Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E018: Under the Big Top

druzy
  • Start Topic

Chelsea makes a difficult decision about her future. Leah withdraws Gracie from cheer in order to keep Ali safe. Kailyn tries to make amends. Jade deals with Sean's literal and figurative messes after he breaks her window. Briana cuts Devoin.

Airs December 29, 2020

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

Leah: I’m all about Ali’s safety, but I wish to God that Leah wouldn’t be so candid about her concerns to her sisters.  They’ve already expressed resentments about the concessions they have to make to accommodate Ali’s disability.  Why rub salt in the wound and continually make Ali the scapegoat?  Leah could have easily said that they were temporarily discontinuing extracurriculars until the virus stabilized for all of their safety.  That wouldn’t have been a bad idea anyway even if Ali didn’t have special needs.  I’ve said it before: I don’t hate Leah.  I don’t think she’s the sharpest knife in the drawer, but she’s one of the better moms simply because she clearly cares and tries so hard.  Frankly, that’s more than some of the moms in this franchise can say.  I just think there are times when she’s a little too forthcoming with (often exhaustive) explanations and details that these girls do not need to be privy to at their ages.  There are times when you can see the girlses eyes glazing over during these sit-down discussions.  Sometimes it’s okay for Mom to implement a decision with little-to-no explanation.  Leah had better realize before their teen years that they are not her friends.

Jade: Stop discussing adult matters in front of your toddler, you mouth-breathing moron.  The constant cursing and tension are going to negatively affect your tiny daughter.  The camera person actually showed that poor baby looking up at her mother with big eyes as she ranted and raved.  I swear to God, has no one on this show ever heard of waiting until children go to bed before launching into yet another foul-mouthed diatribe?

Chelsea: This insipid girl grates on my soul and always has, but I have to applaud her for finally packing it in.  I’m thrilled that Aubree will not have to navigate puberty in front of the whole damn world.  I’m sure she’ll still plaster everything all over Instagram, but at least this is a step in the right direction.  Looking at you, Teen Mom OG mothers.

Kailyn: Your great big mouth got you into trouble yet again, huh?  I don’t care one bit about the impact of that decision.  She invites drama into her life with open arms and my only reaction to that is to express concern for the impact it will have on her boys.  

Briana: Sure, Devoin did her wrong posting her number online, but she loved every minute of the drama.  The private circus was bizarre.  I didn’t love how it put the performers at risk for the sake of Family Briana’s entertainment, but I’m sure they were paid a pretty penny, so I’m a little conflicted.

The person whose voicemail Briana played: You made some excellent points.  The star of the episode!

• LOL 1
  • Love 15

So Devoin doxxes Briana's phone number to the world and that is what she's worried about the girls finding out about her on the internet?

Whatever anybody thinks about Chelsea she's doing the right thing.  Aubree must be so relieved.

I liked the Addie we saw tonight and it was nice to get to see who Gracie is, apart from the sibling group.  She was very mature in her message to her coach.

• Love 11

First of all, those constant commercials for OG are disgusting.  I can't even look at those grown women acting stupid for even one more episode.

Kail kept saying she 'embarrassed' Lauren. That seemed so underhanded a way to film her reaction, like she was so understanding that Lauren would be so humiliated by what Javi did etc. And to do her mea culpa with the aforementioned 'poor humiliated Lauren' chant rippling through it was just wrong. I hated her for that.

The circus winters in Florida and the performers are probably having a hard time with the pandemic shutting everything down. That they can put on private shows for small groups and get paid for some work under these circumstances I think is great. As long as there are no animals involved. (My dad was a trapeze artist long ago so I have a soft spot for circus performers.)

That said, Briana's 'everyone look at me!' during the performance was just plain rude. She and her entourage had to make a scene right there over Devoin's latest failure as a coparent.  She is such a little drama queen. Devoin is an asshole who does next to nothing for his kid and has no business doing what he did with her phone number but she is impossible to coparent with IMO. I really dislike that woman. (none of these idiots are 'girls' anymore.) And the entire scene with Devoin irritated me no end because I knew that asshole was getting paid for that smug cottonmouthed nasty little convo with his friend. Such a total loser. Briana chose him though, and as I've said before her chooser's broken.

