Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E20: Results Show 5

• Start Topic

Just watched last night's show that I didn't realize was on. Cut off Howie babbling at Roberta to switch to the results. 

• Spyros Bros vs Dance Town Family - is this the first time they've done a "none of you are going through" fake out? Does that mean we're gonna get an "both/all of you" later on?
  • Broken Roots vs Double Dragon - good. DD annoyed me.
  • Brandon Leake vs Thomas Day - Guess all  that "football or covid?" drama was all for naught.
  • "and Piff the Magic Dragon...also lives here." Poor Piff. Can dragons even get covid?
  • Shaquira vs Roberta - Yay I was right.
  • It's the sweater-set twins! Apparently their neighbor grows neatly cut flowers in their garden?
  • Dunkin Save: Allan Silva vs Archie Williams vs Malik Dope - Surprised Archie is in there but he wasn't that good last night (despite Howie's claim that his imperfection is his perfection, whatever the hell that means).
  • Judges' Save: Archie Williams vs Malik Dope - SOFIA JUST PICK ONE! Jeez. 🙄 Heidi broke the tie and picked him because of his backstory.
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Spyros vs. DanceTown. WTH, NONE of you? Talk about a harsh psych. I would have put both of them through if I were king.

Broken Roots vs. Double Dragon. I guess Roots was the right choice, even though I HATED their Ring of Fire extravaganza at the Bates Motel last night.

Brandon Lee vs. Thomas Day. Thanks, America, for kicking the lying-ass Ugly Sweater Boy to the curb. I hope he stays there. Jerk.

Shakira vs. Roberta. Agree. Roberta is the better singer who doesn't have to rely on screeching to shout a song out.

This show is SO SO SO much better without Simon and an audience. It's actually tolerable, and I figured out tonight that it's because of no Simon. Long may that last.

OMG, it's the Audience Twins. Who the heck are these chicks, aunts of some PA or something?

Dunkin: Alan beat Archie and Malik. Okay I guess. Then Archie beat Malik. At least I think he did, I sort of drifted off at the end.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Dunkin: Alan beat Archie and Malik. Okay I guess. Then Archie beat Malik. At least I think he did, I sort of drifted off at the end.

Heh...Sofia picked Archie, Howie picked Malik, and Heidi said something about Malik having a great life ahead of him and Archie having had his life taken away and she wasn't going to do that to so she picked him. 

Between the two of them, just based on last night's performance I would have picked Malik.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Sad, but not in the least surprised to see my two favorites from last night fail to make the top 6.  I was surprised by the NONE OF YOU prank.

I was quite surprised that Silva beat out Archie for the save.  Not saying it was a wrong decision.  Archie blew chunks last night.

Mr. Piffles!  Lame as can be bit/package.  But, I don't care. 

Hedi as artist and the H twins vignettes were turrible. 

Still no Simon.  Hmmmm. 

• Love 2

Surprise!  Neither of you Acts are going through.  Buh Bye and Stay Safe!  Yes, I was surprised they pulled this nasty little prank.  Despite last nights two drops, I was rooting for Spyros Bros because of originality and skill.  Dance acts are a dime a dozen and DTF just seemed that any other dance troupe doing rudimentary moves, although nicely.

Yay Broken Roots!!  Goodbye Double Dragon divas; at least they were gracious when they lost and are jetting back to Peru.

No surprise here!  Brandon was destined to go through and Day deserves to be shown the door.

Loved seeing Piff and Mr. Piffles, but what was the point of having David Copperfield on for like 20 seconds?

Two female singers, one adult and one child.  Child wins.  Not my pick but then we can't win 'em all.  This gives the Roberta fans hope that she can win the million dollars.

So the granny twins are actually a thing now.  <Giggling at saber calling them chicks>  I wondered if that was really their house and if they live together.

