Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E22: Results Show 6

• Start Topic

So happy for bad salsa.  It was actually good they were the dunkin save.  I knew when they were up against the other two they would be ok.  If they didn’t win the save ,no way would the judges send them home.  

So how many tween singers do we have this year...

• Love 2
  • Terry is Pretty in Pink tonight.
  • Celina vs Christina Rae: Um...surpise?
  • Colin Cloud...Ideomotor response.
  • VOOC Choir vs Daneliya Tuleshova vs 🧇WAFFLEs: Um...surprise?
  • Jonathan Goodwin vs Bello Sisters vs Brett Loudermilk: Is little sister still sleeping? You'd think they'd let her stay up for something like this. I was leaning toward Bello Sisters but wasn't confident enough to bold them before Terry announced it.
  • Oh, I missed BTS? Too bad.
  • Dunkin Save: Kenadi Dodds vs BAD Salsa vs Max Major: I had BAD Salsa for Dunkin and Kenadi for Judges. I should have known better. America will always pick the pretty girl singer.
  • Judges' Save: BAD Salsa vs Max Major: Jesus, Sofia, stop whining about having to do your job. If you didn't want to judge, you shouldn't have become a judge.
  • Love 2

Too many singers! Yawn

Broken Roots: singing duo

Brandon Leake: spoken word artist 

Archie Williams: singer

Roberta Battaglia: singer

Alan Silva: aerialist 

Christina Rae: singer

Kenadi Dobbs: singer
Daneliya Tuleshova: singer

Bello Sisters: acrobatic sisters 

BAD Salsa: dance duo

Edited by DietCokeJunkie
List of acts
  • Love 2

No surprises here.  Thank God Cristina Rae won versus whomever it could've been, but after last night it was obvious when she and Celina were called who would win.

Yep, 6 out of 10 are singers.  I continue to predict a singer(s) will win.

BTS gave me a stomach ache.  I am so not into pretty Korean boys so I don't appreciate the appeal of a K-pop boy band.

If they had sent Bad Salsa home (oh, wait, they're already home) I would have been pissed.  The poor woman Sonali looked to me like she was going to throw up in the waiting booth stage back in India.  Of course the American voters voted for the girl singer.  Her fan base is probably all the tweens and teens who would be voraciously voting on their gadgets anyway.

Too bad one of the Bello Sisters missed her shining winning moment by allegedly being sacked out.  I wonder why she couldn't stay awake or what the real story is.  Maybe an injury?

I wonder if Max and Brett will continue to hang out together as I imagine they are doing.

• Love 2

By far, the moment of the night was Darci having the puppet barf up the yo-yo.  She was delighting in the ironic humor.  I was, too.

Ameriker demonstrated in the Dunkin Save that singers are what they most like.  Simon is a huckster from way back.  Give the audience what it wants.  He has managed this brilliantly through the years.  If the Monkees were a recent construct, Simon would have put it together.

Howie can eat a turd for his purposeful/agendae-driven remarks about Major being "confusing" last night.  Shove your apology, Mandel.

No worries from me as to the bottom line of the choices shown tonight.  No outrages.

• Love 2

Well, the finals are going to be very interesting. You have several contestants with sob stories. Three young 12 to 14 year old girls that will be counting on America to not make these girls cry on stage. One poem dude that will probably bring up social issues, and if he does, will probably win! So I'm looking at this in a different way than probably most are. I don't think the Wokeman's poems are worthy of a Vegas performance. Therefore, I'm placing the Wokeman as the front runner and the one to beat. But he is human and an be beat! He will lose if .....

Broken Roots sings out of their minds! They have to perform the best they ever have!

Archie Williams improves his singing and really performs for us. AGT is going to have to roll that sob story again and makes us remember that he was in prison for 37 years for a crime he didn't commit!

Roberta Battaglia suddenly develops a good voice. Her audition was her last good performance. I thought she sounded "pitchy" the last two times she sang.

Alan Silva plays the piano and swallows fire while flying through the air. In other words, he has no chance!

