Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Evil Queen said:

While it isn't new info its also that the conversation was based on that and there was probably more to it that was edited out to not give away to much more but made it look more like the talk turned to about babies and nothing else

They have been talking about finding a new permanent place since they moved into this place, it gave Ashley's sister another opportunity to pitch her building again and Ashley even mentioned they did look at it when they were at her parents house.

9 minutes ago, holly4755 said:

OK, truth be told, I miss a lot of what goes on because the show so bores me , I tend to play my "games" while they are on, so much repetition I feel I don't miss much. .  

See...this irritates me.  Not what you said but the producers fail to understand their audience.  We are not interested in faux drama. Or repetition. Or the opinions of interfering in-laws.

The concept of marrying at first sight could be really good in the right hands but it is not.

• Love 10
6 hours ago, Jellybeans said:

It is really weird...as the weeks go by, I find I am losing interest in this show.  It used to be one of my favorites- long, long time ago.

So sad.

What is ruining it for me is editing to the point where we don't know what is truth and what is edited to 'look' some way that the producers choose.  It makes us uncomfortable and we know in our hearts it must be awfully difficult for the couples.

I am cringing at Danielle and Dandruff Beard, in a perverse way only looking long enough at their scene to see if his dandruff is showing, then I want to look away. And Sheila I have adapted to, think she should go out on her own and be a dresser for the near-do-wells in her town, and her first FREE client should be Danielle, who needs a lot of self improvement in the clothing category (at the least) but find her beau (Nate) too ghetto for my watching entertainment.  He likely means well, but I think that Sheila should look for someone with similar education. 

I expect less this season but am really enjoying this website and everyone's take on the show and the participants. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Jellybeans said:

See...this irritates me.  Not what you said but the producers fail to understand their audience.  We are not interested in faux drama. Or repetition. Or the opinions of interfering in-laws.

The concept of marrying at first sight could be really good in the right hands but it is not.

Too much testosterone-laden male producers -new producers (two at least) in the feminine persuasion might be a help. 

https://www.mylifetime.com/shows/married-at-first-sight/season-5/episode-12/married-at-first-sight-episode-12-preview

On 6/23/2017 at 4:54 PM, Gobears said:

A CNN article came out the other day describing what the contracts are like for contestants on "Bachelor in Paradise". I'm guessing it's similar for MAFS participants.

"The contract makes that clear: Contestants sign away to producers "the right to change, add to, take from, edit, translate, reformat or reprocess... in any manner Producer may determine in its sole discretion." And, once the producers have done all that editing, the contestants understand that their "actions and the actions of others displayed in the Series may be disparaging, defamatory, embarrassing or of an otherwise unfavorable nature and may expose me to public ridicule, humiliation, or condemnation."

They recruit saying it is a Doc u series. Not a Reality TV series. Also when the producers constantly tell you this season is different from the other drama filled seasons , it makes perfect sense that this season cast members felt lied to and are talking back. Good for them 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Braveshoppr said:

Too much testosterone-laden male producers -new producers (two at least) in the feminine persuasion might be a help. 

https://www.mylifetime.com/shows/married-at-first-sight/season-5/episode-12/married-at-first-sight-episode-12-preview

Not sure that would even help this mess at this point. I think its to the point its lost and far gone from what we all would prefer to see and its never going to be done any other way sadly. Unless someone made their own type of show like it and actually was able to keep it free of that bs.

48 minutes ago, Trisha neel said:

They recruit saying it is a Doc u series. Not a Reality TV series. Also when the producers constantly tell you this season is different from the other drama filled seasons , it makes perfect sense that this season cast members felt lied to and are talking back. Good for them 

They also make sure to find ones with some issues and especially those that they think could be talked into sticking anything out no matter what was going on in the relationship or how crappy the match was. So far they have succeeded in doing that expect with Heather who was not "weak" or so screwed up to just go back to that unhealthy situation. All the rest have stuck it out no matter what their gut told them or was going on. Its really dysfunctional and so on many levels.