Triple Surprise at the Dunkin' Save choices!!!  I predicted Alan would go through because of Archie's poor performance last night, and the handy dandy percentage counter on my screen told me so.  Didn't even need to break out my Crystal Blue Ball.  Then, Archie is Judge's save!  I was surprise Howie chose Malik but I think he did it based on originality and not being another singer.

So the Show screwed up Archie's performance last night by showing him a picture of his daughter before he went on?  Hasn't the guy been through enough without their BS shenanigans?  Shame on The Show.

• Love 2

David Copperfield now has a Vulcan haircut, and has put on weight. Once live shows are permitted again I want to see Piff, if the tickets aren't too expensive. Parking fees got dropped at least.

Thomas Day kicked to the curb, yay. Putting him against Landon made it clear who would win. I hope both his football and singing careers are derailed. Howie picked Malik so they could have the drama of a tiebreaker. Utimately of those two I do think Archie is more talented. Pandering worked for Broken Roots so I fully expect some hoary, jingoistic selection in the finale. Young and precocious wins again for Roberta. I kind of want to see a death match between her and Kenadi.

• Love 3

. The "none of you are going through" has been done before on AGT. It's been awhile though

. Broken Roots v Double Dragon - BR had the better performance, so I'm glad for them. DD never seemed clear what they wanted to do, be a comedy act or a singing duo. Their best performance was yesterday, but it was a little too late.

. "Wokeman" v Thomas Day - It's a shame Day had to go up against a non-Vegas act that everyone seems to be drinking his Koolaid. It was kind of obvious who was going through.

. Shaquira v Roberta - This was an upset, a pretty big one! Shaquira is the better singer overall, but what I think did her in was her semifinal performance. If she sticks to country, she advances. She took a chance and let a pitchy little girl go through.

. Silva/Williams/Dope - Another upset. Silva, I thought, didn't do enough for him to advance. Williams didn't have a good night. In fact, take away his story, and I think he would've been home with his daughter along time ago. Dope's performance was just ok for me, but I thought he should've gone instead of Silva.

. It rubbed me the wrong way when Heidi basically picked Williams over Dope because of Williams' sob story. She didn't even hide it.

. The show is much better without Simon Cowell. In fact, I don't miss the audience either.

• Love 2

I don't miss the audience either.  They treated us to a featurette of the granny twins (who may or may not be grandmothers) though.  Making stars of audience members.

No Simon means Howie has to handle all the edginess and actual judging, rather than loving everything and everyone and not being able to decide because that's the hardest part of this job, being a judge, is judging and making decisions.

Let's face it:  The gals want to be perceived as being nice at all costs because they could be called the B word regularly and that wouldn't be any fun.  That's why Heidi broke the tie with Archie.  She wants to be perceived as being nice and who wants to be mean to a man who had 37 years of his life taken away from him?

Let's just hope that the same logic is applied when they judge the child singers versus the adult singers who have real sob stories.  Because I do not want any of the kid singers to win.  The Battle of the Precocious Princesses will be interesting!  Popcorn!

• Love 2

Joining the party late but pleasantly surprised to see that most people are as underwhelmed by the "talent" on display here as I am. 

I judge each act by the supposed criteria of the show, the ability to carry a large, showy, full-production act on a stage in Vegas. 

Sorry the Spyros brothers are gone, they were one of the bests acts of the season and one that did fit that criteria. I also liked the Romanian puppets, their work really moved me and was technically well done. I also like the Bello Sisters. 

Nobody here  likes Alan Silva? I loved his audition and his quarter-final performance, but I don't think the chains made for as impressive an act. It may have been technically more difficult/dangerous but it lacked the esthetic appeal of the "wings."

Broken Roots? Unlistenable. When Howie called them a coffee house duo, he was dead on. Nobody would go see these guys at a large arena. Another act going through for reasons unrelated to talent.

I would have picked Shakira over the umpteenth child singer. (I am totally sick of singers on this show and child singers in particular). I loved her version of the Stevie Nicks song, it was different enough to be all hers while still carrying the undercurrent of desperation that made the Nicks version such a standout. Outstanding imo.

