Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10: 1 Corinthians 3:13

• Start Topic

There were so many twists that literally nothing made sense after a while. The reporter faked his death but was really FBI?  Mark, his stupid facial hair, and Rose were going to get married in like two days and then nothing? I never liked Eugene and thought he was trash this whole season but I had no idea how much trash he really was. He was sleeping "pure" Becky and that was his baby the whole time? Even though they made it seem like she and Eric were forced to get married because of the baby...that she knew was never his? Crazy as hell.

• Love 4

Well dayum....that was unexpectedly satisfying.  

I still lament that Paul is dead and I would have missed him in the second season.

That said, this episode made me regret that we aren't getting a second season because this finale was worthy of some old school prime time soap operas.  The way the season just built and built and built and this episode even managed to undo some of my complaints from last week.  

I missed that Mark/Jason euthanized his brother which also made him a murderer.  So he can just be gone and stay gone. I hope Rose had the abortion but I suspect, based on the way she was holding her stomach, that maybe she hadn't. 

The reporter guy is actually a cop and alive so that takes care of Eric as a murderer.  Plus, it looks like Eric has a way to atone for his attempted murder legally.  Eric kind of bored me in the beginning but I found him wickedly entertaining as he lost control of his life in this episode. 

I can even forgive Franklin for attempted murder because Eugene likely deserved it after learning all we knew.  I've watched enough soapy shows that I should have predicted the twist but I didn't.  It took me by surprise.  But the way Margaret flashed back to how young she was when she was first seduced by Eugene when she saw him with the young blonde Becky was just a great capper on those season long flashbacks. 

I'm going to miss Eugene and Margaret battling because that short scene of their was pretty exciting for me.  And seeing what led up to the fire was good.

Yeah.  I just liked this season finale a lot. 

4 minutes ago, TiffanyNichelle said:

Even though they made it seem like she and Eric were forced to get married because of the baby...that she knew was never his? Crazy as hell.

It makes me wonder if Eric knew about the paternity.  He seemed more shocked by Ginger than finding out his dad was his baby's father. 

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, Door County Cherry said:

I hope Rose had the abortion but I suspect, based on the way she was holding her stomach, that maybe she hadn't. 

The way she was holding her stomach it made me wonder if we were going to see that someone had a gun and shot her (you never know with this show!) so I didn't even go to her still being pregnant.

The way Ginger was shocked by Margaret's telling of her marrying Eugene made me wonder if there was going to be a big secret about maybe him marrying her mother as well, that the timelines were messy or the fact that they got married so quickly after her "debut". I didn't jump to it being about her age until Becky came down and she said it herself. Now I wonder how young was Ginger's mother when they got together?

Eugene sucks. He's always been the villain of the show to me even as the show and Ginger tried to tell me Margaret was the worst.

• Love 2

I haven't been on here lately, as I mainly had been discussing this on Facebook groups. What got me was the ending.

The moment I saw Becky approach Eugene with the baby, I knew, I mean I knew who the father of that baby was. The Monreaux family is torn apart, even though I am being Captain Obvious here. That Maxwell song really went well with that whole sequence.

Man, I hope this show gets saved and is picked up by another network. There is a petition online for it. We can't let this show go by the wayside. Fox may have cancelled it, but this was one of the best shows I have watched in a while. I was only initially interested in it because I thought "Okay, I might check it out" and it was on after LA's Finest, which I have also gotten into. I really didn't think I was going to be into Filthy Rich as I had become. This show must be saved!

Edited by Agent 817
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, Door County Cherry said:

FYI, spoiler tags shouldn't be added in this thread since the episode has aired.  

I think this show would have done really well on Netflix where it could be binged.  

Fixed it. But yes, I think Netflix should have picked this up. If it does get saved, Netflix should probably be the way to go.

Okay, I think I posted a few episodes back that this show turned out to be so different from what I expected (mostly in a good way).

Now, I'm back to say that I can't remember the last time a show actually had me sitting with my jaw dropped!

If I'm reading correctly, FOX has cancelled the show? While we get another season of 911 AND 911 Texas, and The Resident? Don't get me wrong, they're not awful shows (most of the time), but we've seen them before. Filthy Rich is more original (and campy fun) than all those!

Where's the petition? I'll sign!

• Love 7

I just LOVED this finale!  I did NOT see that twist coming, but when it did it was delicious.  What I really liked was how suddenly everyone knew exactly who Eugene was.  The filter was gone, the fond memories were over and his children saw him for who he was.  I also really liked that Eric was all about protecting his mother, and the four children standing with her as they watched the house burn.

I so wish there was going to be a second season and perhaps there will be.  I think it would be even more outrageous than this season as we now know these characters.  I would guess that the Mark character is gone and it would be the four adult children siding with Margaret.  

This was so very satisfying and sad at the same time (due to the cancellation).  I was hoping for this type of twist and plot development from other season finales (Fargo), and just savored every moment of this episode.  

• Love 4

When Becky walked down the stairs, I actually thought they were going to make her the 6th child and do some kind of incest storyline. Eugene being the father of her baby is not quite that fucked up, but pretty sick.