• Love 5
On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 6:26 PM, Evil Queen said:

Matching because one needs to pulled out of their so called "shell" *rollseyes*, had a parent that left the family, works in a certain field, etc is not what makes a good match.

I think my favorite reason the experts have cited for a particular match is "they're both 'quirky.'" 

• Love 1

Guess it's confirmed that this season will be longer than last season since Drogo just posted the forum page for episode 15 "Second Honeymoons". Can you believe this show has been on since April 20?

What will compel me to watch this season until the bitter end Decision Show:

M@FS Orgy Show with all 3 couples participating...yes, even Cody.

Homie and Dude getting help for jumping, barking, pulling on their leashes from Cesar Millan. Cesar giving a pep talk to Cody...tells him "He's a good boy."

Sheila and Mother Duhon having a girls' weekend at a bible retreat...hilarity ensues.

N8 and Donnae meet in the Cage and fight it out for Sheila's affections.

Ashley's sister meets Anthony's sister in the Cage for Toughest Sister In Law.

What will it take for you to continue watching......

• Love 5
56 minutes ago, Gobears said:

Guess it's confirmed that this season will be longer than last season since Drogo just posted the forum page for episode 15 "Second Honeymoons". Can you believe this show has been on since April 20?

If so, perhaps they need to add an additional couple next year, if there is another show. Watching the couples, I didn't like Nate (or Sheila) in the beginning, then, like another side of the prism I could see admirable qualities about Nate and of course Sheila as the episodes progressed,  I liked Danielle in the beginning, then the like faded to ambivalence, where it has stayed hence.  Iows, two of the couples I'm not too interested in, and little reason to stay up later than I usually do. If there was another couple it might have helped.

It would help if they didn't spend a couple of hours airing old shows,then you're too sleepy to stay up and watch the new episode.  And, let's face it, they can't keep using Nate's firebrand mother to bolster the show, and fake arguments we've about learned to realize are pretend. I would however complain about nothing if the show were aired earlier in the evening. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Gobears said:

Not surprised since they did say it was 8 weeks and not 6 weeks. Yet I will never understand them needing to have a "second honeymoon" or calling it that. Its stupid since they are married a month/little over a month. 

1 hour ago, Braveshoppr said:

If so, perhaps they need to add an additional couple next year, if there is another show.

Adding another couple in the mix would make it where we would have less time of each couple. It would do more harm than good or they would have to make the show longer. Either way why add another couple to the mix to be irresponsible with? They can't even handle the 3 they have ever. I do wish they would use the footage they have instead of the rehashing of shit from past episodes. Its silly and just reminds us of how bad they are with the edits. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Jellybeans said:

Does anyone go on a second honeymoon during the first year of marriage?  So unrealistic.  I was married 20 years and did not have a second honeymoon!  LOL!

I've been married 16 yrs and haven't even had 1. My good friend has been married 20 yrs and same for her. Heck with this show they aren't even half way through their first year of marriage or close to it and are having a "second honeymoon"...yet again. When really its more like a weekend getaway, over night trip or day trip. At least that is how they come off. So really instead of calling it a "second honeymoon" why can't it be called what it really is, a weekend getaway?

• Love 4

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4648400/Married-Sight-stars-fight-annivesary.html

Ri-damn-dic-ulous.

Anthony is shocked that Ashley walks away when she is losing playing cornhole and doesn't want to be embarrassed on camera.

"Bags" are important to Anthony so this may be the straw that breaks the camel's back for a bad loser...

Shades of Sheila's and Nate's ping pong game...

Corn hole will cause you to dump Ashley?

Cody confronts Danielle and she is confused...

No lady... the jig is up...put out or get out!

Code Man found his balls....

• Love 2

I call bs and productions usual crap edit on the cornhole game. Even if its a worry over embarrassment its more about the cameras and how she will look to those at home. She is pretty aware of it and tries to hide a lot because of it (doesn't want to cry on camera comment). Yet she is forgetting when she says this stuff its caught on her mic and is being used to make her look a certain way. 