Cristina Rae just continues to give us great singing performances and the cameras show her son at least a dozen times. 

America doesn't want to disappoint Kenadi Dodds' siblings. Her sob story might not be enough.

America doesn't want to crush Daneliya Tuleshova's dreams and see her breakdown on stage. She looked like she wanted to cry when she was waiting for Terry Crews to announce the results.

Do somersaults while still standing on each other's head and bending like Gumby. Like Alan Silva, they really have no chance.

America does the right thing and gives all the votes to this dancing couple! They really are the most entertaining of all the finalists.

I think it's going to come down to three contestants

Wokeman

Cristina Rae

Bad Salsa 

Yay, Bad Salsa! Now will the cute little girl singers cancel out the sob stories next week? I expect Archie, Christina Rae and Brandon Leakes to be the top three. Bello Sisters won't be able to travel as Germany is still on the banned list, but there's an outside chance Bad Salsa can come if they get a non-tourist visa.

• Love 2

The whole thing is riding on how Archie performs next.  If he wows the judges and non-existent audience, he could win.  Cristina Rae has the best chance now and I think it will come down to her song choice; we know she can deliver the goods.  I don't even take her kid into consideration at this point.  Bad Salsa won't win because they're not singers.  I feel that it's singers' turn this time to win the show, probably predestined per Simon's wishes.

6 hours ago, rr2911 said:

I think it's going to come down to three contestants

Wokeman

Cristina Rae

Bad Salsa 

I think the fact that 1. Bad Salsa were in the Dunkin' Save and 2. they didn't get it doesn't bode well for them as far as people voting for them. Which is a shame because I like them and I think they're actually very talented. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:

BTS gave me a stomach ache.  I am so not into pretty Korean boys so I don't appreciate the appeal of a K-pop boy band.

I was only listening from the kitchen and kept thinking the one voice was a girl. Then I would look into the living room and be like, "oh."

The last (only) boy band I was into was New Kids on the Block.

7 hours ago, Lonesome Rhodes said:

By far, the moment of the night was Darci having the puppet barf up the yo-yo.  She was delighting in the ironic humor.  I was, too.

I love her expressions, too. (I also liked that it was a happy-face yo-yo...got both Sofia and Heidi with that one.)

• Love 2

The final will be tough to watch because acts that would make it watchable are not going to be there.   I don't want all this "sob story ... i been bullied..... I have a disabilty.... sob sob sob.....and really,  all of these singers cancel each other out,  not one stands out over the other.  

I ask myself since i know Brandon will win,  because the moment calls for it.....what acts would make better entertainment?   I know Max Major isn't winning but i still wanted to see what he'd do next.....so too with the danger guy.   While i don't necessarily think Archie is owed a career by the show.....because he does sing ok....I hope he has been given reparations to the point where he can live out his days on HIS terms because he can't really be compensated for all his lost time.  

As far as the finale.....while I've been moved by Brandon's soul searching .... is it a Vegas act?  

• Love 2

Why am I not surprised that Bad Salsa, the best act of the night, needed a judges' save, while two boring but cute tween girl singers were voted through? I hate to say it, but I just don't think that a lot of Americans can relate to a couple of young Indians with accents that the AGT producers think require subtitles. 

"Wokeman" is in no way, shape, or form a Vegas act, and if you're going to vote based on social justice issues, who deserves to win more? A young dude name checking current events or a black man who was unjustly sentenced to 37 years in prison for a racially charged crime in Louisiana back in the '60s?

The Bello Sisters arguably might be a Vegas act but I wonder if they have enough variety to sustain an ongoing show. 

Christina Rae seems a likely winner. Among the singers I would be okay with that, but I'm so tired of 6 or 7 out of 10 finalists being singers. I'm still pulling for Bad Salsa, but based on results from the other night there's probably no chance.

10 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

Bello Sisters won't be able to travel as Germany is still on the banned list, but there's an outside chance Bad Salsa can come if they get a non-tourist visa.

.The US Open (tennis) was just held in New York City, and there were players from countries all over the world, including Germany. So it looks like there are exceptions made. 

