I was thinking she must have money given how hard that initial care giver was trying to keep her disabled and in her care. Second that with Sandy's behavior. At first I thought, "Wow, what a great friend. Sandy really loves her."

Didn't she say that they became friends because Sandy was her caregiver before she moved? Hmm...

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Lunula said:

This.

Cindy checked out a long time ago. That, ladies and gentlemen, is someone who wants to die. Even when Dr. Now tried to evoke an emotion about her dying soon, she could barely muster the enthusiasm I typically have when I go check my mail. 

As others stated, I was thinking she must have money given how hard that initial care giver was trying to keep her disabled and in her care. Second that with Sandy's behavior. At first I thought, "Wow, what a great friend. Sandy really loves her." - but that wore out pretty quickly when we saw that she lied about having her room all set up and that she was unable to lose weight in her care. All the hand wringing and, "You're not serious!" statements we heard when Cindy said she didn't want to do the program seemed pretty hollow in the end. Cindy can't even get up to go to the bathroom, so you were bringing her enough food that she gained weight. At 600 lbs. Do you know how many calories that is? Seriously? 

Pretty sad life, sad existence and sad that she's given up on herself and the world. I'm guessing we'll hear of her death in the next couple years. No way in hell she's pulling herself out of that pit. 

Yes, she had that "I'm done" look in her eyes. She had no real emotion. I keep saying I was reminded of James King. She was just waiting to die. And yes, I thought Sandy was really trying to get her motivated and really help her. She wasn't. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, ams1001 said:

Didn't she say that they became friends because Sandy was her caregiver before she moved? Hmm...

When you think about it, the only person we heard saying that the current caregiver was so against Cindy going to Houston was Sandy. We never heard the caregiver saying not to go. (At least I don't remember her saying that.) And, wasn't that caregiver actually right about that decision in the long run?

If you think about how Sandy lied about having a bed, and a beautiful room for her, and how she basically badgered her into going, it sounds like she really wanted her to come there badly. I was wondering even in the beginning, why would someone be so anxious to take on a burden like that? Could it have been TLC money in addition to whatever the government was paying for a caregiver? The fact that someone kept feeding her makes me think they didn't really want her to get better.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I wonder if either Cindy smelled bad, and that's why some wore the masks?  Or it was during regular flu season, so the EMT's were wearing masks? 

Pretty sure it was because of COVID because Cindy also had a mask when they moved her to Texas City.  I thought at first you were referring to the hospital personnel who helped her to the scale.   I am sure that  was because of COVID as they had shields on as well as masks.  I still wonder why Dr Now had no mask when he was in the room.  I thought maybe because his speech might not be understood if he was masked, but he could go elsewhere to make comments. 

I had the closed caps on.  When Dr Now was talking about psychotherapy, it read "cycle therapy."

2 hours ago, Kid said:

There was no way for Cindy to get food without someone getting it for her. I believe Sandy just wanted to be on TV and play the hero.

It said that Sandy had been her caretaker years before.  Cindy would have been more mobile then.  I wonder if Cindy just grew more and more passive and depressed ---well, we know she grew and grew physically---so that the Cindy we saw was different from the one years ago.  The current caretaker was certainly not interested in getting her healthy.  Cindy  certainly didn't turn out to be a hero since either she or someone in her household was enabling Cindy by supplying extra food, and I have a hard time believing either Luis or Kandy could do that without Sandy knowing.  It doesn't look like anyone in Sandy's family is eating healthy; they are all obese.

I still cannot figure why Dr Now didn't admit her when she first arrived.  He has met lots of patients at the ambulance bay.   And I don't think she would have been able to walk into his office even with the walker if she had dropped the 70 pound in one munt  unless she did serious leg strengthening exercises with a physical therapist.

the best bet would have been inpatient treatment with physical therapy as a major component, but with COVID i am not sure they needed to waste a hospital bed on someone who is so ambivalent about getting better.  I think if Dr Now had  had a magic pill that would make the weight disappear that she would not  have the will power to take the pill.  She is in a very bad sitchuashun, but I can't feel sorry for her. 

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, lilysmom said:

If you think about how Sandy lied about having a bed, and a beautiful room for her, and how she basically badgered her into going, it sounds like she really wanted her to come there badly. I was wondering even in the beginning, why would someone be so anxious to take on a burden like that? Could it have been TLC money in addition to whatever the government was paying for a caregiver? The fact that someone kept feeding her makes me think they didn't really want her to get better.