I think Leah makes a big production about covid and her decision making because she lives in an area where folks might look at it politically rather than as a health thing and she is self conscious of her taking it so seriously.  Whenever she talks about it I get that feeling from her. She is speaking to folks in areas of the country (thru TV) where it is a serious thing and I suspect is surrounded by friends and family members whose attitude is whatever it's no big deal and I think it prompts her to over justify everything she does. I question her decision to let the girls go to school or elsewhere and then come home to where Ali is sequestered -- they can bring it home with them. If I had to protect Ali I'd be much more paranoid than she has been so far so I am glad she is at least getting the other girls out of extracurriculars.  Gracie and Addie were good tonight.

Good on Chelsea for getting out.  Re the flashbacks, she has really grown so much prettier as she aged.  I hope Cole starts working again soon.  No more MTV paychecks.

Jade is just locked in battle with all around her and it's only a little bit her fault. Some her fault but she is surrounded by awful people.

• Love 7

Oh! And where is the puppy Jade got?  I don't know but I hope she returned it because the last thing someone with Jade's temperament and busy life needs is a Husky. They need lots of exercise and are escape artists as well. They are a difficult breed to have unless you are all in and know what to expect.  The minute I saw what breed that puppy was my heart sank. But we've never seen it again so.... hmm.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Suzy Rhapsody said:

The person whose voicemail Briana played: You made some excellent points.  The star of the episode!

I was like - PLAY THEM ALL!!

Randy was crying.  He doesn’t want the show to be over!  He’s a stahhhh 

SHUT UP PATRICK!  Kail finally takes a modicum of responsibility and you tell her to not feel bad?  No, she should feel bad!  She hurt someone, she understands that she did something wrong.  That’s growth.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8

Jade looks better without makeup

Amber’s not emaciated;  maybe she’s sober

why was Devoin’s friend Dre wearing two different sneakers???

why is the interior of Chelsea’s house BLACK???

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, teapot said:

why was Devoin’s friend Dre wearing two different sneakers???

why is the interior of Chelsea’s house BLACK???

Devoin's friend with his capri sun pouch LOL

Why is the EX-terior black??  Does she know how hot her house will be in the summer?  There is a reason most farmhouses are white.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, Andyourlittledog2 said:

Oh! And where is the puppy Jade got?  I don't know but I hope she returned it because the last thing someone with Jade's temperament and busy life needs is a Husky. They need lots of exercise and are escape artists as well. They are a difficult breed to have unless you are all in and know what to expect.  The minute I saw what breed that puppy was my heart sank. But we've never seen it again so.... hmm.

You're right! I forgot about that...since we aren't seeing it I'm guessing they gave it away. They were not the best candidates for a dog...and that's an understatement.

Edited by BrownBear2012
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, Andyourlittledog2 said:

(My dad was a trapeze artist long ago so I have a soft spot for circus performers.)

I hope Cole starts working again soon.  No more MTV paychecks.

I used to work for circus and carnival ride operators when they came to town.  Very decent, hard working people.  Not once was I ripped off by any of them.   Their unsavory reputation is undeserved for the most part.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/local/1997/08/17/for-fair-workers-life-isnt-all-fun-and-games/cfece1bf-7904-40d3-b4ff-071b4181be5e

Now for my episode-relevant comment:  Cole is literally Chelsea's Yes-Man.  That's all he ever said during her farewell speeches. 

• Love 6
16 hours ago, Suzy Rhapsody said:

Leah: I’m all about Ali’s safety, but I wish to God that Leah wouldn’t be so candid about her concerns to her sisters.  They’ve already expressed resentments about the concessions they have to make to accommodate Ali’s disability.  Why rub salt in the wound and continually make Ali the scapegoat?  Leah could have easily said that they were temporarily discontinuing extracurriculars until the virus stabilized for all of their safety.  That wouldn’t have been a bad idea anyway even if Ali didn’t have special needs.  I’ve said it before: I don’t hate Leah.  I don’t think she’s the sharpest knife in the drawer, but she’s one of the better moms simply because she clearly cares and tries so hard.  Frankly, that’s more than some of the moms in this franchise can say.  I just think there are times when she’s a little too forthcoming with (often exhaustive) explanations and details that these girls do not need to be privy to at their ages.  There are times when you can see the girlses eyes glazing over during these sit-down discussions.  Sometimes it’s okay for Mom to implement a decision with little-to-no explanation.  Leah had better realize before their teen years that they are not her friends.

