Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E13: Live Top 17 Results

• Start Topic

One artist from each team is revealed as safe by America's votes. Each Coach then selects an additional artist to move forward. The artist with the next highest overnight votes from each team competes in the Wildcard Instant Save for the last spot in the Top 9.

Original airdate: 12/1/20

50 minutes ago, Mimi said:

My TV Guide shows Sunday Night Football on the schedule for tonight.

It is behind. There was a game that was supposed to be played on Sunday that got cancelled due to COVID and it was moved to tonight, which was supposed to bump The Voice to Thursday. But they still have issues, and it isn't going to be played until tomorrow, so The Voice is back on. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Mimi said:

My TV Guide shows Sunday Night Football on the schedule for tonight.

I know. I was like, what the hell?

I want to go through-  Carter, Ben, Desz, Joseph, Worth the Wait... and I am not sure who else

16 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Is Tanner gone yet? And if not, how is he lasting this long? 

after listening to him yesterday, I thought he sounded so generic country.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Not Worth the Wait!  They belong on the old Ed Sullivan Show.

I was just going to post about my disdain for this LESS THAN Worth The Wait trio. They need to go. The young girl in the middle sings ok and the other two are nothing more than family "back up" singers. How they even got chosen by any of the judges is beyond me. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Valny said:

I would love to know the numbers of the save and how close or not they were to each other.

I agree. I'd also like to know the vote total overall for all. Not just top per team. 

3 hours ago, Valny said:

after listening to him yesterday, I thought he sounded so generic country

That is exactly what I thought about Tanner, and his performance tonight was more of the same. He does seem like a really good guy, and his little conversation with Kelly tonight was kind of touching. But ... there’s just nothing special about him.  I’m not a country fan, but I loved Ben’s performance last night, and I liked some of the other country singers. But Tanner is just oh so typical country. 

I’m glad Kelly saved Cami, my hometown girl. She is definitely talented, and as Kelly said, she is in a different lane from many of the others. I just wish she would tone down the drama a little. 

I agree - Worth the Wait would have been perfect for the Ed Sullivan Show! Lol. They were a novelty in the beginning, and their harmonies were sweet, but how they got this far is beyond me. They were boring last night and terrible tonight. I was cringing when the young girl on the end had her solo part. And they looked especially dowdy and they sang about cancer. Yikes. 

All in all, I think the right people went through tonight. 

• Love 2

Man, that Sid guy looked pissed. I'm glad the girl on John's team won the save, she was the best singer in my opinion. 

I thought Gwen's hair and makeup looked pretty but not whatever it was she was wearing.

Kelly looked pretty too, I like this dress better than the red dress she was wearing last night.

I have to go with Carter or Cami for the win but I think it's going to be the guy on Blake's team he saved or his country singer.

On 12/1/2020 at 7:50 PM, chenoa333 said:

I was just going to post about my disdain for this LESS THAN Worth The Wait trio. They need to go. The young girl in the middle sings ok and the other two are nothing more than family "back up" singers. How they even got chosen by any of the judges is beyond me. 

ITA! The only one who can sing is the one in the middle, and she's nothing special. The other two are back-up singers at best. When the one on the end did her solo bit, I cringed. It was wobbly and awful. The mother also doesn't have a great voice. If they decide to keep performing, they should let the middle one be the lead. Overall, their performance of that song wasn't good. 

And the other night's performance of the Judds' song was also bad. They killed a beautiful song. No comparison to the original, mostly because no one there has a voice close to Winona Judd and their harmonies also aren't as good. 

What bothers me about The Voice is the judges praise everyone to such an extent its ridiculous. I understand they want to be positive and the opposite of Simon Cowell, but I would appreciate some frank feedback from time to time. It is rare. When Blake talked about them elevating their performances to the next level, I rolled my eyes. This is why most of the time I watch the show a day after it's aired and fast-forward through the judges comments. 

WTW only made it this far because of the gimmick of being a trio, which shouldn't even be allowed on this show. Something similar happened last season with the Sunday girls. I can't remember their full name. It isn't fair to allow a trio to compete with single artists. Either open up the whole competition to musical groups or limit it to single artists. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 2
On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2020 at 10:54 PM, JMarie99 said:

I agree - Worth the Wait would have been perfect for the Ed Sullivan Show! Lol. They were a novelty in the beginning, and their harmonies were sweet, but how they got this far is beyond me. They were boring last night and terrible tonight. I was cringing when the young girl on the end had her solo part. And they looked especially dowdy and they sang about cancer. Yikes. 

I really wanted to like these girls, seeing as how I'm literally two small towns over from them in Alabama. I thought they were okay, but not singing competition-worthy. I agree with the girl on the end and her solo part. And she also irritated me by tearing up at literally every comment coming from anyone.

3 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

WTW only made it this far because of the gimmick of being a trio, which shouldn't even be allowed on this show. Something similar happened last season with the Sunday girls. I can't remember their full name. It isn't fair to allow a trio to compete with single artists. Either open up the whole competition to musical groups or limit it to single artists. 

Totally agree on this.

• Love 1