Type keyword(s) to search

Media for Rebel

formerlyfreedom
  • Start Topic

Media!

Erin Brockovich-Inspired Drama ‘Rebel’ From Krista Vernoff & Davis Entertainment Set At ABC As Put Pilot

ABC has finalized deals for a put pilot commitment to Rebel, a drama series inspired by the life of activist Erin Brockovich today. Executive produced by Brockovich, Rebel hails from Grey’s Anatomy and Station 19 executive producer/showrunner Krista Vernoff, Davis Entertainment, Sony Pictures TV and ABC Studios.

Written by Vernoff, in Rebel, twenty years after a movie made her famous, Annie “Rebel” Rebelsky is still working as a legal consultant without a law degree. A funny, messy, brilliant and fearless real-life super hero who cares desperately about the causes she fights for and the people she loves, when Rebel applies herself to a fight she believes in, she will win at almost any cost.

17 hours ago, tessaray said:

I'm woefully behind on all my shows but if Rebel is filmed like The Closer or Major Crimes, with Los Angeles on full display, I'll make a spot for it.  

Well according to that article it is so..but it hasn't been picked up to series just yet and I'm not sure when that usually happens, but hopefully we'll some more news about it soon.

3 hours ago, ESS said:

Well according to that article it is so..but it hasn't been picked up to series just yet and I'm not sure when that usually happens, but hopefully we'll some more news about it soon.

Considering the cast, the pilot will have to be a major mess for ABC to pass on it.  I'm hopeful, anyway.  

Networks often make big announcements about their fall schedules during the May upfronts, It would be nice to know sooner. 

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, tessaray said:

Considering the cast, the pilot will have to be a major mess for ABC to pass on it.  I'm hopeful, anyway.  

Networks often make big announcements about their fall schedules during the May upfronts, It would be nice to know sooner. 

Well I'm hoping it's not a major mess because it sounds like it's gonna be great and I love Katey Sagal and I'd love to see her in her own series..again. Thanks for letting me know about when we should about the pick up of the show if it does get that far.

• Love 1

Rebel will back to shoot more episodes January 18th after being delayed because of covid.

https://deadline.com/2020/12/greys-anatomy-this-is-us-911-last-man-standing-orville-ahs-16-disney-tv-studios-series-extend-hiatus-covid-19-surge-1234663745/

The 16 series are: ABC’s Grey’s Anatomy, Station 19, American Housewife, Black-ish, Mixed-ish and Rebel, NBC’s This Is Us, Fox’s 911, 911: Lone Star and Last Man Standing, FX’s American Crime Story: Impeachment, American Horror Story and Mayans; Disney+’s Big Shot, Hulu’s The Orville and Love, Victor.

More casting news for Rebel!

Breaking News - Development Update: Wednesday, February 3 | TheFutonCritic.com

REBEL (ABC) - Daniella Garcia will recur on the newcomer as Maddie, "who is eight months pregnant with a complicated pregnancy. She is Helen's daughter, and is understandably terrified that her mother's defective heart valve will kill her before the baby is even born."  

(FYI: I have no idea who Helen is, but I'm sure we'll know soon enough.)

More Rebel casting news:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/rebel-sharon-lawrence-among-four-cast-in-abcs-erin-brockovich-drama-exclusive

Now we know who Helen is, the pregnant girl's mother.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2021/02/09/development-update-tuesday-february-9-926515/13539/

REBEL (ABC) - Mary McDonnell, Adam Arkin, Matthew Glave and Jalen Thomas Brooks will recur on the Katey Sagal-led newcomer. McDonnell will play Helen, who "doesn't let her own illness define her as she and her daughter fight for their lives and for justice"; with Arkin as Mark Duncan, who "markets himself as an altruist and a philanthropist and strongly rejects Rebel's assertion that his heart valve is doing harm"; Glave as Woodrow Flynn, "a beat cop who sometimes helps Rebel in her work; he was Rebel's first husband and is Nate's father"; and Brooks as Sean, "a sexy bad boy who is a member of Ziggie's Narcotics Anonymous group, Sean is pretty obviously into her - even though they both know it's a bad idea to date in the first year of recovery." (Deadline.com)

Once I heard Mary McDonnell has a recurring role in this, I planned to watch (at least her episodes).  Now that I've seen the trailer, I'm in just on general principle - looks promising!  I watch at least part of Erin Brockovich every time I come across it on TV.  I'm a civil rights lawyer, and I love the rare times projects focus on the legal work, advocacy, and client interaction performed by non-lawyers.  They're warriors, too!