Edited by bluepiano
  • Love 1

I told you guys Celina would be toast once they dropped her "The cool kids were mean to me" backstory and switched it up to her being a soccer star. Bye Celina. I'm still okay with your clothes though, and I'm pretty cool.

If TPTB would quit showing Cristina Rae's kid every two seconds, maybe she wouldn't be getting all those votes. He's been on my tv screen more than all the other acts combined. I've grown to hate that kid. Hope she loses, if only for exploiting a minor.

Colin Cloud tells everyone to look ONLY at your pendulum, so both Heidi an Sofia give him a couple of direct glares each. Nice, ladies. Meanwhile ... SHIN LIM!!!!!!!!! Kodi Lee!! Yeay! I guess Colin did some magic things. But ... SHIN LIM!

Some singer beat WAFFLE Crew. Bummer. I hope they make the transition over to WOD. Different network, different viewers maybe.

Bello sisters beat Brett. I guess that gross endoscope joke and The Regurgitator throw up back didn't play for America. I still would like for Bello Nock to meet the Bello sisters.

Dunkin' Save goes to a ... SINGER! Who woulda guessed.

The only way Archie can win this is if the show forgets about his daughter that no one cares about and goes back to his being in prison for three-plus decades. Only that will even the playing field, since Cristina Rae's kid is getting his own show, to be aired before the finale. Even being wrongly imprisoned won't top adorable brat kid in America's eyes.

I'm hoping for BAD Salsa to win, but since they won't, I'm rooting for Brandon Lee and his poetry slam routine. And yeah, good luck to me on that.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, saber5055 said:

The only way Archie can win this is if the show forgets about his daughter that no one cares about and goes back to his being in prison for three-plus decades. Only that will even the playing field, since Cristina Rae's kid is getting his own show, to be aired before the finale. Even being wrongly imprisoned won't top adorable brat kid in America's eyes.

I'm hoping for BAD Salsa to win, but since they won't, I'm rooting for Brandon Lee and his poetry slam routine. And yeah, good luck to me on that

I'm not a fan of Brandon Lee (Wokeman) at all, but I think he is going to win if he brings his racial injustice message again. I'm hoping that AGT repeats Archie Williams' 37 years in prison story and of course Archie must have a good performance. Cristina Rae's cute son hopefully will be plastered all over for the country to see. I'll gladly see her son's tv show if it means beating out Brandon Lee! My favorite Brett Loudermilk didn't make it, but my second favorite BAD Salsa did, and I'm pulling for them to win the whole enchilada! 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, ams1001 said:

I was only listening from the kitchen and kept thinking the one voice was a girl. Then I would look into the living room and be like, "oh."

The last (only) boy band I was into was New Kids on the Block.

I love her expressions, too. (I also liked that it was a happy-face yo-yo...got both Sofia and Heidi with that one.)

Part of my misspent youth was spent being a Monkees fan, but I soon grew out of that embarrassing phase and went back to my beloved Beatles (not that the Monkees had actually replaced my love for John, Paul, George and Ringo!).

Darci Lynne was awesome as usual.  What did everyone think of Colin Cloud's mentalist spot?

• Love 2

Archie Williams' reparations from the State of Louisiana came in the form of a settlement of $250,000.  This is the lowest amount allowable in this nation (it is determined by each state's civil laws settlement caps).

Brandon Leake isn't a shoe-in because the SJW messages or whatever you want to call it is polarizing.  See what happened in Britain's Got Talent September 5th show.  The show received the second highest number of complaints in this decade for airing an act called Diversity who performed a BLM-inspired dance act.  (Further outrage ensues because the UK's communications regulator refuses to investigate the outrage/complaints/what happened.)  I'm not sayin' we're just like our friends across the pond, but it's a consideration.

Also, Brandon isn't a singer and I don't think a non-singer is going to win the whole taco stand.  I could very well be wrong, but if I am I'll have to blame a malfunctioning crystal ball (which is, indeed, blue).  And my turban will fly off!