Sandy's entire household was obese, and there was probably a certain amount of enabling going on among those three.  It was a very small house so I don't think there was room for both a chair and a bed in the small bedroom.  I have my problems with Cindy, but I agree with her that moving in with Sandy was a mistake.  That chair must have been expensive so I am guessing it was "one of the benefits from social services" that Dr Now mentioned.  Cindy just bounced from one enabler to another and back again. 

• Love 4

Final gripe: 

2 eggs and turkey bacon

Tuna sandwich and an apple. 

That's not enough to keep a 98-pounder alive. Cindy claims to have gained on this. Sandy was a secret feeder for sure.

I went back to watch the beginning that I missed. The brunch of an 8-pc family chicken meal was eaten so so so slowly, with so little enthusiasm. This woman doesn't seem to enjoy anything.  

• Love 2

I think when Dr. Now was in the patient rooms, he was pretty far back from Cindy, and not directly in front of her.     I bet this is one of the final ones that were filmed for last season, and they couldn't persuade Cindy to do a final TH.    There was no point in even talking to her again.   I don't think Dr. Now should have accepted her as a patient, with her history of a year stay in the hospital, losing 100 lbs., and then regaining pretty quickly as soon as she was released.       She was never going to get with any program, and there was no point in moving her to Houston, or Dr. Now wasting his time.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Schnickelfritz said:

Anyone else hoping for a last minute update along the lines of...

In breaking news, a former My 600 Lb Lifer was killed in a freak accident while being transported by ambulance to her home in southern Texas. While in transit, the doors of the ambulance flew open and  the former reality tv (not) star launched onto the highway.  She did manage to land in a ditch but tragically starved to death as she was without food for an entire hour while waiting for help. The victim claimed that no one was listening to her, that she didn't need any help, it was all Sandy's fault and asked where the neared Popeye's was.

In unrelated news. one lane of the highway will be closed indefinitely as workers fill a mysterious crater that appeared.

I love this, and it's so true.   If there was a jury trial resulting from this, just get a jury full of other transport personnel, and instant acquittal.    

I'm wondering if Sandy told Dr. Now how bad off Cindy's health is?   

I actually side with Cindy on this. She refused. She didn't want to go. She didn't want to fix her health. Others pushed and demanded. Let the woman die if she wants to. She said no to the ambulance ride. She said no. Sandy has some serious control issues. Butt out, woman.

Edited by Suzywriter
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Chatty Cake said:

How do these people afford the food? Cindy mentioned she was on disability and I’m guessing Medicaid paid for the caregiver. The grocery bills and fast food have to be extremely high. 

If she was on SSDI (disability via health reasons) then it would be Medicare, not Medicaid.  Medicaid would only be given if she was getting SSI (Supplemental Security Income). I doubt she was getting that because, like others, it seemed like she had more than just government money coming in...The people in her life seemed overly eager to stick around and be in charge.

She had to be on benzos or something, right? She not only seemed checked out, she seemed like she'd never even been through the front lobby. 

• Love 8
18 hours ago, nutella fitzgerald said:

I’m new to this show.

Welcome, @nutella fitzgerald!  Don't judge this show by this one episode, as others said.  Some are crazy and fun to snark at (like Shenee!), some do great and are fun to cheer on (like red-haired Justin).  Some are, unfortunately, boring like this one, but the fun in the live chat is why I personally watch the show.  I don't watch on my own unless it is to finish an episode if I was distracted or fell asleep...  

14 hours ago, SDVegas said:

What was Sandy’s end game here? Is it truly impossible to not provide a bedridden person with whatever unhealthy foods and huge portions that person wants? I’m baffled. 

So many people just cannot say no.  They can bitch and moan, complain to everyone within hearing about it, but when asked directly, they are so afraid of a confrontation, they just give in.   

5 hours ago, Cherrio said:

I think most if not all of these folks are on opioids, because she looked so zoned out.  

Wouldn't surprise me... these people should be in a lot of pain from the strain their weight puts on their bodies.  Unfortunately, prescribing a painkiller is an easy way out, vs. getting them to lose weight and do physical therapy.

3 hours ago, Kid said:

I believe Sandy just wanted to be on TV and play the hero.

That's certainly a possibility...

• Love 4
1 hour ago, lilysmom said:

When you think about it, the only person we heard saying that the current caregiver was so against Cindy going to Houston was Sandy. We never heard the caregiver saying not to go. (At least I don't remember her saying that.) And, wasn't that caregiver actually right about that decision in the long run?

