Type keyword(s) to search

Media for Rebel

formerlyfreedom
  • Start Topic

On 4/7/2021 at 9:42 PM, chitowngirl said:

While I’m am looking forward to this, I will be SO glad when the promos for it let up! I hope this doesn’t break my heart like Stumptown. I was so bummed when that got cancelled.

Quoting myself-ABC really lives up to Already Been Cancelled.

• Love 4

After only five episodes?  It can't just be the ratings.  Did they even give it a chance?

A large, diverse cast is now out of jobs, except Katey, of course.  Andy Garcia shouldn't be ash canned like this, neither should Adam Arkin.

😭

• Love 5
(edited)
12 hours ago, Bastet said:

The ratings were up slightly last week, and then WAY down this week (I wasn't surprised by a drop, as I think last week's episode was weak, so some were going to bow out, but I was not expecting such a big drop [33%] - and that's sad, as it rebounded nicely this week in terms of episode quality), but this still seems sudden and surprising.  Damn, shows just don't get a chance anymore.

Even with that huge drop, they still beat Clarice's increased ratings in the timeslot.  And no one is expecting them to ever rise above number two in the slot since there's a L&O on NBC.  ABC can't even give them the first 13 and make a decision based on how it's doing at that point?! 

I hope they're at least going to air everything that's in the can.

I'm so upset I think there's something else going on behind Rebel being canceled then just the ratings as well because this is just too strange. Being a Krista Vernoff show I thought it would help considering her other shows are doing well (I know Grey's wasn't hers at first) Not to mention a few other shows that had practically the same ratings as Rebel did get renewed so it makes no sense. Us fans are fighting the decision, hey it can't hurt and besides it's just so wrong. Kevin Zegers put up something on his twitter that gives a bit of hope. Maybe another network or streaming service would pick it up. Apparently according to Kevin Zegers twitter he said they'll let the season finish out although I don't know if we'll get the full 10 episodes or not as right now we are only up to 8 in terms of titles.

7 hours ago, SuzieQ said:

I'm shocked they didn't give it more of a chance!  Thy had some heavy hitters on that show.

So am I I think there's something else going on then just the ratings as why it was canceled so fast. Yes the ratings dropped, but as someone said I wasn't expecting that big of a drop especially because the ratings were up the week before.

6 hours ago, ShortyMac said:

Cancelled after 5 episodes already?? Damn. I am really enjoying it.

I know!! so weird!!

Edited by ESS
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:

After only five episodes?  It can't just be the ratings.  Did they even give it a chance?

A large, diverse cast is now out of jobs, except Katey, of course.  Andy Garcia shouldn't be ash canned like this, neither should Adam Arkin.

😭

Yeah I believe there's something else besides the ratings...Poor Katey especially, but also to the other cast members too.. ugh.. none of them deserve this at all especially Katey her own show being pulled from her isn't fair. 

20 minutes ago, tvfanatic13 said:

Why even invest in a show anymore. They did this with Stumptown also. 

Yeah so true I don’t even know why Rebel was even ordered to series if they knew all they were gonna do is cancel it after less than one season! Pathetic 

• Love 2
20 hours ago, Bastet said:

The ratings were up slightly last week, and then WAY down this week (I wasn't surprised by a drop, as I think last week's episode was weak, so some were going to bow out, but I was not expecting such a big drop [33%] - and that's sad, as it rebounded nicely this week in terms of episode quality), but this still seems sudden and surprising.  Damn, shows just don't get a chance anymore.

Even with that huge drop, they still beat Clarice's increased ratings in the timeslot.  And no one is expecting them to ever rise above number two in the slot since there's a L&O on NBC.  ABC can't even give them the first 13 and make a decision based on how it's doing at that point?! 

I hope they're at least going to air everything that's in the can.

I assume the drop was because this week didn't have a new episode of Grey's Anatomy as a lead in.  Maybe ABC felt like with all the promotion it got it should be able to stand on its own better? Or maybe it is crazy expensive.

Surprising, definitely.

2 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

I assume the drop was because this week didn't have a new episode of Grey's Anatomy as a lead in.

Ah, that makes perfect sense, thank you; that huge drop really confused me.  (I don't watch GA, and hadn't really even registered that it was the lead-in.) 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

the show just didn't catch ... and I am sure they have pilots in the pipe line that they feel more confident about .. it sucks but it happens sometimes 

Yes, but it doesn't make it right nor it doesn't mean we can't be upset about it. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Koalagirl said:

I’m glad Katey asked that she not be written out of The Connors so we’ll still have her on our tv screens.  

