Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Door County Cherry

S01.E04: Romans 8:30

Recommended Posts

Airs on 10/19/20

Quote

As tension continues to build after the incident with the mysterious stalker, Rose offers the Monreaux home as a safe haven for Ginger and her mother, Tina. While under lockdown at the home, Tina reveals to Ginger that she knows who the mysterious stalker is, leaving Ginger uneasy and demanding answers from her mother. Meanwhile, Reverend Paul and Eric are in cahoots with investors of the Sunshine Network and Reverend Paul goes so far as to threaten Margaret, leading her to turn to unlikely allies for help. 

 

Share this post


Link to post

I'm confused about Eugene.  I believed the "coma" theory and that was supported by the weirdness of his jail time tonight.  But then he walked into the house when Ginger's drunk mama was wandering around in a wedding dress and, once she saw Eugene, I thought we'd find out she had actually killed herself and that's why she saw him.  But maybe he is alive?  And wandering around the house?

So is Jason (Mark) that woman's son?  Or is the comatose dude her son?

I really love that they have the Reverend and Eric sing.  

Anyway, not much happened in this episode, really, but there's just something I really enjoyed about it. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

The implication is that Eugene had an affair with the "slutty aunt", that she mothered the third child (the one in a coma) and the lawyer made the arrangements for the woman in Colorado to adopt him.  However, if he placed Eugene's with that women, he may have placed the aunt's child there too, thus explaining why she has two adopted sons.   That would mean the lawyer knows he's faking the DNA test. 

  • Like 1
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

I was so convinced that Eugene was in a coma or was dead and was going through some kind of purgatory before moving on to the next life, especially with the whole bizarre prison sequence and him seeing the women he had met at the end, but since Gingers mom say him, is he really alive and this plot is just really freaking weird? 

Glad that the ladies are all joining forces against the old boys club, even if Ginger is still always jumping down Margaret's throat about every little thing. Except for Eric's wife of course, who is so unpleasant that I feel like she is about two prayers away from snapping and trying to set the manor on fire to cleanse it of its sins or something. 

Not a whole lot happening plot wise, kind of just continuations on stuff that already happened, but I enjoyed watching so many characters playing off of each other. I think that Eric will be tempted to stay on the Reverend's side (especially considering he's his brother in law) but will ultimately stick with his mom. He also has a really nice voice, go figure. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

He also has a really nice voice, go figure. 

Both Eric and the Reverend are played by Broadway actors.  They sang earlier on the show too. 

  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

They are wasting Eric in whatever role that he has with the company. He should be on camera on the channel with some kind of singing  program to attract viewers. Very nice voice and very easy on the eyes.

I am guessing Eugene is walking around with a massive head injury because the Juliette Lewis character is his mother. We saw her portrait when Margaux was talking about her and how much she loved that woman.

That or he is a ghost and Ginger's mom can see dead people.

Was surprised that auntie who seem to be hitting on the fake son was actually trying to bond with whom she believes is her son.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

My first post on this board (at least for this show) but I have been enjoying this show. I read some of the posts for prior episodes. It seemed plausible that Eugene was in a coma if he managed to get to a retail store and watch the show with the store's manager. Then came last night's episode. The prison guard just let him run off? Then came when he got to the yard of his house. He saw the prison guard, Juliette Lewis's character, and the lady who cared for him after the crash. I figured they were figments of his imagination and then saw Ginger's mom. I am really wondering where they are going with this plot.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

It's getting crazier and crazier.    Aren't the authorities looking for the plane?   How could a plane go down and nothing is done?   They would want to get the bodies and find out what happened.   Eugene's escapades have to be dreams of some kind (but as stated above Ginger's Mom saw him in the house??)    Anyway keep posting your ideas!

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, Door County Cherry said:

I'm confused about Eugene.  I believed the "coma" theory and that was supported by the weirdness of his jail time tonight.  But then he walked into the house when Ginger's drunk mama was wandering around in a wedding dress and, once she saw Eugene, I thought we'd find out she had actually killed herself and that's why she saw him.  But maybe he is alive?  And wandering around the house?

So is Jason (Mark) that woman's son?  Or is the comatose dude her son?