Where's Simon?  Recovering slowly at home in L.A.  I don't think he's coming back this season.  But he's still conscious and pulling the strings from his home hospital bed, I'm sure.  This is King Simon's show and that is why I'm certain a singer will win this season.  Shin Lim winning was an unusual event throughout AGT's history, isn't it?  I'm sure that's what I've read.  (Glad he won though!)

US Open players were subject to Covid rules and had to spend 14 days quarantined if they came from a country on the list, or spent more than 24 hours in one of those areas within 14 days. They knew in advance and could plan accordingly. Too late for the Bello Sisters.

I really hope to see Bad Salsa on a future season of WoD but WAFFLE crew is not good enough.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Vermicious Knid said:

US Open players were subject to Covid rules and had to spend 14 days quarantined if they came from a country on the list, or spent more than 24 hours in one of those areas within 14 days. They knew in advance and could plan accordingly. Too late for the Bello Sisters..

Granted regarding observing the 14 day quarantine. But I'm still saying there are special exceptions, because an average citizen of any EU country is not allowed into the US even under a quarantine protocol, and same for any average US citizen wanting to visit the EU. So there are privileged classes (athletes, entertainers) who have their own set of rules. (I know, because I had to cancel a long planned for dream trip to Spain).

4 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:

Darci Lynne was awesome as usual.  What did everyone think of Colin Cloud's mentalist spot?

Well, since the Max Major debacle showed that all these mentalist acts are a fraud, not much. Since there were pre-taped videos of Shin Lim, Darci Lyne, and Kody Lee performing, of course they knew what object or song the judges were going to pick. I actually think they went too far with those pre-recorded videos, because there was no conceivable explanation other than advance notice. It's like they weren't even trying to fool us. 

I have tons of respect for sleight of hand magicians who practice for years to perfect their craft. (I've had the experience of one making things appear and disappear for me in person, so no editing possible there). But zero respect for all these "mind readers" and mentalists who apparently have no other talent than slinging a line of hooey. 

• Love 2
On 9/17/2020 at 1:51 PM, CrystalBlue said:

What did everyone think of Colin Cloud's mentalist spot?

I've already forgotten what Colin did. Except ... SHN LIM! He made Shin Lim appear, so I say Best Magic Act EVAH.

Thinking about what some posters have said, what act is good enough to headline a Vegas show. I say not a  single one of the singers. Why would I fly to Vegas and pay $100 to see some AGT singer whose name I can't even remember when I can just go to my local county fair and see Keith Urban for 10 bucks. Singers ... eh. Just a way for Simon to make (more) money.

• Love 1

I'm guessing we're not getting through the finale without at least a virtual visit from Simon ...who won't likely be on the judges panel live.  I guess if they really wanted ....Simon could judge virtually while the others are on set.   I guess it's better for him to just rest because he's got Champions 3 to do.

On 9/19/2020 at 1:56 PM, Swenson said:

I'm guessing we're not getting through the finale without at least a virtual visit from Simon ...who won't likely be on the judges panel live.  I guess if they really wanted ....Simon could judge virtually while the others are on set.   I guess it's better for him to just rest because he's got Champions 3 to do.

I actually think that the show has been better without Simon. The old American Idol Simon, I would gladly welcome back, but not this powder puff Simon. Three judges are enough.

• Love 1
On 9/16/2020 at 10:05 PM, Lonesome Rhodes said:

meriker demonstrated in the Dunkin Save that singers are what they most like.  Simon is a huckster from way back.  Give the audience what it wants.  He has managed this brilliantly through the years.  If the Monkees were a recent construct, Simon would have put it together.

One Direction is a boy band that Simon put together and manages.

I thought BAD Salsa had impressive "tricks" but I didn't see a whole lot of dancing. Their transitions were mostly setting up a new trick and looked kind of clumsy for "dancing." Lots more acrobatics than dancing. They were very entertaining and clearly quite skilled at tricks, but no artistry, to my eye.

I loved the poet, and found myself pretty mesmerized.