I am pretty sure most of Danielle and Cody is too. Sorry but she can't be so clueless as to not get why he would be upset at all or say there is serious issues going on. *rollseyes* Not buying any of it and if anyone does at this point I have a bridge to sell them in Death Valley. 

• Love 5
(edited)

Awwww, Evil Queen, that kind of kills some of the snarking fun... ;-)

But anyway, I agree they twist everything to look a certain way.

I do think Ashley is generally uptight though, & if she would've relaxed & just chilled with Anthony, who seems like a nice guy who wouldn't mock her, they wouldn't have had anything to use there. So now it is what it is & she should just laugh at herself a bit.

Danielle & Cody are over so they just need to drag this nonsense out with them somehow until decision day makes it official.

Edited by gonecrackers
re-word
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Awwww, Evil Queen, that kind of kills some of the snarking fun... ;-)

But anyway, I agree they twist everything to look a certain way.

I do think Ashley is generally uptight though, & if she would've relaxed & just chilled with Anthony, who seems like a nice guy who wouldn't mock her, they wouldn't have had anything to use there. So now it is what it is & she should just laugh at herself a bit.

Danielle & Cody are over so they just need to drag this nonsense out with them somehow until decision day makes it official.

LOL Sorry gonecrackers. The whole MAFS franchise is just.....I don't even know what word to use at this point. 

I can imagine its hard to relax with a camera crew and crap around though. Probably makes it hard to drop the walls completely like one normally would in most situations. Even Anthony holds back and I think its so they deal with it off camera when the crew is gone. It just feels like between them and Sheila/Nate that they are all pretty aware of the cameras and what could be used so they are watching themselves. Which in turn we are not getting the real anything because this show butts in to much and they ended up picking certain people that aren't having it. 

I agree and wish they would just stop with Danielle and Cody already. There is nothing that will happen there ever so let's move on. Its another issue I have had with this show. Stop pushing the ones that know its not going to work and let them walk away instead of forcing them to keep "trying" and giving them stupid suggestions to make it work when its not going to ever work. 

• Love 3
On Saturday, June 24, 2017 at 9:29 AM, Snarklepuss said:

I agree that in this day and age young people should be aware of what they're getting into with these reality shows.  If they don't, that's on them for not doing their homework.  What Sheila leaked is no surprise to me at all because we here have known for a long time that a lot of what we're lead to believe is fake on this show.  I think it's even worse this season because at least when it's done with couples that don't work out it's easier to find drama-worthy stuff that doesn't need as much editing to make "interesting" but when you have couples that are basically doing well they have to really twist things to create that drama they seem to want at all costs.  Plus it's even more damaging to them because they are trying to make a real relationship work, and this garbage is only going to thwart that.

I've been meaning to post about this season being especially rife with choppy editing and conversations that make no sense when you really think about them.  It's one of the reasons I haven't been into this season as much, because I know they're majorly screwing with us and there's no way we can figure out what the truth is based on what they're showing us.  Conjecturing about it here on the board is practically impossible under these circumstances and I'm getting tired of feeling like I'm being mislead that much.

It has contributed to this season being as interesting as watching paint dry.  The tiny bit of authenticity that attracted all of us is gone.

On Monday, June 26, 2017 at 4:57 PM, humbleopinion said:

What will compel me to watch this season until the bitter end Decision Show:

M@FS Orgy Show with all 3 couples participating...yes, even Cody.

Homie and Dude getting help for jumping, barking, pulling on their leashes from Cesar Millan. Cesar giving a pep talk to Cody...tells him "He's a good boy."

Sheila and Mother Duhon having a girls' weekend at a bible retreat...hilarity ensues.

N8 and Donnae meet in the Cage and fight it out for Sheila's affections.

Ashley's sister meets Anthony's sister in the Cage for Toughest Sister In Law.

What will it take for you to continue watching......

An orgy will horrify me for ages, particularly if Christian Grey sexual Sean joins in from seasons past.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Agnetha said:

She is truly the biggest attention seeker that this show has ever produced:

On 6/21/2017 at 1:28 PM, Agnetha said:

I have unfollowed her but I'm following a lot of the other MAFS people. And this is after all the Social Media thread.