TLC only pays $2,000 and that's for moving expenses. While that might be a lot of money for some people, I don't think it quite averages out to be worth it if you consider the cost and upkeep of keeping someone like that in your home. Although I definitely buy the fact that Sandy wanted to be her new (paid) caregiver. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Kid said:

In her defense, and I HATE defending her, she was clear from the beginning that she did not want to do it.  She could not gave been more clear.

I found Sandy more dispicable.  She drags her to Houston and continues to do what the healthcare person in Cindy's home was  doing -FEED HER!!  There was no way for Cindy to get food without someone getting it for her. I believe Sandy just wanted to be on TV and play the hero.

3 hours ago, Lunula said:

This.

Cindy checked out a long time ago. That, ladies and gentlemen, is someone who wants to die. Even when Dr. Now tried to evoke an emotion about her dying soon, she could barely muster the enthusiasm I typically have when I go check my mail. 

As others stated, I was thinking she must have money given how hard that initial care giver was trying to keep her disabled and in her care. Second that with Sandy's behavior. At first I thought, "Wow, what a great friend. Sandy really loves her." - but that wore out pretty quickly when we saw that she lied about having her room all set up and that she was unable to lose weight in her care. All the hand wringing and, "You're not serious!" statements we heard when Cindy said she didn't want to do the program seemed pretty hollow in the end. Cindy can't even get up to go to the bathroom, so you were bringing her enough food that she gained weight. At 600 lbs. Do you know how many calories that is? Seriously? 

Pretty sad life, sad existence and sad that she's given up on herself and the world. I'm guessing we'll hear of her death in the next couple years. No way in hell she's pulling herself out of that pit. 

I can't believe that I am rewatching this...but it disturbed me greatly that Sandy seemed to take Cindy hostage.  Cindy was right...nobody was listening to her.  She didn't ask for help.  She asked for a bed and chicken, and was happy to pay someone to bring both. Sandy interefered. 

• Love 14
10 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

I can't believe that I am rewatching this...but it disturbed me greatly that Sandy seemed to take Cindy hostage.  Cindy was right...nobody was listening to her.  She didn't ask for help.  She asked for a bed and chicken, and was happy to pay someone to bring both. Sandy interefered. 

I erased it, but I wish I could go back to the beginning where it mentioned Sandy was a caretaker at one point in time.  I wonder how much they kept in touch,. because it makes me wonder if Sandy just popped up after several years and announced the plan to get Cindy to Dr Now.  In that case, I somewhat understand Cindy's reluctance.   And just maybe she was re-thinking if she really wanted to move in with Sandy's family;  we are in the dark about how well she knew Luis and Kandy.  Cindy needed care 24/7 so maybe all three were paid caretakers.   I just wonder......

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

I think (I could be wrong, but they'll rerun the regular episode next Wednesday, and then the Supersized one on Saturday the 30th, if they follow their pattern for this season), Cindy and Sandy have been calling each other, and maybe video chatting since Sandy moved to Houston. 

• Love 2

In this case they should just let her eat herself to death. She's not hurting anyone. She doesn't have hostage-held kids who she's holding back from school or life, no little animals that she's abusing or neglecting, no family members giving everything up to keep her "happy." The people who ARE enabling her are getting paid. At this point, just let her do what she wants. She clearly has no desire to do anything different. 

• Love 21
7 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

In this case they should just let her eat herself to death. She's not hurting anyone. She doesn't have hostage-held kids who she's holding back from school or life, no little animals that she's abusing or neglecting, no family members giving everything up to keep her "happy." The people who ARE enabling her are getting paid. At this point, just let her do what she wants. She clearly has no desire to do anything different. 

Sad (from most of the world's viewpoint), but true.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

Sad (from most of the world's viewpoint), but true.

You can't save someone who doesn't want to be saving.  And she has never really had any semblance of life.  Even food was for her not a joy but something to just fill her days as well as her stomach.  Maybe some serious psychiatric care when she was young would have helped, but I feel it was both nature and nurture and there really wasn't any promise in her life from the very beginning.

• Love 6

Due to the pandemic we watch this on recorded delay several days after. 

My eating habit tonight was leftover steak thin sliced over mixed greens, a tomato, croutons and ranch dressing. 

At some point in the endless stalling,  we both turned to each other and said “Just fast forward to the end.”

This woman is so damaged. I truly feel for her. At the same time I’m amazed at her inner narrative. It is awful. Nothing is her fault or responsibility.