I really love that they have the Reverend and Eric sing.  

Anyway, not much happened in this episode, really, but there's just something I really enjoyed about it. 

I really enjoyed this episode too. In fact, this show is so different from what I thought it would be, But I'm really starting to get into it. Hmm.

8 hours ago, Door County Cherry said:

Both Eric and the Reverend are played by Broadway actors.  They sang earlier on the show too. 

So I'm not the only one who really enjoys hearing them sing? Eric's song at the end of this episode was wonderful.

1 hour ago, Doublemint said:

It's getting crazier and crazier.    Aren't the authorities looking for the plane?   How could a plane go down and nothing is done?   They would want to get the bodies and find out what happened.   Eugene's escapades have to be dreams of some kind (but as stated above Ginger's Mom saw him in the house??)    Anyway keep posting your ideas!

I thought they found the plane with the bodies of the pilot and the two women who were with Eugene, but not Eugene's. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

 I loved the song at the end, even though I can't stand the reverend character (it doesn't help he was likely cast because of his resemblance to Joel Osteen) and I'm iffy on the son.   

 If Eugene is alive, then everyone he has encountered is a figment of his imagination or he's been recasting the people he's met making his way home as people from his past.   If Ginger's mom really saw him, I don't believe she'd just given him a coat and not say a word.  OTOH, I think she was pretty waster on the wine so maybe she thought she was seeing things.

 Ginger hate on for Margaret is getting a little old.    Her mom and Eugene are the ones who knew about her and kept her hidden.   Margaret did know about her until recently and sure she hasn't welcomed Ginger with open arms but she's tried to work with her..   Ginger is like that contestant on a reality show who is all "girl power" but is the first one to turn on other women.  

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/20/2020 at 12:39 PM, nilyank said:

I am guessing Eugene is walking around with a massive head injury because the Juliette Lewis character is his mother. We saw her portrait when Margaux was talking about her and how much she loved that woman.

 

On 10/21/2020 at 12:17 AM, Maverick said:

If Eugene is alive, then everyone he has encountered is a figment of his imagination or he's been recasting the people he's met making his way home as people from his past.   If Ginger's mom really saw him, I don't believe she'd just given him a coat and not say a word.  OTOH, I think she was pretty waster on the wine so maybe she thought she was seeing things.

Good spec. Maybe he has a head injury so he's actually walking around and maybe even actually meeting people but he's imagining seeing his mom and the other 2 women, who I'm now assuming are also people from his past.

I love this show so much. It moves way too fast and has too much going on but it's still just so entertaining. And they continue to surprise me so that's really nice.

I did not expect the aunt to be Jason's mom. And yea, I guess it's kind of unclear whether she's actually Jason's mom or she's Mark's but I'm assuming she's Jason's because I think it'd be weird if Steve Harris (what is his character's name lol?) knew Mark was pretending to be Jason.

Mark saying he loves Rose cracked me up. You don't even know each other! You just met like 2 days ago! Unless maybe it's supposed to have been a much longer time than it seems. In any case, I enjoy them and think they have great chem.

Eric and the reverend (I have no idea what his name is) singing was great. They should release these songs!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

21 hours ago, TomGirl said:

Aaron Lazar (the reverend) has a beautiful voice!

 

Thanks for this clip. Gosh, you can really tell he’s a Broadway Baby.

Edited by TVForever
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I'm starting to think that Eugene's "visions" are kinda like the scene in 12 Monkeys where Jennifer imagines she's a super spy robbing a museum when nothing could be further from the truth.  (Emily Hampshire is awesome.)

Don't sweat it

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I saw Aaron Lazar back in the summer of 2010 opposite Bernadette Peters in the revival of "A Little Night Music", right before he left the show. He has an incredible voice and quite a sexy stage presence.

 

So far, I've DVR'd all the episodes which have aired. I'm on the fence with this show. The main characters are rather unlikable, and I'm not sure who to root for. This episode was very confusing - even though I like shows which make you think outside the box, and expect the unexpected. But this episode went beyond, and I don't think it was all that intentional.

Not sure if I'm going to stick with it or not. It's testing my patience ! LOL

Edited by LetsStartTalking

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size