Yes it's the only silver lining to this mess sadly. I'm so glad for that too it was a smart move on her part. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Koalagirl said:

I’m glad Katey asked that she not be written out of The Conners so we’ll still have her on our tv screens.  

Katey is a smart lady.  She got their word so at least she'll still have one show.

• Love 4

I guess I'm too patient with shows. Hell, I wanted "The Village" to at least get a second season on NBC. Five episodes? Why would anyone invest in developing a show at this point? Seems like you're destined for failure from the word "go." 

• Love 2
(edited)
16 minutes ago, JayDub1987 said:

I guess I'm too patient with shows. Hell, I wanted "The Village" to at least get a second season on NBC. Five episodes? Why would anyone invest in developing a show at this point? Seems like you're destined for failure from the word "go." 

I remember that show it was pretty good. I wanted 2nd season too, but at least they got to 10 episodes I believe Rebel hasn't even gotten there it's just,,,, odd to be canceled out of the nowhere like that because the ratings weren't/aren't that bad, they were decent to me a bad rating would be like an .01 or lower, Rebel's ratings were an .04, at first then rose to .05 and then an .03.  so far anyway.

Edited by ESS
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, ESS said:

I remember that show it was pretty good. I wanted 2nd season too, but at least they got to 10 episodes I believe Rebel hasn't even gotten there it's just,,,, odd to be canceled out of the nowhere like that because the ratings weren't/aren't that bad, they were decent to me a bad rating would be like an .01 or lower, Rebel's ratings were an .04, at first then rose to .05 and then an .03.  so far anyway.

Yea, pretty sure Rebel is five episodes in. Just pointing out another example of the eagerness to pull the plug on shows. I wasn't a HUGE Rebel fan (my wife enjoyed it much more than I did), but I watched. I'm not sure the line of thinking behind canning it so quickly. 

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, JayDub1987 said:

Yea, pretty sure Rebel is five episodes in. Just pointing out another example of the eagerness to pull the plug on shows. I wasn't a HUGE Rebel fan (my wife enjoyed it much more than I did), but I watched. I'm not sure the line of thinking behind canning it so quickly. 

Plus I forgot to mention the ABC press releases for the ratings also gave Rebel an .06 to an .07 at times. Personally speak I love Rebel the show and the character. I've watched it since the beginning and known about it since it came about last year so I've been following for quite a while now. Yes we are 5 episodes in, but there's some little good news we are most likely going to see up to episode 8, but beyond that I don't know because there's conflicting information, but so far according to futon critic site they only have up to episode 8's title listed, but I'm going to keep an eye on it to see if we get anymore titles past 8. 

• Love 1
On 5/15/2021 at 8:33 AM, ESS said:

Yeah so true I don’t even know why Rebel was even ordered to series if they knew all they were gonna do is cancel it after less than one season! Pathetic 

I get invested in very few new shows these days.  Honestly, after the first episode I didn’t think it would make it.  

Its easier for the network just to do games shows and less expensive. 

On 5/15/2021 at 1:11 PM, tvfanatic13 said:

Why even invest in a show anymore. They did this with Stumptown also

Didn’t they renew Stumptown only to then cancel it citing the pandemic as a reason? Either way your point is correct - why bother these days. Cancelling a show after 3 episodes is just stupid and it’s asking for bad blood when it’s the show of one of your top showrunners. I think these pilots should be given a clause that X amount of episodes should air before a decision is made. It’s just stupid otherwise. As a viewer it’s annoying too because why bother investing time into watching.

I wonder if Krista will be at the ABC upfronts this week.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Avabelle said:

Didn’t they renew Stumptown only to then cancel it citing the pandemic as a reason? Either way your point is correct - why bother these days. Cancelling a show after 3 episodes is just stupid and it’s asking for bad blood when it’s the show of one of your top showrunners. I think these pilots should be given a clause that X amount of episodes should air before a decision is made. It’s just stupid otherwise. As a viewer it’s annoying too because why bother investing time into watching.

I wonder if Krista will be at the ABC upfronts this week.

I agree with you about having a clause for a certain number of episodes before making a decision. ABC didn't even let the show find it's footing at all and the cast is just as shocked as we are about this. I feel for Katey mostly because her own show just ripped from her like that, it's so sad. I hope we can try and save it somehow with what we are doing i.e. The petition and a few other things) ABC may have given up, but us fans haven't - not yet. Katey is encouraging us to fight so we are, it doesn't hurt to try and it's happened with other shows (they've come back after being canceled).

1x07: Race Press Release + Promotional Photos

Against Rebel’s advice, Cruz turns to a familiar source to help dig up proof that proves the Stonemore valve is faulty. Elsewhere, Rebel, Cassidy and Grady come together to help Ziggy after learning that her friends have been unjustly expelled from school. Meanwhile, Lana continues to search for more information about Angela and instead is confronted with a shocking revelation.