Since we are on lockdown we’ll watch the rest. I might make cookies. 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Yes, she had that "I'm done" look in her eyes. She had no real emotion. I keep saying I was reminded of James King. She was just waiting to die.

Yes and thank you for recalling his name. I had the same thought. 

• Love 1
14 hours ago, nokat said:

Because I like LoTRs, second breakfast. 😉

What about elevensies?  I hope she didn't miss that meal.

14 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Same thing I thought.... what do you have to do? 

She had to rearrange her sock drawer, find her paperwork, do paperwork, braid the twelve strands of hair on the top of her head, shift her weight from one butt cheek to the other, stare at the wall, perfect her grunting and groaning, complete the daily entry in her litany of complaints journal, sort her plastic eating utensils, stroke her enormous lymphedema.  She has a very full schedule!

• LOL 14
11 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

What about elevensies?  I hope she didn't miss that meal.

She had to rearrange her sock drawer, find her paperwork, do paperwork, braid the twelve strands of hair on the top of her head, shift her weight from one butt cheek to the other, stare at the wall, perfect her grunting and groaning, complete the daily entry in her litany of complaints journal, sort her plastic eating utensils, stroke her enormous lymphedema.  She has a very full schedule!

I forgot about elevensies!

Braid the twelve strands left on her head? Shift her butt weight? Sort her plastic utensils? Those made me laugh, but stroking her lymphedema made me almost reach for my grapes.

Edited by nokat
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
On 1/20/2021 at 10:31 PM, Pondlass1 said:

What was her friend feeding her? I don’t understand. Her friend seemed so hung ho to help. We didn’t see Cindy phoning take out or even actually eating. This episode had hardly any eating. Just whining.  Lots of whining.  Maybe the caregiver just wanted TV exposure because Cindy gained under her care. She didn’t help at all.

Anyway Cindy has maybe 5 years left. She’ll eat herself to death. Humans are an odd species. Eat themselves to death, some starve themselves to death. It’s a mad mad mad world 

Lots of things didn't make sense to me, starting with why this ep was part of the series.  For a while I expected the black screen of doom to say Cindy had died, but there was commentary from her throughout, so I knew that wasn't going to happen.

Why indeed didn't she lose weight while staying with her friend?  And why did the friend answer "yes" when Cindy asked if she had a bed for her at her house?  Why couldn't Cindy get someone to help her buy a potty chair, or even improvise one from an old plastic chair with the seat cut out and a bucket underneath?

I have to sympathize with Cindy for not wanting to continue to sleep in a recliner--her back must have been killing her--and (apparently) soiling herself because there was no way for her to get to a toilet?

My understanding was that Sandy (was that the friend's name?) was a former caregiver who had moved away.  As such, she should have known exactly what kind of equipment Cindy needed--and probably have been able to borrow at least a potty chair.

This was a terrible, frustrating episode.

Edit to quote somebody else:

I suspect that as others guessed, that huge chair made it possible to take care of Cindy without calling people from outside the house to help.    Unless they moved her regular bed from her apartment in Portland,     Also, she was more upright in the chair, which helps her breath (the weihjt of her massive chest wouldn't have allowed her to fully expand her lungs, while flat on her back.     

I was surprised that she didn't have a cpap machine.  I'm sure it was easier for her breathe propped up like that, but I'm concerned that sitting all day without movement would allow phlegm and other lung fluids to accumulate in the lower lobes of her lungs, further limiting the volume of air she could take in with every breath, thus leading to decreased oxygen absorption.

One reason you're made to stand and walk after surgery is to prevent fluid accumulation in your lungs.  "Proning" of COVID patients helps prevent development of pneumonia--"proning" is moving the patient's to a face-down position, which actually helps drain the lungs and make breathing easier.

So while being propped up might be more comfortable in the short term wrt breathing, it's really not good for people with low oxygen levels.  It looked to me like she needed cpap, which gently forces air into the lungs, and pulmonary physical therapy, which involves lying in various positions with your head down and being "percussed" by a therapist.  She's in big trouble, and she doesn't seem to want to do anything about it.

Edited again because I'm up at 4 a.m.

By the end of the episode, I had real respect for the unknown caregiver who from the beginning tried to dissuade Cindy from going to Houston.  Sandy said it was to protect her income (and what are those "Christmas presents for her daughter" she mentioned?  We know Sandy has a daughter), but it's clear that the unseen caregiver knew Cindy and knew the trip and appointment with Dr. Now were a big waste of time.  The UC was obviously more selfless than Sandy, who it seems did not have Cindy's best interests at heart.