So if you've unfollowed her, then why are showing us screenshots from her account? Don't you get tired of bashing her? It seems very petty. If her attention seeking bothers you that much, then block her from your Twitter account.

• Love 1
(edited)

It's the Social Media thread. If she didn't post this stuff, I wouldn't be able to quote it. EOD. You are free to scroll down. (Remember, no boards on boards)

Edited by Agnetha
  • Love 3
42 minutes ago, Agnetha said:

It's the Social Media thread. If she didn't post this stuff, I wouldn't be able to quote it. EOD. You are free to scroll down. (Remember, no boards on boards)

Also, you yourself said that you unfollowed Sonia. So why are you sharing screenshots from her SM?

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Agnetha said:

She is truly the biggest attention seeker that this show has ever produced:

Really? There are worse from this show IMO. 

1 hour ago, Agnetha said:

Yes its the SM thread but it doesn't mean its the hate on Sonia thread and its all you seem to do. Why post the stuff if you don't like her? Only to make a snide remark? It makes no sense IMO when its simple enough to skip over it and not bother. Not everything needs to be posted and more so when its just because you don't like her or what she says. It comes off a certain way when things are only posted to try to put someone in a negative light.

• Love 1

Have any of you watched Unfiltered in previous seasons? Does it give any hints to who stayed together? 

From it, I feel like Anthony/Ashley are still together. They talk in the present tense about their relationship. I don't think Cody/Danielle are together anymore. But I'm sure we all figured that one out already.

16 minutes ago, JAndy said:

Have any of you watched Unfiltered in previous seasons? Does it give any hints to who stayed together? 

From it, I feel like Anthony/Ashley are still together. They talk in the present tense about their relationship. I don't think Cody/Danielle are together anymore. But I'm sure we all figured that one out already.

I've caught a little here and there when I flip to make sure I don't miss MAFS. I do think they are still together as well...Danielle and Cody I don't think any of us needed a hint that way. LOL I just haven't caught much to know though if Nate and Sheila throw hints that way or not. I have no clue with them. I could see them giving it a go but no matter what I can't see it lasting long with them. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, wings707 said:

LMAO!  Thank you.  The clip did not work for me but the text said what happened.  

Except it actually didn't happen...and not on next week's episode either since Cody spills the beans to the other couples that he hasn't "hit a home run" slash "gone all the way" (as he said on Unfiltered tonight!!)

Seriously, is he 16?!

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, StormyClouds said:

Except it actually didn't happen...and not on next week's episode either since Cody spills the beans to the other couples that he hasn't "hit a home run" slash "gone all the way" (as he said on Unfiltered tonight!!)

Seriously, is he 16?!

Oh, I know. I knew after reading the text  that Danielle slipped away only to return with s'mores so of course it never happened!  What an odd guy. 

• Love 3
(edited)

I disagree.  This is Season 4 Social Media Spoiler thread.  Good or bad... if Sonia or Heather or Nick had gotten married, no one would have said "why did you post that?" or if Sonia was going on Ellen, we would have heard about it here.

Sonia has a history on SM of being an attention hog.  And begging to go on Ellen.... she does it to herself.  We are not asking for her to go on the show, she is.  

So...when you put yourself out there like that, chances are you will end up in this thread lol.

I don't hate her.  I used to like her a lot but she has let what she thinks is "fame" go to her head.  Now I do not like her at all.  She is obnoxious.  

I prefer Jamie over her because at least with Jamie she is obvious with her obnoxiousness, but with Sonia it takes on a more insidious form and I think it is more difficult to deal with.  It is hard to explain.  I do not follow her (can't stand her damn preaching) but I do check in and run as fast as I can.  She is worse than a Duggar.

Edited by Jellybeans
  • Love 6

I agree with everything you said Jellybeans.

She seems unaware of her own issues at this point, & her need to go off privately to heal. The pull for going on "Ellen" - I mean, why?? Does she view herself as some sort of celebrity? Does she have some sort of 'wisdom' she wants to share?  It's really ridiculous & going to provoke comments.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

I agree with everything you said Jellybeans.