• Love 1

Now that I've seen the 2nd teaser. I'm gonna love the show I know it and Rebel (the character I love her already and we haven't even met her yet) as I'm here for Katey she's gonna rock this show and character being the lead, I'm sure.  

• Love 1

I was excited for this show until I found out Krista Vernoff is the showrunner. That took my enthusiasm down several notches. I'll still check it out, but will expect the quality to be that of late-model Grey's Anatomy.

The teasers I've seen recently look like something I'd hate. I'll probably watch anyway, just because there's been so little new content (other than game and reality shows). Don't like Katy, but I'm interested to see Mary McDonnell.

10 hours ago, sempervivum said:

The teasers I've seen recently look like something I'd hate. I'll probably watch anyway, just because there's been so little new content (other than game and reality shows). Don't like Katy, but I'm interested to see Mary McDonnell.

Well good luck then because she'll only be reoccurring, this is Katey's show and her character is the lead. 

1x01: Pilot (episode description)

Rebel stops at nothing to convince Cruz to join her fight against Stonemore Medical and simultaneously enlists Lana and Cassidy to protect a woman from her abusive boyfriend. While Rebel is out saving others, her husband, Grady, stands on the sidelines and picks up the pieces at home. (TV-14, L)

Guest starring is Camille Chen as Naomi, Michael Glave as Tommy Flynn, Daniella Garcia as Maddie, Mo McRae as Amir, Leif Gantvoort as Rex, Jalen Thomas Brooks as Sean, Shirley Jordan as Willa, Mary McDonnell as Helen and Adam Arkin as Mark Duncan.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listings/20210322abc14/

1x01: Pilot Promotional Photos

https://www.spoilertv.com/2021/03/rebel-episode-101-pilot-press-release.html

1 hour ago, marriedaniac said:

I love that Katey Sagal gets to work with Adam Arkin AGAIN - after both Sons of Anarchy AND 8 Simple Rules.

I didn't even recognize Adam Arkin at first, the white hair threw me off!! I had to look again for a second.

1x02: Patient X Episode Description + Promo Photos

Blindsided and upset by Grady’s sudden change of heart, Rebel proceeds to help Cruz build their case against Stonemore and enlists Lana’s assistance to convince a former patient to aid in their case. Meanwhile, Cassidy shares surprising news with Cruz who is simultaneously dealing with trauma from his own past. Elsewhere, Nate tries to prove Rebel wrong and recruits a colleague to help with his heart valve study on “Rebel,” THURSDAY, APRIL 15 (10:01-11:00 p.m. EDT), on ABC. (TV-14, L) Guest starring is Mo McRae as Amir, Mary McDonnell as Helen, Jalen Thomas Brooks as Sean, Adam Arkin as Mark Duncan, Abigail Spencer as Misha and Dan Bucatinsky as Professor Jason Erickson.

1x02: Patient X Promotional Photos

1x03: Superhero Press Release + Promo Photos

Rebel and a group of residents take a stand to fight for clean water. Meanwhile, Cassidy’s new role puts the Stonemore case in jeopardy, and Grady grows frustrated when Rebel remains consumed with her work; and Cruz reaches his breaking point on an all-new episode of “Rebel,” THURSDAY, APRIL 22 (10:01-11:00 p.m. EDT), on ABC. Episodes can also be viewed the next day on demand and on Hulu.

Guest starring is Sarah Grace White as Jackie, Stephen Jared as Tim Park, Daniella Garcia as Maddie, Mo McRae as Amir, Abigail Spencer as Misha, Jalen Thomas Brooks as Sean, Angela Lin as Christine Bautista, Mary McDonnell as Helen, Dan Bucatinsky as Professor Jason Erickson, Shaw Purnell as Glenda, Jeff Doucette as Daniel, Sunita Param as Louise, Nina Millin as Judge Mary Bobiak, Nardeep Khurmi as Parham Kabir and Hunter Stiebel as Allan.