The woke poet gives me serious phony/grifter vibes. At no other time, in no other season of AGT, would this guy get anything but a resounding BUZZER from the judges. Old, nasty Simon would have laughed his grifting ass off the stage. Even if you like him, these are supposed to be big, grand, shows that could draw a crowd at Vegas. How does this guy fit that? Nope.

LOVED seeing Piff, he was one bright spot in a dull evening. His bit wasn't that great, but still better than most of the acts on stage.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Tango64 said:

Sofia forgot Archie's name. I'm sure of it. Just a total mind freeze when it came time to say who she picked. She got all embarassed and coquettish about pointing and finally asked Howie to say his name. 

Possible, but I would think the judges have cheat sheets on their desks just in case they need to refresh their memories.  Maybe she forgot to look at the cheat sheet?  Agree that she pulled a coquettish move, which is pointless because she pointed at him!  Maybe you're right!

3 hours ago, Marsupial said:

Joining the party late but pleasantly surprised to see that most people are as underwhelmed by the "talent" on display here as I am. 

I judge each act by the supposed criteria of the show, the ability to carry a large, showy, full-production act on a stage in Vegas. 

Sorry the Spyros brothers are gone, they were one of the bests acts of the season and one that did fit that criteria. I also liked the Romanian puppets, their work really moved me and was technically well done. I also like the Bello Sisters. 

Nobody here  likes Alan Silva? I loved his audition and his quarter-final performance, but I don't think the chains made for as impressive an act. It may have been technically more difficult/dangerous but it lacked the esthetic appeal of the "wings."

Broken Roots? Unlistenable. When Howie called them a coffee house duo, he was dead on. Nobody would go see these guys at a large arena. Another act going through for reasons unrelated to talent.

I would have picked Shakira over the umpteenth child singer. (I am totally sick of singers on this show and child singers in particular). I loved her version of the Stevie Nicks song, it was different enough to be all hers while still carrying the undercurrent of desperation that made the Nicks version such a standout. Outstanding imo.

The woke poet gives me serious phony/grifter vibes. At no other time, in no other season of AGT, would this guy get anything but a resounding BUZZER from the judges. Old, nasty Simon would have laughed his grifting ass off the stage. Even if you like him, these are supposed to be big, grand, shows that could draw a crowd at Vegas. How does this guy fit that? Nope.

LOVED seeing Piff, he was one bright spot in a dull evening. His bit wasn't that great, but still better than most of the acts on stage.

The Show oscillates between being a Vegas show, part of a Vegas show, being worth a million dollars paid over a 40-year period in the small print, being original, being stupid or risky enough to sing/play an original song, depending on the mood of each judge, and back to heading at a Las Vegas Show on The Strip.  I never know what the criteria is and I'm sure the judges and host are feeding us subliminal messages throughout all their relentless commentaries.

I like Alan Silva just fine, but he already has a career being from a circus family and being part of Cirque du Soleil's Zumanity show, which is the sensual side of circus acts, which is why his young children never saw him perform before AGT, so the story goes.  Here's a YouTube video which is 'safe for work':

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKrLNi-Tgio

• Love 3

Alan had dark hair!

5 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:

The Show oscillates between being a Vegas show, part of a Vegas show, being worth a million dollars paid over a 40-year period in the small print, being original, being stupid or risky enough to sing/play an original song, depending on the mood of each judge, and back to heading at a Las Vegas Show on The Strip.  I never know what the criteria is and I'm sure the judges and host are feeding us subliminal messages throughout all their relentless commentaries.

So much this. I watch just to pass the time, have some fun, and to see you guys here every week. I really am not invested in or serious about any of the acts.

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, saber5055 said:

Alan had dark hair!

So much this. I watch just to pass the time, have some fun, and to see you guys here every week. I really am not invested in or serious about any of the acts.