She seems unaware of her own issues at this point, & her need to go off privately to heal. The pull for going on "Ellen" - I mean, why?? Does she view herself as some sort of celebrity? Does she have some sort of 'wisdom' she wants to share?  It's really ridiculous & going to provoke comments.

She has nothing to offer on Ellen.  No wisdom.  No useful insights.  She has been on podcasts and IG Live (drunk...per comments) and she told the whole world she had an abortion.  Why?  It isn't a Catholic Confession booth.  Some things are meant to be kept quiet.  

I do not think her "marriage" triggered all this.  I think she was a big mess before she married.  

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Jellybeans said:

I disagree.  This is Season 4 Social Media Spoiler thread.  Good or bad... if Sonia or Heather or Nick had gotten married, no one would have said "why did you post that?" or if Sonia was going on Ellen, we would have heard about it here.

Actually there are things that were posted in one direction only on some as well in the past because its what the person posting only wanted people here to see. It wasn't always the whole story. IMO from what I have heard Nick is a big time attention whore as well with his "life coach". So is Derek. Yet that stuff isn't posted here. I had been chatting with someone and it sounds like Derek and Nick are trying to get spots on Second Chances...so that is ok but its not ok for Sonia to want to do Ellen? Do you see what I mean about things posted to suit ones views? To me when its only posts a certain way and then to complain over it that comes off one way and one way only. There was a lot more to her podcast from what I understand then just talking about having an abortion. Which brings me back to why is it ok if certain people say things like that but not others? I think anyone that does a "reality show" is probably a bit of a fame whore in some way. Its just certain ones are more than others. 

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, Evil Queen said:

Actually there are things that were posted in one direction only on some as well in the past because its what the person posting only wanted people here to see. It wasn't always the whole story. IMO from what I have heard Nick is a big time attention whore as well with his "life coach". So is Derek. Yet that stuff isn't posted here. I had been chatting with someone and it sounds like Derek and Nick are trying to get spots on Second Chances...so that is ok but its not ok for Sonia to want to do Ellen? Do you see what I mean about things posted to suit ones views? To me when its only posts a certain way and then to complain over it that comes off one way and one way only. There was a lot more to her podcast from what I understand then just talking about having an abortion. Which brings me back to why is it ok if certain people say things like that but not others? I think anyone that does a "reality show" is probably a bit of a fame whore in some way. Its just certain ones are more than others. 

I can't speak for everyone but I'd like to see it all. I glance at the SM now & then but don't follow it, & find it all gives interesting insights.

As for Derek & Nick, or even Sonia, for 'Second Chances', nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!  Oh puleeze, no!!!

'Cuz of course I'll feel compelled to watch the damn thing again... crap.

• Love 2

I am all for either Nick or Derick going on Second Chances.  I admit I have fluctuated in my feelings- but Nick is very, very quiet on SM and Derick is very polite and rather funny.  I remember Derick yelling at Heather.  But I am seeing so much producer manipulation now.  

Sonia is a different case.  She needs some counseling.  She wants the fame but the fame is what seems to be hurting her.  I don't want her to go down the tubes.  That's all.

If she goes on Ellen, more power to her. I hope it does not harm her.

• Love 2

Also, you don't need to follow Sonia to see her tweets. Anytime one of the other MAFS girls tweets some in reply to Sonia etc. I see Sonia's posting. If you don't like me posting about it, ignore it. Just because she's one of your favorites but not mine doesn't make me a hater. Otherwise we could shut this board down because at the end of the day most reality tv postings contain snark.

Bottom line is these contestants should not be allowed to use their MAFS accounts to promote themselves. Who the hell does she think she is? The second coming of Jesus?

• Love 3
6 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

I can't speak for everyone but I'd like to see it all. I glance at the SM now & then but don't follow it, & find it all gives interesting insights.

As for Derek & Nick, or even Sonia, for 'Second Chances', nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!  Oh puleeze, no!!!

'Cuz of course I'll feel compelled to watch the damn thing again... crap.