I'm confused about Rose and Marc. She knew that Marc had "helped" the real Jason kill himself. She knew Marc had sold drugs. She knew Marc tried to commit fraud to get his hands on Jason's money. None of these things bothered her. But finding out he'd been high and caused the car accident is enough to call off the wedding?

• Love 10

When Eugene mentioned his 6 kids, I thought my theory of Franklin being his son were about to come true. Because I thought Eugene in the flashback was way too old for Margaret. But no he was just a different kind of crappy perv who got Eric's wife pregnant forcing them to get married.

I snickered as Frankling started plying things up to set the place on fire and Margaret yelling for everyone to get the hell out.

3 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

When Becky walked down the stairs, I actually thought they were going to make her the 6th child and do some kind of incest storyline. Eugene being the father of her baby is not quite that fucked up, but pretty sick.

Ha.  That's where my mind went first until I saw she was holding the baby.  Then I realized who they were talking about.

3 hours ago, nilyank said:

Because I thought Eugene in the flashback was way too old for Margaret. But no he was just a different kind of crappy perv who got Eric's wife pregnant forcing them to get married.

I think they said he was 25 in the flashbacks.  And Margaret and Franklin were around 15 or 16.   I did think that young Eugene looked like a not-as-good-looking younger Tony Goldwyn.  

1 hour ago, Doublemint said:

Were Eugene & Becky supposed to die in the fire?   Where did they go?

That's a good question.  I am pretty sure they left but that was kind of surprising because he had just claimed the house as his. 

8 hours ago, bara007 said:

The petition

Virgin River is #1 on Netflix.  I think it's the kind of show that people go to Netflix to look for. 

• Love 2

That was messed up but pretty good. I honestly think showing the fire at the beginning of the series ruined the ending, as did showing all of them in front of it in the previews.

I don't understand Margaret's deluded revisionist history when referring to "MY debutante ball".  Whaa?

This show has been on the shelf for almost a year.  Renewing it will be very hard, given the likelihood everyone's moved on to other jobs.

They certainly went out with a bang, I sure did not see that last twist coming! That's just so twisted, Eugene knocked up his sons girlfriend and then made them get married to hide the scandal, I am really sad that we probably wont get another season because I would love to see the fall out from all of this. It seems like things were finally all really coming together for the big soapy melodrama that we all came here for. I am glad that Margaret and the kids are all seemingly on the same side at last, even if they are still keeping secrets from each other, especially if Eric isn't telling anyone what he is doing with the FBI. Seriously, so many twists, even by this shows twisty standards! The reporter wasn't dead and is an FBI agent! Eric is willing to wear a wire against his dad! And the big one, Eugene is Becky's baby daddy! 

What was not a shock was that Mark was driving high when Jason was in his accident. Seems pretty consistent with his past behavior, not sure why Rose was shocked enough to call off the wedding at this point. Of course, them getting married so quickly was ridiculous anyway. 

I do wish that Pastor Paul was still around, I wonder if he knew the truth ab out who the father of his sisters baby was. 

I do think that this show would benefit from binge watching, its twisty plots and manic breakneck pace would serve a streaming service really well instead of having to wait the week, I hope that it gets picked up somewhere. This was a satisfying season finale, but there is still a lot of balls in the air, I would love to see more if we can. 

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

What was not a shock was that Mark was driving high when Jason was in his accident. Seems pretty consistent with his past behavior, not sure why Rose was shocked enough to call off the wedding at this point. Of course, them getting married so quickly was ridiculous anyway. 

I wonder if it was the fact that he hid that from her.  And being the person to euthanize him after you're the person who put them in the coma is a little iffy.  Especially since it turns out he had woken up. 

• Love 2
16 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

I'm confused about Rose and Marc. She knew that Marc had "helped" the real Jason kill himself. She knew Marc had sold drugs. She knew Marc tried to commit fraud to get his hands on Jason's money. None of these things bothered her. But finding out he'd been high and caused the car accident is enough to call off the wedding?

That confused me too. I appreciated Mark telling Rose ( And I'm paraphrasing), " Look Rose. Jason and I sold drugs. We took drugs. We did stupid things when we were high." Of all the things Rose knew about Mark ( and got over pretty quickly), THIS was the dealbreaker? Frankly, I'm surprised 

the possibility hadn't already occurred to her (it did to me).

4 hours ago, Tachi Rocinante said:

I don't understand Margaret's deluded revisionist history when referring to "MY debutante ball".  Whaa?

I think I get it. Margaret was the cook's daughter, the outsider looking in. Then Eugene's mother gifted her a gown and a spot in the sunshine. Then Eugene "gifted" her with his attention. Margaret must have felt like Cinderella at the ball. HER debut.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Door County Cherry said:

I wonder if it was the fact that he hid that from her.  And being the person to euthanize him after you're the person who put them in the coma is a little iffy.  Especially since it turns out he had woken up. 

Didn't Jason say that he saw Eugene and wanted to see him again when he convinces Mark to help him die. I wondering if Rose remembers that tidbit and realizes how more horrible her father is. Jason basically thought he had some religious moment seeing Eugene and was willing to die in peace after the visit.

• Useful 1