Type keyword(s) to search

New Series Anticipation: I'm So Excited

• Start Topic

‘Saved By The Bell’, ‘Punky Brewster’ Reboots Set For NBCU’s Peacock Streaming Service

NBCUniversal’s newly named Peacock streaming service will feature several original series, the company said Tuesday, including a pair of reboots from the vaults: a newly unveiled Saved By the Bell with original castmembers including Elizabeth Berkley and Mario Lopez, and Punky Brewster, which returns original star Soleil Moon Frye as a grown-up version of her former character.

• Love 2

Mark-Paul Gosselaar will return to Bayside

Gosselaar will appear in three episodes and also be credited as a producer.

[...]

Saved by the Bell and Mixed-ish are produced by different studios, which limits the actor's commitment to appearing in more episodes. The standard industry rule for series regulars to appear on other programs is three episodes.

Original stars Mario Lopez and Elizabeth Berkley will also reprise their roles as A.C. Slater and Jessie Spano, respectively, in the single-camera comedy that explores what happens when Zack, now the governor of California, gets into hot water for closing too many low-income high schools and proposes the affected students be sent to the highest-performing schools in the state — including Bayside High.

Champions alum Josie Totah will star as Lexi, a beautiful, sharp-tongued cheerleader and the most popular girl at Bayside High who is both admired and feared by her fellow students. Totah will also be credited as a producer.

[...]

Peacock is set to launch in April, with originals joining the lineup in summer. 

The new kids all seem obnoxious, but I still kind of want to see it. I was obsessed with the original when I was ten. Interested to see that the annoying looking blonde kid is apparently Zach and Kelly's kid, hopefully he's not as annoying as he seems in the teaser.

• Love 2

Looking at the trailer I’m assuming Zach and Kelly stayed together but Slater and Jessie didn’t. It looks good. I don’t think anyone would be watching for the new kids though. It’ll be like the 90210 reboot where everyone tunes in to see old cast members and then tunes out again when they filter them out.

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, TigerLily20 said:

New trailer in the article

I have to say I'm so excited of this lol....it seems like they are going to try to keep some of the old school charm in it, at the very least we will see how it goes.  I just have to figure out when it starts....

OMG they are referencing caffeine pills?  That's amazing.

I can't even tell from that article if they finished filming the first season before the pandemic hit. 

Why does Mario Lopez look exactly the same?

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

OMG they are referencing caffeine pills?  That's amazing.

I can't even tell from that article if they finished filming the first season before the pandemic hit. 

Why does Mario Lopez look exactly the same?

I was thrilled they referenced the I'm so Excited episode lol, I have no clue when this was filmed but I am hoping it's coming out soon lol.....as for Mario....either witch craft or he's hiding the fountain of youth somewhere....

• Useful 2

I'm not sure if it is just me, but these trailers feels more like a Funny or Die/College Humour five minute skit (like was done for Daria), then an actual show itself.

I'll reserve judgement for the actual show itself. Though its a bit weird having it go from a 3-camera live audience set-up to a one camera show.

• Love 1
On 4/20/2020 at 6:56 PM, Chas411 said:

Looking at the trailer I’m assuming Zach and Kelly stayed together but Slater and Jessie didn’t. It looks good. I don’t think anyone would be watching for the new kids though. It’ll be like the 90210 reboot where everyone tunes in to see old cast members and then tunes out again when they filter them out.

Well, they did have that reunion movie that aired right before Tiffany went on to the original 90210 to play Val, where she and Zack did get married. That was the last time the original cast was together. I think Jessie showed up in the last five minutes.

I guess they had to...trash up Zack in order to create this premise. But I guess Kelly's okay with it?

No desire to watch this. All the "new" kids just look obnoxious.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 2
28 minutes ago, TigerLily20 said:

question, if you don't have the premium account do you not get to see all the episodes?  We watched the pilot just not sure it's worth paying for......

I just signed up for the free trial to watch the rest, and then cancelled it. It was worth the free trial and cancellation. 

4 hours ago, Spencer Hastings said:

I just signed up for the free trial to watch the rest, and then cancelled it. It was worth the free trial and cancellation. 

I may have to look into that, apparently my husband signed up back when he heard about it about 7 months ago, so I may have to sign up under my email

On 11/19/2020 at 9:01 PM, KaveDweller said:

I'm not loving it.......it just sounds wrong somehow.

They likely paid more than a little for it. That's by Lil Yachty, who as ridiculous as his name sounds, is very successful (and thus expensive) now. 

On 11/27/2020 at 10:47 AM, Kromm said:

They likely paid more than a little for it. That's by Lil Yachty, who as ridiculous as his name sounds, is very successful (and thus expensive) now. 

I must be getting old then, I don't like the music that's popular these days...

On 11/13/2020 at 2:29 AM, GHScorpiosRule said:

I think Jessie showed up in the last five minutes.

Yes.

Infamously during the Vegas Wedding movie, she was in Vegas already shooting another movie... Showgirls - in fact her 5 minute cameo in the Vegas Wedding movie... she looked like she had stepped straight off the Showgirls set.