Edited by Mothra
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I wonder if either Cindy smelled bad, and that's why some wore the masks?  Or it was during regular flu season, so the EMT's were wearing masks?    If her oral hygiene was as bad as the rest of her hygiene, she might have had the dreaded "Dragon Breath".   

I wonder if that stuff she put on her hair was that hair leave in styling creme?   

She had to smell bad. She wasn’t getting real showers or using a toilet. The scene with the paramedics looked like a nightmare for them.

However, I think the masks were for COVID but these guys may want to make them permanent in these situations.

Oh my goodness. I'd dropped off this forum and stopped following or watching this series. I was channel surfing the other night on YouTube TV which I recently got as a cheaper replacement for cable TV. And, boom, landed on this episode. I hadn't been keeping up, as I said, and didn't know they'd released new episodes. I watched a few minutes of it, and then flipped it off and just read some of the live chat, and this thread. 

Yes, it seems like Cindy is headed downhill toward death, and I'm glad I didn't waste any more of my time watching a TV show about it. If she wants to essentially eat herself to death, she can, and that's that. There's only so much that people can do to try to make someone else change behavior. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Mothra said:

Why couldn't Cindy get someone to help her buy a potty chair, or even improvise one from an old plastic chair with the seat cut out and a bucket underneath?

I may be mis-remembering, but I thought I heard Cindy whine say that Sandy did have a portable toilet for her to use, but that it "didn't work for me."  

• Useful 1
4 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I may be mis-remembering, but I thought I heard Cindy whine say that Sandy did have a portable toilet for her to use, but that it "didn't work for me."  

I heard that,too.  

If I knew how to insert a GIF, I would put one of those about the Wambulance or waaahmbulance (not sure of spelling)

I wonder who we will see next Wed.   My dvr guide does not have the name of a patient, but just a description of the show as following obese patients on their journey to get weight -loss surgery or something similar to that.   It just sounds vague.  then there is another show on obesity immediately following which is past my bedtime.

• Love 1

.....how y'all doing?

I'm a little late to this party, but good golly lord....Cindy was painful to watch.  I really think she relishes that victim, "ughh  ahhh, ughhh, ow, argghh"  role.       ( At first I put roll...maybe that's better suited for her😆)     She knows if she loses weight she won't be able to play that whiney role.  She lives to complain.  I don't think she'd know how to live outside her victim role.    And why the hell weren't they showing what Sandy was feeding her!???.   Sandy should have been, nope....if you want that food, you get it yourself.   Cindy won't be long for this earth, and to tell you the truth...I don't think she gives a shit.   She shouldn't have been forced to go in the first place.  Heaven forbid she goes to a controlled environment.  What did she say in the hospital, "they're not giving me enough nutrition, I'm dizzy.".   Yea, that's called withdrawal from being used to eating 5000 calorie meals!    Of course you're gonna feel like shit!   Of course it's gonna be uncomfortable and miserable at first!   Giving up any addiction sucks!   If it was easy we'd all be 120 lbs!    She  wants food more than she wants to live.   It's her choice I guess. And don't get me wrong.  I know it's damn hard to change.  I've got about 60 lbs I need to lose, with no luck so far.   She really had that flat affect, like a few of the other ones did, really bad.    Phewww, sorry, I went on a bit.  This one took a lot out of me 😄

Edited by suev33 3
  • Love 9
17 hours ago, ams1001 said:

Yes, Sandy was her caregiver for four years before Sandy moved to Houston. I couldn’t get over how Sandy pushed the idea of her coming there to be Dr. Now’s patient. “But where would I stay?” Of course she’d stay at Sandy’s. Sandy made all the arrangements and was pretty relentless in her arguments that it was what Cindy needed to do although Cindy repeatedly expressed no desire to be in the program. Even when the ambulance was waiting at the door, Sandy continued to hound a reluctant Cindy to go. The camera crew was filming and there would be no more episodes if Cindy backed out now. (Okay, Cindy couldn’t really back out of anything, I mean it figuratively) 

I'm convinced Sandy was just doing it for the caretaker and TLC money for her family, to get on TV, and like a poster said above, she thought she would look like a hero.   

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 4
22 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Sandy did get a potty chair for Cindy, but it either wasn't strong enough to hold her, or wide enough to fit her.  