Jade: Stop discussing adult matters in front of your toddler, you mouth-breathing moron.  The constant cursing and tension are going to negatively affect your tiny daughter.  The camera person actually showed that poor baby looking up at her mother with big eyes as she ranted and raved.  I swear to God, has no one on this show ever heard of waiting until children go to bed before launching into yet another foul-mouthed diatribe?

Chelsea: This insipid girl grates on my soul and always has, but I have to applaud her for finally packing it in.  I’m thrilled that Aubree will not have to navigate puberty in front of the whole damn world.  I’m sure she’ll still plaster everything all over Instagram, but at least this is a step in the right direction.  Looking at you, Teen Mom OG mothers.

Kailyn: Your great big mouth got you into trouble yet again, huh?  I don’t care one bit about the impact of that decision.  She invites drama into her life with open arms and my only reaction to that is to express concern for the impact it will have on her boys.  

Briana: Sure, Devoin did her wrong posting her number online, but she loved every minute of the drama.  The private circus was bizarre.  I didn’t love how it put the performers at risk for the sake of Family Briana’s entertainment, but I’m sure they were paid a pretty penny, so I’m a little conflicted.

Have to disagree with you on the voicemail thing...not a fan of random people making stalker like bully messages to people. Devoin is a lowlife shit head. Nice role modeling for your daughter asshole...he didn't think that putting her number out there he might jeopardize his daughter's safety? Just to get some sort of revenge on Brianna? MTV should dock his pay for this...One good thing that might come out of this mess is that girls that get pregnant in their teens are stuck with this kind of moron in their lives forever....and what was with him manhandling some creepy mini snake???? 

2 minutes ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

I used to work for circus and carnival ride operators when they came to town.  Very decent, hard working people.  Not once was I ripped off by any of them.   Their unsavory reputation is undeserved for the most part.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/local/1997/08/17/for-fair-workers-life-isnt-all-fun-and-games/cfece1bf-7904-40d3-b4ff-071b4181be5e

Now for my episode-relevant comment:  Cole is literally Chelsea's Yes-Man.  That's all he ever said during her farewell speeches. 

Oh so true about Cole! What a wimp. He is totally whipped.

• Love 6
58 minutes ago, BrownBear2012 said:

One good thing that might come out of this mess is that girls that get pregnant in their teens are stuck with this kind of moron in their lives forever....

I don't think that's a good thing at all - except maybe as a cautionary tale to other high school girls/young women.   But then if these girls were thinking of their futures they wouldn't be teen moms in the first place.  

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Cosmocrush said:

I don't think that's a good thing at all - except maybe as a cautionary tale to other high school girls/young women.   But then if these girls were thinking of their futures they wouldn't be teen moms in the first place.  

Let me rephrase this...One good thing that come out of this show is that young teens can see that they can be stuck with someone like Devoin being in their lives for a long time. I apologize for the wording of my prior post.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, BrownBear2012 said:

Let me rephrase this...One good thing that come out of this show is that young teens can see that they can be stuck with someone like Devoin being in their lives for a long time. I apologize for the wording of my prior post.

Ah, that makes sense.   Yes, these girls are cautionary tales for sure and good reminders that while you can date any dirtbag you want - it's not a good idea to have a kid with one. 

• Love 5

Chelsea's Big Goodbye on Episode 18 didn't boost the viewership very much.

Viewers this season:

806,000 1st episode

693,000 2nd episode

633,000 3rd episode

707,000 4th episode

682,000 5th episode

730,000 6th episode

659,000 7th episode

754,000 8th episode

544,000 9th episode

700,000 10th episode

748,000 11th episode

651,000 12th episode

541,000 13th episode

645,000 14th episode

560,000 15th episode

656,000 16th episode

568,000 17th episode

600,000 18th episode

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-top-150-tuesday-cable-originals-network-finals-12-29-2020.html

Edited by Snarky McSnarky
  • Love 1

I had to cringe when Jade was discussing her problems with Sean in front of Kloie and the other child...the non stop use of the F word and the trashing of Sean in front of Kloie was absoloutely awful. No filters, no off switch, no self control...how does she think this kid is going to be by the time she starts school? 

• Love 6