Promo Photos

1x03: Superhero Promo:

1x04: The Right Thing Press Release + Promo Photos )Airing May 6th)

As new details surrounding Sharon’s cause of death are revealed, Cruz suffers a medical emergency that leads to troublesome consequences. Meanwhile, Rebel and Grady team up against a crooked funeral homeowner, and Lana meets someone from her past.

Guest starring is Adam Arkin as Mark Duncan, Mo McRae as Amir, Abigail Spencer as Misha, Jalen Thomas Brooks as Sean, Mary McDonnell as Helen, Sharon Lawrence as Angela and Nina Millin as Judge Mary Bobiak.

Promo Photos:

Promo Photos

Edited by ESS
(edited)

1x04: The Right Thing Press Release + Promotional Photos.

As new details surrounding Sharon’s cause of death are revealed, Cruz suffers a medical emergency that leads to troublesome consequences. Meanwhile, Rebel and Grady team up against a crooked funeral homeowner, and Lana meets someone from her past on an all-new episode of “Rebel,” THURSDAY, MAY 6 (10:01-11:00 p.m. EDT), on ABC. Episodes can also be viewed the next day on demand and on Hulu.

Guest starring is Adam Arkin as Mark Duncan, Mo McRae as Amir, Abigail Spencer as Misha, Jalen Thomas Brooks as Sean, Mary McDonnell as Helen, Sharon Lawrence as Angela and Nina Millin as Judge Mary Bobiak.

1x04: The Right Thing Promotional Photos

Promo: 

1x05: Heart Burned Press Release + Promotional Photos

Rebel goes to great lengths to help save Helen’s life after being denied her surgery and continues to push Cruz to negotiate the recall and study of the heart valve. Meanwhile, Cassidy and Lana try to help Luke when his personal life jeopardizes his career and reputation. Elsewhere, Cruz gets close to someone new on an all-new episode of “Rebel,” THURSDAY, MAY 13 (10:01-11:00 p.m. EDT), on ABC. (TV-14, DLS) Episodes can also be viewed the next day on demand and on Hulu.

Guest starring is Mo McRae as Amir, Mary McDonnell as Helen, Adam Arkin as Mark Duncan, Abigail Spencer as Misha, Dan Bucatinsky as Prof Jason Erickson and Sharon Lawrence as Angela.

1x05: Promotional Photos

Promo:

Edited by ESS
(edited)

1x06: Just Because You're Paranoid Press Release + Promotional Photos

Rebel and Lana track down a former sales rep who could be the secret weapon in their case against Stonemore Medical. Meanwhile, Sean reveals his truth to Ziggy; Nate and Misha grow closer; and Cruz has doubts about Angela’s intentions on an all-new episode of “Rebel,” THURSDAY, MAY 20 (10:01-11:00 p.m. EDT), on ABC. (TV-14, D) Episodes can also be viewed the next day on demand and on Hulu.

Guest starring is Mo McRae as Amir, Abigail Spencer as Misha, Jalen Thomas Brooks as Sean, Adam Arkin as Mark Duncan, Sharon Lawrence as Angela, Irene Choi as Kate Foster, Larry Sullivan as Connor Foster, Declan Whaley as Asher Foster.

1x06 Promo Photos

Edited by ESS

The ratings were up slightly last week, and then WAY down this week (I wasn't surprised by a drop, as I think last week's episode was weak, so some were going to bow out, but I was not expecting such a big drop [33%] - and that's sad, as it rebounded nicely this week in terms of episode quality), but this still seems sudden and surprising.  Damn, shows just don't get a chance anymore.

Even with that huge drop, they still beat Clarice's increased ratings in the timeslot.  And no one is expecting them to ever rise above number two in the slot since there's a L&O on NBC.  ABC can't even give them the first 13 and make a decision based on how it's doing at that point?! 

I hope they're at least going to air everything that's in the can.

• Useful 1