Despite knowing how enormous Cindy was, Sandy probably just picked up an average size potty chair at a yard sale or something just to be able to truthfully say she had gotten one. Cindy would obviously require an industrial strength “double wide.” 

• Love 2

It was a different format this time. We’re were subjected to the usual humiliating shower and toilet scenes (those poor cameramen), followed by two huge meals all in first ten minutes. But then... nothing. We never saw her eat another morsel for the rest of the episode. 

I think caregiver Sandy just wanted to be on TV and shown to be some kind of saviour. She obviously didn’t want footage of what she fed Cindy to be aired. 

Cindy was a burden to no one but herself. She chooses food over life. It’s sad, but her prerogative I guess.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Mothra said:

Lots of things didn't make sense to me, starting with why this ep was part of the series.  For a while I expected the black screen of doom to say Cindy had died, but there was commentary from her throughout, so I knew that wasn't going to happen.

I did, too, especially when they said we'd only get 6 months. I actually googled early in the show, and saw that she was alive and... well, not well, but presumably back in her oversized hospital bed at home.

1 hour ago, Twopper said:

If I knew how to insert a GIF, I would put one of those about the Wambulance or waaahmbulance (not sure of spelling)

Here y'go..

t8DTaWj.gif

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, AZChristian said:

It was too small for her to use. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

It was too small for her to use. 

I looked online.  They do make bariatric ones where the side handles can fold down and they hold up to 1,000 pounds.  Not that expensive.  I would think that was a better option than cleaning her up several times a day.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
24 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I looked online.  They do make bariatric ones where the side handles can fold down and they hold up to 1,000 pounds.  Not that expensive.  I would think that was a better option than cleaning her up several times a day.

I would agree, either way you have to clean her but I'd rather do it the easiest way. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Sandy also said she had a bed all ready for her, too.

What a total shitfest this whole thing was.

If Sandy was indeed previously a caregiver for Cindy, she knew what Cindy needed in the way of equipment, told Cindy she had it, and then either didn't have it at all or tried to make something that was inappropriate work.

I think everybody here has it right:  Cindy didn't want to do any of this; she prefers to sit in her bed and die, and everybody *should* have listened to her.  And Sandy saw this as a way to make a few bucks. 

Shame on everyone involved.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
On 1/20/2021 at 10:05 PM, Concerned said:

Worst episode ever. Nothing happens. Cindy is miserable and non compliant for two hours. Her life plan is to lie in bed and ear herself to death and anybody who attempts to help is only giving her grief. The path of least resistance is to eat and die and that’s what she’s going to do. Skip this episode. Tedious, annoying, dull.

Argh.  I recorded it and am just now half-way through.  Think I'll ff a lot.  
You'd think she'd show some appreciation to her friend.  
I'm guessing that Covid is why Dr. Now didn't take her to his hospital because beds are needed for others.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Ha ha! Are you getting ads for them everywhere now?  That happened to me when I did fat beauty parlor chairs, and fat funerals.

• LOL 5
6 hours ago, Twopper said:

I wonder who we will see next Wed.   My dvr guide does not have the name of a patient, but just a description of the show as following obese patients on their journey to get weight -loss surgery or something similar to that.   It just sounds vague.  then there is another show on obesity immediately following which is past my bedtime.

Melissa M. is what my guide is showing.

18 hours ago, Cherrio said:

Bet this would put a smile on her face for once.

🎶Food, glorious food.

Hot sausage and mustard

While we're in the mood

Cold jelly and custard.🎶

🤣

• Love 1
On 1/21/2021 at 2:50 PM, Caoimhe said:

I wondered if the Apple Watch was her “fall alert” for those rare times she gets up on her feet (no doubt to forage for more food).  I have one and have told my husband that if I fall down the stairs carrying the laundry up and down from the basement he’ll get notified. 😁

I got an Apple Watch for that very reason. I've gotten "lt looks like you've had a hard fall" notifications when I'm sitting in a chair reading. I've had no notification at all when I've had a spectacular fall, and I've had notifications three days after I fell. But it's nice to be able to make a call to the EMTs if I need it. 

• Love 3

Who else was impatiently pacing the room when she was slooooooooooooowly dropping moisturizer in the palm of her hand, and slooooooooowly spreading it thickly in her hair?

And when you thought she was done, she'd do it again?

...And when you thought she was done, she'd do it again?

........And when you thought she was done, she'd do it again?

arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Edited by Toaster Strudel
  • LOL 10