The only act I ever truly got emotionally invested in and actually voted for was Sara & Hero.  That girl won my heart with her dawgs Hero and Loki.  I was hugely happy when Darci Lynne won.  She won my heart too.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Marsupial said:

I agree with you about the "Wokeman". There isn't any room for this type of act at Vegas. I too judge these acts as whether they're a million dollar Las Vegas act and this one isn't one of them. His social messages just rubbed me the wrong way and that was it for me.   

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, InternetToughGuy said:

Has the show continued the same downward trajectory in the past 2 weeks? If the next season is 100% this paranoid football field away from each other crap, I don't think I can bother.

You missed Dance Town Family being socially correct and COVID-19 prevention compliant by including face masks in their costumes, as they touch each other repeatedly twirling and throwing and catching each other.  No social distancing there.

The only act I ever truly got emotionally invested in and actually voted for was Sara & Hero.  That girl won my heart with her dawgs Hero and Loki.  I was hugely happy when Darci Lynne won.  She won my heart too.

I cosign 100% on this. I adored Sara and Hero and was so happy when Simon saved them at the audition. She has continued to do well, incidentally, which again shows that exposure is actually the main reason people go on this show IMO. I also fell in love with Darci Lynne at first sight, as apparently all of America and the world did LOL. It was fun to see her, and I was impressed by Sofia's ventriloquist chops!

I didn't know Alan Silva was in Zumanity! I have seen several Cirque du Soleil shows, but never got to see Zumanity. Thank you for that!

I hear that!! OTOH it's also fun to root for an act...until they get booted. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, InternetToughGuy said:

Has the show continued the same downward trajectory in the past 2 weeks? If the next season is 100% this paranoid football field away from each other crap, I don't think I can bother.

I wouldn't say it's gotten worse, but I certainly wouldn't say it's gotten better. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:

You missed Dance Town Family being socially correct and COVID-19 prevention compliant by including face masks in their costumes, as they touch each other repeatedly twirling and throwing and catching each other.  No social distancing there.

OTOH, the masks protected each dancer from contaminated snot and spittle flying from their partners' mouths and nose, and kept all loogies contained instead of being hocked up to be stuck everywhere on everything. There are so many self-centered maskholes everywhere in this country, it was nice to see Dance Town dancers being responsible and setting a good example. I would have moved them through to the final just for that.

It's my opinion that this show has been greatly improved by no mugging and OTT audience and no mugging and OTT Simon. Best.Season.EVAH for this viewer.

I can't imagine what ITG is doing with his time if he's not watching and posting about this show. Maybe change that to "I don't want to imagine ..."

• LOL 2
7 hours ago, saber5055 said:

OTOH, the masks protected each dancer from contaminated snot and spittle flying from their partners' mouths and nose, and kept all loogies contained instead of being hocked up to be stuck everywhere on everything. There are so many self-centered maskholes everywhere in this country, it was nice to see Dance Town dancers being responsible and setting a good example. I would have moved them through to the final just for that.

It's my opinion that this show has been greatly improved by no mugging and OTT audience and no mugging and OTT Simon. Best.Season.EVAH for this viewer.

I can't imagine what ITG is doing with his time if he's not watching and posting about this show. Maybe change that to "I don't want to imagine ..."

If anyone tells me to wear "the mask" I'll cover my face with a Jim Carrey DVD and try and argue semantics as I'm trying to crawl between the Walmart security guard's legs. I usually remember about the show after it's over and then immediately forget. I'll watch the finale, even though I have no connection to anybody and don't even know who is still in. As for what I'm doing, there's no way to glamorize doing nothing except staring at the wall out of defeated boredom as the spiders start spinning webs on my motionless body. Everything is so boring lately.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

Cirque du Soliel filed for bankruptcy even before Covid hit, and then all live shows around the world shut down and nothing has been allowed to reopen. In short, there may not be any Cirque for anyone to go back to.

Same thing happened to Bello Nock when Ringling folded, out of a job. At least the singers can apply for a job at Howie's Coffee House.

• Love 1