1x07 Promo Photos

(edited)

Man, this is crazy. I just tuned in and saw Sharon Lawrence on this show, whom I adore. She’s from my hometown (Raleigh, NC)  and I try to watch her when possible.  Oh well.....

Edited by SunnyBeBe
10 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Man, this is crazy. I just tuned in and saw Sharon Lawrence on this show, whom I adore. She’s from my hometown (Raleigh, NC)  and I try to watch her when possible.  Oh well.....

The season isn't over yet we still have a few more episodes to go you should really watch it.

1x07: Promo:

1x08: It's All About The Chemistry Press Release

While Rebel tries to convince a key witness to testify in their case against Stonemore Medical, Lana confronts Grady about someone from his past.

Guest starring is Matthew Glave as Tommy Flynn, Daniella Garcia as Maddie, Abigail Spencer as Misha, Jalen Thomas Brooks as Sean, Jeff Doucette as Daniel, Nina Millin as Judge Katerina Bobiak, Leonard Roberts as Randall Vokelberg, Peter Paige as Karsten Vokelberg and Tyee Tilghman as Steve Rainey. 

Promo Photos

• Love 1

Aww that is too bad about this show.  It had potential and it felt very on brand for ABC. I agree something more than ratings is going on there.  You think Krista Vernoff would have banked some good will. 

In other news, I was today years old when I learned that the actress who plays Cassidy is married to the actor who plays Amir in real life. 

The ABC chief implied in an interview that the show’s streaming numbers were too soft, which combined with soft linear numbers likely doomed it. A show like CBS’s SEAL Team, though its linear numbers were soft, reportedly has strong streaming numbers when replayed on Paramount+, thus it was renewed and will go to streaming. Of course, it didn’t help that Rebel premiered late in the season and particularly when networks are deciding on pilots and their schedule for next season. It just couldn’t measure up so late in the season

1 hour ago, DanaK said:

The ABC chief implied in an interview that the show’s streaming numbers were too soft, which combined with soft linear numbers likely doomed it. A show like CBS’s SEAL Team, though its linear numbers were soft, reportedly has strong streaming numbers when replayed on Paramount+, thus it was renewed and will go to streaming. Of course, it didn’t help that Rebel premiered late in the season and particularly when networks are deciding on pilots and their schedule for next season. It just couldn’t measure up so late in the season

I don’t believe the person who said it’s about the ratings because there’s other shows that had those ratings too and they were renewed so really it doesn’t make any sense. 

But I also think the pandemic didn’t help either because I believe had it not happened I think Rebel would have premiered in late 2020 instead. Since it did happen I thought Rebel would have premiered either in January or March. 

1x09: Trial Day Press Release + Promo Photos

Rebel’s personal life becomes headline news and she begrudgingly distances herself from the Stonemore Medical trial.

Guest starring is Matthew Glave as Tommy Flynn, Daniella Garcia as Maddie, Abigail Spencer as Misha, Jalen Thomas Brooks as Sean, Mary McDonnell as Helen, Dan Bucatinsky as Professor Jason Erickson, Nina Millin as Judge Katerina Bobiak, Adam Arkin as Mark Duncan, Sharon Lawrence as Angela, Laird Macintosh as Marvin, Leonard Roberts as Randall Vokelberg and Peter Paige as Karsten Vokelberg.

Promo Photos

That second episode on June 10 is the final one for the season/series, right? 

So bummed ABC cancelled this; I hope the final episode provides a sense of closure. Though I would certainly be happy to see it picked up elsewhere, because I really like the cast. 

• Love 2
(edited)
15 hours ago, metaphor said:

That second episode on June 10 is the final one for the season/series, right? 

So bummed ABC cancelled this; I hope the final episode provides a sense of closure. Though I would certainly be happy to see it picked up elsewhere, because I really like the cast. 

Yes it’s the series finale and actually we just got word the show is being shopped around to another network(not ABC or Hulu) so hopefully someone will pick it up. 

Edited by ESS
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, metaphor said:

So bummed ABC cancelled this; I hope the final episode provides a sense of closure.

Hopefully it was always written for the heart valve case to be resolved at the end of the first ten episodes, and then Rebel would move on to her next case in the next batch of episodes.  But who knows what the status of any of the personal relationships will be as of the last episode

42 minutes ago, CrystalBlue said:

I sincerely hope that Rebel gets picked up by another network or channel.

Me too as I've loved it from day one! I want to let it go yet I can't I love it way too much. We are still trying to find it a new home according to Katey from her recently done (yesterday) Instagram video. 

• Useful 1