Me too! I don't have any SM accts and I can tell when things are very one sided and its nice when its not and there is just things posted about different people. Even if I don't like them but at least it isn't so one sided and full of complaints. So many times there are things posted and there is more to it but its not posted as well. I get not posting every little thing but if it falls into play on why one is saying something then it would be nice to know instead of trying to make it seem like one person is horrible or better than the other. 

And agree NOOOOOOO to all of them for that show! 

6 hours ago, Jellybeans said:

I am all for either Nick or Derick going on Second Chances.  I admit I have fluctuated in my feelings- but Nick is very, very quiet on SM and Derick is very polite and rather funny.  I remember Derick yelling at Heather.  But I am seeing so much producer manipulation now.  

Sonia is a different case.  She needs some counseling.  She wants the fame but the fame is what seems to be hurting her.  I don't want her to go down the tubes.  That's all.

If she goes on Ellen, more power to her. I hope it does not harm her.

Derek's ex said on MAFS that he had a problem with his temper. It wasn't just producer manipulation at all but the fact that he was on drugs and does have an issue with anger. Nick is a fraud. I would rather not see either get on that show but then heck I rather not see Second Chances get a second chance themselves with how horrible that was. Which btw, I don't think Sonia should be on it either. 

2 hours ago, Agnetha said:

Bottom line is these contestants should not be allowed to use their MAFS accounts to promote themselves. Who the hell does she think she is? The second coming of Jesus?

Well if that is the case then you should have the same issue with the others that do it....like Nick who shouldn't be using it to have pushed his clothes and rental...and don't forget the tools. Lily pushing whatever it is I heard she was, and wasn't Tom doing something too? Sorry I don't go on SM and just hear from others on what is going on. So when I see things here I want the whole story and not a little piece. Especially when I find out from someone else that there is even more to what is said. There are ones from past seasons that have probably done the same as well. We all know Jamie has with many things. She is the biggest fame whore from it all IMO. If Derek and Nick are trying for Second Chances to me that says they are fame whores as well. 

• Love 2

I haven't seen Nick on SM very much at all.  Nor have I seen him pushing for MAFS2C but maybe someone else has.  I do not think he would be good since he has such a flat affect.  I understand that sort of personality but it does not translate to TV very well.

Not sure what Tom was "selling" because he worked on buses I guess.  Lilly probably had a boost to her real estate business.  I don't have a problem with that.

I think the real issue...now...after watching David and Vanessa is these people do not need to be jumping into another relationship so quickly after getting married to a stranger.  

Take a long break first...and date normally!!

• Love 1
(edited)

Nick is barely on SM, as Jellybeans said. In June, he tweeted three times (2 of them were just retweets) - there are MAFS people who tweet more than this within an hour! Tom - haven't seen him pushing anything that much at all, but I'm not sure I'm even following him. Lilly - yes, she promotes too much business. The same goes for Danielle and Nate. Bottom line is, as said, MAFS participants should not be allowed to do this. You should take part because you want to be married, not because you want to get on Ellen, have a Podcast audience, sell your shirts or your dietitian services.

As for MAFS2C: It's an entertaining trainwreck. I don't take anyone taking part in it seriously. I know that Derek and Sonia want to be part of it and that makes it very clear to me that this was never just about 'romance'. I can understand why someone would give MAFS a try. But after you took that chance and failed - why the hell would you go AGAIN on TV? Just try to find your next boyfriend on Match.com, Eharmony or OKCupid if you are serious about your quest for romance. Otherwise you are just seeking attention.

Edited by Agnetha
  • Love 1

What is Nate selling? I thought he managed a rental car place. I read something a while back about t-shirts, but if so why would anyone care about his t-shirts? Nick was doing that to promote his vacation rentals, but what would Nate promote with a t-shirt (IF he's doing that)?

I could see Lily doing that as real estate agents have to push themselves out there; there's probably a ton of competition. I didn't think Tom had anything to sell though, except the bus, which I think Lily said he was selling at one point. Hopefully he kept it since they're divorcing.

• Love 1